Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 17 of 17 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17
Topic Options
#1114636 - 06/15/07 07:46 PM Re: Croatian Rhapsody Learning Group
NancyM333 Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Roswell, Georgia
I have to introduce this piece with information about it for my recital Saturday night, and I found very little when I searched Google. I did find, though, that it's quite a popular piece with figure skaters (Irina Slutskaya, for one), and it appears to be classified as "Turbo-Folk." Huljic composes for both rock and classical-type performers, and he has pieces that seem even more popular than Croatian Rhapsody. In all that searching, though, I never could figure out what year it was written.

Nancy

Estonia 168, Yamaha UX3

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#1114637 - 06/30/07 07:32 PM Re: Croatian Rhapsody Learning Group
Libertine Offline

Hi, i'm new here. I found this site through a search on google for croatian rhapsody and this whole site looks like exactly what i need!

Anyway, if anyone can send me the kanemasu version through pm then i would be realy grateful.

Thanks. Can't wait to get started on this!

#1114638 - 06/30/07 09:59 PM Re: Croatian Rhapsody Learning Group
dannylux Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Connecticut
Welcome Libertine,

Check your PMs.

Mel

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get — only what you are expecting to give — which is everything. What you will receive in return varies. But it really has no connection with what you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." Katharine Hepburn

#1114639 - 07/01/07 07:56 AM Re: Croatian Rhapsody Learning Group
Libertine Offline

Really appreciate that mel! Thanks \:\)

#1114640 - 07/02/07 07:32 PM Re: Croatian Rhapsody Learning Group
Roger Ransom Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: SouthWest Michigan
I have been following this thread from the beginning and even though I have not posted anything (I really didn't need to) I have been working on this great piece since then. My biggest problem was some of the fingering but there were several solutions and I found one that works for me. While I would not say I have mastered it, I can play it well enough (most of the time) that I don't mind playing it for friends.

There is something very appealing about it that I never tire of and it's one of those pieces that just feel good under my hands (Ragtime makes may hands feel good too).

So, anyway, thanks for all the, unintended, help. I love it!!

#1114641 - 07/03/07 05:43 AM Re: Croatian Rhapsody Learning Group
dannylux Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Roger,

If you'd like to post your recording of CR, I'd love to hear it.

Mel

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get — only what you are expecting to give — which is everything. What you will receive in return varies. But it really has no connection with what you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." Katharine Hepburn

#1114642 - 07/03/07 09:18 PM Re: Croatian Rhapsody Learning Group
Roger Ransom Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: SouthWest Michigan
I'm working on that. the dreaded 'red dot' is beating me up :-)

#1114643 - 07/04/07 12:45 AM Re: Croatian Rhapsody Learning Group
dannylux Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I'm looking forward to your recording.

A year ago I started recording every one of my practice sessions.

After three days, fear of the red dot decreased markedly.

Within 2-3 weeks, the fear was gone.

No more anxiety and sweaty hands and slippery keys.

Mel

#1114644 - 07/04/07 04:09 PM Re: Croatian Rhapsody Learning Group
arimasen Offline

Hey everyone. I've been lurking through this thread for some time now. I also found the forum on Google while searching for "Croatian Rhapsody".

Would it be possible for someone to PM me the Maksim version of this song? I had no idea that he actually released some sheet music for it. It would be cool to compare the real one to the other transcriptions available.

Thanks!

#1114645 - 07/08/07 05:58 AM Re: Croatian Rhapsody Learning Group
jazzman147 Offline

Hi
I've just started looking at this piece and it sounds beautiful, I'm currently working on the Burrows version from the first thread. Is this vastly different from the kanemasu version which I've been listening to? Also is there any chance someone could send me the kanemasu sheet music so that I can compare the two?

Thanks
Paul

#1114646 - 12/24/07 11:30 PM Re: Croatian Rhapsody Learning Group
juxtrkov Offline

hey people, recently got back to playing the piano after a 6 year hiatus, looks like i'll be paying this place a visit very often from now on, haha.

Decided to pick up this song 3 weeks back (I'd say quite a bold move for a 3rd grader in piano hee)

So, I've got these 2 versions of CR scores, one Burrows' and the other Maksim's, but listening to recordings from dannylux and piano*dad, I want to mix in some parts from the kanemasu version, so as to make it 'one of my own', searched everywhere for the score but can't seem to find it.

If anyone has the kanemasu score it'll be great if you could send it to me please,I realise many people are after this score too haha. hopefully I'll be able to post my own version in a month time.

regards

#1114647 - 12/25/07 11:20 PM Re: Croatian Rhapsody Learning Group
NancyM333 Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I'm not sure which one it is that I play. Have you searched back on the early pages of this thread to see if your two match one of those that is partially posted? I have one I can send you, I'm just not sure if it's one you already have.

Nancy

Estonia 168, Yamaha UX3

#1114648 - 02/17/08 08:26 AM Re: Croatian Rhapsody Learning Group
Gabriel Qiu Offline

Loc: Singapore
Hello all I'm new to this forum. I'm close to finishing up the Burrow's version of Croatian Rhapsody(just need to work on the speed a tad more and abit of fingering method). I heard the K version of this song and I really love it! Is there anyone that can send me the K version of Croatian Rhapsody please? I can't stop playing this version over and over, it sounds really fun to play!

#1114649 - 02/17/08 10:07 PM Re: Croatian Rhapsody Learning Group
Weaverwoman7 Offline

Loc: Southern Oregon,USA
Where can I get the score for this? I tried downloading from the Maksim site, but no luck.
Thanks

Charles Walter 1520 Italian Provincial Satin Walnut

#1114650 - 02/17/08 11:30 PM Re: Croatian Rhapsody Learning Group
Weaverwoman7 Offline

Loc: Southern Oregon,USA
Never mind, I've got it after all. This is going to be fun!

Charles Walter 1520 Italian Provincial Satin Walnut

#1114651 - 02/18/08 01:51 AM Re: Croatian Rhapsody Learning Group
Gabriel Qiu Offline

Loc: Singapore
Thanks Dannylux, for the K version!

#1114652 - 10/12/08 06:05 PM Re: Croatian Rhapsody Learning Group
AJDionysus Offline

Hello everyone. As you can see, I am new to the forum. Although I joined specifically for this piece, I am sure I will benefit from many of the other great threads this forum has to offer.

I am excited to get started on this piece. Therefore, I would greatly appreciate it if someone could send me the Kanemasu version. I would also be interested in the Maksim version if anyone has it.

Please PM me and if you can't send it via PM I will give you my email.

Thanks in advance!

(EDIT) Thank You Danylux

#1114653 - 10/22/08 08:10 AM Re: Croatian Rhapsody Learning Group
NancyM333 Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Hi AjDionysus--

How did you hear of this piece? Since I heard about it on this forum, I'm curious how you would have come to want to play it.

I finished it about 18 months ago, and it's one I play every few days still. It's so much fun!

Nancy

Estonia 168, Yamaha UX3

#1114654 - 10/22/08 08:40 AM Re: Croatian Rhapsody Learning Group
Opus45 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: North Carolina
I was surprised to see this thread revived!

AJDionysus, I hope you have as much fun as I did learning to play this one. I call this one "finger fun".

Nancy, did you ever hear or download the sheet music to the Brazilian Samba (think the translated name is something like..."Don't Touch me"?)? Mel (dannylux) discovered that one & recorded a performance for us a while ago. If you enjoy playing the Croatian Rhapsody, you will probably also enjoy the Brazilian Samba. It is shorter, and easier to learn and a real technical treat for the fingers. I am sure you would enjoy playing that one often as well!

#1114655 - 10/23/08 11:09 PM Re: Croatian Rhapsody Learning Group
NancyM333 Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Thanks for the idea, Jeff. I'm truly amazed at how much I love playing Croatian Rhapsody. I'm not really a piano player, more of a piano practicer, but I always have time to sit down for a full rendition of Croatian Rhapsody. I will look up Brazilian Samba from Mel. I've been stuck on some uninspiring pieces lately--or maybe just in an uninspired mental state--so I'd like to pick things up with a Samba.

Nancy

Estonia 168, Yamaha UX3

#1585953 - 12/28/10 06:59 PM Re: Croatian Rhapsody Learning Group [Re: ShiroKuro]
mwrenchd Offline

This thread looks like it's been quiet for a long time, but I wandered in here from the "important topics" sticky post.

I finally came back to the piano about 2 weeks ago with the purchase of a Roland FP-7F. Having not played in over a decade, I forgot how much I love it.

Anyway, after listening to a couple recordings of Croatian Rhapsody, this sounds fun and looks like something that I can tackle. But sufficiently challenging speed-wise to keep me practicing for a while and get me back into a groove.

So I've downloaded the B version and played with it a few times this evening. I also just found a copy of the M version, which I have yet to try playing. However, no dice on the Kanemasu transcription.

I'm hoping there is a kind soul who could point me in the right direction or might have it handy and can share.

Thanks!

#1586247 - 12/29/10 06:34 AM Re: Croatian Rhapsody Learning Group [Re: ShiroKuro]
EmptySpace Offline

Loc: Ohio
I'm looking for the K transcription, too!

Please? smile

#2012207 - 01/10/13 11:26 AM Re: Croatian Rhapsody Learning Group [Re: ShiroKuro]
Stephanie5 Offline

Loc: Czech Republic
Hi everyone,
a long time since the last message here. I came across the Croatian Rhapsody only couple of months ago, when I started playing piano again after a break of several years. I found Maksim on YouTube, and I have two versions of the music score, one is "B" and the other is something special, there's a link http://upiece.co.kr/.
It could be close to the "K", but not exactly the same, as far as I compared some parts in this forum.
As the people before me, I would like to ask if someone can be so kind and send me the "K" version.
I already started with "B", playing very slowly and hardly, and I'm very curious the "K".
Thanks a lot!

Page 17 of 17 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
149 registered (ABC Vermonter, Acevle, ajames, anotherscott, Arizona Sage, 41 invisible), 1660 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75602 Members
42 Forums
156313 Topics
2295715 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Piano software without sheet music
by OneSixty
07/31/14 06:05 PM
Transcribing Music
by Tigero
07/31/14 05:31 PM
Yamaha P-105 or the Casio PRIVIA px-135?
by Acevle
07/31/14 05:30 PM
Another reason to love the MP11
by Markarian
07/31/14 03:57 PM
Digital Piano for a Musical
by well23
07/31/14 03:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission