Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
140 registered (anamnesis, Alexander Borro, ajames, accordeur, 45 invisible), 1663 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Topic Options
#1370547 - 02/10/10 08:44 PM Long Beach Piano Meetup (Orange County & Los Angeles too!)
ec Offline

Loc: Long Beach, CA
Are you an adult amateur pianist who lives in in Long Beach, California or in a nearby Los Angeles or Orange County city? Are you looking for a friendly group that meets monthly to play for each other, socialize and offer support and encouragement? Beginning students, those returning to piano study after an absence and advanced students--all are welcome to join our new Meetup group! Our first meeting is scheduled for Sunday, February 21st at 3 PM--see http://www.meetup.com/Long-Beach-Piano-Meetup-Group/ for details!

Chopin - Nocturne, Op.62, No. 2
Mazurka, Op. 41, No. 1 (C# minor)
Etude, Op. 25, No. 9
Polonaise, Op. 40, No. 2, C minor

Piano & Music Gifts & Accessories (570)
Piano accessories and music gift items
#1394085 - 03/11/10 10:44 PM Re: Long Beach Piano Meetup (Orange County & Los Angeles too!) [Re: ec]
ec Offline

We had a small but wonderful first meeting-great musicmaking (everyone who attended also played, even those who didn't think they could or would), good fellowship and tasty food! Our next meeting is Sunday, March 28th at 3 PM--please see http://www.meetup.com/Long-Beach-Piano-Meetup-Group/ for all the details. We would love to see you there!

Etude, Op. 25, No. 9

#1400695 - 03/21/10 03:30 PM Re: Long Beach Piano Meetup (Orange County & Los Angeles too!) [Re: ec]
TTigg Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Southern California
Just stumbled across this! I'm hoping to host a party soon in 2010 and I will be taking a look and hopefully joining you guys on the 28th! thumb
- SC

My You Tube | My Box.net

#1404954 - 03/27/10 01:35 PM Re: Long Beach Piano Meetup (Orange County & Los Angeles too [Re: ec]
Ode2Joy Offline

Loc: southern cal
Hi there!

Just came across this today! I would love to join tomorrow but unfortunately we have made plans with family.

Please let me know when the next get together is and I would love to meet up with fellow piano folks.

Cheers!

#1406509 - 03/29/10 05:45 PM Re: Long Beach Piano Meetup (Orange County & Los Angeles too [Re: Ode2Joy]
jans88s Offline

Loc: SoCal
I hope to join you next time around! Didn't see this in time!

Edited by jans88s (03/29/10 05:46 PM)

#1406519 - 03/29/10 06:10 PM Re: Long Beach Piano Meetup (Orange County & Los Angeles too [Re: jans88s]
TTigg Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Southern California
Originally Posted By: jans88s
I hope to join you next time around! Didn't see this in time!

Well there's a potential 2 more right there. It was a great meeting, great people, great location, great piano, (amazing tall ceiling!) and great hosts with awesome food.

Look forward to meeting more and broadening one's horizon (so to speak) thumb
- SC

My You Tube | My Box.net

#1406810 - 03/30/10 01:46 AM Re: Long Beach Piano Meetup (Orange County & Los Angeles too [Re: TTigg]
winniee Offline

Loc: irvine, ca
hope to join you guys next time~

winnie

#1414551 - 04/09/10 10:10 PM Re: Long Beach Piano Meetup (Orange County & Los Angeles too [Re: winniee]
ec Offline

Wow, here's a whole conversation I didn't even know about! As you already heard from TTigg, we had another great meeting, and are gearing up for our 3rd event on April 25th. Take a look at http://www.meetup.com/Long-Beach-Piano-Meetup-Group/, and if you like what you see, please join up and join us!

cd

Etude, Op. 25, No. 9

#1439176 - 05/18/10 05:35 PM Re: Long Beach Piano Meetup (Orange County & Los Angeles too [Re: ec]
ec Offline

If you've been meaning to look into what the Long Beach Piano Meetup Group is all about, this would be a great time to do it!
Visit us at http://www.meetup.com/Long-Beach-Piano-Meetup-Group/, to check out our three previous highly successful events.
If this is the piano group you've been looking for all along, you'll be glad to know that our 4rd piano event takes place on May 23rd. Remember that we welcome pianists from all over Orange and Los Angeles counties (or from even further, if you don't mind a little freeway time smile

cd

Etude, Op. 25, No. 9

#1451687 - 06/07/10 01:04 AM Re: Long Beach Piano Meetup (Orange County & Los Angeles too [Re: ec]
Ode2Joy Offline

Loc: southern cal
Just putting another holler out there for any amateur pianists in the greater Los Angeles area to check out the Long Beach Piano Meetup Group .

Our next gathering and informal playing is Sunday June 27th @3pm.

Hope that we can get some Piano World Forum folks to share in the fun.

#1472925 - 07/12/10 12:44 PM Re: Long Beach Piano Meetup (Orange County & Los Angeles too [Re: Ode2Joy]
ec Offline

Long Beach Piano Meetup Group is celebrating our 6 month anniversary!!! After an amazing event at Ode2Joy's home in June, we're assembling again at my home on July 25th for more piano playing (solo and collaborative) and good times together. Curious? Why not take a look at http://www.meetup.com/Long-Beach-Piano-Meetup-Group/ and see what you think?
If you're an adult amateur pianist with a yen for companionship and performing opportunities, we look forward to welcoming you!

Etude, Op. 25, No. 9

#1517629 - 09/18/10 12:28 AM Re: Long Beach Piano Meetup (Orange County & Los Angeles too [Re: ec]
ec Offline

SoCal Piano folks, the Long Beach Piano Group (for pianists who play not because they have to but because they want to smile ) is going strong! Our 8th gathering of committed amateur pianists will take place on Sunday, September 26th at 3 pm.
For more details, see
http://www.meetup.com/Long-Beach-Piano-Meetup-Group/calendar/14606088/
and our home page: http://www.meetup.com/Long-Beach-Piano-Meetup-Group/

Maybe we'll see you there!

Etude, Op. 25, No. 9

#1527384 - 10/03/10 12:39 PM Re: Long Beach Piano Meetup (Orange County & Los Angeles too [Re: ec]
nitekatt2008z Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: ec
Long Beach Piano Meetup Group is celebrating our 6 month anniversary!!! After an amazing event at Ode2Joy's home in June, we're assembling again at my home on July 25th for more piano playing (solo and collaborative) and good times together. Curious? Why not take a look at http://www.meetup.com/Long-Beach-Piano-Meetup-Group/ and see what you think?
If you're an adult amateur pianist with a yen for companionship and performing opportunities, we look forward to welcoming you!

Is there a Los Angeles Piano meetup group near the Hollywood area anytime soon?

Thanks

katt

#1566429 - 11/29/10 03:25 PM Re: Long Beach Piano Meetup (Orange County & Los Angeles too [Re: ec]
ec Offline

SoCal Piano folks, the Long Beach Piano Group (for pianists who play not because they have to but because they want to smile is planning our 11th gathering of committed amateur pianists, to take place Sunday, December 12th at 3 pm.
For more details, see http://www.meetup.com/Long-Beach-Piano-Meetup-Group/calendar/15288479/ and our home page: http://www.meetup.com/Long-Beach-Piano-Meetup-Group/
This is a more casual event than our usual informal recital, with a relaxed play and mingle preceding a potluck dinner
Maybe we'll see you there!
ec
Long Beach, CA

Etude, Op. 25, No. 9

#1566431 - 11/29/10 03:30 PM Re: Long Beach Piano Meetup (Orange County & Los Angeles too [Re: nitekatt2008z]
ec Offline

Hi Katt-

So far, we all meet in just one group--although we usually meet in Long Beach, we have welcomed members from all over LA and Orange Counties as well as a few from San Diego and San Bernardino counties. I'm not aware of an existing piano group in the Hollywood area, but perhaps someone who's reading this will chime in smile

Etude, Op. 25, No. 9

#1634018 - 03/05/11 09:38 AM Re: Long Beach Piano Meetup (Orange County & Los Angeles too [Re: ec]
Terrytunes Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Tewksbury MA
ec.. I took a tour of your last year of gatherings and have to tell you "I'm envious"!! and of course, very happy for all who have joined a piano gathering group.

Appears you've found places outside of your homes to gather; I like that idea. And I also noticed you charge a fee to attendees? We've never done that at our past gatherings but for those who don't desire to bring along a food contribution could be a good alternative. And I totally like the dedicated once a month gatherings.

Thanks for sharing the very impressive link to your 'meet up' gatherings.

#1656360 - 04/07/11 02:13 PM Re: Long Beach Piano Meetup (Orange County & Los Angeles too [Re: Terrytunes]
ec Offline

The Long Beach Piano Group (for pianists who play not because they have to but because they want to 3hearts ) is going strong! Our next gathering of committed amateur pianists (as well as a violinist, a cellist AND a vocalist!) will take place on Sunday, May 1st, 2011 at 3 pm.
Why not take a look at our website (http://www.meetup.com/Long-Beach-Piano-Meetup-Group)??? We'd love to welcome YOU to our next musical event!

Etude, Op. 25, No. 9

#1656366 - 04/07/11 02:22 PM Re: Long Beach Piano Meetup (Orange County & Los Angeles too [Re: Terrytunes]
ec Offline

Hi Terrytunes--thanks so much for your kind words!! As we meet monthly, we try to shake things up a little to give our members opportunities to play in different environments on different instruments.
As far as the fee goes, we don't charge it if we do a potluck (which we occasionally do), but it works better for me to prepare a meal in advance for the group than to have a variety of potluck offerings raining down into my small kitchen at the last minute when I too am planning to perform. So far, so good!!

Etude, Op. 25, No. 9

#1848586 - 02/20/12 05:05 PM Re: Long Beach Piano Meetup (Orange County & Los Angeles too!) [Re: ec]
ec Offline

Wow--it seems like only yesterday I was posting the inaugural meeting of the Long Beach Piano Meetup Group to this forum, but this Sunday, February 26th, 2012, we're meeting to celebrate our 24th meeting and our SECOND birthday wow ! (http://www.meetup.com/Long-Beach-Piano-Meetup-Group/events/49287092/).
Highlights of the past two years include a Schumann/Chopin/ Barber Birthday recital, a Franz Liszt and His Contemporaries recital and our first ever master class with Jim McCormick. If you're an amateur adult pianist in the SoCal area, why not check us out??
http://www.meetup.com/Long-Beach-Piano-Meetup-Group/

Etude, Op. 25, No. 9

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
- > Gift Ideas for Music Lovers < -
From PianoSupplies.com a division of Piano World.
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
REPOST: Freaked out by how roughly movers handled piano
by kaustin
12/19/14 03:10 PM
Upright dampers not damping much, what to look for?
by JoeThePro
12/19/14 01:26 PM
Restoration referrals needed
by Dewdman42
12/19/14 12:38 PM
Single note with a "harsh sound"
by i1lsia
12/19/14 12:23 PM
Schaff Bros baby grand piano $300
by Paul678
12/19/14 11:24 AM
Forum Stats
77354 Members
42 Forums
159988 Topics
2349483 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission