Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 13 of 14 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 >
Topic Options
#1625466 - 02/21/11 07:07 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
mcasl Offline

Loc: Spain
I'd like to thank the rest of participants for their wonderful performances and, specially, those that wrote a comment on my performance.
The recital has been a boost to my motivation once again and your feedback reinforces the effect :-)
I've had a great time listening to you all. Those pieces are the result of many many hours of hard work and you deserve the medals! Congratulations and my compliments!

- Danza Oriental, E. Granados
- Nocturne 4, J. Field
- Six variations on 'Mio caro adone', W.A. Mozart
http://www.youtube.com/mcasl

(ads P/S)
Sauter Pianos

piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#1625599 - 02/21/11 10:14 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
jotur Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Santa Fe, NM
A few more, and then I'm going to go play my piano smile

7. KeemaNan - A New Ground What a great piece! I love the left hand - you give it just the right amount of emphasis.

11. Monica K. I liked the melody here. And everyone's right - you just keep getting more and more musical.

59. Starr Keys - Kiss I've heard this before, but where? You did a great job picking out the chords and their voicings. Way to go.

24. La Valse - Prelude What a sophisticated little piece this is. I can see it being played at a 1940's soiree, in a black and white movie. Very nice.

23. hoffy - Minuet in G Major One of my all-time favorites. Nicely done, and I really like the definitive ending.

This is my busy time of the year, so keep this thread open, everyone, and I'll post more later in the week!

Cathy

#1625646 - 02/21/11 11:28 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: ddh]
LisztAddict Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Florida
Originally Posted By: ddh
Yeah but LisztAddict could make a $39 DP sound great laugh

That's absolutely the best compliment I've ever received!!! LOL laugh

Thanks ddh!!!

#1625655 - 02/21/11 11:51 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: LisztAddict]
ddh Offline

Loc: Abitibi
Well deserved maestro thumb

#1625738 - 02/22/11 05:31 AM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
custard apple Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Sydney
Thank you Peyton. I'm glad Bill Evans could warm up your cold morning in Maine with A Time for Love.

#1625741 - 02/22/11 05:46 AM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: ddh]
Sam S Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Georgia, USA
Originally Posted By: ddh
Next up:

05. Sam Smith - Song Without Words Opus 19 #1 Sam, I’ve got to say when I look at your avatar, I see you more like a Grateful Dead/ZZ Top type. But, when I listen to your music, I really feel the heart of a classical musician. One of the more heartfelt pieces of this recital. Bravo and thanks.

Stay tuned for more...

Thanks. My avatar is a closeup of the Charles Ives stamp. He was a 20th century composer, a real individualist that wrote eclectic music. I can't play any of it, and he's not exactly high on my playlist, but I admire his attitude....

And I sort of look like him when I wear a hat that covers my bald head.

Sam

Edited by Sam S (02/22/11 05:47 AM)
Every ABF recital since #13 Feb '09!
ABF Recital Index
My Recital Performances

#1625753 - 02/22/11 06:42 AM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Starr Keys Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: california
Peyton: Thanks for the encouraging words, coming from a master like yourself (at arranging/composing), they made my day.

Originally Posted By: Ladypayne
Thanks for the compliment. I actually didn't use any sheet music or a lead sheet. I arranged everything on my own

LP: I had a feeling this was the case, but I never heard you do it before, and I didn't know you did. In that case it was really great!

Augustina: I can't afford one either, but if I could I'd be afraid it would make it too easy for me to depend on the sheet so I probably wouldn't get one. But if you really enjoy reading, I'd imagine you'd enjoy it a lot more with one of these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBNQhfCAdCw

Andy, Well that should make a lot of people feel better, me included since I always felt I could never get that much better if I studied ninety years.:)

Jotur: Thank you. You never know if you got it right until someone tells you. I appreciate it.

Edited by Starr Keys (02/22/11 06:46 AM)

#1625836 - 02/22/11 10:01 AM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Augustina Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
Starr Keys wow that is kind of cool:) ... now I want one;)

http://www.youtube.com/user/Spot1530

#1625840 - 02/22/11 10:08 AM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
ladypayne Offline

Loc: AK, USA
Yup I want one of those page turner things too. lol. Maybe some day :p

"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -Ludwig van Beethoven

#1625865 - 02/22/11 10:51 AM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Chocolatetown, USA
31. Augustina - Somewhere Out There from an American Tail - lovely tune & played very nicely with lots of feeling - memorizing will definitely help with smooth execution.

(32. Undone - Toccata in D minor - You make me almost like Bach! Excellently played - lots of controlled drama and well paced - would like to hear you tackle this on a big concert grand.

33. LisztAddict - Prelude in b minor - soft and thoughtful - superb interpretation - why is it with Bach I keep waiting for the main melody to start?

34. Mohan Karthik - So far away - Not bad at all for your 1st composition - you show good promise.

35. ladypayne - Nearer My God to Thee - good job on this old, old favorite - well played!

36. MaryBee - Sheep May Safely Graze - MaryBee, very, very nicely done - you did a great job with the melody - this was quite an undertaking for you I can tell and you pretty much kicked it's butt! And thanks much for the video - I have a CD of Emma Kirkby singing Handel arias which is just superb - she has a wonderfully listenable voice.

37. FarmGirl - A Christmas Overture - commented on this in the Piano Bar.

38. Andy Platt - Mozart Sonata in C (K545) Movement 2 - Andante - Andy, what's not to love about Mozart's work and you did a good job - nice to hear the 2nd movement - only 3 flubbs? Not even worth mentioning.

More to come...

JF

As good at piano as I am at golf - very high handicap!

#1626110 - 02/22/11 04:51 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
grotrianer Offline

Loc: Braunschweig, Germany
14. CMohr - I Should Care This moody piece immediately transported me from my commuting bus to a lounge in a fancy hotel. Thanks for sharing. Oh, and I am hearing a lot of progress in your playing!

55. Copper - Lullaby Another one of your little gems. Thanks for sharing!

53. custard apple - A Time for Love Back from the bed room to that hotel lounge with that well-played contribution.

04. dannylux / Mel - Morgen I always look forward to your pieces, as they often expose me to a composer I am rather unfamiliar with (I do love Strauss as an opera composer, but didn't know much of his other work) and are extremely well played, interesting and entertaining. This time, I am not sure if I should thank you, though, as you inflicted an addiction on me. I spent days checking out all the versions of "Morgen" available on youtube and already tried to convince my chamber music friends to do an arrangement.

56. ddh - Daniel - Les lulus (The pigtails) I wouldn't have associated this with children's celebration, strawberry and chocolate. Sounds nostalgic to me, maybe an adult trying to remember how all that felt, but not quite succeeding. I enjoyed it nevertheless!

58. edtek - Winter Twilight I enjoyed this while walking in the twilight of a winter evening. Six months at 10min/day sounds reasonable to me to learn a piece of this level so well with your background. Can you really stand working on only one piece at a time? I know I couldn't. If you find six months too long, maybe the solution is working on simpler pieces?!

37. FarmGirl - A Christmas Overture A very entertaining holiday piece. While some Christmas songs seem to be quite international, others are not, so I had additional fun in finding and naming tho tunes that are more obscure over here. I didn't know that "Greensleeves" is a Christmas song. And the last one ("Oh holy night") will forever conjure up Eric Cartman from "South Park" for me, as his "interpretation" of this song was the first one I heard.

40. GlassLove (Christine) - Song of India (arranged) Nice oriental feel to this song. Thanks for sharing!

51. Hawgdriver (Leon) - Prelude in D-flat major, Op. 28 #15, 'raindrop' I enjoyed the final product as much as witnessing the evolution of your interpretation. After revisiting your "Promenade" from recital 19, I have to say that, while that may have been, in some way, an even more remarkable achievement (as you handled the numerous technical difficulties of that piece, after only a few months of playing, just as well as I remember handling them myself in my late teen years, after close to ten years of playing), I applaud the effort that you put into improving the musicality of a piece with less obvious technical hurdles this time.

17. Inlanding - Glen - Medley of Three Thanks for introducing us to your improvising side. An enviable skill, that, and a well-balanced set of pieces.

25. Jazzwee - All the Things You Are Cool ending! Your talent for improvisation leaves me nearly speechless. I enjoyed this - like your earlier contributions to ABFR - immensely.

16. Joangolfing - Sonata E Major Op.14 No.1 Allegretto Really lovely movement, as a listener I prefer this a lot to the movement I tried to play (though to be honest I don't like the first movement of 14/1 too much). Thanks for sharing!

#1626144 - 02/22/11 05:29 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
grotrianer Offline

Loc: Braunschweig, Germany
Thanks to LaValse (loved your approach to commenting!), BillM, TTigg, casinitaly, mr super-hunky, ShiroKuro, TX-Dennis, wouter79, Sam S, Edtek, Undone, GlassLove, PhilzPiano, Augustina, MaryBee, FarmGirl, ddh for your attention and your friendly comments.

Originally Posted By: mr_super-hunky

49. grotrianer - Sonata in c-minor op.10, no.1: 2nd mvt. Only useful tip....just a bit less silence in the begining as I thought my stereo stopped working until the music finally came.

I'm really sorry about my lazy editing job :-(. You seem to be an impatient guy, though, it's less than two seconds of silence!

Originally Posted By: ShiroKuro

[b]49. grotrianer - Sonata in c-minor op.10, no.1: 2nd mvt. - Adagio Molto I didn't know this was called the Little Pathetique. Maybe I should try it, although I have no doubt it's very challenging. I recently heard someone play the 2nd movement of the Moonlight Sonata (yes, the one that's Presto). She didn't play it presto, but it was still impressive and the music is just so compelling. But I have no doubt that I am no where near the level needed to play that movement. So maybe I should start here. What do you think?

I'm happy that I could inspire you to want to try that movement. While I can imagine that the Moonlight sonata Presto played slowly is still beautiful - if it's really slow, I think it sounds very much like a paraphrase of the first movement - I think it's better to try something that you can at least hope to get to standard performance speed. That said, I can't think of any Beethoven sonata that doesn't have at least one movement that I'd find easier than the Moonlight Presto. So I guess you have a lot of choice. Starting with the slow movement of 10/1 has the advantage that, once you've mastered it, you stand a good chance of being able to master the complete sonata. Here (http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthrea...ite_id/1#import) is a list with all sonatas, ranked by difficulty.

Edited by grotrianer (02/22/11 05:30 PM)

#1626150 - 02/22/11 05:38 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Mr Super-Hunky Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Arizona.
Originally Posted By: mr_super-hunky
49. grotrianer - Sonata in c-minor op.10, no.1: 2nd mvt. Only useful tip....just a bit less silence in the begining as I thought my stereo stopped working until the music finally came.

I'm really sorry about my lazy editing job :-(. You seem to be an impatient guy, though, it's less than two seconds of silence!

That's weird. Your right. I even double checked your intro and now it plays fine.

Sorry, my apologies. I just wanted to let you know about the long silence in the begining of your piece but now it doesn't exist. Ooops.

#1626168 - 02/22/11 06:09 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
ShiroKuro Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: not in Japan anymore
Grotrianer, thanks for the link! I was mistaken BTW about the Moonlight, the movement I heard was the 3rd movement, not the second. And although she didn't play it presto, it certainly wasn't "slow." But you're right, you wouldn't want to play something that you had no hope of getting to a reasonably close tempo of the standard tempo.

I wonder if playing the first and second of that sonata will prep you for the third the way you describe the sonata you've shared with us... Anyway, between your recording and the performance I heard, I'm sufficiently motivated that I want to talk with my teacher about what she thinks, and how I might structure my practice to work in that direction.

Edited by ShiroKuro (02/22/11 06:13 PM)

#1626198 - 02/22/11 07:10 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Strings & Wood Offline

Gold member until Dec. 2012

Loc: USA
45. Wisebuff - In Church Op 39 No 24

Nicely played Wisebuff. Grotrian makes a fabulous piano.

46. ShiroKuro - Sunburst

ShiroKuro, sounds like a fun piece to play and a workout to boot. Good job!

47. spidaman - A moment lost

I would say you got your money's worth from a one day effort. Nicely done.

48. Laura aka ten left thumbs - Moonlight Sonata, Op 27 no 2, 1st movement
When I saw your record time I was curious to see how well you kept it together. Tempo stayed pretty consistent. Obviously at this tempo any minor stub will be magnified. Dynamics become harder to control as well, but interestingly, easier to identify. I will sometimes play at this tempo but up an octave. It's fun and gets the fingers loose. Good job, Laura.

49. grotrianer - Sonata in c-minor op.10, no.1: 2nd mvt. - Adagio Molto

To play this sonata with it's many finger pitfalls, error free, would be an accomplishment for sure. Those accelerated runs would be my demise. No need to take sympathy here, I enjoyed listening to you play. Your Sauter is well suited here.

50. Bunneh - Barcarolle, No. 6 from Troisi�me Recueil de Chants, op. 65.

Bunneh, it is a lovely piece and you played it very well. I enjoyed listening.

51. Hawgdriver (Leon) - Prelude in D-flat major, Op. 28 #15, 'raindrop'

I have been anxious to hear this one. I know that you spent a lot of time with it, not to mention, recordings- as I watched it slide from position to position as the pre-recital submissions were entered. You have done very well. This is a Chopin favorite for me and someday I will play it.
I like your letter to Chopin and in many ways feel the same. I am amazed that you were able to bring forward the many dynamics of this piece as well as you did, given the severity of your handicapped instrument. wink
Its a keeper- enjoy it for a long time to come.

Schimmel K213 NWS

#1626205 - 02/22/11 07:17 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: grotrianer]
ddh Offline

Loc: Abitibi
Originally Posted By: grotrianer
56. ddh - Daniel - Les lulus (The pigtails) I wouldn't have associated this with children's celebration, strawberry and chocolate. Sounds nostalgic to me, maybe an adult trying to remember how all that felt, but not quite succeeding. I enjoyed it nevertheless!

When played at tempo, it is more joyous but retains some nostalgia. My slow fingers don't allow me to do it justice just yet. frown
Thanks Grotrianer, for listening and taking the time to comment.

Cheers

#1626272 - 02/22/11 09:23 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
jotur Offline
5000 Post Club Member

45. Wisebuff - In Church Oh, very nice, and it has a feeling of reverence.

53. custard apple - A Time for Love very cool, and I love the chords. It's nice to have jazz be a big part of this recital.

9. Pianosaurus Rex - March I love the big chords and the picolo sound of some of the melody. Took me back to marching band smile

25. Jazzwee - ATTYA Sigh. I will have to say you've entered a realm of jazz that I don't understand. On the other hand, you seem to have become pretty fluent! Your hard work is obviously paying off. Congratulations.

26. wj3 - Walt - Take Me Home Country Roads Great selection smile And I enjoyed this version, too.

Before everyone checks out of this thread, thanks to all who commented on my piece. When I've finished listening I'll go thru those thoroughly. But they are much, much appreciated smile

Cathy

#1626365 - 02/23/11 12:28 AM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
jotur Offline
5000 Post Club Member

I believe this is my last batch:

42. PhilzPiano - Prelude Very haunting. I like the shading attempts in the left hand - very hard to do in a piece like this. Nice ending, too.

46. ShiroKuro - Sunburst Put a smile on my face from the first bar! Great piece, and played with a lot of confidence. Some fast stuff in the left hand there!

50. Bunneh - Barcarolle Very hypnotic and soothing. Well done.

51. Hawgdriver - Prelude Well done. Nice contrasts in dynamics.

44. MegumiNoda - Intermezzo A larger piece than I can attempt. Nice.

47. spidaman - A moment lost Lovely, lovely. Very soothing.

52. bluekeys - Invention This was wonderful! Faster would have lost much of its charm. Terrific!

55. Copper - Lullaby The perfect ending. Beautifully played. I also like your selections and your playing.

Thanks to the usual crew of originators and implementors of these recitals. One of my favorite times of the year is when these are posted.

Cathy

#1626457 - 02/23/11 06:17 AM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: grotrianer]
custard apple Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Thank you Grotrianer. Bill Evans' jazz songs seem perfect for the hotel lounge and the small rooms rather than concert halls.

Thank you Jotur. How any human could think of those cool way-out chords is amazing.

#1626674 - 02/23/11 12:34 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
cgyan Offline

Loc: UK
Some more ...

16. Joangolfing - Sonata E Major Op.14 No.1 Allegretto
This did not sound like an easy piece to play and your years of playing really shone through to provide us with such a good performance.

17. Inlanding - Glen - Medley of Three
I’m not a jazz person so I always look forward to hearing these jazz submissions as they are a little different (to me). I really enjoyed the second one, my foot was tapping away smile and the mental imagery I got for the third one was a twig being lashed around in stormy water... strange! Ah, lentil soup and hot tea, a man after my own heart smile

18. Ken. - Monk Medley - Misterioso & Bye-ya
I can see how the first piece could work really well as an exercise. My foot was tapping away again on the second one (Bye-ya), really liked the feel of it. I always assumed I didn’t like jazz but more often that not you guys and gals that submit it are bringing me around one tune at a time smile

19. Mateusz 'Mati' Papiernik - Odin Sphere no Theme
A friend on YouTube recently introduced me to the world of anime and game music and I had no idea there was as much beautiful music in these genres as there is. Well done, Mati, flawless performance and loved how it built in the middle section. Cool reverb too smile Got the sheet dl’d too, thanks for the link.

20. True Beginner - Winter Serenade
Some super chord changes there, just enough complexity to make it interesting but not too much that it becomes confusing. Great title, too, think you were spot on with the mental imagery.

More to follow ...

#1626931 - 02/23/11 06:36 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
cgyan Offline

Loc: UK
21. Riddler (Ed) - Dolphin Dance
Nice one, Ed, you really brought the melody alive there with that one. Couldn’t fault it in any way.

22. MartinJB / martin - Reflections Em
What a sweet tune, put me in a real melancholic mood. Great stuff for your first recital, Martin, you should be very proud of that.

23. hoffy - Minuet In G Major (BWV Anh. 114 - come on, you all know it!)
I also remember this piece from childhood and always enjoy it hearing it performed especially when done right like this. I liked how you actually performed it, not just playing all the right notes in the right order but injected some feeling into it. Great work on your first recital but now you need to keep the standard up for the next one grin

24. LaValse - Prelude Op 11 No 4
Sounded great, LaValse, there seems to have been a lot of Scriabin knocking around on the forum recently and I’m enjoying them all. You might find some of this piece challenging but it didn’t show, you sounded in full control all the way through smile

25. Jazzwee - All the Things You Are
Performances like this make my head spin (in a good way smile ) as the control of the keyboard was incredible for such a complicated sounding piece (to me anyway). Hats off to you, Jazwee, we’re not worthy.

#1626998 - 02/23/11 08:39 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Strings & Wood Offline

52. bluekeys - Invention #13
I dunno sounds pretty fast to me. I guess I just don't get Bach. Just as well, at my age I will never get my fingers to move that fast. Sounds like this is something you want to do, I wish you success in getting there.

53. custard apple - A Time for Love

Some pretty chords and tones there, custard apple.

54. TTigg / Steve C - I Giorni

Steve you have Einaudi figured out pretty well. Very nice playing.

56. ddh - Daniel - Les lulus (The pigtails)
Daniel, I enjoyed listening to this unfamiliar piece. It's a keeper.

59. Starr Keys - Kiss from a Rose

Starr Keys, this is a great song. If I had an improvisational bone in my body, this is one I would like to tackle. You did quite well with it. Nice job.

55. Copper - Lullaby
Copper, Like jotur I thought this the perfect ending for the recital. Very nicely done!

Thanks to all for their contributions to this 21st recital, it was a great one.

Schimmel K213 NWS

#1627617 - 02/24/11 07:49 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
jotur Offline
5000 Post Club Member

I'd like to thank Studio Joe again for the arrangement of Amazing Grace I played in this recital. Indeed, the bass notes rumbled! and were one of the many reasons I fell in love with his arrangement. I loved the modulations from F to Bb to Eb (you were right on, ladypayne), and, as several of you noted, the ending.

I have yet to play this piece in public without botching it nearly in its entirety smile I'm going to try again, however, at a charity music marathon Sunday evening. I'm hoping that the fact that it's evening, and not morning (boy, are mornings not my strong point) will make a difference.

Thank you all for your comments on the harmonies and the rhythm and timing, and, much thanks for the pictures smile . A couple of people said they had downloaded the arrangement, so maybe we'll have more in a piano bar or a recital down the line!

Cathy

#1627644 - 02/24/11 09:02 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: Strings & Wood]
TTigg Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Southern California
Originally Posted By: Strings & Wood

Thanks smile i've still got some polishing to do but i'm glad to have been able to make it sound good
-SC

My You Tube | My Box.net

#1627648 - 02/24/11 09:10 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: jotur]
Strings & Wood Offline

Quote:
I have yet to play this piece in public without botching it nearly in its entirety smile I'm going to try again, however, at a charity music marathon Sunday evening. I'm hoping that the fact that it's evening, and not morning (boy, are mornings not my strong point) will make a difference.

You will get it worked out... break a leg. smile

Schimmel K213 NWS

#1627650 - 02/24/11 09:12 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: TTigg]
Strings & Wood Offline

Originally Posted By: TTigg

Thanks smile i've still got some polishing to do but i'm glad to have been able to make it sound good
-SC

Perhaps a duet from you and Monica soon?

Schimmel K213 NWS

#1627731 - 02/25/11 12:18 AM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
BenPiano Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: US
17. Inlanding - Glen - Medley of Three - I always love your jazz. I don't know what else to say! Perhaps, this is like a jazz sonatina, in 3 movements? Something like that. Thumbs up!

16. Joangolfing - Sonata E Major Op.14 No.1 Allegretto - I always love getting a dose of Beethoven's music. Thanks for sharing that with us!

15. Todd Vance - Waltz, in C# Minor Op. 64 #2 - This is a piece I've always wanted to play. Great job tackling this monster!

14. CMohr - I Should Care - Great job with this one. To me, you didn't lose the melody, and I really enjoyed listening!

13. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Gypsy Legend - Wow, that's a great piece! I haven't seen the score, but a lot of folks tend to slow down when the music gets softer and here you slowed as the music got louder, which I think is the proper thing to do. Which is difficult, because we want to do the opposite, but what you did must be proper because it sounded terrific!

12. John Frank - Two Waltz Medley : Waltz in B Minor & Waltz in D Major - Great medley - these two fit nicely together. Great playing and combining - for our enjoyment!

11. Monica K. - The Meadow - Yes, very hauntingly beautiful. Well played - and I'm glad I heard it here because I don't ever think I'll see the movie!

#1627779 - 02/25/11 03:36 AM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: Strings & Wood]
TTigg Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Southern California
Originally Posted By: TTigg

-SC

Perhaps a duet from you and Monica soon?

smile thumb
- SC

My You Tube | My Box.net

#1627805 - 02/25/11 06:08 AM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: Strings & Wood]
custard apple Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Strings & Wood
Thank you for listening to A Time for Love and for commenting.

#1627839 - 02/25/11 08:29 AM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Starr Keys Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: california
40. GlassLove (Christine) – You did a good job of sustaining the tempo; now the next step is to try to shape the phrases with some rubato, which I think of as stealing and making up time, and also by contrasting more soft and low in the dynamics. For 15 months, though, IMO you've made good progress since you made me want to play this beautiful piece.

41. jotur/Cathy Turner I can see how you would be asked to play dancing accompaniment. This is a great arrangement for that and you played it very well.

42. PhilzPiano You play very expressively. Your articulation is good enough so you really don’t need a lot of pedal but my own preference would have been for just a little more – sheet music indicators or not.

43. Yamaha G-3 & P-80 / Mike White You play not only well technically speaking but emotionally, which doesn’t always happen, especially with classical training, IMO. And you are wise enough to chose a sheet music arrangement of a non-classical composer that is actually pretty good. Thanks for the treat!

44. MegumiNoda You make me wish I’d practiced more as a kid. I agree, this is a very lush piece and you are up to its intricacies, but is it my imagination or could that piano use a little tuning? And what is a Chiaki?

45. Wisebuff I’ve never heard this before that I remember, but I haven’t listened to a lot of classical music in years. Even without noticing the title--I just saw the composer--it evoked a sense of reverence and the sacredness of dreams. So, if that affect isn’t doing it enough justice, would you please tell me what would?

46. ShiroKuro This was pure joy to listen to. I think you could play in a theater orchestra. What are you doing in a Beginner’s forum??? I’m not complaining, I don’t want you to go away, I’m just wondering. Thanks for your wonderful music.

47. Spidamann Not usually a big fan of new age music, especially when it’s entirely in a minor key, but you and Monica could convert me. Beautiful phrasing. Thanks.

48. Laura aka ten left thumbs I’ve played this but never at this tempo. Thank you for showing me how its done. Beautiful! I don’t know why there are so many misnomers around here but I guess since the entire forum seems to have one, its kind of an Alice in the Looking Glass world where things are the opposite of what they're called. In the real world you’d be called Ten b-right fingers.

49. Grotrianer I didn’t get bored at all. I think you’re amazingly accomplished for just 2-1/2 years (I mean to have sustained the quality of a performance of a piece like this for 8-1/2 minutes!!!!). And if you are always as careful about choosing pieces for their challenge and ability to stretch without overstretching and then rise as well to the challenge as you did with this one, I can see the reason why.

50. Bunneh - Okay, I see I’m going to have to move Germany because IME I simply don’t see us getting this quality from 2-1/2 years of studies with our teachers here. And what an unusual and wonderful piece! It so impressed me, I looked the composer up in Wikipedia—a Frenchman. God bless Europe!

Edited by Starr Keys (02/25/11 08:42 AM)

Page 13 of 14 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
96 registered (Atrys, AZNpiano, alberto, Akshay, Allard, 20 invisible), 1148 Guests and 28 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74223 Members
42 Forums
153538 Topics
2250090 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
2014 Bradshaw and Buono Piano Competition
by hsheck
Today at 01:21 AM
What is the strangest thing you have found inside a piano?
by That Tooner
Yesterday at 11:18 PM
Kawai vs Ritmuller
by cromax
Yesterday at 11:08 PM
Considering going into debt for a Steinway grand
by joonsang
Yesterday at 10:38 PM
Best Glue for Damper Pads
by JMichaelWilson
Yesterday at 10:07 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission