2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
63 members (accordeur, antune, anotherscott, AndyOnThePiano2, benkeys, brennbaer, APianistHasNoName, 11 invisible), 1,875 guests, and 348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
T
Anything new from Kawai?

K
K
And for the beginners, what about new Kawai in the CL line?

Thanks,
Kirikou.

C
C
Originally Posted by DC_1988
What do you guys think the price will be for the Roland RD300NX? It looks like it could be a great dp.
$1,699 at Sweetwater. Exactly the price I expected. Perhaps RMC will sell it for a couple hundred dollars less?

K
K
And that's all?
No more new DPs?

Kirikou.

D
DC_1988 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Yup, it looks like that's it. Well I am disappointed to say the least. Just one Roland digital piano that is still above my price range. In that case, I think I will be picking up the P155.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
DC_1988, what more were you expecting?

James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
D
DC_1988 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
James,
To tell you the truth, I was just expecting "more". Don't get me wrong, given that DPs are pretty much like computers, I figured they're always updating models given the constant advancements in the digital world. Honestly, given the range of manufacturers (Kawai, Korg, Casio, Yamaha, Roland), I figured I'd be hearing about more than 1 dp between the $500-1800 range. But, I guess all of those companies already have some sort of digital piano within that range so maybe the market just is what it is now, and there is no more room ( or point) to add mode models. However, I can't say I'm too knowledgable about this stuff. I guess I'm used to the guitarists version of NAMM where every manufacturer comes up with atleast 3-10 new models per year laugh.

Last edited by DC_1988; 01/16/11 11:52 PM.
Well, developing new keyboard action and sound technologies takes a fair bit of time.

Frankfurt Musik Messe isn't too far away though, so I'd expect to see a few more new models (FP-4F) from the major manufacturers.

Cheers,
James
x

D
D
Don't forget that a worldwide recession is beating the snot out of a lot of companies these days...and while some make their living playing/writing/recording/producing music, a lot of us are hobbyists, weekend warriors, etc.

These fancy schmancy doodads are often luxury items, big boy toys, etc. And these big ticket items take a back seat when jobs are at risk (or non-existant), mortgages need to be paid (or are in jeopardy of foreclosure), food needs to be put on the table, gas prices are rising, the kid needs braces, etc.

Not to diminish the products, market niches, or us who crave them. I'd like nothing better than to personally inject several thousands into the music economy towards a whole slew of a new home studio items. I've got a whole Excel spreadsheet of stuff I'm pining for...but the ripple effect is in full force, so don't expect a ton of brand new, gee-whiz products.

Sorry to be the turd in the punchbowl...

Last edited by dje31; 01/17/11 12:42 AM.

Yamaha CP33 | Roland XP-30
S
S
Thanks James, but that's a long wait IMO frown. Looks like I'm going to get Roland FP7F / Kawai CA63 for home and keep Casio Privia for occasional stage use.

Originally Posted by Kawai James
so I'd expect to see a few more new models (FP-4F) from the major manufacturers.

K
K
DC_1988, what more were you expecting?

James
x

Hi James.
In other recent post, when saying I was going for the CL35, you recommended me waiting for NAMM and added a wink.
So, I understood (misunderstood, I see) that something new in that line/range was coming at NAMM.

Kirikou.

Kirikou, my apologies for giving you the impression that a CL35 successor would be announced at NAMM. However, it should also be noted that the CL35 is not sold in North America.

Kind regards,
James
x

J
JFP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
J
Same here; expected more in the DP section. Especially from Korg and YAMAHA. KORG has the Kronos of course, but their DP's are ready for a big overhaul for quite some time now. Yamah has the N1 and....nothing. No serious SuperNatural Home-piano contender in their DP line of products. I expected some SCM based home models there. That Kawai has nothing new , I can understand considering their recent new line of products. An MP6-II with UPHI at the Messe would be nice though ;-) And a new ES6...(7)

Not impressed by this winter NAMM - no big surprises.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I agree the Korg SP250 is way overdue for replacement or even just an upgrade, increased polyphony and better samples at the very least!

[Linked Image]
Korg SP200, Pianoteq
Originally Posted by JFP
Yamah has the N1 and....nothing.

Why do you say that? What about new CLP 400 line?

GEM Promega 3 (sold) - Yamaha CLP 170 (sold) - Acuna88 (sold) - Kawai VPC1 + BK7m - Yamaha P125 + VSTi
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I was a little shocked to see that the new Nord Stage is around $4199. Though I have become a Nord convert (and am still a MEGA Roland fan), I find the Nord's a little pricey. Granted I understand completely why. I can only imaging though if the Nord Stage was at $3000 and the Nord Piano around $2000 how many would be flying out the doors. Nonetheless, given what they offer in sound, weight, and flexibility vs. their other professional competitors, perhaps they are worth the price.

Studiologic Numa X Piano GT with Native Instruments Noire
M
M
PianoZac, I also have become a Nord convert and will be selling my MP8II to buy a Nord Stage 2.

In my opinion none of the big companies stage DP's can compete with the Nord Stage 2.

Nord's are pricey but I think they offer a great service to their customers with all the free samples you can get from Nord.

The $4,000 price tag is MSRP correct?

So it should be selling in stores for about $3,700, hopefully.

I really love Nord's because of their great sound, free samples, and most of all, no digging through menus, it is very hands on.

Just my opinion of course.

Kawai MP8II, Logic Studio 9, Alicia's Keys, AKG 240.
K
K
Kirikou, my apologies for giving you the impression that a CL35 successor would be announced at NAMM. However, it should also be noted that the CL35 is not sold in North America.

Kind regards,
James
x

Ok James, don't worry.
I'll have to make a decision if I want to play the piano someday during this life, crazy

Kind regards,
Kirikou.

M
M
Originally Posted by Kirikou

Ok James, don't worry.
I'll have to make a decision if I want to play the piano someday during this life, crazy

Kind regards,
Kirikou.

Going to have to do the same thing myself!

I was hoping that Kawai were going to give me a few more options to consider but as far as I can see there was nothing new announced. Gotta say I'm a little confused: I haven't seen anything official announcing the CN43 or the CS3 (that KJ has already told us about). Is that normally how it goes? New products just kinda slip out quietly? Or is it just because they're not shipping yet?

And I've gotta choose a new mobile too :-(

Cheers,
Mike

Mike,

The CN43 and CS3 were both on display at NAMM. Currently only the CN43 has been added to the line-up on the Kawai America website, while the Kawai Europe website lists information about both models albeit just the German language pages for the time being. on both the English and German language pages.

Regarding shipping dates, some UK and Germany stores are already listing these new models on their websites, so it shouldn't be too long before they are more widely available.

Cheers,
James
x

EDIT: The CN43 and CS3 English pages are now online at the Kawai Europe website.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,223
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission