Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 17 of 18 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 >
Topic Options
#1784117 - 11/06/11 10:55 AM Re: MOYD 2011 LIST [Re: casinitaly]
Jame334 Offline

Right, I'm back home again!

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#1784143 - 11/06/11 11:58 AM Re: MOYD 2011 LIST [Re: pg2]
casinitaly Online   content

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
Originally Posted By: pg2
played a little for company but no real practice yesterday

PG2, We don't differentiate between "playing" and "practicing" for MOYD - as long as you are at the piano doing one or the other, it counts.

..and welcome back James.

#1786622 - 11/10/11 06:28 PM Re: MOYD 2011 LIST [Re: casinitaly]
venice1 Offline

I'm new here and am a beginner. Please add me to the list.
Thanks.

#1786876 - 11/11/11 03:26 AM Re: MOYD 2011 LIST [Re: casinitaly]

Welcome Venice, - I'm sorry but it is too late to join MOYD 2011. I'll put you on the "I'll be here in 2012" list!

Cut off dates for MOYD is 30 Sept.
The new list will start the last week of December in preparation for the new year!

#1787017 - 11/11/11 11:10 AM Re: MOYD 2011 LIST [Re: casinitaly]
joyoussong Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Canada
I haven't checked in for a while - I've been so busy that many days, the choice was btw time on the net or practicing. But I've managed to practice every day for at least 20 minutes, most days 40 & occasionally an hour. Hope life slows down a bit soon.

#1787022 - 11/11/11 11:19 AM Re: MOYD 2011 LIST [Re: casinitaly]
joyoussong Offline
500 Post Club Member

I haven't checked in for a while - I've been so busy that many days, the choice was btw time on the net or practicing. But I've managed to practice every day for at least 20 minutes, most days 40 & occasionally an hour. Hope life slows down a bit soon.

#1787026 - 11/11/11 11:27 AM Re: MOYD 2011 LIST [Re: casinitaly]
pg2 Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Do we have to resign up for the 2012 list in Dec or are we just carried over?

Proud owner of a 1917 Chas. Brothers Grand Piano named "Goldy" She sings like a bird. I lucked out Big Time.

Korg SP 250

#1787030 - 11/11/11 11:32 AM Re: MOYD 2011 LIST [Re: casinitaly]
venice1 Offline

Hi Casini,
Thanks for the reply. And now for a couple of light-hearted questions:
1. Just Curious, but why is there a cut-off date to be included on the list? Is this not a continuous club?
2. Can we cash in the badges or awards received at a later date?
3. It seems that more members should be logging in stating that they haven't practiced. Have you ever taken a poll asking how many really post all of their non-playing days?

Grazie

#1787044 - 11/11/11 12:13 PM Re: MOYD 2011 LIST [Re: casinitaly]

Joyoussong - good for you!

Pg2 - no you are not automatically carried over, you have to re-register. There will be a new sign up thread started just after Christmas.

Venice: the cut off day is because you do MOYD for a year. For better for worse, it runs Jan-Dec. It isn't continuous, it is yearly.
I just took it over this year.
Of course it could be set up as start up as you like and play for a year, but that would mean a lot of maintenance and record keeping in a thread.
Plus having everyone in it for the same year gives us a sense of camaraderie and team spirit!

2. Cash in badges? Well, that's a charming idea, but no. The badge is a symbol of your honour and dedication and will have to be satisfaction in and of itself. (Besides, I'm not sure what you would cash them in for...and who would cash them for you?)

3. No one polls are taken. This works on the honour system. I do suspect that a lot of people don't play every day - and don't necessarily report it - but you will also notice that not that many people actually put the MOYD badge in their signatures. Honesty rules!

#1789314 - 11/15/11 06:43 AM Re: MOYD 2011 LIST [Re: casinitaly]
Gary001 Offline

Loc: UK
Just realised I never posted when I "fell off the wagon". In fact, I fell off that long ago, I forget why now wink My practice has actually been rather shocking this last two months, something I plan to rectify today smile

Did better than last year though, so there's hope that next year will be the one :P

#1789315 - 11/15/11 06:46 AM Re: MOYD 2011 LIST [Re: casinitaly]
WiseBuff Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Brighton Colorado
I'm off to New Orleans for the National Communication Association Convention--have two papers to present. Please mark me out for Nov 16-19. :-)

Love to learn

#1789319 - 11/15/11 07:08 AM Re: MOYD 2011 LIST [Re: casinitaly]

Ok Gary, we'll watch for your sign up for 2012!

Wisebuff, have a safe trip and enjoy the Convention!

#1790547 - 11/17/11 10:41 AM Re: MOYD 2011 LIST [Re: casinitaly]
mark233 Offline

Loc: Texas
I haven't logged on for a while, but I'm still on track! I have missed several days due to business travel whereas no piano access, but otherwise in good shape. I haven't provided all the travel dates throughout the year, though... too much detail. But basically it has been about twice a month that I have had to miss due to travel.

Thanks, again... as always this is great motivation to play or practice and has developed in an ongoing habit! The results are obvious, especially when I pull out older music that used to seem difficult to me!

-Mark

#1791538 - 11/18/11 07:08 PM Re: MOYD 2011 LIST [Re: casinitaly]
Little_Blue_Engine Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Ohio, US
I need to be excused for November 16th. I often do most or all of my practicing or playing after dinner during the week and right before my husband had finished cooking I found out my mom was in the hospital so I didn't end up even eating until after 10. I sat at the piano before bed but I didn't get any farther than the intro to "Martha My Dear" and decided I was just too tired. My mom (who is back home and feeling much better) said that since I talked about pianos while we were visiting that should count. Of course she also told me once that if I was worried about getting kicked out of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame if I touched something that I simply needed to see everything I wanted first and then get kicked out for touching something. Great motherly advice from someone who named their daughter after a Beatles song cool

#1791817 - 11/19/11 04:22 AM Re: MOYD 2011 LIST [Re: casinitaly]

Mark, I know what you mean. This is great encouragement, we have the support of a dedicated group. I pulled out my Christmas music a while ago and see a huge difference from last year. That was exciting and rewarding.

Little Blue, that was a rough day for you. I'm glad your Mom is home and feeling better.

#1798137 - 11/30/11 02:08 AM Re: MOYD 2011 LIST [Re: casinitaly]
FarmGirl Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 02 2013

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Hey, CAS, it turned out that there are so many recital type events at Riverton music at Salt Lake City in the evenings this week. So I need to be excused from practicing. I miss piano! I don't even have a lunch break. Well, I eat but I have to eat with other people. It's my responsibility to spend time with my team here. I think it's probably common headache - how to balance work and life. Well, it is what it is. I am listening to lots of recording instead. Especially Bach English Suite. Boy, many people play so differently. So far I like AndrĂ¡s Schiff's interpretation best. I would like to find Angela Hewitt version but had no luck. May be she did not record it. Anyway, it's been low key here...
Solo - Liszt Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2, Schubert Sonata D960 Andante sostenute (9/7/14), Bach f minor Fugue WTC Bk1, Rachmaninoff Elegie Op 3 #1, Chopin Trois Nouvelles Etudes #1

#1798164 - 11/30/11 03:48 AM Re: MOYD 2011 LIST [Re: FarmGirl]

Oh, I'm sorry you don't get to play this week FarmGirl, what a pity. It ias also a bit hard to be with other people all day. Sure, it is important, but there is no getting away from it --- it is tiring.

Glad you have some good listening music!

#1798252 - 11/30/11 09:57 AM Re: MOYD 2011 LIST [Re: casinitaly]
MaryBee Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Cleveland, OH
Almost forgot to report in! Travel over Thanksgiving weekend caused me to miss practicing Nov. 23-25. But we had a wonderful visit with my husband's family. smile

#1798257 - 11/30/11 10:13 AM Re: MOYD 2011 LIST [Re: MaryBee]

Originally Posted By: MaryBee
Almost forgot to report in! Travel over Thanksgiving weekend caused me to miss practicing Nov. 23-25. But we had a wonderful visit with my husband's family. smile

Glad you had a good time!

#1799312 - 12/02/11 07:59 AM Re: MOYD 2011 LIST [Re: casinitaly]
WiseBuff Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Brighton Colorado
Good morning (or whatever time is right for you)...
The New Orleans trip did not happen because my heart rate went out of control again and I was back in ICU. Now on multiple meds keeping it controlled while I wait for cardioversion on Monday...hope it works and puts me back in rhythm. Have felt great the last few days but do want a more permanent fix.

This coupled with the chaos of the other diagnosis has my piano playing erratic. I'm still getting some time in but not every day. DARN! I was MOYD for over 8 months. Playing a David Lanz Christmas piece. Looking forward to the Denver Piano Party.

Maybe next year will settle down.

On a good note my paper (presented by a colleague) was selected as the top paper of the Ethics division of the National Communication Association (a big deal if you're a communication scholar).

Blessings to each of you in this holiday season.

Love to learn

#1799405 - 12/02/11 11:02 AM Re: MOYD 2011 LIST [Re: WiseBuff]

Originally Posted By: WiseBuff
Good morning (or whatever time is right for you)...
The New Orleans trip did not happen because my heart rate went out of control again and I was back in ICU. Now on multiple meds keeping it controlled while I wait for cardioversion on Monday...hope it works and puts me back in rhythm. Have felt great the last few days but do want a more permanent fix.

This coupled with the chaos of the other diagnosis has my piano playing erratic. I'm still getting some time in but not every day. DARN! I was MOYD for over 8 months. Playing a David Lanz Christmas piece. Looking forward to the Denver Piano Party.

Maybe next year will settle down.

On a good note my paper (presented by a colleague) was selected as the top paper of the Ethics division of the National Communication Association (a big deal if you're a communication scholar).

Blessings to each of you in this holiday season.

I am so sorry to hear you've been having such a rough time.
Aside from how wearing it is to not feel well - there is a ton of stress involved with all you are dealing with - I pray that you get onto a new and better track very soon.

With regards to your missing days, it seems to me that these have to qualify as sick days, and therefore you are absolutely still MOYD in my books!

Blessings to you and your for this holiday season too.

#1799905 - 12/03/11 10:06 AM Re: MOYD 2011 LIST [Re: casinitaly]
joyoussong Offline
500 Post Club Member

Another month of stars on the calendar! I can't believe it's been almost a whole year. laugh I'll be gone from Dec 15-19. May get to practice before I leave on the Thursday & after I come back on Monday but pls excuse me for the 16th/17th. I have a score I need to recopy (because my teacher & I have modified chords & made so many other scribbles on the page that the original is really hard to follow!) I'll take it with me & try to spend some time on those days copying.

#1801324 - 12/06/11 11:16 AM Re: MOYD 2011 LIST [Re: casinitaly]
molehill Offline

Loc: Historic Lebanon, Ohio
Hi everyone! Hope all of your Thanksgivings were great and your Holiday Seasons will be wonderful, safe and healthy.

Missed a couple days while caring for my elderly parents Thanksgiving Thurday - Monday. Grateful I could take the time away but long hours cleaning and chauffeuring.

Thanksgiving day I did play part of Hugh Laurie's intro to "Saint James Infirmary" I've picked out by ear at my sister's on her Gulbranson baby grand (4'6") for dad. And I finally got my mom and dad to sit down to hear it and 3 other songs on his DVD before leaving late Monday evening.

Yesterday was my birthday and my gift to myself was playing for 2 hours. Wonderful!

1919 Weber Duo-Art upright, Roland RD-700GX,
1918 Chickering Ampico 5'8" grand

#1801406 - 12/06/11 01:33 PM Re: MOYD 2011 LIST [Re: casinitaly]
MaryBee Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Cleveland, OH
Happy Birthday to you, molehill!

#1801545 - 12/06/11 04:57 PM Re: MOYD 2011 LIST [Re: casinitaly]

Carol - sounds like a good use of your "away from the piano" time!! Have a good time while you are away.

Molehill - Happy birthday! What a great way to spend your day!

#1803153 - 12/09/11 10:03 AM Re: MOYD 2011 LIST [Re: casinitaly]
molehill Offline

Loc: Historic Lebanon, Ohio
Thank you both very much, Mary Bee and Casinitaly! Have been very depressed lately with family problems so it means even more than you know.

1919 Weber Duo-Art upright, Roland RD-700GX,
1918 Chickering Ampico 5'8" grand

#1803383 - 12/09/11 05:52 PM Re: MOYD 2011 LIST [Re: casinitaly]
BeccaBb Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Thunder Bay, On Canada
I joined the forum just for this thread! Can you put me on the list for next year please? smile I'm looking forward to the challenge!

Happy B-day molehill!

Becca

Floundering and Lost
Roland RD300NX

#1803626 - 12/10/11 04:43 AM Re: MOYD 2011 LIST [Re: casinitaly]

Welcome BeccaBb !

We'll be delighted to have you in MOYD for 2012.
Sign up in the new thread starts up just after Christmas - You'll be at the top of the list, won't you?

Cheers!

Molehill - I'm sorry you've been having such a rough time - I do hope things improve for you soon!

#1803683 - 12/10/11 09:51 AM Re: MOYD 2011 LIST [Re: casinitaly]
BeccaBb Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Thunder Bay, On Canada
Thanks casinitaly! I hope to be at the top of the list! Meantime, I'll be cheering you all on for the last few weeks. smile

Floundering and Lost
Roland RD300NX

#1803704 - 12/10/11 10:40 AM Re: MOYD 2011 LIST [Re: BeccaBb]

Originally Posted By: BeccaBb
Thanks casinitaly! I hope to be at the top of the list! Meantime, I'll be cheering you all on for the last few weeks. smile

Thanks Becca! We appreciate it! smile

Page 17 of 18 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
108 registered (ajames, Al LaPorte, A Guy, 36251, acortot, 33 invisible), 1034 Guests and 30 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75979 Members
42 Forums
157135 Topics
2307748 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
? 4 CA95/CS10 owners - soundboard vs external speakers
by markmarz
Today at 05:55 AM
Might play in hotel lounges/bars!!
by Pover
Today at 04:18 AM
a video of Alexander Siloti's daughter playing the piano
by Michael Sayers
Yesterday at 08:26 PM
Kimball spinet neoprene lifter nuts
by dschwoyer
Yesterday at 08:22 PM
Looking for a re-built Steinway or Steinwas
by ColinD
Yesterday at 07:29 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission