2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
68 members (Cominut, 36251, Bruce Sato, Carey, crab89, 20/20 Vision, AlkansBookcase, bcalvanese, 12 invisible), 2,045 guests, and 318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Piano World Founder - Piano Tuner - Pianist
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Sent to me by my niece...

This Common Carrier brought us a frozen load of Gilroy Foods today. This truck was awesome. You can decide whether or not it is. Here is some info I took down after talking with the owner operator.

Their names are John & Amy Holmgren. They live in Shafer Minn. They thought this would be a nice tribute to the people that lost their lives.

It has every name of each person that lost their life on 9-11. This concept was thought up by John and Amy, and totally paid for by them. John says he will be awhile paying the loan off that he had to take out to do it but, thought this was the least he could do. Applied Graphics in Fargo, ND did most of the work and Paul Kosenski did the Hand painting.

He said that he got to meet the Country Singer Darryl Worley, who Sang the song "Have You Forgotten" and has gotten pulled over 3 times by the police just to get their picture taken by this truck. (I would have pulled him over too!!)

He plans on attending the Mid America Truck show in Louisville, KY in March. I thought our employees may enjoy seeing the pics. It is called the Rolling 9-11 Memorial, it has all the names of the people that were killed on that day and the flights they were on plus some other graphics on the side of the Tractor

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

- Frank B.
Original Founder of Piano World
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Roland RD88, Yamaha P-80, Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880, Antique Pump Organ, 1850 concertina, 3 other digital pianos
-------------------------
My original piece on BandCamp: https://frankbaxtermrpianoworld.bandcamp.com/releases

Me banging out some tunes in the Estonia piano booth at the NAMM show...

It's Fun To Play the Piano ... PLEASE Pass It On!

6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
see above

- Frank B.
Original Founder of Piano World
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Roland RD88, Yamaha P-80, Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880, Antique Pump Organ, 1850 concertina, 3 other digital pianos
-------------------------
My original piece on BandCamp: https://frankbaxtermrpianoworld.bandcamp.com/releases

Me banging out some tunes in the Estonia piano booth at the NAMM show...

It's Fun To Play the Piano ... PLEASE Pass It On!

Awesome.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Well done.

I have my own weapon of mass destruction in the form of a "teenage" German Shepherd. Anything she spies and can get ahold of is fair game.
I'm Canadian and my spine tingled with horror on Tuesday, September 11; a feeling shared by thousands. However, I feel sad that The CIA killed innocent people only to justify the immoral invasion of Iraq. This is what is unbelievable.
JIM

decorum_plus@yahoo.com
Hiroshima was worse.

War never changes, whether it's the "allies" in the 40's, the coalition of the "willing", or a coalition of misguided extremists.

Innocent people died in all of the above, and that's the tragedy.

I find these pictures quite tacky, especially when those innocent peoples death are used to justify revenge jingoism.

Last edited by starbug; 03/16/11 06:38 PM.
Hiroshima was worse than what? There is ZERO comparison between Hiroshima and New York. Japan was at war with the US......the US was not at war with the group of cowards (and the cowardly country that they came from.)

Maybe if we had sent the emporer of Japan lollipops and ice-cream, they would have apologized for Pearl Harbor and discontinued their aggression. If only the Europeans had sucked up to Hitler just a little bit more, he would have not launched plans to kill millions of Jewish people.

Evil exists in the world. Deal with it.

Piano obsession started November 2010.
Ragtime Butcher
Kayserburg U123
[Linked Image]
B
B
Hello,
The pics are so horrible. Can not forget that day. My uncle shawn that by his own. How can anybody forget that.

A
A
I just think that we are really going to live by this memory forever and it probably shaped how the outlook is going to be since then.

Personally, I think that this is the step that brought people to think that things are serious with terrorism knowing that a lot of lives are in danger of it every passing day.

Though there are equally a lot of things that probably hinder others to take this on fully with some talks about how conspiracy helped transpire this.

P
P
It is just amazing how this one event changed "everything" across America. I will never forget waking up that morning and seeing this all unfolding on the news. What a sad day

J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
I remember watching the towers coming down like it was yesterday. Seeing is not always believing. I remember the north tower coming down, and when the floor gave way there was a pop-pop-pop of brilliant orange lights around the building that do not show up in the videos, and I remember the woman behind me screaming hysterically out of control.

I remember the stench of melted plastic, metal, and human flesh that drifted over the city at night as the winds drifted northward, and lying in my bed awake as it drifted over me. There was no way to avoid it.
And bolting up in the middle of the night when a jet flew overhead, thinking it might be another attack.

And I remember peddling on my bicycle (subways all shut down) to the designated sites to deliver flash lights, gloves, and all manner of equipment to assist in the clean up. And I remember GW Bush coming into town with his little bullhorn and grandstanding, and then the U.S. revving up to attack a nation that had nothing at all to do with 9/11.

I am proud to be a New Yorker for the way our community banded together so magnificently to clean up the
remains of the catastrophe.

I am less proud of the way the GW administration exploited that terrible tragedy with breath-taking cynicism to promote a pre-existing agenda of war with Iraq, a county that had nothing to do with 9/11, a war that brought staggering waste of national finances and American lives so that a group of cantankerous and poorly educated old men could get their kicks by playing arm-chair warriors at the expense of the nation when it was so badly wounded already.

But I believe the majority of the country now realized how badly it was exploited by this tragedy, but it is far too late. Let us not repeat that mistake, and remember that we can stay vigilant against mindless terrorism without losing our minds.

M
M
Well said Jonathan. Even in Australia there were tears shed and people in total shock. I was later told that my estranged cousin died in the twin towers that day. On another note, this tribute is pops up this time of year on my Facebook feed and many of you may have already seen it but I thought that I'd share it anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZIxFd5I280

[Linked Image]
Z
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Z
I am UK. I just wanted to say that I stand by THe USA in all matters regarding this outrageously dictatorial, violent and suppressive religion

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Amazing.

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission