Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#1578001 - 12/16/10 01:38 PM Re: Does a teacher have the right to criticize another teacher? [Re: Minniemay]
Morodiene Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Boynton Beach, FL
Originally Posted By: Minniemay
What about saying to teacher A, "Can we work on technique?"

This is the best solution for the student. I think he should mention that someone had commented on his technique and so he's interested in learning more while also working on musicality. If teacher A does not feel they are capable of this, they should be upfront about it and recommend someone. In which case, the student would be free to study with teacher B if they wish.
Petrof 9'2 Concert, Yamaha G3, Roland FP-7, Yamaha MOX6, Kawai MP11

(ad) My Music Staff
Check out the new way to manage your music studio
#1578063 - 12/16/10 02:58 PM Re: Does a teacher have the right to criticize another teacher? [Re: Argerich5405]
Piano*Dad Offline

Loc: Williamsburg, VA
Originally Posted By: Argerich5405

Well, the issue is that he'd have to do lessons every 2 weeks with each teacher...but isn't sure about how confusing that would be. Also he thinks that the first teacher might be hurt if he ever found out my friend had a second teacher. How can you keep that quiet for long?? What if my friend wants to take part in recitals and competitions...the first teacher might be ignored completely and only the tuner/tech piano teacher would be acknowledged. That is just wrong. I think eventually the teacher would know. In summary, the tuner/tech piano teacher knows the dilemna and says that he's ok doing lessons every 2 weeks...but my friend would be keeping his current teacher in the dark. Any recommendations?

I think this idea of working with both teachers while keeping the first one in the dark is terrible. Speaking bluntly, your friend seems in need of some ethical education or reeducation. You simply don't do this to people if you want to earn their respect. Little deceptions tell me a lot about character, and I'm not liking what little I'm seeing of this person you're describing. Sorry for sounding so harsh, but that is my first and honest impression.
Grotrian 192 #156455

https://www.youtube.com/user/dhfeld/videos

#1578084 - 12/16/10 03:36 PM Re: Does a teacher have the right to criticize another teacher? [Re: Morodiene]
david_a Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Morodiene
Originally Posted By: Piano*Dad
Morodiene,

How often do you walk up to students you do not know in order to criticize their playing? Yes, "criticize their playing" might not be the way you would put it. You might say, "offer your two cents," or something even milder and with a more positive spin.

Seriously, is this something you might do frequently? Or once in a blue moon if you observe something akin to a musical suicide in process?

Where do you draw the line between helpful suggestions and being an interfering busybody? Isn't this sometimes in the eye of the beholder? I think most people are reticent about walking up to a stranger to offer their own ideas about how to do things, and for good reason. Sometimes we can receive a very hostile reaction, even if we think we are well-intentioned.

And for every student who is "attached to their teacher" there may be others whose confidence is well and truly undermined. This is a point made by other teachers here.

Whenever you deliberately walk into another student teacher relationship you create a potential cascade of effects, many of which are hard to predict.

Most of the arguments I have heard here for active intervention are based on "trust me" judgments. "I'm a good person, and I only have the good of the other student at heart. Trust me to do the right thing, even if I cannot tell you any clear criteria for and against intervening." Unfortunately, things don't always work out well in these "trust me" cases.

I'm not an absolutist. I can envision circumstances in which intervention would seem the best course of action. But I wrap a lot of ifs, ands, and buts around that judgment. My first instinct tells me that it is rarely the best policy to circumvent the other teacher and approach the family (or student) directly.

I don't do this often, partially because there are a lot of very good piano teachers in this area that I trust do a good job. Singing, however, is another matter. This is where every and any technique is employed with disastrous results and without any knowledge of how the voice functions. People spend lots of money on lessons, many of them hoping to have a career in voice only to have their hopes dashed because they think they aren't talented enough, when in fact it is the teacher who cannot teach, and so they do not progress. Or worse, they develop vocal nodes due to poor instruction, often being taught the opposite of what must be done for healthy sound production.

Many of these teachers, I will grant, do this out of ignorance. They simply teach what their teacher taught, and their teacher had no clue either. However, I know for a fact that some of these teachers have been faced with the reality of their errors and walked away from learning a better way to teach because they were so entrenched in their old ways, regardless of the lack of results in their students. It is then that they become a charlatan. I am passionate about what I do, and when I know for a fact that a student is getting bad instruction (I have actually taken lessons from these teachers in mind), I can't just sit idly by and hide behind "professional courtesy". Those teachers do not deserve being treated professionally because they are taking money from students in exchange for ruining their voices.

Sorry for the rant, but this is where I'm coming from. Again, I don't encounter this much in piano in this community, but if I did, you can be sure I'd point it out should the opportunity present itself and the errors being made by the student warrant some unsolicited advice. So, I guess I have some "ifs" in there too. One has to take each case individually, and making blanket statements either way is not representative of what I do.
I know and have known a large number of singing teachers, and am not one myself. Just as with piano, your iron-clad belief that (a) you are right, (b) the other teacher is wrong, and (c) that you therefore need to do something about it, is exactly the problem to be rooted out. Honestly examine your motivations for stepping in, and you will not find "concern for the student" at the top of the list. If you do find it at the top, re-read the first word of the previous sentence.

Proxy fights between singing teachers through their students are embarrassing and sad to witness, because we all know who really loses in the end. NONE of the good singing teachers I know participate in that kind of nonsense.

Students of an incompetent teacher should find a better teacher, but it does not follow that they need a hero to rescue them.

#1578109 - 12/16/10 04:28 PM Re: Does a teacher have the right to criticize another teacher? [Re: Morodiene]
AZNpiano Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Orange County, CA

Edited by AZNpiano (12/16/10 04:50 PM)
Edit Reason: never mind!

#1578203 - 12/16/10 06:45 PM Re: Does a teacher have the right to criticize another teacher? [Re: Argerich5405]
RonaldSteinway Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Why did the students get upset when somebody tried to help by telling them that something was wrong. Why don't just listen, and try it out who knows it works. Note: Some people have good heart and want to help. Free does not mean bad advice.

I understand why teachers are not happy when others tell their students something was not done/played correctly. It is human nature. It is the ego of the teacher that got affected.

Open minded students will not feel offended, only those who have big ego will. Most teachers, however, will be offended to find out somebody giving advice to his or her students.

Most of the time, when a piano teacher tells other people students is presumed that this teacher is trying to snatch this student. Not always the case, but often enough that this is the case. That is why most of teachers are not happy. If Horowitz told one's students a lot of advices, most likely one will not get upset, because their ego is not being attacked. Everybody knows that Horowitz is better, and also Horowitz was not in the mission of snatching one's students. However, Rubinstein might not be happy if Horowitz told his students. Again, everything is because EGO.

Edited by RonaldSteinway (12/16/10 07:05 PM)

#1578212 - 12/16/10 06:57 PM Re: Does a teacher have the right to criticize another teacher? [Re: AZNpiano]
John v.d.Brook Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Loc: Olympia, Washington, USA
Originally Posted By: AZNpiano
Edit Reason: Never Mind

Actually, you made a good point!

#1578217 - 12/16/10 07:04 PM Re: Does a teacher have the right to criticize another teacher? [Re: RonaldSteinway]
John v.d.Brook Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: RonaldSteinway
Why did the students get upset when somebody tried to help by telling them that something was wrong. Why don't just listen, and try it out who knows it works. Note: Some people have good heart and want to help. Free does not mean bad advice.

I understand why teachers are not happy when others tell their students something was not done/played correctly. It is human nature. It is the ego of the teacher that got affected.

Open minded students will not feel offended, only those who have big ego will. Most teachers, however, will be offended to find out somebody giving advice to his or her students.
Ego has nothing to do with it. If you carefully read all the posts, you'll discover that teachers, parents, students and others are responding from the perspective of the student who was being offered unsolicited advice. A student has absolutely no way what soever to evaluate unsolicited advice. You surely do not know whether the piano tech/teacher in question was correct or not. And your assumption "that most teachers will be offended to find out somebody gave advice to his or her students" is patently false. That's why many of us send our students to adjudications, evaluations, and master classes - precisely to gain insights from other teachers.

#1578219 - 12/16/10 07:07 PM Re: Does a teacher have the right to criticize another teacher? [Re: John v.d.Brook]
RonaldSteinway Offline
1000 Post Club Member

You are only sending to a better pianist/teacher whom you emotionally accepted that you are less than them.

It is a piano teacher insecurity feeling that needs to be overcome.

#1578235 - 12/16/10 07:20 PM Re: Does a teacher have the right to criticize another teacher? [Re: RonaldSteinway]
AZNpiano Offline
5000 Post Club Member

It is a piano teacher insecurity feeling that needs to be overcome.

#1578236 - 12/16/10 07:20 PM Re: Does a teacher have the right to criticize another teacher? [Re: Argerich5405]
Piano*Dad Offline

It is the ego of the teacher that got affected.

Why do you presume it's the ego of the teacher who is being criticized that is the issue? Many of us posit that the issue may be the ego of the teacher doing the criticizing.

Have you at least read what many of us have said?

Grotrian 192 #156455

#1578243 - 12/16/10 07:25 PM Re: Does a teacher have the right to criticize another teacher? [Re: John v.d.Brook]
AZNpiano Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: John v.d.Brook

#1578246 - 12/16/10 07:28 PM Re: Does a teacher have the right to criticize another teacher? [Re: Argerich5405]
Chris H. Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: UK.
I haven't read the whole thread (it's late!) but here are my thoughts....

Whenever my students perform they are not perfect. If they were then they wouldn't need my help would they? Anyone observing their perfomance could have criticisms or opinions on how they might improve but that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with my teaching.

Today I had a rehearsal with a flautist for an exam on Saturday. She is playing a very rhythmic piece and has a couple of issues with timing. Now I could criticize her flute teacher but I happen to know that this particular student has trouble counting (I teach her piano!) and the flute teacher in question is excellent. I did my best to help but didn't for one moment question the way she was being taught.

I just don't think you can judge another teacher on the strength of one students performance.

#1578254 - 12/16/10 07:39 PM Re: Does a teacher have the right to criticize another teacher? [Re: Argerich5405]
Piano*Dad Offline

Nor should you.
Grotrian 192 #156455

#1578255 - 12/16/10 07:40 PM Re: Does a teacher have the right to criticize another teacher? [Re: AZNpiano]
Piano*Dad Offline

Oh, c'mon, what did you say!
Grotrian 192 #156455

#1578265 - 12/16/10 07:45 PM Re: Does a teacher have the right to criticize another teacher? [Re: Piano*Dad]
RonaldSteinway Offline
1000 Post Club Member

It is the ego of the teacher that got affected.

Why do you presume it's the ego of the teacher who is being criticized that is the issue? Many of us posit that the issue may be the ego of the teacher doing the criticizing.

Have you at least read what many of us have said?

Both sides, the teacher who critized wants to be known that he or she is good, and the receiving end teacher feels that somebody tried to undermining his or her ability. If Horowitz said the same thing to your son, your son's piano teachers, most likely, will not react the same way.

#1578276 - 12/16/10 07:57 PM Re: Does a teacher have the right to criticize another teacher? [Re: Argerich5405]
Piano*Dad Offline

So, everybody should feel they're a Horowitz and intervene willy-nilly? Nope.
Grotrian 192 #156455

#1578282 - 12/16/10 08:04 PM Re: Does a teacher have the right to criticize another teacher? [Re: RonaldSteinway]
AZNpiano Offline
5000 Post Club Member

If Horowitz said the same thing to your son, your son's piano teachers, most likely, will not react the same way.

What does this have to do with anything??? I don't follow your logic.

#1578297 - 12/16/10 08:17 PM Re: Does a teacher have the right to criticize another teacher? [Re: AZNpiano]
RonaldSteinway Offline
1000 Post Club Member

If Horowitz said the same thing to your son, your son's piano teachers, most likely, will not react the same way.

What does this have to do with anything??? I don't follow your logic.

what I mean, if you accept a critique from a generally accepted expert in that field, you will less likely to get upset. Yet if you hear somebody whom you do not respect (because this person is not known to be a good pianist), you will get upset.

If a world famous mathematician gives a critique about certain theory, people will listen. But if a high school math teacher does the same thing, most of college professors will say "How dare you say this!" Do you get what I was trying to convey?

college math professors have accepted that they are not as good as that world famous mathematician so that they do not have ego against this world famous mathematician. Yet, these college professors have tons of egos against a highschool math teacher. They think they are more knowledgable than a highschool math teacher.

#1578304 - 12/16/10 08:25 PM Re: Does a teacher have the right to criticize another teacher? [Re: Piano*Dad]
RonaldSteinway Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I just wonder what did you feel when that person critque your son? Were you upset?

#1578306 - 12/16/10 08:27 PM Re: Does a teacher have the right to criticize another teacher? [Re: RonaldSteinway]
John v.d.Brook Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Mr. RS, you obviously haven't read the thread in its entirety. The teacher of the student never said a word; the student was confused by unsolicited criticism of his playing and condemnation of his teacher. Most of us suggested, for one reason or another, that it's inappropriate to offer unsolicited commentary on someone's playing, and especially to make the unwarranted leap that the teacher is no good. You simply have no way of knowing what the teacher has covered, not covered, is planning to cover, and in what order.

Try putting yourself in that student's place: someone you don't know comes up to you, begins to criticize your playing and suggests that your current teacher knows nothing about playing/teaching. How would you feel? How would you evaluate the advice you were receiving? On what basis would you be able to form a judgment?

#1578308 - 12/16/10 08:29 PM Re: Does a teacher have the right to criticize another teacher? [Re: Piano*Dad]
eweiss Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Beautiful San Diego, CA

You're right when you said that the big ego belongs to the teacher giving unsolicited advice. It assumes that the advice giving teacher knows what's best for this particular student. Impossible to know.

#1578309 - 12/16/10 08:32 PM Re: Does a teacher have the right to criticize another teacher? [Re: Piano*Dad]
John v.d.Brook Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Actually, I'd rather be critiqued by horowitz's teachers!

#1578310 - 12/16/10 08:34 PM Re: Does a teacher have the right to criticize another teacher? [Re: John v.d.Brook]
RonaldSteinway Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Mr. RS, you obviously haven't read the thread in its entirety. The teacher of the student never said a word; the student was confused by unsolicited criticism of his playing and condemnation of his teacher. Most of us suggested, for one reason or another, that it's inappropriate to offer unsolicited commentary on someone's playing, and especially to make the unwarranted leap that the teacher is no good. You simply have no way of knowing what the teacher has covered, not covered, is planning to cover, and in what order.

Try putting yourself in that student's place: someone you don't know comes up to you, begins to criticize your playing and suggests that your current teacher knows nothing about playing/teaching. How would you feel? How would you evaluate the advice you were receiving? On what basis would you be able to form a judgment?

To be TOTALLY honest, I will be very fine. I will then ask what is wrong with my playing. Show me something....Listen to what this person say. Evaluate and confirm with my teacher, more over ask some more people whether the assessment of this person correct or not. I will be really grateful when people are willing to tell me. It is just my personality. Apparently, I have different personalty from that of most people in this forum...

#1578319 - 12/16/10 08:45 PM Re: Does a teacher have the right to criticize another teacher? [Re: RonaldSteinway]
John v.d.Brook Offline
7000 Post Club Member

And cows fly.

#1578350 - 12/16/10 09:33 PM Re: Does a teacher have the right to criticize another teacher? [Re: Argerich5405]
Piano*Dad Offline

Quote:
I just wonder what did you feel when that person critque your son? Were you upset?

I was polite to the teacher who thought her wisdom was important. Her comments actually were rather minor, and reflected an underpowered treble of the piano rather than anything my son was doing. But she seemed to think that we would benefit from hearing her thoughts. His teacher had a different view of the unwanted and untimely critique.

I could easily imagine many people, even reasonable people, who would have reacted far less tactfully. This is the risk one takes in making uninvited suggestions to other people. Every situation has its own characteristics and personalities. A person who interjects their views is not necessarily the enemy, but their assistance may not be received well.

What many of us are noting is that there is a virtue in minding your own business. It's not an absolute, to be sure. But people who are tempted to intervene in a student-teacher relationship should be quite cautious. They should be aware of how little real information they have.

I think what many of us are reacting to (and reacting to negatively) is the sense of entitlement and superiority that can often accompany these situations. Frankly, some people are just rude. The fact that they may think they are showering good advice on others does not excuse it.
Grotrian 192 #156455

#1578369 - 12/16/10 10:08 PM Re: Does a teacher have the right to criticize another teacher? [Re: Argerich5405]
wavelength Offline

Loc: Vermont, USA
I can't even believe this discussion is still going on. It's outrageously bad for the child to hear her teacher criticized.

If Horowitz- or better yet Horowitz' teacher- came up to me and criticized my teaching to my face in private, I would actually be thankful. But no matter who you are, it is not justifiable to undermine the student's relationship with their teacher.

#1578375 - 12/16/10 10:17 PM Re: Does a teacher have the right to criticize another teacher? [Re: Piano*Dad]
RonaldSteinway Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Quote:

I was polite to the teacher who thought her wisdom was important. Her comments actually were rather minor, and reflected an underpowered treble of the piano rather than anything my son was doing. But she seemed to think that we would benefit from hearing her thoughts. His teacher had a different view of the unwanted and untimely critique.

I could easily imagine many people, even reasonable people, who would have reacted far less tactfully. This is the risk one takes in making uninvited suggestions to other people. Every situation has its own characteristics and personalities. A person who interjects their views is not necessarily the enemy, but their assistance may not be received well.

What many of us are noting is that there is a virtue in minding your own business. It's not an absolute, to be sure. But people who are tempted to intervene in a student-teacher relationship should be quite cautious. They should be aware of how little real information they have.

I think what many of us are reacting to (and reacting to negatively) is the sense of entitlement and superiority that can often accompany these situations. Frankly, some people are just rude. The fact that they may think they are showering good advice on others does not excuse it.

I agree 100%. Giving advice to other people's student is basically looking for a trouble. The students are usually do not mind, but the teacher will, nearly for sure, mind. Even when the student asks, it is wise not to say something that increminating about the teacher.

I can understand people here who are piano teachers become defensive. I am as an adult piano student, I do not mind at all when people say something about my playing. I love to listen what people think of my playing. Who knows that person has good ideas.

Last Sunday, I had a piano lesson with my teacher, and I mentioned about the Paul Barton guy in Youtube (should check his videos). I think he is very good in teaching how to play Chopin Preludes, Etudes etc. My teacher got defensive right away. Yet my teacher is a real concert pianist graduated from Moscow Conservatory, Juilliard, and won many competitions. I can imagine a less secure piano teacher must go nut if his or her student said Mrs. X told me that I did not play this correctly.

#1578397 - 12/16/10 10:41 PM Re: Does a teacher have the right to criticize another teacher? [Re: Argerich5405]
Piano*Dad Offline

Quote:
The students are usually do not mind

How can you know this? Perhaps YOU, as an adult, welcome any and all critiques of your playing, but many persuasive situations have already been presented in this thread of how uninvited and unwarranted intervention can upset a student and shake the relationship they have built with their current teacher.

Quote:
I can understand people here who are piano teachers become defensive.

I do not presume that a teacher's negative reaction must mean defensiveness. Reacting negatively to rude behavior is not defensiveness. Sometimes righteous anger is a perfectly appropriate response to uninvited criticism, however constructive it might be in the mind of the critic.

Like KBK, I sense that you are beginning from the presumption that the person who thinks they see something that might help another person has some duty to press their wisdom onto others. Many of us strongly dissent from this view. Often the intervention-minded person has at best a partial picture. But harnessed to a big enough ego, that's more than enough to get some people going.
Grotrian 192 #156455

#1578415 - 12/16/10 11:25 PM Re: Does a teacher have the right to criticize another teacher? [Re: Piano*Dad]
RonaldSteinway Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Quote:
The students are usually do not mind

How can you know this? Perhaps YOU, as an adult, welcome any and all critiques of your playing, but many persuasive situations have already been presented in this thread of how uninvited and unwarranted intervention can upset a student and shake the relationship they have built with their current teacher.

Quote:
I can understand people here who are piano teachers become defensive.

I do not presume that a teacher's negative reaction must mean defensiveness. Reacting negatively to rude behavior is not defensiveness. Sometimes righteous anger is a perfectly appropriate response to uninvited criticism, however constructive it might be in the mind of the critic.

Like KBK, I sense that you are beginning from the presumption that the person who thinks they see something that might help another person has some duty to press their wisdom onto others. Many of us strongly dissent from this view. Often the intervention-minded person has at best a partial picture. But harnessed to a big enough ego, that's more than enough to get some people going.

Yeah..you are correct most people will react negatively to negative comments on their performance. I have different view on this kind of thing, it is totally my personality. I like to listen to any comments, I experiment the suggestions that people said about my playing. Whenever people criticize my playing, I always ask them how I can eradicate the problems, and improve the quality. I take this opportunity to learn something from this person. I guess I am very different then...that is why I do not get it why a student gets upset with this. But, I do understand why teachers get upset.

#1578509 - 12/17/10 03:05 AM Re: Does a teacher have the right to criticize another teacher? [Re: Piano*Dad]
keyboardklutz Offline

Loc: London, UK (though if it's Aug...
I think this idea of working with both teachers while keeping the first one in the dark is terrible. Speaking bluntly, your friend seems in need of some ethical education or reeducation. You simply don't do this to people if you want to earn their respect. Little deceptions tell me a lot about character, and I'm not liking what little I'm seeing of this person you're describing. Sorry for sounding so harsh, but that is my first and honest impression.
Harsh!? Tell your friend to go ahead with their plan. His progress is paramount (oh dear used that word again) - some teachers, you don't need their respect. Go with whatever smooths the waters.

And my little guy? I confirm Bach has no dynamics and watch as all his nail joints break in? Don't ask don't tell?

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Ken Knapp 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
172 registered (accordeur, AliAlkhiro, ajames, 36251, 54 invisible), 1794 Guests and 26 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76042 Members
42 Forums
157247 Topics
2309578 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New Kawai DP & RH3 action (CN35 & CN25)
by Northerner
Today at 04:50 PM
Kawai MP11 firmware v1.07
by DilEcosse
Today at 04:24 PM
all BBCode tags are broken
by beet31425
Today at 03:13 PM
Write melody contrapuntally
by kobethuy
Today at 03:03 PM
Yamaha N2 or CLP545
by Butteman
Today at 02:14 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission