2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
43 members (Andre Fadel, Animisha, alexcomoda, benkeys, 20/20 Vision, AlkansBookcase, brennbaer, 10 invisible), 1,188 guests, and 317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 21 1 2 3 4 20 21
I
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I
21. Riddler (Ed) - Dolphin Dance A very solid, musical, rhythmic arrangement. I'd not heard this piece an a long while. Fanastic, Ed - plain and simple, you got skills...

22. MartinJB / martin - Reflections Em Martin, that was beautiful. It is hard to imagine you've been playing one year. I look forward to hearing more from you.

23. hoffy - Minuet In G Major (BWV Anh. 114 - come on, you all know it!) You keep the tempo going and I love your accents.

24. LaValse - Prelude Op 11 No 4 So much going on this piece. Beautifully and sensitively expressed throughout. This one gets added to my to-learn list. Thank you for music.

25. Jazzwee - All the Things You Are Great upbeat tempo and hanging on to the melody through your strings of swinging eighth-notes. Great skill, Jazzwee.

26. wj3 / Walt - Take me home country roads Well done on the John Denver song. It brings back memories when I hear this. I like the tempo you chose and the tone of your antique upright.

27. BillM (formerly b528nf7) - Mr. President (have pity on the working man) Simply marvellous, Bill. You never cease to amaze with your ability to sing so well and expertly accompany yourself. This has to be one of your better ones. Loved it!

28. Strings & Wood - Op. 68, No. 16 (Erster Verlust) Quite a nice, musical, singing tone I hear from your piano. Schumann is one of my favorites. You bring out the tension and moods of this Schumann very beautifully.

29. serge88 - Your Song I've not listened Elton John in a long time. You play this rendition of yours so very well. I remember many times in the past singing along when hearing it, just like this time. Thank you!!

Glen

[Linked Image]
A Bit of YouTube
PTG Associate Member
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
First 10:

01. BenPiano - Waltz in G# Minor for Two Hands Op. 39 No. 3 Very nicely played Ben. Excellent recording as well. I certainly wanted more though.

02. wouter79 - the entertainer I must be honest in saying that I was looking for a reason to slam you for something. ANYTHING!, but I couldn't as you gave me nothing to work with in that respect. SO....., I think you did a very nice job with this piece. Playing, timing, even the recording itself was very good. Keep up the good work.

03. Peyton - Angel I liked it Peyton. I agree with you about the low end muddling but that is probably due to the amount of notes being played within a short span in the lower register. Up an octave could fix that but then it puts your higher sections really high. What to do?. Still, a very nice tune played and received with a nice feel and emotion, especially the ending.

04. dannylux / Mel - Morgen I have to be honest and say that even after just the first bar, I was hooked! Very nice and played very delicately. Your recrding was top notch too.

05. Sam Smith - Song Without Words Opus 19 #1 As always, a very nice performance Sam. I liked the flowing left hand throughout the piece as well as your dynamics. Well played.

06. cgyan (Iain) - Aria Absolutely beautiful piece. Dreamy even. Your performance was one of my favorite so far. I especially loved some of those "grand" chords used.

07. KeemaNan - A New Ground (Z. T682) Excellent finger work (trills) and lovely melody. Recrding quality was also top notch. Don't change a thing!

08. Mr Super Hunky - The great gig in the sky (cover) Hey Hunky, were you looking for an excuse to bang the bass keys?....I thought so! It would have been a nice recording if you didn't screw up the gain setting....again! Next time: 1.) adjust the gain setting to be more compatible with the tune being played. 2.) Play with much more emotion. 3.) Dammit stop banging the keys!, other than that, nice job, sounded great!!

09. Pianosaurus Rex / Yannick - Wiener Marsch So this is what even finger control, dynamics and perfect tempo sound like. I'm jealous. A very nice and controlled performance.

10. CarlosCC - I Due Fiumi Absolutely gorgeous. Wow. Just oozing with delicate emotion and beautiful dynamics. This was simply an outstanding performance.

I
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I
30. paquijote - Invention No. 7 in E minor - J.S. Bach So much going on in this invention. You kept the tempo going which is no easy task. You play very well.

31. Augustina - Somewhere Out There from an American Tail I like how you play this piece. Thank you for sharing your music.

32. Undone - Toccata in D minor (to do) The first person that comes to mind when hearing this is, E Power Biggs. You bring out some dynamics that are implied when you hear them played on the organ, but with the piano, they are much more clearly stated. I love this Toccata and you played it very well.

33. LisztAddict - Prelude in b minor I practice this piece semi-regulary and wonder if it will ever smooth out and get up to speed. I very much enjoy the subtle dynamics you bring forth. I love this piece of music - thank you.

34. Mohan Karthik - So far away A wonderful original composition, so professional sounding. You played it with such patience and feeling. The quiet and pensive ending really completes this piece.

35. ladypayne - Nearer My God to Thee Very excellent work. Your improvisation is very befitting in this piece.

36. MaryBee - Sheep May Safely Graze You played this Bach so eloquently. The quality of your ornamentations add a great deal to it. Your tempo is quite good as is your dynamics. The sound of your piano is outstanding and really does add to the music. Bravo!

37. FarmGirl - A Christmas Overture This is a fairly long piece of music and you expressed each section very well. Such a gift you gave with your performance - Christmas early this year. Outstanding!

38. Andy Platt - Mozart Sonata in C (K545) Movement 2 - Andante Most excellent control, Andy. The melody is so pure and simple, and no easy task to play it with the kind of finger control you show. Very enjoyable.

39. Sideshow/Edwin - Prelude - BWV935 Outstanding Bach. You bring out the voices quite nicely. This is a great interpretation, Edwin.

40. GlassLove (Christine) - Song of India (arranged) It is really hard to believe you've been playing a little over a year. You play so well. I really look forward to hearing more of your music.

41. jotur/Cathy Turner - Amazing Grace Very wholesome. I am a sucker for good harmonies and you bring them out very nicely with this arrangement.

42. PhilzPiano - Prelude in E minor Op. 28 No. 4 There are many options for playing this piece and I like the ones you chose. I've been playing this one for awhile now and still can't seem to get it where I want it to be. Good work.

43. Yamaha G-3 & P-80 / Mike WHite - Milonga del angel Loved how this melody morphs through the piece. A very interesting piece of music with some great changes. Most excellent choice of music, most excellently played - a wonderful picture the notes paint.

44. MegumiNoda - Intermezzo Op. 118 No. 2 Love Brahms music and I am so glad you played this. Op 117 is on my radar, but just a bit too advanced. You played beautifully.

45. Wisebuff - In Church Op 39 No 24 Very nicely done. I'd not heard this piece, so thank you for sharing it.

46. ShiroKuro - Sunburst The first time experienced this music is when it was played on a guitar. It is very compelling. Excellent choice. Superb rendition, superbly played.

47. spidaman - A moment lost Never heard of David Nevue before. You play beautifully - the hesitations and dynamics are excellent. A very peaceful melody, indeed.

48. Laura aka ten left thumbs - Moonlight Sonata, Op 27 no 2, 1st movement You did great on this piece, Laura! My own preference is a slower tempo and stronger dynamics. It is aptly named, Quasi una Fantasia, meaning it will result in a wide range of interpretations. You tell a good story with it. Glad to hear you playing again!

49. grotrianer - Sonata in c-minor op.10, no.1: 2nd mvt. - Adagio Molto This Beethoven Sonata Movement has so much going on, so many things to consider. I loved the dynamics you bring to your playing. I was going to play this for the Beethoven Birthday e-cital, but injured my hand, so I am glad to be able to hear you play this. Maybe next year...Thank you for playing this very sublime Sonata Movement - good work!

[Linked Image]
A Bit of YouTube
PTG Associate Member
T
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
T
1. Ben Piano and Brahms - what a lovely start to the recital! As you say, short and sweet.

2. Wouter and Entertainer - OK, I believe you can play this! You're not even afraid of the repeats. You have used your year well.

8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
Ok, I'm start with the folks just before and after me!

45. Wisebuff - In Church Op 39 No 24 This is a piece I'm not familiar with, but I really enjoyed it! Is this your first time to participate in the ABF recitals? Either way, great job!! I look forward to hearing more recordings from you in upcoming recitals!

47. spidaman - A moment lost Very nice! I am so jealous that you could do this by ear! I have not played this DN piece, but listening to your recording makes me want to add it to my DN repertoire. You did a very nice job with this, so I would definitely encourage you to try some of DN's more difficult pieces too!

11. Monica K. - The Meadow Monica, someone posted above that you play this piece like you wrote it, and that is a very apt description!! I like the part where it sort of slows down, it reminds me a little bit of Joe Hisaishi's music. You really do a very nice job with the entire piece!

So, who is Desplat and how did you discover his music?

Ok, my lunch break is about over. I am looking forward to more listening this evening!

Started piano June 1999.
Proud owner of a Yamaha C2

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
01. BenPiano - Waltz in G# Minor for Two Hands Op. 39 No. 3
Short but very enjoyable. The quality of your video is first rate as is your playing.

03. Peyton - Angel
Another impressive original song. You have a talent for composing as well as performing. I love the full and varied camera angles – it is great to watch an artist at work.

05. Sam Smith - Song Without Words Opus 19 #1
The only works by Mendelssohn that I have ever listened to are the ones that you have performed here in the ABF recitals. Thanks for broadening my musical experience. You play very well.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
Piano Vocals of Old Guy Tunes

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted by ShiroKuro
11. Monica K. - The Meadow Monica, someone posted above that you play this piece like you wrote it, and that is a very apt description!! I like the part where it sort of slows down, it reminds me a little bit of Joe Hisaishi's music. You really do a very nice job with the entire piece!

So, who is Desplat and how did you discover his music?

Thanks, Shiro! I found out about this piece right here on the forum; somebody posted a thread about Desplat's other work, and when YouTubing it, I discovered "The Meadow," at which point I realized the rest of the entire world already knew about it because it was featured in the "Twilight: New Moon" movie. laugh

...and I suppose I should confess that, er, I don't think the piece was supposed to slow down anywhere. Oopsie. whome

A
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
A
31. Augustina - Somewhere Out There from an American Tail That's a beautiful performance. I always enjoy listening to your playing ... and waiting for the page turns to show us you are doing it all properly wink

32. Undone - Toccata in D minor Yeah, this really needs a big ass organ but it was a great job on the piano too.

33. LisztAddict - Prelude in b minor This is a wonderful Bach prelude executed with great skill and feeling. For some of these preludes my teacher says it's really one very long phrase and I could sense that from your interpretation.

34. Mohan Karthik - So far away This is a beautiful composition and played so lovingly. I listened to it a couple of times!

35. ladypayne - Nearer My God to Thee That was a lovely performance ladypayne; I didn't hear the airplane but it was very uplifting.

36. MaryBee - Sheep May Safely Graze This piece can easily become a little trite but you did a great job of preventing that. Some very nice accents at just the right points.

37. FarmGirl - A Christmas Overture I already listened and commented in the piano bar but thanks once again!

38. Andy Platt - Mozart Sonata in C (K545) Movement 2 - Andante That's the best piece in the whole recital. Oh wait, crap, it's my own. Self-critique - I started off slower and wanted to keep that pace but it sped up. The dynamics on my digital are not good enough. Yeah, I know, blame the tools ... but really, it works better on an acoustic wink

39. Sideshow/Edwin - Prelude - BWV935 I make a point of reading the description after listening ... I have no idea why you hate your trills. The whole performance sounded great to me. It sounds like you can play at speed with ease and grace.

40. GlassLove (Christine) - Song of India (arranged) I didn't know the piece but it was a beautiful simple rendition, played very nicely.

• Debussy - Le Petit Nègre, L. 114
  • Haydn - Sonata in Gm, Hob. XVI/44

Kawai K3
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
06. cgyan (Iain) - Aria
Nice! You get a beautiful sound from your piano. I like the very cool retro black and white video.

07. KeemaNan - A New Ground (Z. T682)
This sounds like a difficult piece what with all the counterpointing and trilling going down but you pulled this off nicely. I like the way you kept up the tempo and didn’t get bogged down during the tricky passages.

08. Mr Super Hunky - The great gig in the sky (cover)
I don’t think I’ve heard much Pink Floyd done as a piano instrumental but it sounds like you had fun with it. Very creative.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
09. Pianosaurus Rex / Yannick - Wiener Marsch
You play very well for only 13 months. Camera or not you did a nice job with this.

10. CarlosCC - I Due Fiumi
Your recording sounds professional, both in the quality of your playing and the excellent audio reproduction. You get a great sound from your piano. I’m sure you have made Monica proud with your selection.

11. Monica K. - The Meadow
I did find your excellent video and enjoyed it a lot. You are one of my favorite YouTube Stars.

12. John Frank - Two Waltz Medley : Waltz in B Minor & Waltz in D Major It has been neat to witness the evolution of your playing over the last couple of years. Your playing is now quite confident and musical. Very impressive progress for a fellow self-directed learner. I like the bridge you wrote – fits perfectly.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
Originally Posted by mr_super-hunky
02. wouter79 - the entertainer I must be honest in saying that I was looking for a reason to slam you for something. ANYTHING!, but I couldn't as you gave me nothing to work with in that respect. SO....., I think you did a very nice job with this piece. Playing, timing, even the recording itself was very good. Keep up the good work.

Yeah, I listened a couple more times and I think I was just on edge to be critical (I have no idea what LH melodies I imagined existed)--I'm not sure how this piece could be improved. I'm sure there are things, but beyond my ken. Good job Dubya.

Only in men's imagination does every truth find an effective and undeniable existence. Imagination, not invention, is the supreme master of art as of life. -Józef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski

Thought I would do my comments by thematic groupings this time, starting off with the most important group, imo: The First-Time Recipients of the Order of the Red Dot, aka the individuals braving their first AB Forum recital.

09– Pianosaurus Rex: I’ve heard a lot about Czerny but never tried to play his stuff myself. I guess I thought it was all mindless exercises, but this march sounds like great fun to play! You keep it nicely bright and cheerful.

22– MartinJB: Ooh, this is such a pretty piece! Did you get it from a method book or something? It definitely appeals to my taste for new age music, and you do a great job of drawing out the melody line so delicately.

23 – hoffy: Anybody who tackles Bach for their first recital piece deserves an extra award. laugh You keep a perfect tempo and your articulation is crisp. Good job!

30 – paquijote: You get the “Bach for the first recital” award, too! I’m still in awe of people who can play Bach; there’s so much going on in both hands that it presents real hand independence challenges that you seem to have mastered.

37 – FarmGirl: Yes, that *is* a busy piece with lots of action going on. I loved the arrangement, though! And a good Christmas song will come in useful for decades to come. So please don’t say goodbye to it, say “Auf Wiedersehen.”

38 – Andy Platt: You bring the melody out nicely. This is a piece where Mozart is sounding a whole lot like Bach, with much busy-ness in both hands.

45 – Wisebuff: For some unknown reason, we don’t get much Tchaikovsky in the recitals. But after hearing this somber, pretty piece, I wish we heard more of his work. I really liked all those delicate floating chords about halfway through.

47 – Spidaman: Oh, I am so happy to see a David Nevue piece in the recital. smile And I think this is one of his prettiest melodies. I am super impressed that you (a) played this by ear, and (b) came up with your arrangement AND got this recording all in one day. wow

53 – custard apple: Impressive job on that Bill Evans piece! I’ve got a book of his (somewhat simplified) sheet music, and much of it is still too hard for me. This one sounds tough to play all those chords over the bass line.

59 – Starr Keys: Great job on playing by ear... I thought the ending was extremely effective, with all those dramatic chords leading up to the delicate closing melody line. thumb

All in all, outstanding debuts from all you recital newbies. Hope you found it to be a rewarding experience, and I look forward to hearing from you in the May recital. smile

A very pretty waltz, nicely played.

02. wouter79 - the entertainer
You managed to get that nice light feel to this piece makes such a big difference in the overall sound. Good job!

03. Peyton - Angel
A very fine tribute to a friend lost. I agree with you that it sounds "kind of muddy" starting off in the lower register, yet at the same time it gives such a nice contrast to the right hand when it comes in. I especially liked the ending.

04. dannylux / Mel - Morgen
Beautiful piece, played with very dramatically.

05. Sam Smith - Song Without Words Opus 19 #1
Sam, I think you did an excellent job at "bringing out one not of many". I recently worked on Moonlight Sonata and had one heck of a time dealing with this same thing. Sure feels good once it starts working for you though, doesn't it.

06. cgyan (Iain) - Aria
I think your phrasing is slightly off in twelfth measure. Just kidding. I can certainly see the advantages of working on an "interpretive piece" or one with no "definitive version". I like the sound of this piece very much and can't help but feel I've heard it before, but I'm not sure where.

07. KeemaNan - A New Ground (Z. T682)
I enjoyed your playing of this piece and learned a little about Purcell from the info you provided. I like the "mathematically precise" nature of it.

08. Mr Super Hunky - The great gig in the sky (cover)
What can I say? Being a huge Pink fan from way back I was overjoyed to see your selection, and for a piano rendition, I think you did as good a job at this as anyone could hope for. I am also glad that you didn't attempt to do the Clare Torry vocals. smile

09. Pianosaurus Rex / Yannick - Wiener Marsch
Fine job Rex, and I didn't mind the tempo you used one bit.

10. CarlosCC - I Due Fiumi
Come on, you've only been playing a little over one year? Fantastic job!

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
15. Todd Vance - Waltz, in C# Minor Op. 64 #2 I love this Chopin waltz. You've given it a dreamy feel, and have some very nice contrasts in there, too! I so admire your confidence in tackling the pieces you choose for these recitals. Completely enjoyable listen!

16. Joangolfing - Sonata E Major Op.14 No.1 Allegretto I always enjoy listening to Beethoven and this is definitely no exception! Fabulous control and patience. I think you played this flawlessly.

17. Inlanding - Glen - Medley of Three So smo-o-o-th! "Clifford" is such a great tune - it "sung"! Loved those final chords. All three pieces meshed so nicely. I really enjoyed the little bluesy middle. Great touch as always. The last piece is breathtakingly beautiful! I'm in awe.

18. Ken. - Monk Medley - Misterioso & Bye-ya I hadn't heard of "Mysterioso" - pretty cool! Loved "Bye-ya" - got my foot a tappin'. You left me wanting more, though. smile

19. Mateusz 'Mati' Papiernik - Odin Sphere no Theme Three days?!! Incredible! (Sounds as though you had a great incentive to learn this). Glorious playing. There's certainly some wonderful game music being composed - beautiful!

20. True Beginner - Winter Serenade Such a wonderful composition! Do you write out your compositions? I'm willing to bet that many of us would love to play them. You always title your pieces perfectly, too. This is definitely evocative of winter.

21. Riddler (Ed) - Dolphin Dance Very cool arrangement! Loved the ending. I'm again in awe-you are so very talented! Thanks.

22. MartinJB / martin - Reflections Em Congrats on your 1st recital! This is a lovely piece, extremely well played! I can see why it's one of your favorites. Great performance. thumb

Think less - play more

[Linked Image]
B
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
B
So I won't be accused of being a comment bogart (if anyone remembers that expression, you're under arrest!), here are a few in no particular order:

2. wouter - Great first bar. I didn't get bored, so I listened to the rest. Nice ragtime pace, smooth transitions. Overall great job, though it would have sounded better on a digital (jus' kiddin').

3. Peyton - Another very fine composition, but you're right. Tune your piano. Just be careful not to break any strings!

8. Mr. Super-Hunky - I know it's sacrilege for my generation, but I've never been a big Floyd fan. I thought your interpretation was very creative and well executed though. That BB is awesome. Good recording job too.

13. CasinItaly - The < 1 year pieces are always my favorites. (Ok, 13 months. Picky, picky.) Very nice interpretation, dramatic sounding. You're making great progress.

22. Martin - A very pleasant composition. Smoothly executed. Builds and resolves tension nicely. Amazing job for < 1 year.

23. Hoffy - Love the trills and the staccato. I still like to play this sometimes for reading practice, but not as fancily as your version. Great job.

25. Jazzwee - It always amazes me how professional you sound for someone only playing a couple years longer than me. The end surprised me though. I'm not sure if the recording was truncated or I'm just not hip enough to dig the jazz ending. Great job anyway, and good luck with the 10/1 project.

30. paquijote - Congrats on surviving a Bach Invention. I haven't tried this one yet but the long trill reminds me of #4. Great job. I hope you participate in the Invention Thread I started recently.

33. LisztAddict - Such precision and attention to detail. I'm in awe.

35. Marybee - Very nice rendition of a very pretty piece. Sounds good on your CW.

39 Sideshow - Very impressive. This is better than your K545. Great job.

41. Cathy - Like I said in the PM, very enjoyable rendition. I like the modulation. Seems like even when you go rubato near the end you keep the rhythm under control.

54. TTigg - Love the video mix. I lived in the Bay Area for many years so some of the location shots brought back memories. The Einaudi sounds wonderful on your Knabe. You've really come a long way. This is one of the most professional presentations in the whole recital.

That's all for now. I may do more later. Who knows?

H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
Originally Posted by bluekeys
25. Jazzwee - It always amazes me how professional you sound for someone only playing a couple years longer than me. The end surprised me though. I'm not sure if the recording was truncated or I'm just not hip enough to dig the jazz ending. Great job anyway, and good luck with the 10/1 project.

I really liked the ending. It surprised me, but it didn't disorient me. I guess that means I'm hip? Hey, check me out, I'm hip! smile

Only in men's imagination does every truth find an effective and undeniable existence. Imagination, not invention, is the supreme master of art as of life. -Józef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski

1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
23. hoffy - Minuet In G Major (BWV Anh. 114 - come on, you all know it!) What caught my ear first were your wonderful ornaments! You chose a perennial favorite for your 1st recital. Sensational debut! thumb

24. LaValse - Prelude Op 11 No 4 I love this prelude and you played it perfectly, I think. Scriabin is tricky, but you've got it nailed! Very impressive and enjoyable.

25. Jazzwee - All the Things You Are I certainly sounds like you achieved what you set out to do! You sound very relaxed and "into it". So pro! cool I really like what you did here. A rather abrupt end, though.

26. wj3 / Walt - Take me home country roads Love "Country Roads". I found myself singing along - nice tempo. Your recording was very good, too. Good job!

Think less - play more

[Linked Image]
I
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I
50. Bunneh - Barcarolle, No. 6 from Troisi�me Recueil de Chants, op. 65. Great sound coming from your digital piano. So very beautiful are the twists and turns of this music - you bring them out so well. Thank you for sharing Alkan.

51. Hawgdriver (Leon) - Prelude in D-flat major, Op. 28 #15, 'raindrop' Is it any wonder why so many people consider Chopin first, at the expense of so many others? Your open letter to Chopin was classic! The dynamics you bring to the piece are very appropriate and you are really connecting with the music - it is a joy to hear! Such power and control. Bravo!!

52. bluekeys - Invention #13 Great sustaining tempo and bringing the various voices to the front. You make a difficult piece sound easy.

53. custard apple - A Time for Love Bill Evans would be proud to hear you play his music the way you did. Simply Bill all the way. Beautifully done.

54. TTigg / Steve C - I Giorni Well executed. Very calming music.

55. Copper - Lullaby One of the most popular, if not the most popular lullaby of all time. Nicely played.

56. ddh - Daniel - Les lulus (The pigtails) Thank you for the introduction to a Québec composer/performer. The piece captured my attention the entire time. It tells a very good story through your playing.

57. mcasl - Hob XVI:6, Sonata in G major, 1st mov. Yours is the only Haydn in this e-cital. You play it very well - glad you shared it this time. It is a beautiful sonata and it will be even better when you are more comfortable with it.

58. edtek - Winter Twilight This is great you have added his music as the second David Nevue this e-cital. You play with a great deal of conviction. It is clear you are listening to the music as you play.

59. Starr Keys - Kiss from a Rose Singing along with you as you play...A wonderful arrangement. You've put some time into this to get it to this point and you play it with conviction and purpose. Thank you for sharing your music!

To Monica and Mahlzeit and the other folks who help to put this international e-cital together - Thank you for taking care of all the details and setting it up. Everyone's music shines through and provides an inspirational stage.

Glen

[Linked Image]
A Bit of YouTube
PTG Associate Member

Gold member until Dec. 2012
1000 Post Club Member

Gold member until Dec. 2012
1000 Post Club Member
My responses may be a bit slow in coming. I am buried in honey do's. laugh

Nice recital kick-off Ben. Two hands working well together to make for a very pleasant sounding waltz.

02. wouter79 - the entertainer

Wouter, this music suits you well. Light and yet all the dynamics are where they should be. This was your Grotrian?

03. Peyton - Angel
Sorry to hear of your friends passing. I lost one recently as well. It certainly places you in a different perspective as well as frame of mind. I like your composition. I thought the transition from the lower beginning to the higher melody work wonderfully. Perhaps, from a difficult & not so coherent place to more refined and delicately defined place. The ending was very reflective as it should be. Thanks for the post.

A
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
A
41. jotur/Cathy Turner - Amazing Grace I really like that arrangement and how you bring out the melody so nicely. Those bass rumbles are really good too. And the ending was something else - great!

42. PhilzPiano - Prelude in E minor Op. 28 No. 4 I love this prelude. Another of Chopin's that looks so easy but takes a lot to bring it off. I enjoyed your performance a lot - very subtle melodic lines. I would suggest a touch more pedal. The Alfred edition I have has good suggestions for pedalling in this piece.

43. Yamaha G-3 & P-80 / Mike WHite - Milonga del angel This is a fantastic piece - loved it! I really enjoyed your playing, that melody was so clear through the accompaniment.

44. MegumiNoda - Intermezzo Op. 118 No. 2 I didn't think it was a "confused mess of multiple themes mushed together". It was very nicely kept together in a coherent way. Hopefully the piano in the classroom can get tuned soon!

45. Wisebuff - In Church Op 39 No 24 That's a new Tchaikovsky piece for me but one I enjoyed very much. Great phrasing.

46. ShiroKuro - Sunburst I found myself staring into space listening to this (hopefully nobody saw). That was wonderful - very technical but well executed.

47. spidaman - A moment lost A very dreamy, beautiful piece - I enjoyed your tempo adjustments bringing the themes to a close and nice dynamics too!

48. Laura aka ten left thumbs - Moonlight Sonata, Op 27 no 2, 1st movement How can anyone not love this? Well, if it's not done well I guess ... I enjoyed your performance. I would try to bring out the melody a little more but it was very nicely done!

49. grotrianer - Sonata in c-minor op.10, no.1: 2nd mvt. - Adagio Molto No sympathy involved ... I loved it! This is one of my favorites too. I really enjoyed your choice of dynamics and tempo throughout.

50. Bunneh - Barcarolle, No. 6 from Troisième Recueil de Chants, op. 65. Very nicely played ... wish it had been on the Estonia though! I didn't know this piece before so thanks for introducing me to it!

• Debussy - Le Petit Nègre, L. 114
  • Haydn - Sonata in Gm, Hob. XVI/44

Kawai K3
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Page 2 of 21 1 2 3 4 20 21

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,173
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission