2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
63 members (AlkansBookcase, Barry_Braksick, danno858, BadSanta, danbot3, Animisha, Burkhard, 14 invisible), 1,836 guests, and 283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
OP Offline
T
Hi,
I am a beginner.
I found some piano learning software on the web that connect to the midi port of digital piano.
It sounds like a great idea, it adveritse that it can grade your performance, tell you which part was played wrong, beat error, etc...

Have anyone try these? Any recommendation?

Thanks.

R
R
I've only tried using Synthesia initially when I wanted to learn piano and didn't take any lessons. However I found that I could only play on a single hand and didn't really progress at all.

Instead, it is a good way of quickly trying to learn to play a song when you can't read music. When I used it, I can't get used to looking at falling bars to read the notes. I no longer use it as I have started lessons and am more focused on the exercises the instructor gives me.

The software does display music notation as well as the falling bars, so it seems it will be a very useful tool for practicing songs, getting scored on your performance and seeing how close to the correct speed you play the songs.

I have never tried any of the more expensive commercial programs that clain to teach you to play piano. So I can't comment on them.

I think looking back on my attempts to try teach myself, I still think getting a teacher helps you so much more than trying to use a program to help you learn piano. By having someone to help teach you, you will learn piano much more efficiently and end up progressing a lot faster.

S
S
I think Piano Marvel is pretty decent. I like most of it. It costs though, there's a monthly fee and you have to be connected to the internet for it to work, i don't care for that much. You can try it for 30 days and see for yourself.

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
you could try mine smile

http://PianoCheetah.app - my weird piano practice program
I have Emedia's Piano software. It is a really decent tool. It grades each piece you play and tells you when you hit the wrong note (though you can usually hear that) and if you held a note to long/too short, grades timing etc.

The only thing I don't like is when there are multiple pages to a score, it advances to the next page based on timing, not necessarily how fast YOU are playing hte piece. So, at the end of a page, you will be looking at notes and all of a sudden the page turns before you are ready!

Over all though, I think it is a great tool. Worth the $50 IMHO.

Started Playing May 2010 at 51 yrs old, Some Self Learning, Lessons X 3yrs

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,260
Members111,633
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission