Well I didn't read thru all the replies but I will say this (hopefully originally):

I think you have to separate the Video, from the Song!

I'm a little familiar with the song but don't know all the lyrics but I'm pretty sure the lyrics aren't that bad. You yourself said you only became horrified "AFTER" watching the video. Up until then you did not have too much of a problem.

Let me tell you- Any pop song these days, regardless of what the lyrics or point of the song is, if you watch the music video you are very likely to see young women prancing around in very little clothing. It's almost universal. Welcome to the last 20+ years of MTV, where have you been? Nice of you to join us.

Unless the lyrics themselves are very explicit I see no connection that teaching someone a nice catchy pop song is somehow encouraging the behavior seen in the music videos. In fact, the student themselves may never even have seen the music video either.

So don't hate the player (Song), hate the game (Music Video industry).

You know, I'm not a big fan of what Charlie Sheen does in his personal life either, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy watching the sitcom "Men". I think it's overreaching to draw all these connections and you certainly can't equate one with the other.