2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
24 members (drumour, Foxtrot3, johnesp, Hakki, crab89, EVC2017, clothearednincompo, APianistHasNoName, 7 invisible), 1,221 guests, and 293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 62 of 75 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 74 75
That is a great idea for using an iPad. I may need to get one now. grin

I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Cyborg
That is a great idea for using an iPad. I may need to get one now. grin

That was the main reason I got mine (as my 40th present). I have all 4 Einaudi books + all my other sheet music, some single ones (mostly Film & TV), Alfred stuff, theory, scales, Circle of 5ths etc.. - LOVE it for this use alone.

I've also got all of the songs I'm interested in loaded on the iPod portion of the iPad so I can have them playing whilst I'm learning.

Aside to this I also have ForScore which I am using to house my current repertoire and this also has the ability to link/load up the song from the iPod section.

- Steve

"...I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING it!..."
[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net
Now if you could just hook up some sort of foot peddle to do the page turns (forward and back)...

Undone

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Undone
Now if you could just hook up some sort of foot peddle to do the page turns (forward and back)...
Undone

Air-Touch has a bluetooth unit that does just that :evil: smile
- Steve

[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net
Oh gee... I am so behind with Ipads! Doing pretty good so far, still working on one piece, "Moonlight' and few others too!

Have a good January all!

[Linked Image]
I finished "Shenandoah" on January 17th. I was assigned "Jazz Ostinato" at my lesson last week.

I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.
I've basically finished Toccata in Dm (though I'm still futzing with it) and am about to move on to my final book 3 piece Fur Elise.

Undone

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I've basically finished Toccata in Dm (though I'm still futzing with it) and am about to move on to my final book 3 piece Fur Elise.

Undone

Great stuff Undone thumb
I'm looking forward to picking back up where I left off (just over 1yr break) after initially starting and then parking #3..
- Steve

[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I'm probably years from Book 3 at the rate I learn, but I can't wait till I get to some of those pieces. I hope you will all post recordings.

mom3gram

[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by mom3gram
I'm probably years from Book 3 at the rate I learn, but I can't wait till I get to some of those pieces. I hope you will all post recordings.

ME too. Im halfway through book 2 and I'm so ready/anxious/eager to get to book 2 and other pieces that it is hard for me to focus on what I am working on now, which is kind of sad. The process takes so long. I wish it were instant

music to me is kind of like putting together pieces of a puzzle
i call it the paino because its where i put all my pain
M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M

Undone

Wow, congrats...I'm still working on stuff in the ambitious section.

Originally Posted by joeb84

ME too. Im halfway through book 2 and I'm so ready/anxious/eager to get to book 2 and other pieces that it is hard for me to focus on what I am working on now, which is kind of sad. The process takes so long. I wish it were instant

Book three seems to have a high attrition rate. A lot of people decide they’ve had enough of Alfred and move on to other things before completing it. There are a bunch of great pieces in it, but they are mostly in the “Ambitious Section” while the main section of the book has a lot of “not so memorable” pieces. These are also a number of pieces that take a long time to master.

Undone

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by joeb84

Book three seems to have a high attrition rate. A lot of people decide they’ve had enough of Alfred and move on to other things before completing it. There are a bunch of great pieces in it, but they are mostly in the “Ambitious Section” while the main section of the book has a lot of “not so memorable” pieces. These are also a number of pieces that take a long time to master.

Undone

This definitely bears repeating!

A lot of folks who study on their own drop out of this book pretty quickly due to the dud pieces or they move to the "Ambitious Section", complete them and move on. Those with teachers seems to be in the book to start with but then they are pulled away from it. Of course, there have been several folks on here complete the book but as Undone said, the attrition rate is high.

Last edited by Cyborg; 02/02/11 10:25 PM.

There have been times that I have wished for "instant process" especially going through Alfred 2 and 3 books. I am still in 3, working at my pace on "moonlight"> I am on the fifth page!! But I have been working on this piece since last Christmas along with other music.

Take the time to enjoy what you have learned to play and don't forget to go back on what you've learned ( that's one of my goals because I have forgotten some pieces).

And yes, I will definitely post this when I have this piece to my satifaction :-). Take care

[Linked Image]
I finished "Jazz Ostinato" this week. I should have another piece assigned to me out of Book 3 within a couple of more weeks.

F
F
Just saw my amazon.com order for book 3 shipped, looking forward to it myself.

Congratulations on being another step closer Cyborg. Jazz Ostinato, as I recall, was one I had to “force myself to learn”, but I must admit that almost all of the pieces that fit into this category I wind up getting some enjoyment from once I get them down.

Fate; Welcome to the book 3 thread. We look forward to hearing more from you once your book arrives and you get started in it.

Undone

[Linked Image]
Undone,

Ironically, it's been one of my favorite pieces so far out of book 3. I got it in two weeks (pretty good for me) and my teacher said she loved hearing me perform the piece with such confidence. So I was pretty pleased. Hopefully, I'll get the next piece out of book 3 assigned to me this week.

Fate,

Welcome aboard!!! I'm looking forward to seeing your progress through book 3.

Cyborg,

All the better then! There are a few “jazz oriented” pieces in book 3 an I may have one confused with another. But it really doesn’t matter, as I said above, even the ones I’m not crazy about at first I usually wind up liking by the time I’m done with them, and it’s always better when you like it right from the start. smile

Undone

[Linked Image]
I was assigned "Solider's Joy (Hornpipe)" this week. I've also wrapped up several other Alfred's series books recently.

Page 62 of 75 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 74 75

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,178
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission