Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#1596052 - 01/12/11 01:03 PM Is Fundamental Keys website still active?
dadof5 Offline

The last video to accompany the book was posted on April 2010 and the last news post seems to have been on August 2010. Does anybody know if this site is going to be actively maintained in the future (i.e. new videos)?

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#1596133 - 01/12/11 02:59 PM Re: Is Fundamental Keys website still active? [Re: dadof5]
ShiroKuro Online   content
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: not in Japan anymore
Did you try emailing Rachel Jimenez? (She's the author of the site and the book). Her email can be found in the "contact" page of the site. She posts here sometimes, her member name is Rachel J. You might consider sending her a PM through PW if you don't want to email her.

Good luck!

#1597462 - 01/14/11 03:32 PM Re: Is Fundamental Keys website still active? [Re: dadof5]
Spitfire Offline

Loc: OhiO
A long time ago, August I think, I posted up on the site, Rachel came back said she had just moved, and that she had recorded videos but they needed edited still. I got tired of waiting after awhile and started Alfred's All-In-One. Every once in awhile I check back just to see if there is activity but there hasen't been any.

Relaxed playing, o how sweet it feels without the burn

#1597749 - 01/15/11 12:02 AM Re: Is Fundamental Keys website still active? [Re: Spitfire]
AllShookUp Offline

Loc: Pike County, PA
I have her book and used to visit her site often until the activity stopped. I hope she's ok? It seems she put a lot of effort into her project. I wish her well. She is a spectacular pianist, judging by some her videos on her site.

Edited by AllShookUp (01/15/11 12:14 AM)

#1598148 - 01/15/11 05:22 PM Re: Is Fundamental Keys website still active? [Re: dadof5]
Rachel J Offline

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Greetings!

I truly apologize for the long lapse. Various things happened to prevent me from working on the videos for a while. Just today, though, I set up the camera and a new microphone I just acquired, so I am ready to go.

I really appreciate the interest in my materials and expect to have more videos up soon. I'm also working on a post for the forum to let everyone know that I am now getting back to work.

I also would like to get back to being active here on the forum since it's a nice place to get input from other teachers and also feel like I can be helpful to others.

Best wishes to anyone reading this thread!

#1603225 - 01/22/11 07:40 PM Re: Is Fundamental Keys website still active? [Re: dadof5]
Rachel J Offline

Back just to say that the first new video was posted today. Thanks again for the interest!

#1604211 - 01/23/11 10:42 PM Re: Is Fundamental Keys website still active? [Re: dadof5]
Paul_S Offline

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
Glad to hear you are back! I finally got one of the videos on a piece I was having trouble with. I certainly love your book its my favorite for learning from. I look forward to many more of your videos!

#1604452 - 01/24/11 09:39 AM Re: Is Fundamental Keys website still active? [Re: dadof5]
Rachel J Offline

Great, Paul S! Thank you!

#2255197 - 04/01/14 08:12 AM Re: Is Fundamental Keys website still active? [Re: dadof5]
steveknight Offline

Hi Rachel,
I'm in Gloucester UK, where could I get a copy of your book and is it downloadable anywhere please ?

#2255224 - 04/01/14 09:14 AM Re: Is Fundamental Keys website still active? [Re: steveknight]
scorpio Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Connecticut, USA
Originally Posted By: steveknight
where could I get a copy of your book and is it downloadable anywhere please ?
Have you not looked on the website? http://fundamentalkeys.com/book.html

#2255288 - 04/01/14 11:17 AM Re: Is Fundamental Keys website still active? [Re: scorpio]
EM Deeka Offline

From the Feb26 2014 Update, discussed in another thread:
Fundamental Keys Forum Post
Quote:

Hello all,

It's been a long time since I posted any new content here on Fundamental Keys. Life got very busy and complicated for a while, but everything is great. Busy, but great.

First, I want to thank everyone who has purchased Fundamental Keys and the online videos. The attention it has gotten have been very encouraging.

The news is that I am hard at work on a new expanded edition of Fundamental Keys, and I am very excited about it. There will be more original content in the early parts, and more repertoire in the later parts. Lots of little tweaks and adjustments as well. The primary idea of the method remains. It will continue to be a *classical* method with no songs with lyrics, no cartoons, and minimal graphics in general.

For those who have been waiting for more videos with the patience of Job, I regret to say that at this point I have decided not to release any new content to go with the first edition of Fundamental Keys.

When the second edition comes out, my plan is to simultaneously release a complete video series. Right now I am in the process of finding someone to produce the videos for me. It is clear that I can't do the whole project on my own and follow through. What is great is that the new series will be professionally produced and be released all at once so there will be no waiting for me to get around to producing, editing, and publishing individual videos.

If you have used Fundamental Keys with or without the videos, I'd love to hear your feedback if you have any ideas about what additional content would be most helpful to you!

Thanks to all!
RachelJ Site Owner Posts: 137Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:58 pm

#2255291 - 04/01/14 11:25 AM Re: Is Fundamental Keys website still active? [Re: dadof5]
Tiger22 Offline

That leaves me in a bit if a dilemma. I was going to purchase the book to supplement my Alfred's all-in-one book (of which I've only completed about 60 pages so far). How long until the new version is out? Should I just take the plunge with the current version of the book rather than wait an indeterminate time for a newer version?

#2255316 - 04/01/14 12:37 PM Re: Is Fundamental Keys website still active? [Re: Tiger22]
dmd Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: Tiger22
That leaves me in a bit if a dilemma. I was going to purchase the book to supplement my Alfred's all-in-one book (of which I've only completed about 60 pages so far). How long until the new version is out? Should I just take the plunge with the current version of the book rather than wait an indeterminate time for a newer version?

That is something I would ask her (the owner of the website). I think you can contact her from within her site somewhere.
You may have to go into the forum and ask a question.

Current: ES7, Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 audio device, SennHeiser HD555 Phones, Focal CMS 40 Powered Monitors, Ravenscroft275, Ivory II American Concert D, Pianoteq 5

#2255632 - 04/01/14 09:02 PM Re: Is Fundamental Keys website still active? [Re: Tiger22]
pwl Online   content

Loc: Bay Area CA
I recommend going ahead and purchasing the book. Everything in it is still valid. Whenever the replacement arrives it will be an expanded edition with "more original content in the early parts, and more repertoire in the later parts." I think you'll get real value from the current $24.99 purchase price - and I recommend the available videos, too.

I would love it if the expanded book were available tomorrow - but I recognize it will be an indeterminate amount of time before that happens. If I hadn't already purchased the original book, I'd make that purchase now. And even though I do have the original, I will be first in line for the expanded edition as soon as/whenever it becomes available. I think she's an extraordinary teacher.

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Advice? First digital piano for family--already own a GP
by SCD
10/20/14 07:58 PM
Help with my DGX-650 and Synthesia!
by Jtreimer
10/20/14 07:21 PM
Piano tuning career prospects 2014
by Morrisos
10/20/14 06:56 PM
Ack! My piano is diseased!
by TwoSnowflakes
10/20/14 06:34 PM
Painting Piano Keys
by imustlearn
10/20/14 06:00 PM
Who's Online
127 registered (angga888, anotherscott, 36251, anamnesis, accordeur, 39 invisible), 1476 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76599 Members
42 Forums
158391 Topics
2325857 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission