2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
63 members (accordeur, antune, anotherscott, AndyOnThePiano2, benkeys, brennbaer, APianistHasNoName, 11 invisible), 1,875 guests, and 348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#1571546 12/06/10 08:03 PM
R
RPD Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
R
I subscribed last week and over the weekend received the first few promos that fellow tech Chuck Behm has put together.

In looking over the promos (which I got for two reasons initially...1. because I'm always up for a learning experience, and 2. because I wanted to support Chuck's laudable efforts to enrich the piano technology community) I was taken by the fine quality of the photos and text...very nicely done.

I figured that although I know how to do the tasks covered, I would get a nice promotional piece to assist me with educating clients; maybe print out and take a booklet with me.
I have to admit that I wasn't entirely sure about how I'd use actually the promos, because it seemed that we were already selling these services and we're very busy already.

Today as I was tuning a Yamaha GC-Series grand that I've been servicing for years, the BIG light went on! OH HEY, this piano has needed hammer shaping and regulation for 7 years, and I've been way too busy to chase that job down with the church board. Not anymore! Now, in the next day or two I'm sending an e-mail over to the board for their review, which will include Chuck's personalized promo on hammer shaping to build tone. This is HUGE for me, because with my full schedule I simply don't have the time to develope that concept...Chuck did it for me.

It actually hadn't occured to me, until today, that these promos will be just as much help to established techs who keep a full schedule, because the Promo is uber professional looking and just cuts WAY past all the talk to get to the point that clients need to address.

I hadn't really considered that aspect when I subscribed, but as I now let my mind flow over all the pianos that need specific work, and these new PDF files that can be emailed, the marketing possibilities are dawning on me.

So much of survival in this economy is dependent on creative and educative marketing, and Chuck's work has just handed anybody who will listen a HUGE advantage.

I'd absolutely recommend this series (very reasonably priced) to all technecians who want to build more clientel, but also for busy technicians who want to simplify the selling of regulation and repair work.

RPD

MPT(Master Piano Technicians of America)
Member AMICA (Automated Musical Instruments Collector's Association)
(Subscriber PTG Journal)
Piano-Tuner-Rebuilder/Musician
www.actionpianoservice.com
DEALER Hailun Pianos
RPD #1571613 12/06/10 10:44 PM
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
That's exactly why I subscribed myself Rick. Great promotional tool and one less thing I have to think about.

Jerry Groot RPT
Piano Technicians Guild
Grand Rapids, Michigan
www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.
RPD #1571618 12/06/10 10:50 PM
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Chuck just emailed me some sample promos. He sure did a great job with them. It looks to me like a great way to sell your services.

Congrats Chuck, you're an innovator!

Ken

Ken

Hammond Organ Technician
Piano Torturer
RPD #1571630 12/06/10 11:27 PM
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member

Chuck sent some samples over here a couple of weekends back when I had a short seminar here. A couple of the new techs signed up for the packages I believe. I thought they were well done too. It is the unique ideas such as this that continue to stimulate the piano business in untold ways, not only for the technical community but for the clientele and just people in general.

C
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
C
Thanks, all. Chuck

Tuner/Technician/Rebuilder/Technical Writer
www.pianopromoproductions.com
515-212-9220

"The act of destruction is infinitely easier than the act of creation" - Arthur C. Clarke
RPD #1572957 12/08/10 10:00 PM
R
RPD Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
R
Chuck, we never actually discussed it (you may have somewhere else) but do you plan a specific number of promos, i.e. will this be ongoing for some time? I certainly HOPE so, because there are several topics I'd love to see covered to make getting jobs defined for clients easier.

I'm just curious if you have any idea of specifically which promos you're going to create? Count me in on all of them, but I'm just wondering...

RPD

(Subscriber PTG Journal)
DEALER Hailun Pianos
RPD #1572975 12/08/10 10:30 PM
C
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
C
Rick - I've got a long list of topics I plan to cover as opportunity arises. For many of the promos, I need the photos to do the write up, and will take my cameras out on the job whenever a repair is scheduled which I intend to write up.

For example, last weekend I was able to book a plastic elbow replacement job, so I now have all the photos I need and I'm working on the promo to send out on the 15th of December.

A photo shoot, by the way, at the minimum doubles the time it takes to do a job. I started the elbow job right after lunch, and didn't finish until after 7 in the evening. Usually I can do a set of elbows, including regulating lost motion, in 2 - 3 hours, taking my time.

I feel that the quality of the photos to a large extent determines the quality of the article, whether it be for the Journal, for Schaff, or for the technician in the format of these promos. (For this article I shot 261 pictures, and out of those will actually use about the half dozen very best - and I got some really good ones.)

Thanks for asking and for being so supportive, Rick (and others). I appreciate greatly the enthusiasm everyone has shown towards this project. Chuck

P.S. - For those of you who would like to learn more about taking good shop photos, I will be teaching a class on the topic at next summer's convention. Bring your own digital camera if you sign up, as it will be very much a hands-on experience.

Tuner/Technician/Rebuilder/Technical Writer
www.pianopromoproductions.com
515-212-9220

"The act of destruction is infinitely easier than the act of creation" - Arthur C. Clarke
R
RPD Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
R
That's great Chuck! I'll look forward to getting them all!

RPD

(Subscriber PTG Journal)
DEALER Hailun Pianos

Moderated by  Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,223
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission