2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
69 members (aphexdisklavier, akse0435, AlkansBookcase, Alex Hutor, AndyOnThePiano2, amc252, accordeur, antune, 11 invisible), 1,784 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 85 of 136 1 2 83 84 85 86 87 135 136
W
W
Hey guys , can u share your views on kawai k5 and yamaha u1 ? i need some comparison .

B
B
snoopycar,

Wait I Saturday go down test again, then ask, don't want to appear too "gean", coz I still want to budget somemore one if i want to buy. hehe

KPE good...tested, can travel at 80km/h still ok leh. I saw cars overtake me somemore. And best part is it does not jam. Though may seems silly to move so slow when is empty, but "is all for your own good!"

B
B
Whitelies,

Not as if I very expert, but can provide more info when you say you compare K5 with U1? Like new vs new or how old vs how old? So that others can give their views/comments. smile

In terms of height, K3 is equivalent to U1 (both 121cm). K5 125cm. Same height as Hailun 125. Haha, but of coz height is not the only consideration lah. :p

You saw something that you like somewhere? And deciding to choose between the 2 or just comparing specs? You tried the pianos already?

D
D
Hi Whitelies,

Whatever comments / advises received is of no doubt - good references and reassurance, but ultimately it is still you, your preference and your choice! smile
Both brands are on par. Why not test it yourself and see which one you prefered?

If you are buying new, why not try this to gauge the difference:

Go to Yamaha @ Plaza Sin play the U1, play enough to get yourself “brainwash” with the touch / tone. Then quickly over to Kawai @ Centrepoint and play the K5. (vice-versus)
It wont take long to tell the difference and possibly right after playing both you already know which you prefer.

Also chances are you may end up with Sales person doing quite a bit of “actions” to make the piano sound better and projecting. (eg. With piano top cover lid open w/o you realizing). Sometimes just think ahead, is it necessary with the lid open while playing? (how frequent does one open an upright piano lid at home? It not a grand piano though). Perhaps its ok (subjective to each preference) but for a fair comparsion, if you tested yamaha with lid close ensured you tested kawai with lid close too!

P/s: Ask politely for Sales person to be excused, you don’t want them to be talking endlessly, distracting you with their “actions” while playing!

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
did you all recieve yamaha music plaza flyers??

U1 offer $8600nett !!!!

Somehow, the kawai k5 sounds sweeter, nicer, mellow, romantic, blends nicely.

Can i say the U1 is different? well.. how to discribe? either you like it or not, something like that.

to simplfy, k5 more feminie, u1 more musculine.
(will i get flame for this statement??)

I would say, pls choose with your ears, which one is more smoothing to your ear in the long term.
Mechanically, both are quite equal. The 125cm ht, i'm not sure if it translate to deeper bass or larger soundboard over the U1 121cm

whitelies, which piano are you leaning towards, have you played thems both and compared already?
Yes, but can't make up mind, caught in between?
Is it for yourself or family?

Hailun dealer in Johor Bahru base in Ulu Tiram
Genio Silent system installer
Piano Tuner tech +65 90228720 Singapore & JB 012 7702587
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Bihua:
snoopycar,

Wait I Saturday go down test again, then ask, don't want to appear too "gean", coz I still want to budget somemore one if i want to buy. hehe

KPE good...tested, can travel at 80km/h still ok leh. I saw cars overtake me somemore. And best part is it does not jam. Though may seems silly to move so slow when is empty, but "is all for your own good!"
oh you mean "gian"? and "bargain" somemore??
can try lor, ladies are better with bargain. man aaa... boss say earn very little only we submit to their whitelies already ...

But unlike buy durian, i just show some hesitant face, 1 person cannot eat so much .. price automatic drop.

KPE got speed camera, maintain specification speed is wiser for the pocket smile

D
D
Sales started already? It’s the same mid year promotion price! At least pricing is consistent throughout the year. Btw the Plaza showroom is even more welcoming after renovation. You know sometimes you need to test play some scores before you buy … so Hee hee now an excuse to play one of the grand piano that was excluded from the glass door! wink

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Divinci

there's 1 grand outside the PS branch, but its a CVP hehe, last time.. how bout now?

which plaza ?? thomson or singapura ??

the thomson one i dare to play/test/fiddle the grand, but the singapura full glass needs strong nerves, machiam the whole world is watching you like that hehehe (lau ching kua ...)

D
D
oops.... Plaza to me is always Singapura. One thing I do like about Thomson outlet is that they simply don’t bother about you unless you ask for assistance. Which make me a bit pai sey thus I initiate to talk to Sales person after I’m done. The newly renovated Plaza Sing outlet has a grand piano on the floor (not in the glass door which one may feel like a chimpanzee in cage!) and you have to pick time to go lah. Anyway I think nobody really bothers how you play though and sometimes you met unexpected people who may give you a pointer or two on playing technique.

T
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
T
Originally posted by snoopycar:
did you all recieve yamaha music plaza flyers??

U1 offer $8600nett !!!!
Fuyoo, only 20k Ringgit only..
It's the price for our U1J here leh...

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
wah... german chocolate sia ..
my mejji choco so thin like more milk than cocoa hehe

Anyway i think it is factory requirement to have the flagship proudly displayed at the main showroom stage, but pls provide a paper bag with 2 holes right ?? smile piak, palm slapping head smile

D
D
Originally posted by tanjinjack:
[b] did you all recieve yamaha music plaza flyers??

U1 offer $8600nett !!!!
Fuyoo, only 20k Ringgit only..
It's the price for our U1J here leh... [/b]
Just wondering why is musical instrument so expensive in Malaysia? Early this year I saw a grand piano @ KL Yamaha and I’m very shocked at the price leh. Why why why so expensive? Even guitar is not cheap loh.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
why so ex ??

there is only 1 logical explaination.
ppl are RICH there !!! smile smile
petronas, palm oil, natural gas ...

B
B

oh you mean "gian"? and "bargain" somemore??

Ya, typo error. "bargain"

KPE got speed camera, maintain specification speed is wiser for the pocket
Ya, only 2, look out for the display board, you will figure out where after a while...but they might add more subsequently...

T
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
T
why so ex ??

there is only 1 logical explanation.
ppl are RICH there !!! smile smile
petronas, palm oil, natural gas ...
The used market is strong here and thus the new piano is struggling hard to survive. They can't compete for prices with the used pianos in anyway and hence they have to sell more expensively to maintain their profit. This is my guess though.

Bihua,

How is your comparison between used U3 and Hailun already. Just in case my experience can help you, I have tried a Wendl & Lung made by Hailun. I must say it is a very good upright. I am surprised with the bass and the tone is not bad either. The touch is good, but still, different from a grand. If the Hailun that you play is on par with the W&L that I try, then I will say go for the Hailun, don't care about used U3 already. Of course, I am biased with used Japanese pianos. They don't impress me.

W
W
Yes , i tried both pianos already . I am more toward kawai k5 , but i somehow feel that u1 is not bad also . Like very hard to decide on which one .With the promotion on yamaha u1 at 8.6k , it makes me even harder to decide on which to buy .I am buying the piano for myself, so i need you guys for suggestions and reviews .

W
W
Anybody know whether robert piano having promotions too ?

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
whitelies,

ai yo .. it like chill crab or pepper crab smile

you've played it and listened to it.

so is kawai sweeter, like sparkling bubbles
very nice tone??

and yamaha like, hey! wake up this is piano tone, stop dreaming and get back to practising?? like if you can make me sing, you can make any piano sing. gimme all you have !! If your legato in bad, i'll expose you, i can bring up all your articulation if you carry out your phrasing properly .... sounds like a serious piano for piano BMT?

Relax ...
don't know if robert have sale or not or when.
this weekend i'll go window shopping, if any good deal comes up i'll let you know or maybe PM you.

hang on if you're waiting for discount because the crisis is hitting shore already..

saw news yesterday, is it in german, mercedes, buy 1 get 1 free ?? Can it happen to piano ??

Haha Snoopycar,

I agree! The Yammies sound decays so quickly, you need better technique for legato (unless you cheat with the pedals). But that's the C series I'm so used to! It reveals every "evil" in your fingers/techniques!

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
So funny, i was spotted by princess just now at piano shop. sorry arr, didn't practice cannot play full song without 30mins notice arr hehehe smile

Page 85 of 136 1 2 83 84 85 86 87 135 136

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,248
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission