Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#1568411 - 12/02/10 05:07 AM Melbourne Area Australia - Piano Practice Room Rental
saveyourwork Offline

Loc: Victoria, Australia
Hi all - just wondering if anyone know there is any piano practice room available for rental? I am currently studying for AMEB Grade 5 and would like to boost my confidence by playing at different pianos?

Thanks

(ads 568) Hailun Pianos

piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#1568422 - 12/02/10 05:31 AM Re: Melbourne Area Australia - Piano Practice Room Rental [Re: saveyourwork]
Dave Horne Online   content
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Vught, The Netherlands
Have you tried the various churches in your area. I'm sure there are many pianos in churches that don't get much use. You could offer to chip in for the tuning, hell you might even get offered a job to play for some prayer meeting in exchange for the use of the piano.

mp3\wav files

AvantGrand N3, CP5

#1568921 - 12/02/10 08:44 PM Re: Melbourne Area Australia - Piano Practice Room Rental [Re: saveyourwork]
Lushey1 Offline

Loc: Melbourne-Australia
We have them available at Allans music in Melbourne at $5 per half hour.
Kawai RX6 Blak,Steinway upright,Yamaha upright,Roland RD700NX,Korg Kronos

#1568927 - 12/02/10 08:53 PM Re: Melbourne Area Australia - Piano Practice Room Rental [Re: Lushey1]
kawaifans1025 Offline

I don't think Allans Music (Burke St Store) has what you are hoping for. They only have some old yamaha u3 pianos in their practice rooms. I have tried them and they were out of tune as well.

Since you are preparing for your grade 5 exam I think it would be better if you can practice on a grand piano.

Can others give us an idea on where can we find piano practice room in Melbourne? I am very interested as well.

#1569052 - 12/03/10 01:30 AM Re: Melbourne Area Australia - Piano Practice Room Rental [Re: kawaifans1025]
Lushey1 Offline

Loc: Melbourne-Australia
Totally incorrect,kawaifans1025,the pianos are Kawai K5 uprights.
Kawai RX6 Blak,Steinway upright,Yamaha upright,Roland RD700NX,Korg Kronos

#1569527 - 12/03/10 06:32 PM Re: Melbourne Area Australia - Piano Practice Room Rental [Re: Lushey1]
saveyourwork Offline

Thanks guys - I am overwhelmed by the response as I am new to the forum and just getting these responses are very encouraging.

Yes - I have tried Bourke Street Allans Music practice room but I have to say (sorry Lushey1) that sound isolation between each practice room needs some improvement.

Whenever I used the practice room, I can hear people playing guitar next door and also a few rooms down people playing the piano too. Furthermore, because the space of the practice room is small with wooden floor, the sound that generated from the piano just too loud to be able to play expressively. This normally leads me even more nervous because trying to control the sound instead of focus on playing.

I am thinking a floor with carpet with perhaps a mattress behind the piano (or some materials to absorb the sound) might help?

Note - this is solely my personal experience at Bourke Street Allans Music.

From memory - the piano is yamaha upright - not Kawai.

Anyway, I am just thinking if all the adult learners in Melbourne can chip in and buy a piano (to share) at some accessible location - then we can take turn to play and occasionally can organise some recitals for us!

Let me know what you think smile

#1569568 - 12/03/10 07:53 PM Re: Melbourne Area Australia - Piano Practice Room Rental [Re: saveyourwork]
ando Online   content
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Just curious Saveyourwork, what is your situation? Are you unable to have a piano where you live? Whereabouts are you located? Do you have a piano anywhere that you can use?

Regards,
Andy

#1569576 - 12/03/10 08:03 PM Re: Melbourne Area Australia - Piano Practice Room Rental [Re: ando]
raskdog Offline

Loc: Melbourne Australia
From his OP I think he does have a piano. Just wants to try playing on different pianos.

saveyourwork - If you are anywhere near Cranbourne go into Cranbourne Music. I think they have piano rooms.

#1569578 - 12/03/10 08:10 PM Re: Melbourne Area Australia - Piano Practice Room Rental [Re: raskdog]
ando Online   content
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Originally Posted By: raskdog
From his OP I think he does have a piano. Just wants to try playing on different pianos.

saveyourwork - If you are anywhere near Cranbourne go into Cranbourne Music. I think they have piano rooms.

Oh yes, you are right! Sorry, I should have read that.

Where are you located? You are welcome to play my piano if you live in the northern suburbs. It's just a Yamaha U3 though.

#1569579 - 12/03/10 08:11 PM Re: Melbourne Area Australia - Piano Practice Room Rental [Re: saveyourwork]
saveyourwork Offline

Hey ando - yes I have a Yamaha digital piano at home. However, sometimes I found that by playing on different pianos or different events (under stress), it will pick up a lot of different mistakes during my performance.

That's why I think if there is a place around Melbourne that provide piano practice room rental for adult learners, even have occasional recital events so that everyone can get a chance to experience how they performing under stressful condition, I think this will improve the performances.

Also normally I go to Allans music to practice when I am going nowhere with a piece (accuracy) and perform not as the way that I wanted during my piano lesson.

Thanks raskdog, might try Cranbourne music....

Anyone in Melbourne who has similar situation let me know what you think.

#1570994 - 12/05/10 11:42 PM Re: Melbourne Area Australia - Piano Practice Room Rental [Re: saveyourwork]
kawaifans1025 Offline

I know Lushey is the piano sales consultant at Allans Music, but the piano I played in one of their practice room is a Yamaha U3. I am sure because I owned a Yamaha myself too and I did open up the top cover to confirm.

The acoustic of the room needs work. There was something buzzing when I played some notes - can't remember which ones though.

#1571101 - 12/06/10 06:35 AM Re: Melbourne Area Australia - Piano Practice Room Rental [Re: saveyourwork]
saveyourwork Offline

I might be wrong - a while ago when I used the right most practice room, there was a display label that says the piano is a Yamaha model and around $6500 (from memory). That's why I thought it is a Yamaha model.

However to be fair, I didn't check recently though unless the piano has changed.

Edited by saveyourwork (12/06/10 07:03 AM)

#1571103 - 12/06/10 06:42 AM Re: Melbourne Area Australia - Piano Practice Room Rental [Re: saveyourwork]
kawaifans1025 Offline

That could be right...... The last time I visited it was like 8 months ago.

Moderator:  Ken Knapp, Piano World, Rickster 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
143 registered (3rd Ear, ADWyatt, Almaviva, ando, 40 invisible), 1797 Guests and 41 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74270 Members
42 Forums
153630 Topics
2251703 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
CA95 noisy front rail
by lolatu
Today at 10:57 AM
It's not so simple as the 10,000 hour rule.
by Brad Hoehne
Today at 10:43 AM
Day brightener
by Chuck Behm
Today at 10:09 AM
Paris Atelier
by Beemer
Today at 09:20 AM
Lubricious Whippen Cushions
by Grotriman
Today at 09:12 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission