Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#1572664 - 12/08/10 12:45 PM Zoom Q3HD
Pedies Offline

I just received my Zoom Q3HD yesterday. This is very exciting and I can't wait to post something with it (although now this means I have to perfect some of the pieces I've been working on so that they are good enough to show). So far, I really like it. I previously used a Zoom H4N which had great sound, but now I won't have to combine the sound from the Zoom H4N with video from another camera. The picture seems okay (not phenomenal) on the new Zoom but the sound seems great which is why I got it. Anybody else get this yet or planning on getting it?

p.s. I looked at many sites on the web and they didn't seem to have it yet but then I stumbled on ZZsounds and I just ordered it this week and it showed up about 2 days later...boy was I excited.

(ads P/S)
Sauter Pianos

piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#1572685 - 12/08/10 01:19 PM Re: Zoom Q3HD [Re: Pedies]
jazzyprof Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
How does the sound compare with the Zoom H4N? I have the old Zoom Q3 and the sound was not as good as that on the H4N.

#1572702 - 12/08/10 01:48 PM Re: Zoom Q3HD [Re: Pedies]
Pedies Offline

As far as I can tell, to me, it sounds like the quality for recording an acoustic piano is as good as my H4N. I have listened through very good quality headphones to the Q3HD and I was amazed at the quality of the recording. The video part wasn't as good as I expected it to be but I don't think that is as important when you are talking about recording piano music. The picture just seemed to lack detail and look a bit washed out (perhaps it was poor lighting..I'm not an expert at this but I do know when I hear a good recording of an acoustic piano which was my goal in getting this device).

#1572707 - 12/08/10 01:49 PM Re: Zoom Q3HD [Re: Pedies]
BillM Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maryland
Pedies - I'm planning on getting one - I was hoping to get it by Christmas. I put myself on a list with Sweetwater to be notified when they become available but haven't heard from them yet. I think I'll wait for you review before I order it from ZZsounds.

I'm currently using a Flip HD video camera and while I'm very happy with the quality of the video the audio seems a little lacking (unless, of course, it is my lousy playing).

Looking forward to reading your review and watching your video.
Piano Vocals of Old Guy Tunes

#1572754 - 12/08/10 02:55 PM Re: Zoom Q3HD [Re: Pedies]
Pedies Offline

Bill, I actually put myself on the list at Sweetwater (I order from them pretty frequently) too and I got frustrated because I had read that it was going to be available by the end of November so I started Google searching it and I randomly picked ZZsounds (I've never ordered anything from them before) and I couldn't believe it when the order went through. Then I figured they would just back order it but then it showed up at my door two days later. I couldn't believe it. I don't know if they have many of them. So far, I'm very pleased. I am working on posting some George Winston songs I've been working on for a while but I don't know how long it will take me to get them into a condition I feel comfortable posting them at so don't wait too long for me. Am I satisfied with it. Yes (after one night of playing around for a few hours...my acoustic never sounded so professional...and I'm no professional piano player).

Edited by Pedies (12/08/10 02:59 PM)

#1572773 - 12/08/10 03:37 PM Re: Zoom Q3HD [Re: Pedies]
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

Loc: Lexington, Kentucky
Ooh I'm jealous. I've got the q3hd on my Santa wish list but was discouraged by sites that were saying it wouldn't be in until Dec 24. I'm glad to hear that the sound quality is so good.

#1572783 - 12/08/10 03:51 PM Re: Zoom Q3HD [Re: Pedies]
Pedies Offline

Monica, you won't be dissapointed. I really like it. I can't wait to post a video using it with my acoustic piano but unfortunately a need for more practice (and my two small children, both under age two, who have all but eliminated my piano practice with play time) will delay that.

This was one of those presents to myself and I'm glad I got it.

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
102 registered (ado, AndreiN, Adam Coleman, ADWyatt, antony, 30 invisible), 1288 Guests and 34 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74223 Members
42 Forums
153538 Topics
2250050 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
2014 Bradshaw and Buono Piano Competition
by hsheck
15 minutes 4 seconds ago
What is the strangest thing you have found inside a piano?
by That Tooner
Yesterday at 11:18 PM
Kawai vs Ritmuller
by cromax
Yesterday at 11:08 PM
Considering going into debt for a Steinway grand
by joonsang
Yesterday at 10:38 PM
Best Glue for Damper Pads
by JMichaelWilson
Yesterday at 10:07 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission