2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
63 members (Animisha, aphexdisklavier, benkeys, 1200s, akse0435, AlkansBookcase, Alex Hutor, AndyOnThePiano2, amc252, 13 invisible), 1,868 guests, and 261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 19 1 2 17 18 19
S
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
S
re: the black key issue, I tried a real grand briefly, and I thought it felt more difficult than the Casio, but easier than the MP9000. I think that key length issue we have recently discussed might be contributing to this - I am playing near the back of the key, softly and rapidly, and with my weak 4th finger. I am also holding other notes with the same hand, which makes it more difficult. I really noticed the inertia of the grand's keys after playing the Casio. There is no risk of me turning into a concert pianist if I were to play the Casio exclusively I don't think. smile

Greg.

T
T
My PX 130 arrived yesterday.

In a word, I am thrilled!

I don't have the budget (yet) for something bigger/better/fancier, so this was in itself a big step.

I love the action.

The sound thru the speakers is decent and thru headphones really quite nice. (My wife bought me the headphones 'as a hint')

Ross

J
J
What's to say? Knock yourself out. I've been enjoying my Casio AP-45 for three years, and it's still ticking.

Have a ball!

Baldwin M
Casio PX-330
Casio AP-45
M
M
Hi guys, newbie here, I want to get my first digital piano and budget wise, the px 130 can really do it for me. Problem is, I can get more features with the px330 for $200+ extra,now here is my concern:
1. How far I'll be limited with the USB MIDI on the px130?
2. Can I record a song and transfer it to my pc? and bring it back again?
3. Can I import songs from my pc and play it on the px130? (other than .midi files)

one last thing, px130 can only record 1 song, 2 tracks while px330 can store 5 songs and 16 tracks, will, I didn't get how this works but here's my opinion:
px130:
1 song ( combining maximum of two tracks -two layers played separately)
px330:
5 songs ( combining maximum of 16 tracks - 16 layers played separately, so storing five songs in total with each that can get up to 16 tracks)

Am I right?

G
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
G
As I understand it, there is a limit on the number of notes only. You have a total of 16 tracks to work with to put your songs together. I think I would just do basic stuff with the on board sequencer and transfer that to computer so you can add other better sounds, effects, etc.

C
C
Originally Posted by MartyOCS

You'll have no problem in connecting your DP to a computer but with only USB I think it's not easy connecting it to another keyboard (unless there is a USB to MIDI adapter, I don't know if this exists)

2. Can I record a song and transfer it to my pc? and bring it back again?

Yes. You can connect your DP to a computer trough USB in storage mode and it will behave as a disk drive so you can copy, paste files.

3. Can I import songs from my pc and play it on the px130? (other than .midi files)

I'm not sure about this.

one last thing, px130 can only record 1 song, 2 tracks while px330 can store 5 songs and 16 tracks, will, I didn't get how this works but here's my opinion:
px130:
1 song ( combining maximum of two tracks -two layers played separately)
px330:
5 songs ( combining maximum of 16 tracks - 16 layers played separately, so storing five songs in total with each that can get up to 16 tracks)

Am I right?

Yes smile

A
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by MartyOCS

If you're using a computer, not at all. However, if you want to connect the PX130 to another MIDI keyboard (or sound module) without getting a computer involved, you won't be able to do that (or, at least, not without an adapter that costs over $100). There is also a long term compatibility issue. Serial, parallel, SCSI, and other ports have come and gone, but standard MIDI has remained a standard for 30 years. Ten years from now, will computers still have USB? Who knows? But it's a pretty safe bet that there will still be some way to connect standard MIDI.

M
M
thanks guys on your quick response, I guess I'm going with PX330, extra $200 seems worth it for the features.. shall I be aware of something ahead?? power adapter is included,right?

S
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
S
[THREAD BUMP]

I may as well dump this here:

I decided to have a go on my old Kawai MP9000, after having played my PX-330 exclusively for a very long time. The MP9000 has an early form of Kawai's "premium" style of wooden action (hammers above the keys - not the folded underneath style). The main reason was to see how it went with a particular rapid repeat I was finding challenging on the PX-330, consisting of alternating thumbs on a black key. (possibly bad technique, but that's the way I want to play it). I tried very hard, but almost always, I failed to do the repeat on the Kawai. However, I then had a bit of a noodle round on the Kawai, and to my great surprise, the action did not feel much heavier than the Casio, and it was actually easy and comfortable to play. I really expected to have a lot of trouble, because I thought the Kawai had a much heavier action than the Casio.

I then went back to the Casio, and yes, I could still do this particular repeat much easier. (not 100% reliably though - needs more practise). Inspecting the MIDI, it's not the third sensor that is making it easier - I recorded the repeat for a few goes and none of them had any third-sensor repeats in the MIDI stream.

This is just a tidbit of feedback. I realise it's not fair to compare such an old/used keyboard with a much newer, and less used one.

Greg.

D
D
Here are the reviews for the updated versions of these digital pianos from the folks at digitalpianocompare:

- Casio PX-150: http://www.digitalpianocompare.co.uk/casio-px-150-digital-piano-review
- Casio PX-350: http://www.digitalpianocompare.co.uk/casio-px-350-digital-piano-review
- Casios PX-730, PX-735 and PX-750: http://www.digitalpianocompare.co.uk/casio-px-730-casio-px-735-casio-px-750-digital-piano-review/

S
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
S
My PX-330 is in for repairs (the action needs to be replaced in it's entirety - will take 4 weeks for the replacement action to arrive - fortunately it's still under warranty), so I've lugged my 13 year old 73lb Kawai MP9000 back up on the stand.

But, here's a tad more bit of evidence that the Casio action is assisting me in some way - I found another song for which the repeats were simply not happening on the Kawai, when I played in the same way as I played on the Casio. I don't know whether it's the third sensor on the Casio, or whether it's just the lighter action, but it feels like I need to lift my fingers further on the Kawai. Whatever is happening, it's definitely more effort on the Kawai. The repeats aren't super rapid - it's just a finger lifting effort issue, in my opinion. (it's the boom-di-di, boom-di-di bass line of Madona's "Hung Up" - I don't think I have the strength to stamina to play the entire song on either action, mind you - it's just too repetitive)

Greg.

Page 19 of 19 1 2 17 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,248
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission