2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
27 members (clothearednincompo, crab89, JohnCW, Georg Z., David B, Fried Chicken, AlkansBookcase, 7 invisible), 1,169 guests, and 295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 20 21
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Going backwards this time!

59. Starr Keys - Kiss from a Rose - Hey, this is a great tune, and remarkable that you could play this by ear. The two handed arpeggios are equally impressive. Well done!

58. edtek - Winter Twilight - That was terrific! Especially appropriate for this time of year, and that old Baldwin gave it a nice texture too.

57. mcasl - Hob XVI:6, Sonata in G major, 1st mov. - I'm not familiar with this one, but it's a beautiful piece and you're off to a great start with it.

56. ddh - Daniel - Les lulus (The pigtails) - Wow, what a beautiful piece - well played! Your piano sounds great as well - a really top notch recording!

55. Copper - Lullaby - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Way to keep your streak going! smile

54. TTigg / Steve C - I Giorni - Great job with this piece! I started on this a while ago and hope to record it this weekend, but I can't seem to get through the whole thing without a major meltdown somewhere. You did a terrific job of keeping it together throughout, and I like the video presentation as well with it. I'm jealous that you can reach those monster left hand chords toward the end - I have to improvise and it just doesn't sound the same. Again, great video!

Learning to play since June 2009.
My piano diary on You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/afpaSTU1096
[Linked Image] <- 10+ ABF recitals
T
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
T
Many thanks for those who have commented on my contribution.

My cat was put down today, so I am staying well clear of anything that was written in memory of passed friends, or indeed has any emotional content. We'd had him for 18 years.

C
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
C
Originally Posted by Monica K.

53 – custard apple: Impressive job on that Bill Evans piece! I’ve got a book of his (somewhat simplified) sheet music, and much of it is still too hard for me. This one sounds tough to play all those chords over the bass line.

All in all, outstanding debuts from all you recital newbies. Hope you found it to be a rewarding experience, and I look forward to hearing from you in the May recital. smile

Hi Monica
Thanks for getting to #53 and for your kind comments.
Yes it was difficult especially because Bill's chords are usually quite "out". It took me 15 min a day for almost 3 months.

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
*First of all, TLT, so sorry to read about your pet. Those days are so difficult. (I've had many just like it). I completely empathize.*

27. BillM (formerly b528nf7) - Mr. President (have pity on the working man) Your playing and voice are so very well suited for this Randy Newman tune! Boy, I really liked this, and your accompaniment is fabulous!

28. Strings & Wood - Op. 68, No. 16 (Erster Verlust) Such a sublime performance! Your piano sounds wonderful, too. To me it sounds perfect no matter how many takes it took - nothing lost with your multiple tries. (Oh yeah, an outtake recital extra would be fun - I have tons of 'em blush)

29. serge88 - Your Song This is one of those songs which I can remember exactly where I was when it was first played on the radio (dates me, heh?). Excellent performance - very cleanly played with just the right feeling. It's very evident that you did make it your own. I loved it!

30. paquijote - Invention No. 7 in E minor - J.S. Bach Admirable work on this invention. Man, those LH trills - just great! Your tempo is very good, also. thumb

31. Augustina - Somewhere Out There from an American Tail Really charming piece and playing! Love the movie music. (I didn't hear the airplane either). I'm beginning to like those page turns - pretty smooth. Nice ending!

32. Undone - Toccata in D minor I like the piano version-very refreshing! (I tried this one years ago, but could never play it this well). Love those big chords. I think you really did this piece justice - rather dazzling!

33. LisztAddict - Prelude in b minor I just love the ringing tone of your piano! I can't give any technical advice because it sounds perfectly performed to me. Such wonderful dynamic control and the perfect touch for Bach. Lovely!

34. Mohan Karthik - So far away Amazing for 11 months to compose and play as beautifully as you do here! What talent. I think you really did capture the feelings that you describe. Very nice variations, and I liked how you brought it to a close.

35. ladypayne - Nearer My God to Thee Great going on your own arrangement! You really made this "yours". I'm impressed and enjoyed listening very much!

Think less - play more

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
20 - True Beginner - This is your composition? Terrific. The melody is well written and well presented. I heard some clipping in my recording, is that is yours as well? I didn't notice it before. I enjoyed this performance quite a bit. For your next composition, it would be interesting to see if try some counterpoint in the dominant bass, which was well modulated in this piece. Congratulations on a wonderful creation, well performed.

21 - Riddler (Ed) - Oo, I love the intro. This was very tastefully arranged and performed. I especially enjoyed the quieter passage at 1:10 - 1:22, the way the lines overlapped.

22 - MartinJB - This reminds me of the music I chose for my wedding dance with my then new bride (First Impressions, Edgar Meyer). This is a thoughtful piece, and your playing is exquisite.

23 - hoffy - This was the first piece of classical music I learned to play, but it was on guitar. I really enjoy listening to it--it was on my son's baby mobile, and I'd play along with it. I like the ornamentation, and your playing was spot on.

24 - LaValse - All of my online Chopin mentors are into Scriabin, what does that say? I enjoyed this performance, and recognize the power of the composition, but I'll be honest and say that I'm not fully connected to the Scriabin's music yet. I enjoy it, but with Chopin I can say I'm very "into" it. That's exciting for me, because I have a feeling that in due time I'll be a Scriabin junky, too. I think you did a wonderful job with it, and I'm looking forward to several more listens to let it grow on me. This piece seems to present a high 'degree of difficulty.'

25 - Jazzwee - This was a great performance. Super tasty. I'm especially impressed with the rhythm you pull off. All the accents and stressed note/grace note bits are well played. You need an upright bassist, too, although by itself it's marvelous.

26 - wj3 - Great job! You captured the song perfectly in the melody line. This was a treat to listen to.

27 - BillM - I enjoy your piano/vocal performances from the past few recitals. This one stands out above the others in my opinion. I like the song, and your vocal tone is excellent for the mood of this piece. Oh, and the piano part is terrific, too--especially the changes in dynamics.

28 - Strings & Wood - Lovely piano is my first thought --just looked the description up, ok, that explains a lot--and excellent performance. Great job with the staccato notes, a lot of emotion captured the way you played it. Very well done!

29 - Serge88 - This is very good piano. You evoked the right feeling with your playing. This was very enjoyable to listen to. Nice balance.

30 - paquijote - Very good job with the counterpoint. The LH took over at all the appropriate times. I really enjoy these inventions, and this is a good example why. Perhaps the trill could be a touch more even, but it doesn't stand out too much. That's not a skill I've attempted, and I'm not looking forward to mastering it, I imagine it would take a LOT of practice to perfect. This was a great performance.

Only in men's imagination does every truth find an effective and undeniable existence. Imagination, not invention, is the supreme master of art as of life. -Józef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski
K
K
Here's my first batch of comments. I've really enjoyed listening to all the submissions - a really high standard across the board.

01. BenPiano - Waltz in G# Minor for Two Hands Op. 39 No. 3
Nice, confident rendition of this piece. It amazes me how you learn so much repertoire, and to such a high standard of polish. Well done, I enjoyed listening to this.

02. wouter79 - the entertainer
A really nice performance. Phrasing, dynamics and articulation all present and correct. Very impressive for someone who's played only a year.

03. Peyton - Angel
I really liked this - the composition is very much a 'Song without words'. Played very well, and with great feeling.

04. dannylux / Mel - Morgen
Another great repertoire find - I enjoyed the York Bowen in the last recital and I enjoyed this. Like the Bowen, this was played flawlessly.

05. Sam Smith - Song Without Words Opus 19 #1
Great performance of a difficult piece. The parts stay distinct throughout which is great. In his comments above, Bunneh asked "How would you rate this in terms of technical difficulty compared to 19/6 and similar pieces such as Grieg's Arietta and Von fremden Ländern und Menschen?" I've played the latter two (Grieg and Schumann) and they are very similar pieces to this in some ways, with three-part writing and an arpeggiated figure shared between hands for the middle part. Having played those I think 19/1 (which I've read through slowly but not tried to learn) is a grade or two harder.

06. cgyan (Iain) - Aria
Dramatic stuff this - huge sound with lots of reverb, but it suits the piece. Really accurate and musical playing which is amazing considering how long you have been playing. Great job. The only thing I would say against it is that with that big dramatic sound, it makes my piece which comes after it, with its sparse two-part baroque texture, sound really weedy !

08. Mr Super Hunky - The great gig in the sky (cover)
Good stuff this, the arrangement has a nice impromptu feel to it, and it does a nice job of exploring the musical possibilities of a great sequence of chords. It's a long time since I listened to any Pink Floyd. Probably the last time was when I was an undergrad which was (*cough*) years ago.

09. Pianosaurus Rex / Yannick - Wiener Marsch
Nice to hear some Czerny which isn't a study. Like a march should be, you played this with brio. Well done.

10. CarlosCC - I Due Fiumi
A really good Einaudi performance. Very accurate and very musical - played very expressively with a couple of nice little ritardandos in there, making it very much your own interpretation. Great work and amazing for someone who's only played for a year.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
13. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Gypsy Legend
Your new piano has a nice, ringing tone. This is very short, but interesting and well played.

14. CMohr - I Should Care
I am sitting here having a glass of Merlot while listening to the recital and your piece is just perfect for this setting. I love the lush chords and the bluesy feel you give this piece. I also love that you are taking your time and letting the melody breath. Very cool performance with an understated ending.

17. Inlanding - Glen - Medley of Three
Glen – I am a big fan of your compositions and song stylings. You have a wonderful easy style that, as I’ve said before, would be perfect for an upscale piano bar. Your harmonies and phrasing are always just right – I like the way you just bleed from one song to the next, just like a pro.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
Piano Vocals of Old Guy Tunes
A
A
59. Starr Keys- Kiss from a Rose.
This is a new song for me, I really enjoyed it and you did a great job on it.

58. EDTEK Winter Twilight
I love all of David Nevue's Music. You played this very well.

57 Mcasl Hob XV1:6 Sonata in G Major, 1rst Movement

This was a good song to relax me right before bed, Awesome job

56. DDH- Les Lulus The Pigtails.
I'm unfamiliar with this piece, but it was really pretty, and you played it so well.

55. Copper Lullaby-

It's been so long since I heard this song! I use to listen to it all the time. Very well played

54. Ttigg/ I Giorni

Another very pretty piece by Einaudi. Great job on this:)

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
Walt Disney

http://www.youtube.com/user/Spot1530
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
18. Ken. - Monk Medley - Misterioso & Bye-ya
Your piano has such great sustain. I love the low growl of the bass and the contrasting clarity of the melody line. Thanks for showing us Monk’s and your talent on these two pieces.

19. Mateusz 'Mati' Papiernik - Odin Sphere no Theme
I don’t know what else can be said of this – beautiful playing, beautiful piece and beautifully crafted video. Outstanding. I’m sure your female friend will be blown away by your artistry.

20. True Beginner - Winter Serenade
I always enjoy your original pieces. You have a real talent for translating moods and emotions into music. Well done.

21. Riddler (Ed) - Dolphin Dance
Ed - Once again, I’m glad you left the band at home. This piece shines in your unvarnished and precise arrangement. I had to play it several times as I was left wanting more after a very cool 1:36.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member
I left home at 7.20 this morning, and hoped I'd be able to download the music from my cell phone, as the classroom I was working in ...(til 6pm!!) doesn't have internet access. No such luck. All I could do was read the comments and sigh....

Missed my train coming home, then had things to do and FINALLY (after practicing smile ) I arrived and started listening.

What a treat! I only made it through to N14 - but really enjoyed all the performances. I'll be back with more comments tomorrow!

Here's the first batch!

01 BenPiano Waltz in G MinorI’ve never heard this before. It was charming, delicate and rich at the same time, what a great kick off to our recital! Thank you!.

02 Wouter79 – the Entertainer Great first bar! The rest were good too, I wasn’t bored for even a nano-second! You really did a splendid job – your Entertainer is just that – entertaining – jaunty, bouncy and full of energy. It’s quite a long piece too, I’m really impressed you can play like this after one year. Hat’s off to you Wouter.

03 Peyton – Angel, original Compliments. Your piece sounds peaceful – given what you wrote, I could imagine a dear friend who passed away (like yours, from cancer) going through the dark veil, to a peaceful, pain-free bright and joyful homecoming.
You made me weep, and that’s actually a good thing. Thank you..

04 Dannylux Mel - Morgen Another piece I’ve never heard before, thank you for the text, that added another dimension to the listening experience. I love the voice of your piano. This was beautifully played, with great expression.

05 Sam Smith Song without words Sam, lovely work again! I find myself looking forward to your performance of these Songs without words as each recital comes along now. I thought this was really well played, and I think you did master giving voice to individual notes extremely well. Loved listening to your work.

06 cygan Iain – Aria Giovanni Allevi Every time I see this composer’s name I smile, I used to work for a guy with the same name. Ok, kidding apart, this was very interesting to listen to. I should be more familiar with Allevi as he ‘s quite popular over here, but … I’m not! I enjoyed listening to your piece and find it interesting that you made changes to the original ! That was really lovely, relaxing at some points and very dynamic and “surging” at others. It made me think of walking through the woods and then by the sea. Complimenti!

07 Keemanan a New Ground, Purcell I love Purcell! Beautiful little trills, marvelous balance left-hand right hand . A pleasure to listen to!

08 Mr. Super-Hunky Great Gig in the Sky Well, whew, the suspense is over! I got some goose bumps with the lower darker parts – Splendid job!

09 Pianosaurus Rex Wiener Marsch – Czerny! What fun! You have a great touch – very delicate on the “tippy-toe” dancing notes, but firm and decisive on the heavy chords – This is absolutely delightful. I would like to learn this piece! My compliments sir!

10 Carlos CC Einaudi - I due fiumi Carlos, lovely – well done! You have really caught the voice that Einaudi is known for. Complimenti

11 Monica K The Meadow Andre Desplat I liked this piece very much – and it is very much in the style of music that you love, isn’t it? I thought it was interesting how it flowed between the “haunting” tones and the brighter – as though walking through a dark wood, then into dappled sunshine, then into mist….. You played it beautifully. Loved those contrasting chords at the end. Brava!

12 John Frank 2 Waltzes Before even listening to your piece, I was (as before) really interested in the information you wrote up to give us a bigger picture of what you had done. I find I am very appreciative of minor keys at the moment, they call to me. Your first piece was melancholy poetry, the second was cheerier without being precisely cheerful. Somehow I had a sad clown/mime in mind while listening to it. I hope that doesn’t offend you …(Think of Charlie Chaplin maybe!) What a splendid idea to pair them - enjoyed your “bridge work” too.

13 Casinitaly Gypsy Legend … hmmm, listening to the final product here, the “out of tune” aspect of my piano is much more obvious than it was on my own system…darn. I also I know I can those left hand leaps to be smoother, they’re a tad clunky! I’ve got to keep working at it!

14 CMohr – I should Care This is a beautiful piece, and I think the fact you’re playing from a lead sheet is very impressive! I love this sort of music, and you have given a performance that truly captures the voice and style of the period. Lovely work.

[Linked Image]
18 ABF Recitals, Order of the Red Dot
European Piano Parties - Brussels, Lisbon, Lucern, Milan, Malaga, St. Goar
Themed recitals: Grieg and Great American Songbook

H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
31 - Augustina - What a moving and enjoyable piece. Thanks for sharing it. I look forward to more melodic and graceful contributions like this from you!

32 - Undone - I enjoyed it, and I'm not a huge fan of the organ version, although I certainly appreciate it on those big 15' pipes. I think you played the low end superbly. With Bach, proper presentation of multiple voices really determines the quality of a performance, and I think you nailed most of the interwoven melodies quite well. Very well done.

33 - LisztAddict - I didn't know Bach wrote pieces this emotionally complex. This was a terrific selection, thanks for bringing it to my attention. I think letting the LH dominate as much as you did is exactly the right call for this piece. Outstanding performance.

34 - Mohan Karthik - I like this piece. Good job on the delicate re-entry of the main voice 3/4 through. This was well played and very enjoyable. Holy cow, just read that you composed this. Great work, top notch.

35 - ladypayne - You did a fantastic job, your playing was, in a word, joyful. This makes me miss my choir days, and the pure joy that comes with singing praise. Not so pure now, not sure if I could still pull it off wink j/k. Great job, and thanks for sharing your love!

36 - MaryBee - Very well performed. I'm not super familiar with this well-known piece, but your performance allowed me to enjoy it, and I enjoyed it very much!

37 - FarmGirl - I feel your frustration, I tried a similar project for Christmas and it never took form the way I wanted, and I ended up giving up. I think your performance is good, and you are being too hard on yourself. A lot of effort went into this, and you pulled it off very well.

38 - Andy Platt - Best performance of the recital!! Ok, {oops, left off the end} you beat me to the punch wink I really enjoyed this Andy. I could listen to this kind of playing all day long. This is a marvelous piece. I think you did a great job.

39 - Sideshow - This is some excellent Bach, and you are playing it very well. Your dexterity is remarkable. Great trills. You hit all the right counterpoint accents. Terrific tempo. Excellent job, this is how Bach is supposed to be. Oh, YOU didn't like your trills (thought it was another)--c'mon, seriously? If you say so. I didn't notice anything untoward.

40 - GlassLove - I really like this chords. It also has a nice discordant quality that is not a complete departure, but takes you somewhere just off the beaten path. Very pleasant and evocative.

41 - Cathy - This is great music, and you performed it so well. This piece sings of a twinge of sorrow wrapped in joy and harmony, just as it should.

42 - PhilzPiano - I love this prelude, and it intimidates me, perhaps even more than Op.28/15, which is a piece that kicked my butt and humbled me. You did a great job with it, and you'll continue to enjoy it as you may decide to explore everything that's in that deceptive gem. Well done and very musical!

Last edited by hawgdriver; 02/15/11 07:05 PM.

Only in men's imagination does every truth find an effective and undeniable existence. Imagination, not invention, is the supreme master of art as of life. -Józef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski
A
A
I can't usually think of comments to say but I thought I would comment on everyone's songs this time^_^.
1 Ben Piano Waltz in G# minor for two hands Op. 39 no. 3
Great start to the recital. You played this piece so well:)

2. Wouter79 The Entertainer. Great job on the entertainer. It was very entertaining:)

3. Peyton- Angel
You did a great job with this piece, was very well played

4. Dannylux/ Mel -Morgen
This was a very pretty piece as well, you played it so beautifully:)

53. Custard Apple A time for Love
I'm unfamiliar with this song, but I enjoyed it.

52. Bluekeys Invention #13-
Awesome.. I can't wait to hear it after you finish it:)

I'll listen to more later:)

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
Walt Disney

http://www.youtube.com/user/Spot1530
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
#14-CMohr- If you told me you were a jazz pro I'd believe you. Smokey and dreamy and... just really nice to listen to.

#17- Inlanding- glen, I don't know why I can't get your piece to download and I can't find it on your Youtube channel. I did however listen to your "invention 1". Fantastic. I'll keep trying to get the "Medley of Three".

#27- Bill- Always a delight to hear a new cover by you Bill. You really have the Randy Newman feel.

#28- Strings and Wood- This always seems like such a sad work by Schumann. Well played.

#31- Augustina- Nicely done. You should definitely work on memorizing some of your pieces. You play well and the turning pages really get in the way.

#32-Undone- I learned a bit of this a ways back so I could play it on my synth/organ for a haunted house. Hearing you makes me want to go back and actually learn the danged thing. Great playing!

#33- LisztAddict)- Always a joy to hear you play...anything...you are a master!! Beautiful feel on this one.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
22. MartinJB / martin - Reflections Em
What a lovely and delicate melody. You bring out the beauty of this tune without trying to overpower it. It says composer unknown in your submission – what a pity. Excellent first submission – I look forward to more.

23. hoffy - Minuet In G Major (BWV Anh. 114 - come on, you all know it!) Yes, I know it but don’t know how to play it. I wish I could play it as well as you. Very nicely done.

24. LaValse - Prelude Op 11 No 4
Both your playing and video are quite crisp. You piano has a very rich tone.

25. Jazzwee - All the Things You Are
I think you found your groove on this one. A very cool, laidback performance.

26. wj3 / Walt - Take me home country roads
I’m both a huge John Denver and West Virgina fan so this song hits my sweet spot. A very nice rendition.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
T
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
T
08. Mr Super Hunky - The great gig in the sky (cover)
Absolutely loved it!It's my favorite track from one of my all time favorite albums.
I even started to add some of the vocals at one point.Boy was that a mistake.

1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
36. MaryBee - Sheep May Safely Graze Beautifully done, MaryBee! I love the left hand which you used just right - the right hand melodies really sang out. You have really nice delicate trills. It seems as though you asng your way through this. Very, very enjoyable listen!

37. FarmGirl - A Christmas Overture This was worth another listen. (Previewed in the Piano Bar). It's just outstanding work for, I think many of us agree, an epic undertaking. You may feel now like you're through with this, but what a wonderful medley to be able to bring out again and know you can play it so wonderfully! Christmas music is great any time.

38. Andy Platt - Mozart Sonata in C (K545) Movement 2 - Andante Oh, I liked this very much! (even though it was played on a DP ha). You certainly have a feel for Mozart. The LH & RH balance is perfect. I really enjoyed the expressiveness you put into this. I am familiar with it, and still didn't notice your flubs.

39. Sideshow/Edwin - Prelude - BWV935 You're too hard on yourself-we are our own worst critics. Really, this is spectacular! Such wonderful control and touch. I could listen to this kind of playing all day. thumb

40. GlassLove (Christine) - Song of India (arranged) Oh, I'm so glad you played this piece! It's an all-time favorite of mine and my mom used to play it, too. Just a charming performance. Great job!

41. jotur/Cathy Turner - Amazing Grace OK, I've been waiting to hear this...with all the build up and intrigue. So PW connections, ah-ha! This is really a gloriously homey version played in just the perfect way! I love those bass notes that went right through me, and the ending was divine. Very touching performance!

42. PhilzPiano - Prelude in E minor Op. 28 No. 4 I love this prelude. I do like the voice you used on your DP. And your interpretation is really nice, too. I do think some pedal would tie all those good things together for you. Other than that, very admirable work!

43. Yamaha G-3 & P-80 / Mike WHite - Milonga del angel I'm going to have to look into Astor Piazzolla! I love this! Romantically and intriguingly played. This is a very cool piece. I really like the different feelings in this. Well done!

44. MegumiNoda - Intermezzo Op. 118 No. 2This is one of my favorite Brahms works. Your playing of this piece gave me goosebumps from my toes to my face! It's obvious that a lot of feeling went into this performance, and your phrasing is excellent! What more can I say?!

Think less - play more

[Linked Image]
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
01. BenPiano - Waltz in G# Minor for Two Hands Op. 39 No. 3 Great start to the recital! I enjoyed listening to your performance.

03. Peyton - Angel I am always jealous of people who play by ear, and people who compose original music. I liked it very much! So, did you write anything down as you were working on it? Or did you memorize it as is was taking shape in your head?

06. cgyan (Iain) - Aria So, are you sure you've only been playing 11 months?? (11 months after re-starting?) Anyway, I really enjoyed your performance, and the music is lovely. I'm not familiar with Allevi, but now I am very curious! Thank you for sharing your recording.

Started piano June 1999.
Proud owner of a Yamaha C2

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
E
E
My first batch of comments.

01. BenPiano - I watched the YT vid and besides liking your playing I was very impressed with the excellent video and audio. Your camera angle was perfect.

02. wouter79 - very nice tone and dynamics!

03. Peyton – pretty melody, liked the angelic ending

04. dannylux – very pretty piece

05. Sam Smith – Love Mendelssohn, nice selection well played.

06. cgyan – wow, really pretty song played nicely, listened to it a couple of times. I dl’d the chart from the link you provided and it’s on my list to learn. Really envious that you play so well after only 11 months. I thought the bass was a little overpowering at times. Watching your vid it didn’t seem you were hitting it all that hard, must be the EQ or something.

07. KeemaNan – I thought it very well played, neat ornaments. I used to play a lot of Purcell in a recorder consort, always interesting.

08. Mr Super Hunky – Cool that you can do your own arrangements. Neat song with the BB really rocking the firmament. I liked your emotional involvement made clear in the rendition.

09. Pianosaurus Rex – So Czerny composed actual pieces, who knew? Well done!

10. CarlosCC – I love this song. Always happy to hear it. You might consider adding the La Scala bridge that Monica incorporated so well in her version.

11. Monica K. – Ah MK, another lovely tender piece played with emotion and fine dynamics.

12. John Frank – Interesting arrangement, well done. Envy your ability to play from memory.

13. CASINITALY (Cheryl) – Nice song and you did a good with the playing and the recording. I need to improve my recording, it was so much easier with my dp and line out 

14. CMohr – Lovely song, played very well. I am impressed that you came up with such a nice arrangement just from a lead sheet. The intro and outro were really nice too.

15. Todd Vance – Can’t go wrong with Chopin. Nice dynamics!

Ed (out in the West Texas town of El Paso)

Ed (Out in the West Texas town of El Paso)
Yamaha P255
A
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
A
51. Hawgdriver (Leon) - Prelude in D-flat major, Op. 28 #15, 'raindrop' It seems almost impossible to me that you can pull off a performance of this wonderful prelude after 15 months playing. This was a wonderful, wonderful performance. I'm glad you feel you still have more to "find" - for me it had everything!

52. bluekeys - Invention #13 Oh, so that is what it sounds like (a summer teacher gave me this as an assignment but it was quickly pulled). You did a great job of keeping both melodies separate yet interwoven with perfect balance. I don't think it needs to go any faster!

53. custard apple - A Time for Love Your piano has a lovely tone and you use it wonderfully in this piece, bringing out the melody but keeping the wonderful harmonies strong. Excellent!

54. TTigg / Steve C - I Giorni This is one I watched the video for - I find that Einaudi's pieces often work best with visuals. This was no exception - it was beautifully performed and the video nicely put together (memories of SF!). You managed to keep the piece moving forward the whole way through. Nice! Oh - your piano sounds great too.

55. Copper - Lullaby I was just browsing through my copy of The Piano Handbook and noticed this piece. Beautifully played - keeping it nice and simple, just as it should be.

56. ddh - Daniel - Les lulus (The pigtails) At first I thought this would be something more like Einaudi or Nevue but there are some little twists that take it off in it's own direction. I really enjoyed your performance - you seemed to know exactly where the piece was going. There were some beautifully judged crescendos and lovely accents.

57. mcasl - Hob XVI:6, Sonata in G major, 1st mov. I'm glad you submitted this "not polished" ... it is great to have a charming piece by the often forgotten Haydn. There are some wonderful touches already - and it doesn't sound far off completely done. Good job.

58. edtek - Winter Twilight That was beautiful. I'm glad you spent so much time polishing it - it really paid off. And the next piece probably won't take six months! I think you'll have to get a better digital recorder if you want better sound but it sounded pretty good already.

59. Starr Keys - Kiss from a Rose I could hear Seal singing as you were playing (in my head anyway). I already commented on this wonderful piece in the piano bar but I had to listen again to make sure ... fantastic!

Well, that wraps it up for me. Fifty nine fabulous performances. I really enjoyed the mix of everything. I'm not usually into the "new age" pieces but many of them really touched me this time.

Only one problem ... what to play in May?!

• Debussy - Le Petit Nègre, L. 114
  • Haydn - Sonata in Gm, Hob. XVI/44

Kawai K3
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
45. Wisebuff - In Church Op 39 No 24 I hadn't heard this before today. I liked it very much! I'm glad you submitted this. Really great playing - nice feeling and touch throughout!

46. ShiroKuro - Sunburst You got me at the first notes! It really does evoke a sunburst. This translates very well to piano from guitar. You play superbly, Shiro, and it did bring many rays of sunshine to my cold, rainy & dreary day! It sounds fun to play and difficult at the same time.

47. spidaman - A moment lost All in one day?! Wow, such a heartfelt performance. Not being too familiar with specific DN pieces, I can't make a comparison (which would be unfair, anyway). This is very alluringly played, and it made me feel good. Very nicely done!

48. Laura aka ten left thumbs - Moonlight Sonata, Op 27 no 2, 1st movement Ah, the Moonlight, a favorite. You definitely know this. Although it seemed a tad fast, I think you should play it the way you feel it. All in all, very good work here and completely enjoyable to listen to. Good going!

49. grotrianer - Sonata in c-minor op.10, no.1: 2nd mvt. - Adagio Molto What a great undertaking. There's so much to capture our emotions and you've done some fine finger work here! I haven't listened to this for quite a while. I'm glad you played this movement. You certainly got a great take!

50. Bunneh - Barcarolle, No. 6 from Troisième Recueil de Chants, op. 65. This one is new to me, and I can hear why you fell in love with it - it's a great piece! You've played this fabulously - the voices are balanced and you kept it moving. I love it now, too!

Think less - play more

[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 20 21

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,164
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission