2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
62 members (Barly, bobrunyan, brennbaer, 1200s, 36251, benkeys, 20/20 Vision, anotherscott, bcalvanese, 8 invisible), 1,776 guests, and 307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
C

Silver Supporter until Dec 28 2012

Silver Supporter until Dec 28 2012
C
Hi JFP.
My MP6 came with music stand, power cord, user manual and a very solid pianotype foot pedal. The hum on my amps are louder than than on the MP6, and I cannot here either no matter how soft i play.
After some more playing I have discovered that I have a board with State of the Art keybed and touch. Acoustic piano players can disagree to their hearts content. They play a very different instrument, and comparisons with DPs is not very interesting to me as a keyboard player. I have played more than half a dozen keyboards, and several other instruments, so I might know what I am talking about. Kawai has definitely managed to make a very good DP at a very nice price.
cubop

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
JFP, may I suggest you contact the retailer / Kawai Europe to request they send a printed owner's manual.

Regarding the range of the EXP pedal, the MIDI Implementation chapter in the MP6 owner's manual lists values of 0-127, so the full range should be possible. Please check that the resistance knob on the side of the EV-5 expression pedal hasn't been reduced/increased.

Cheers,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
T
T
Cool to see that there's a decay knob on the MP6. Has any of you owners experimented with it? Does it sound natural when you tweak it to a long rate?
Thnx.

Roland RD800, EV ZXA-1.
P
puff Offline OP
OP Offline
P

No!

But the dlay knob does cool

J
JFP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
J
So...my MP6 will go back and I will order a brand new....MP6 ! Or should I upgrade to the MP10. Apart from the wooden keybed, I'm trying to figure out what differences there are in the sound and in the EFX section, especially the AP/EP sounds. Organs and the rest don't interest me - my laptop will take care of that when needed.

So far from the BDSD files it seems the MP10 has longer loop samples than the PHI CL33 (there's no MP6 review yet, but I assume it's the same ?). Furthermore, there is talk that the MP10 should have more velocity layers as a source for the UHPI processing (8 instead of 4 with PHI). Third addition is some key-off / damper off effects, that the MP6 doesn't have - but in my opinion the basic sampled sound (longer loops / more layers) will be more important than such additional small effect tones. Although it adds a little to the overall realism.

Is there anything else I'm missing that makes the AP section much better than on the MP6. I ask this , because as it seems the basic sample set is the same on both instruments - so will the small extra details improve the sound to the level of € 800 more in investment, or are the improvements there , but not in a night and day difference. In that case it would leave the RM3 + some better EP's and EFX's as main arguments - but I shouldn't buy it then expecting too much change in the AP section...and be disappointed.

Any comments welcome.

Thanks J

H
H
I'm in the same situation. The price of MP10 raised quite a lot, didn't it? At least I see a 223€ price increase at Thomann. There are XLR outs and double pedal as differences as well, and 10kg of course. Main concern is the amount of broken units as well as the possible spacing issues of wooden keys. It's unfortunate that there isn't better decriptions of the innards, other than "ultra".

Last edited by Hemppa; 02/04/11 08:54 AM.
J
JFP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
J
Ultra to me it seems , means the same basic sample set, but as mentioned with more velocity layers (8?), longer loop samples and some additional sound-tweaking like let-off / damper noises. As far as I can see, that's it. Meaning the basic sound should in fact be very similar and the differences are only in the details. Is that noticeable enough to 'upgrade' from the MP6 - if you leave out the other advantages like better hardware and some additional EFX sounds. That's my dilemma.

Not all MP10's are broken by the way - only a small percentage. Of course , you will hear more of broken units on internet fora than perfect units. That's only logical - it's how it usually works...

Still Kawai has some work to do in sorting out the problems that have occurred, like with the Curt88 batch. If they have found the problem and have a fix for it, I would suggest Kawai post that info the sooner the better ! In that way , potential MP10 buyers won't be hold back and can continue their purchase without further doubts...

Last edited by JFP; 02/04/11 09:43 AM.
E
E
I realise some time has passed since this thread started; I just joined the forum.The MP6 manual shows that the FOOT SW socket can accept either a single pedal(F-1) on a mono jack, or a double pedal(F-20) on a TRS jack. I have wired up a Y-cable with a TRS plug and two mono jack sockets, 1 wired to the tip and sleeve, the other wired to ring and sleeve. I have a footswitch on the ring connection which I use as soft pedal and Leslie speed changer. I have not bothered yet with the other socket. The switch needs to be press to BREAK.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,194
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission