Hi Folks, I'm pleased to invite you to my next master class, happening this Friday night, 12/10, from 7:30 -9 PM at Miles Cafe, 212 E 52nd St., 3rd fl. in the heart of New York City. I'll be presenting a Walking Bassline Clinic, exploring the different possibilities in the use of a walking bass in solo jazz piano playing. This will be a SWINGIN evening:) No left-handed compliments please. Guaranteed educational, entertaining and fun, join us!

The bread is $20 including cover, one drink, and snax.

You can hear some examples of walking bassline improv at my recent concert at Five Towns College here on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYieRJxRDIc

Free online classes are also available for anytime viewing on the life and music of Bill Evans, the Marx Brothers, and Dave McKenna, and on Eric Dolphy, Bruce Hornsby, Frank Zappa, Charlie Parker, and Keith Jarrett on Ustream. My new solo CD, Portrait of New York, is available for complete download for $7 at www.jazzheads.com. What a deal, type in the word JAZZ at checkout for discount.

Thanks to all who made last month's Bill Evans class a smash, we had a ball. Please consider joining me at Iridium on Sunday, Jan 30th, from 5:30 -7 PM for a master class on the music of the great Erroll Garner and a solo concert.

Blessings and keep swingin!

Dave Frank