2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
71 members (20/20 Vision, booms, Cominut, 36251, Bruce Sato, Carey, AlkansBookcase, bcalvanese, 12 invisible), 2,019 guests, and 304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#1585146 12/27/10 05:58 PM
Hrochan Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi everyone!
I'm having a little problem with my DP - Casio PX - 130. I've purchased new headphones recently (Sennheiser HD 515 - quite cool ones for the price btw smile ) and I now practise mostly with them.
But I want to turn off the ''thing'' that makes the high notes sound more in the right headphone, and low notes in the left one. When playing through speakers, it makes a nice feeling of real piano. But with headphones on, my right ear just hurts... The high-pitched notes are like needles in my head.
Can this be turned off somehow? Now I have a choice to put my headphones on inversed once in a while, or have a pain in my right ear after 10 minutes...
Thanks very much

The Beginning: chilly morning of 10th April 2010
A
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
A
I don't think it can be eliminated. s
It recreates the fact that sitting to a real piano you ear the high from the right and the basses from the left.

Have you simply tried to decrease the volume of your piano?

A.

Originally Posted by Hrochan
Hi everyone!
I'm having a little problem with my DP - Casio PX - 130. I've purchased new headphones recently (Sennheiser HD 515 - quite cool ones for the price btw smile ) and I now practise mostly with them.
But I want to turn off the ''thing'' that makes the high notes sound more in the right headphone, and low notes in the left one. When playing through speakers, it makes a nice feeling of real piano. But with headphones on, my right ear just hurts... The high-pitched notes are like needles in my head.
Can this be turned off somehow? Now I have a choice to put my headphones on inversed once in a while, or have a pain in my right ear after 10 minutes...
Thanks very much

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
You could perhaps use some stereo-->mono audio hardware to combine the left and right channels, however I doubt the resulting sound would be terribly good.

Cheers,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
Hrochan Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for replies guys smile
I tried decreasing the volume, doesn't help unless it's too low. It's just the notes about c2 and higher... I used to play with some cheap headphones - the muddy sound was OK. Now it's nice, clear, and ... too sharp! Guess I just have to get used to it smile

The Beginning: chilly morning of 10th April 2010
M
M
Hrochan, I suspect your problem may not be the sensitivity of your ears but rather your choice of the Sennheiser headphones, high quality though they undoubtedly are. Choice of headphones is very subjective. Different phones work for different people, or even the same people at different times. So your phones' high end may be clashing with that of your ears.

I have two phonesets at present. My AKG 240s are often very satisfying -- mellow, subdued, with a distant perspective, great for listening to old Edwin Fischer records. My Grado SR-80s are the truest I've ever experienced, and are open-back (meaning people near you can actually hear them, making them inappropriate for an office but fine for a music room). Closed-back phones are too clinical and artificial for me. But that's just me.

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission