2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
24 members (johnesp, clothearednincompo, crab89, JohnCW, Georg Z., Joseph Fleetwood, David B, 8 invisible), 1,265 guests, and 296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 20 21
K
K
Some more from me, starting at the end. I'll end up somewhere in the middle...

49. grotrianer - Sonata in c-minor op.10, no.1: 2nd mvt. - Adagio Molto
Very enjoyable performance. Fantastic recorded sound as well. It easily held my attention for the full 8+ minutes, and it was a joy to listen to (and re-listen to). Lots to be impressed with here. Just picking one thing out, I would say that being able to play some of those really fast runs at an even piano is awesome !

50. Bunneh - Barcarolle, No. 6 from Troisième Recueil de Chants, op. 65.
Very well played, and a nice recorded sound. I saw the score for this in "Pianist" magazine a couple of years back. Now that I've heard it I'll try to dig it out, it's a nice piece. Alkan is better known for super-virtuosic pieces that only the likes of Marc-Andre Hamelin can even think about playing. Nice to know he wrote some pieces for mere mortals !

51. Hawgdriver (Leon) - Prelude in D-flat major, Op. 28 #15, 'raindrop'
I was very pleasantly surprised here, this piece is a massive undertaking after a year and a bit of playing - I was expecting to hear someone just getting through the notes. So I was impressed to find a really genuinely respectable performance of this piece. Actually, amazing. If I'd played this after a year it would have been a train-wreck ! Probably wouldn't be too pretty even now. So, bravo. A lot of hard work and talent has obviously gone into this performance.

52. bluekeys - Invention #13
Great stuff. I think the tempo is about right, I wouldn't want it any faster than that. After listening to this, I put on Andras Schiff's recording - he plays it a shade slower than your tempo.

53. custard apple - A Time for Love
Nice Jazzy stuff. I don't know the tune but it was enjoyable to listen to. It sounded like quite difficult music and it was played with assurance.

54. TTigg / Steve C - I Giorni
Nice performance of a great Einaudi piece. I like his music very much and you played it well.

55. Copper - Lullaby
Short and sweet - a very charming performance. Well done !

56. ddh - Daniel - Les lulus (The pigtails)
The opening bars echoed, in a sort of inverted way, the preceding 'Lullaby', which was nice ! A nice piece with a very modern sound, and you played it well.

57. mcasl - Hob XVI:6, Sonata in G major, 1st mov.
Nicely done. Haydn's keyboard music is wonderful. There's a lot going on here, a huge amount of material to learn, and a lot of different rhythmic patterns so well done.

58. edtek - Winter Twilight I wouldn't call that an easy piece - it certainly doesn't sound like it. Given your level of experience, that's a very impressive performance.

59. Starr Keys - Kiss from a Rose Good job on the arrangement. I don't know the original, but I like the final result.

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Here's a few comments on some of the classical pieces - more to come.

01. BenPiano - Waltz in G# Minor for Two Hands Op. 39 No. 3 Short, sweet, and well done. Loved the balance between the hands and the bits of rubato. The ending was nicely done too.

02. wouter79 - the entertainer Simplified version? Very well done for your experience level. Check the original version for the dynamics that Joplin wrote. The first repeated section, for instance, is almost terrace dynamics, alternating between p and f, something you don't do. Also I noticed accents that seemed out of place here and there.

03. Peyton - Angel Very nice Peyton. At times it almost has a Latin feel to it with the parallel thirds in the right hand. Your dynamics were great.

04. dannylux / Mel - Morgen Nicely done. Love those Richard Strauss harmonies. Ends on a 6/4 chord too - how odd. If you hadn't told me it was a song transcribed to piano I would have wondered about those repeated notes.

07. KeemaNan - A New Ground (Z. T682) I love the syncopated feel to this. Very nicely done.

09. Pianosaurus Rex / Yannick - Wiener Marsch Cool, Czerny in the ABF recital! Very clear and distinct playing.

12. John Frank - Two Waltz Medley : Waltz in B Minor & Waltz in D Major Nice job JF, and I liked the transition that you came up with.

13. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Gypsy Legend Your new acoustic piano sounds great! Loved your rubato and expressiveness in this piece.

15. Todd Vance - Waltz, in C# Minor Op. 64 #2 Great job on a difficult piece. Loved your dynamics.

Sam

Back to School at 62: How I earned a BM degree in Piano Performance/Piano Pedagogy in my retirement!
ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
Another batch:

11. Monica K. - The Meadow
This beautifully played piece is another one which I would say I did not know, yet it sounded strangely familiar. Then I looked Mr. Desplat up on the internet and saw why; I think I've seen and enjoyed almost every English Language film he's written for. Thanks for brining his work to my attention.

12. John Frank - Two Waltz Medley : Waltz in B Minor & Waltz in D Major
I suppose this is what you'd call a "mash-up", well, maybe not quite. Finely played sir, and I thought your transition was particularly well done.

13. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Gypsy Legend
Very well done, and after only one year of playing!

14. CMohr - I Should Care
Indeed, you should care! I thought you did a terrific job on this piece. Playing jazz is quite beyond me, but I love listening to it and I think you did an admirable job of attaining your goal.

15. Todd Vance - Waltz, in C# Minor Op. 64 #2
Here's one I recognized before the end of the first measure! I think you did a wonderful job on this Chopin Waltz, especially given the amount of time you’ve been playing.

16. Joangolfing - Sonata E Major Op.14 No.1 AllegrettoBeautifully played as always Joan. Your sforzandos and pianos sounded just fine to me. smile

17. Inlanding - Glen - Medley of Three
I really liked the feel your playing has on this piece. Very enjoyable to listen to!

18. Ken. - Monk Medley - Misterioso & Bye-ya
Hey great, a Thelonious Monk selection! I need to get me that book. You did a wonderful job on this, I especially liked the second half.

19. Mateusz 'Mati' Papiernik - Odin Sphere no Theme
Twenty years ago, who'd have ever thought that music written for computer games would ever be something worth playing. It sure is now and that was a truly lovely example. The fact that you learned it in 3 days, well that just makes me sick. laugh

20. True Beginner - Winter Serenade
I'll forgive you for submitting a month old piece, especially since it was such a pretty little piece and so well played.

Undone

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
M
M
01. BenPiano - Waltz in G# Minor for Two Hands Op. 39 No. 3

I felt like I was right there at a recital, Great performance.

02. wouter79 - the entertainer

Nicely Played had my foot tapping

03. Peyton – Angel

I’m lying in a meadow looking at the sky.

04. dannylux / Mel – Morgen

Just before your piece started playing I was wound up about something I was trying to get into the computer. While it was playing, It calmed down my nerves

05. Sam Smith - Song Without Words Opus 19 #1

I like this one, going on my future to do list, sounded great.

06. cgyan (Iain) – Aria

Very soothing, love those chords you played

07. KeemaNan - A New Ground (Z. T682)

I felt like I was right there at a recital, Great performance.

08. Mr Super Hunky - The great gig in the sky

Concert playing, you just keep banging.

09. Pianosaurus Rex / Yannick - Wiener Marsch

My first feeling that came to me was I felt like I was on a merry go round, fun. Good job.

10. CarlosCC - I Due Fiumi

Bravo, wish I was good enough to tackle some of his pieces

I loved this one, you own it and are married to that piece.

I liked it, very entertaining

MORE TO COME

"Music is the shorthand of emotion."
Leo Tolstoy
[Linked Image]
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
2. wouter79 - The Entertainer This was my first recital piece, and brought my favorite comment of all time - "kind of sloppy octaves" laugh . It was true. I've since, in the right hand, made most of them into 6ths. This was a faster tempo than I can manage in the full version, but nice. You did a good job of keeping the rhythm going. The recording had a little echo to it on my computer but it actually added a good flavor.

33. LisztAddict - Prelude Lovely. It helped put space into kind of a frantic morning smile

30. paquijote - Invention There's always room for Bach. I loved it - light and lively.

Cathy

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
K
K
A very enjoyable performance of a nice piece of music. It reminds me of something else, but I can't put my finger on what... Sounds fairly demanding, a good workout for the left hand, and lots of octaves in the right.

Very nice. The Schubert waltz I know, Maykapar is new to me. Nicely spliced together and well played.

Great performance of a very nice piece. It definitely has that Gypsy feel to it. Plenty of work for both hands in this one, so well done.

Really nice cocktail-style playing. Very accomplished and assured. All it needs to go with it is a nice dry martini.

Wow, impressive. That's a tough piece, so tackling that after 2.5y + 20y gap + 2y is amazing. You pulled it off too, well done.

16. Joangolfing - Sonata E Major Op.14 No.1 Allegretto
This is another Beethoven sonata movement that is new to me, and I liked it. Seems there's a lot of material in there, and a lot of it tricky, so you did a great job.

Enjoyed the three contrasting styles, all played beautifully. I particularly liked the middle of the three, which was very bluesy and very much to my taste.

Very nice. Particularly liked the second half, which was characteristically be-bop, which you clearly have a good feel for.

Interesting piece, quite dramatic. Very well played and very impressive from a standing start in 3 days !

Very nice composition. It has a sort of bittersweet, slighltly melancholy feel to it.

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member
Round two!
I am so much enjoying these performances. There is such a wide range of what everyone is able to do, and so many different musical tastes - I'm terribly impressed with everyone, learning about new composers and hearing new pieces.... not to mention totally inspired by what a bunch of adult beginners can do!

Thanks to everyone who has been so kind as to give me feedback, I appreciate every single word, and I will write a proper thank you note when I finish listening and giving my appreciation to all.

Here we go!
15Todd Vance Waltz This is one I've heard before - whew... I was getting tired of 'fessing up to my ignorance! I personally have a terrible time doing the 1-2-3- in the left hand and something different in the right, so you impressed me there - I thought you did a lovely job! It was graceful and relaxing to listen to!

16 Joangolfing Beethoven Sonata E Major - I think you were very successful with your crescendos and diminuendos - good for you. For a piece in a major key it still has a minor-ish feel to it in the first part. The second part sounded less "triste", very gentle and it flowed very nicely.

17 Inlanding Melody of Three - Glen, what can I say ? I never tire of hearing your work - I love the voice of your piano - I'm sure that I could pick it out of a crowd by now smile I listen to your music and feel transported to smokey bars (but somehow the smoke is cyber smoke because it doesn't get in my eyes)... I see black and white photo montages, and think .....this should be in a film. My compliments, you make beautiful music.

18 Ken Monk Medley - my husband is a big Monk fan, so I've heard a fair amount of his work. Nice job indeed! You really caught the right sound and feel.

19 Mateusz 'Mati' Papiernik Odin Sphere no Theme - a computer game you say? and you figured it out for your friend? That's very nifty. Good for you! It is a very pretty piece of music.

20 True Beginner Winter Serenade Original - Most interesting! - Lovely - seems to me that this piece would lend itself well to having lyrics. Winter Serenate....snowflakes, skating on the canal, perhaps in the moonlight. I truly enjoyed listening to this piece.

21 Riddler (Ed) Dolphin Dance.... this is a very nice piece but I don't hear the dolphins dancing....I would like to go dancing to it myself though!

22 Martin JB Reflections EM- Congratulations on your first recital! Pedals, octaves you say? Well done! This is a peaceful piece, very delicately played. Nice touch you've got on they keys. Compliments!

23 Hoffy Minuet In G Major (BWV Anh. 114 - by old what's his name,......) I have loved this piece for YEARS. I never tire of hearing it being played and I think you did a great job. You brought a smile to me today. Thank you.

24 LaValse - Scriabin Prelude Op 11, no 4 I haven't heard too much Scriabin, but I did enjoy this. Lots of interesting bits to listen for, nicely dine indeed.

25 jazzwee All the things you are. As you probably already know, I'm not a huge jazz fan, but I did like the tempo of your piece and its "bounciness" I found myself tapping my toes and nodding my head as I listened.... It was enjoyable!

26 wj3 Country Roads -- Ah, and old favourite - I play this on my guitar but haven't gotten around to really giving it a shot on the piano. I sang along with your piece smile Good fun!

27 Bill - Mr. President I just love that you sing with all your performances - This piece was great - loved the piano - great musical power booming out there, and loved the singing - you reminded me a bit of Elvis in a couple of spots.

28 Strings & Wood Schumann Op 68 n. 16. This is one of those pieces that sounds deceptively simple. You make it sound easy. Very smooth and soothing.

29 Serge 88 This is your song. I had the head phones on but wasn't sure what was coming next - how splendid to hear such an old familiar friend singing out. You did a super job on this. I had a great walk down memory lane. My compliments! and Thanks for the treat!

30 paquijote Invention 7 in Em - JS Bach. I hear you on not wanting to keep on doing takes! This is my kind of music - loved the polyphony, I think you did a super job.You've been playing about 2 years? I feel positively inspired!!! Brava,Brava!!!

31 Augustina Somewhere Out There Your piece was pretty and charming (with your signature page turning sound effects smile -- but there was a really strange background noise on the recording, which is unfortunate. You played very well ...I even had some vague recollections of having seen the film and wistful little mice (?) singing.

eidted to add: it was a plane? Sounded like something in the equipment to me.... oh well, it was ..an added dimension of rubato!

Last edited by casinitaly; 02/16/11 02:12 PM.

[Linked Image]
18 ABF Recitals, Order of the Red Dot
European Piano Parties - Brussels, Lisbon, Lucern, Milan, Malaga, St. Goar
Themed recitals: Grieg and Great American Songbook

8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
07. KeemaNan - A New Ground (Z. T682) wonderful!!! Made me want to play it. Very enjoyable to listen to.

08. Mr Super Hunky - The great gig in the sky (cover) wonderful as always. Nice to
listen to. I have to admit that I don't know the original, but your playing carried the music so nicely that I didn't need to know the original.

09. Pianosaurus Rex / Yannick - Wiener Marsch great job!! It sounds like you really enjoyed playing this and that made me enjoy listening to it all the more! I suspect this has many technical challenges, but you made it sound easy, which I think is especially important.

10. CarlosCC - I Due Fiumi your Einaudi was wonderful!! Very peaceful and calming to listen to. Thank you for sharing this recording -- and making me that much more convinced I need to add Einaudi to my repertoire!!

12. John Frank - Two Waltz Medley : Waltz in B Minor & Waltz in D Major I definitely agree about the waltz in a minor key! I am not familiar with either of these pieces, but I really enjoyed them both. And a very nice transition. Great job!!

13. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Gypsy Legend This is another piece I am not familiar with, but you did a very nice job! I look forward to your next recital submission!

14. CMohr - I Should Care Ooh, very nice!! You definitely are doing a great job of having interesting harmony without losing the melody. I'm jeaous, I wish I could play from a lead sheet! Really very very nice!!

15. Todd Vance - Waltz, in C# Minor Op. 64 #2 I can never hear too much Chopin! Very nice, especially considering you're working on this without a teacher. I really enjoyed hearing your performance. And, I notice we have the same piano! laugh

16. Joangolfing - Sonata E Major Op.14 No.1 Allegretto Very nice performance! This is a piece I am not as familiar with as some other Beethoven, but I really enjoyed your performance of it.

Monica, I knew I recognized that piece somewhere! Twilight! Good grief, my brain just doesn't always cooperate.

Ok, my lunch break is over. I have really been enjoying spending it with all this wonderful music!

Started piano June 1999.
Proud owner of a Yamaha C2

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
Oh for heaven's sake! I was just scrolling through the streaming thingy to see if there were more pieces I recognized and whether I had the score for anybody's performance. I scrolled down and saw "Sunburst" and thought "oh wow, someone played the same piece as me, what a coincidence, considering it's originally a guitar piece."

Umm, duh, that's me, there. Hello??

Ok, now that I am a little more awake after my own stupidity, my lunch break really is over... grin

Started piano June 1999.
Proud owner of a Yamaha C2

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
M
M

Nicely done, you had the feel.

Wow, I like it, good one.

Excellent job, another great entertaining piece.

16. Joangolfing - Sonata E Major Op.14 No.1 Allegretto

Don’t take this as a bad comment, but this one made me feel like I was doomed to be assimilated by the Borg Collective (Star Trek reference). I hope this was the feeling the piece was trying to convey.

Nice playing, three cheers for you.

Play this one, twice. I like it. The second part reminded me of playing the old Mario Bros video game, entertaining.

Now I like the one a lot, nice run.

Very, nice. I feel cold now.

21. Riddler (Ed) - Dolphin Dance

Nice and Jazzy, I like it.

22. MartinJB / martin - Reflections Em

I’m reading that a lot of people were entertained; I’ve done my job well. I’m happy.

23. hoffy - Minuet In G Major (BWV Anh. 114 - come on, you all know it!)

Very nice, I was going to try and play this, had to shelve it.

24. LaValse - Prelude Op 11 No 4

Love this one, good job.

STILL MORE TO COME

Leo Tolstoy
[Linked Image]
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
13 Casinitaly - Gypsy Legend, Kalman Chovan
I don't think I've heard this one before. A fun little piece, that. Well done, Cheryl.

14 CMohr - I Should Care, Sammy Cahn, Axel Stordahl & Paul Weston
I remember watching an interview show on CNN many years ago where Sammy Cahn talked about his music and played and sang some of them. Wish I had that on DVD. Having gone off on a bit of a tangent, this is a really nice version of this song, Yes, I like the ending you used. It fits the mood of the song perfectly.

15 Todd Vance - Waltz, in C# Minor Op. 64 #2, Chopin
This is a difficult waltz. I doubt I could play it as well as you do. This is overall quite satisfying with good dynamics and a nice touch.

16 Joangolfing - Sonata E Major Op.14 No.1 Allegretto, Beethoven
A bit slower than one usually hears this piece, but overall quite satisfying musically. You have great control and your dynamics are flawless.

17 Inlanding - Glen - Medley of Three, Golson, Glen
Fabulous job on Clifford. The second piece has a fun bluesy swing to it. Quite nice. The third is more atmospheric. I quite enjoyed all three.

18 Ken. - Monk Medley, T. Monk
I am familiar with Monk, and I like what you've done with Bye-Ya. I never cared much for Mysterioso, but you played it nicely as well.

19 Mateusz 'Mati' Papiernik - Odin Sphere no Theme, Hitoshi Sakimoto
Three days, huh? Amazing what love can do. Nice job. I don't know the piece, but it sounds quite nice - tremendous dynamic range. I'm sure your friend is pleased.

20 True Beginner - Winter Serenade, T. Beginner
Nice theme. Sounds like it could be the soundtrack for a film. Quite enjoyable.

21 Riddler (Ed) - Dolphin Dance, Herbie Hancock
I've never thought of this piece as atonal, just beautiful. I really don't care for atonal music, but I do like this. Nice job, Ed. Too darn short, though.

22 Martin JB - Reflections Em
A nice performance, Martin. Your piece fits right in with True Beginner's in terms of mood. Well done.

23 hoffy - Minuet In G Major, Petzold
Yes, this piece is played by many. It is still beautiful, though. You played it quite nicely.

24 LaValse - Prelude Op 11 No 4, Scriabin
Well played. For some reason the recording quality is lacking, though which I found somewhat distracting. One doesn't expect that level of hiss from the Edirol normally. At any rate, I like your dynamics on the piece, and I think you handle the polyphony quite well.

25 Jazzwee = All The Things You Are, Jerome Kern
Nice improv. I prefer to hear more of the original melody along with the improvisation, but that's my problem. I'm a bit of a "square" as they used to say. Nicely done.

26 wj3 / Walt - Take Me Home Country Roads, Bill Danoff, Tally Nivert and John Denver
One of the few Denver songs I liked, this one has been recorded by just about everyone. Nice job. I enjoyed it.

27 BillM - Mr. President (have pity on the working man), Randy Newman
Bill, you really captured the feeling of Newman's original performance with this one. Great job.

28 Strings & Wood - Op. 68, No. 16 (Erster Verlust), Robert Schumann
Beautiful performance. However many takes it took were well worth the effort. Hmm . . . outtakes . . . could be fun.

29 serge88 - Your Song, Elton John
Is there a more prolific composer of hits than John? I've always enjoyed this song, and your version does not disappoint. Wonderful.

30 paquijote - Invention No. 7 in E minor, Bach
You were brave to tackle Bach inventions after only two years. This really isn't as bad as you think. I enjoyed listening.

31 Augustina - Somewhere Out There, James Horner
Yes, I hear the plane. I really like this piece, and have played it often. It's not easy, as you know. Nice job. You need the Super Hunky patented giant piece of cardboard to which you tape the photocopied sheets - no page turning needed. He posted a pic once. It looks like crap, but it works. Seriously, I nearly always photocopy enough pages that I don't have to mess with page turns. I can't memorize for crap.

Later, gators . . .

Last edited by TX-Dennis; 02/16/11 02:27 PM. Reason: teakin frypos

Dennis
[Linked Image]
flickr

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
53. custard apple - A Time for Love - A superb quality recording and a beautifully played jazz piece - well done!

52. bluekeys - Invention #13 - You're brave to tackle these inventions - they're real tough! I didn't know #13, but the melody is easily recognizable. Well done with this one!

51. Hawgdriver (Leon) - Prelude in D-flat major, Op. 28 #15, 'raindrop' - Very well played. Incredible for such a short period of time!

50. Bunneh - Barcarolle, No. 6 from Troisime Recueil de Chants, op. 65. - You're right, this is a beautiful piece. I would give critique, but I have nothing to offer since it's played well as it is!

Learning to play since June 2009.
My piano diary on You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/afpaSTU1096
[Linked Image] <- 10+ ABF recitals
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
#34.-Mohan Karthik- Sweet composition! I like how it builds. (Nice shot on youtube too...)

#35. Lady Payne- Very nice. I know you probably didn't intend it but the recording quality almost makes it sounds really old (fitting for the piece). Almost like something you would hear on a Ken Burns special. smile

#37. Farm Girl- Hey, you may not like it but you did a heck of a job playing it. I love the build up at the beginning. I left a comment on your youtube.

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Performances 11-20.

11. Monica K. - The Meadow I love listening to your performances Monica as they are always so predictably beautiful. The "A" sounds incredible as always too. Sometimes I wonder if I should have kept my "A" as the "BB" is just SO powerful. Very nice as always.

12. John Frank - Two Waltz Medley : Waltz in B Minor & Waltz in D Major John this is one if not your best "technical" performance yet. Everything was done just right. Tempo, dynamics, even the recording was spot on. Very enjoyable to listen to.

13. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Gypsy Legend Cheryl you are exactly where you should be for your ability level. Very nice performance but I would love to hear you performance this same tune using flowing arpeggios in the left hand as it would really fill it out. I'm sure you have the ability to do it as well and the end result would sound fantastic. Keep up the good work and progress.

14. CMohr - I Should Care I'm not sure how to start off your review as while I'm listening to your piece I am comfortably being relaxed listening to the soothing music. Very enjoyable and performed in a very relaxed soothing manner.

15. Todd Vance - Waltz, in C# Minor Op. 64 #2 Todd that was a very nice performance of an equally beautiful piece. You did everything right! I couldn't find a single flaw. Just perfect.

16. Joangolfing - Sonata E Major Op.14 No.1 Allegretto Well I'm not familiar with this piece but I can certainly appreciate how well you performed it. A very delicate and emotional performance.

17. Inlanding - Glen - Medley of Three Glen the first piece certainly had a soft "swanky" feel about it. Beautiful relaxing music I could listen to all night. I liked the fancy improvised endings the best I think. I love that stuff.

18. Ken. - Monk Medley - Misterioso & Bye-ya Okay that was interesting, unique even. You certainly kept my attention with the piece going to many different places. Very nice job.

19. Mateusz 'Mati' Papiernik - Odin Sphere no Theme Mati, this was simply an outstanding performance. It reminded me of another video game composer Nobue Umatsu which I'm sure you are familiar with. If this beautiful tune doesn't get the girlie then nothing will. Your playing is simply great! Loved it.

20. True Beginner - Winter Serenade Another beautiful performances I thoroughly enjoyed. Wow, what a lovely piece and your playing made it stand out even further. Very dramatic melodies and execution of them.

M
M
25. Jazzwee - All the Things You Are

You played like your name, Jazzy performace.

26. wj3 / Walt - Take me home country roads

Very nice, I’m headin home.

27. BillM (formerly b528nf7) - Mr. President (have pity on the working man)

Wow, singing and playing at the same time. I was very much entertained. And BTW, Mister P. cut a guy a break.

28. Strings & Wood - Op. 68, No. 16 (Erster Verlust)

Very nice, I like it.

29. serge88 - Your Song

Concert quality, excellent job. Hey, where did he go?

30. paquijote - Invention No. 7 in E minor - J.S. Bach

Wow, that sounded difficult, those fingers really had a work out.

31. Augustina - Somewhere Out There from an American Tail

I like this, tune. Horner is one of my favorites. He composed some of the greatest sound tracks. Good job.

32. Undone - Toccata in D minor

Gave me the chills, great playing.

33. LisztAddict - Prelude in b minor

I loved this one, excellent performance. I defiantly have to find me something in this key.

34. Mohan Karthik - So far away

Wow, someone could use that for an ending sound track for a movie.

35. ladypayne - Nearer My God to Thee

Praise the lord, good job.

36. MaryBee - Sheep May Safely Graze

That was very good, I enjoyed it.

AND STILL MORE TO COME BUT AFTER A BRIEF INTERMISSION. I'M HUNGRY

Last edited by MartinJB; 02/16/11 03:19 PM.

Leo Tolstoy
[Linked Image]

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by mr_super-hunky
The "A" sounds incredible as always too. Sometimes I wonder if I should have kept my "A" as the "BB" is just SO powerful.

Well, heck, let's just swap 'em, then. ha

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Having the "WEEK FROM heck" so I got off to a late start commenting on everyone's contribution. I am grateful for the opportunity to "chillax" for a bit. I am blown away by what every one has done so far.

1. Benpiano: AMAZING (as usual). Your dynamics in this piece are very good. You continue to inspire me to try harder. I put this piece on my "I want to play it some day" list. Just beautiful.

2. Wouter: I really enjoyed this. You played it with great "spunk."

3. Peyton: You brought some peaceful relaxation to my otherwise hectic day. Wonderful composition, beautifully played.

4. Dannylux: I really enjoyed this piece. Really nice smooth playing.

5. Sam Smith: This is one of my favorite Songs without words. Played very soulfully.

6. Cgyan: UNBELIEVABLE!!! What amazing progress you have made in 11 months. The music flowed very beautifully.

7. Keemanan: I loved your ornamentations. I love Purcell too. I played a piece of his as my very first non-method book so I have a soft spot in my heart for him. Beautifully done.

8. Mr. SuperH: This was really great. You pleased my 14 year old son with this too. I had him ID the piece and he got it right away (he and my husband are huge Pink Floyd fans).

9. P Rex: Really beautiful smooth scales in this piece. I really like Czerny compositions. It was a delight to listen.

Christine

[Linked Image]
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Some more comments - skipping around - more to come.

16. Joangolfing - Sonata E Major Op.14 No.1 Allegretto An excellent job on a difficult piece. I hope to do this someday. Did you notice the measure before the "maggiore" section? The high e which is held? Beethoven wrote crescendo under it. Impossible to do on the piano, of course, but that's Beethoven. You could always lift your left hand up in the air and conduct a crescendo there since you can't do it with the piano!

23. hoffy - Minuet In G Major (BWV Anh. 114 - come on, you all know it!) You're off to a great start back at the piano. Loved the ornaments and the staccato notes.

24. LaValse - Prelude Op 11 No 4 Great dynamics. It sounds so difficult...

28. Strings & Wood - Op. 68, No. 16 (Erster Verlust) So clear and understandable. Nice use of the pedal (or absence of pedal) and contrast with the legato and detached chords.

30. paquijote - Invention No. 7 in E minor - J.S. Bach Nice trills! I always shied away from this one because of the trills. I liked your tempo too - Glenn Gould plays this in less than a minute...

31. Augustina - Somewhere Out There from an American Tail (to do)

32. Undone - Toccata in D minor It is a little odd to listen to this on piano after hearing it in so many B horror movies on the organ. I think it would sound better with the sustain of an organ on those sustained chords. You did a great job with it - I can imagine how hard it must be.

33. LisztAddict - Prelude in b minor Great touch! I really want to do this someday. Absolutely gorgeous.

38. Andy Platt - Mozart Sonata in C (K545) Movement 2 - Andante Mozart is so tough to pull off convincingly, but I think you did it. Nice touch, and contrast with the legato and detached parts.

39. Sideshow/Edwin - Prelude - BWV935 What are you talking about - the trills were great and the accents not that noticeable. I think they helped to make sense of the piece, especially for those not familiar with it. Great job.

42. PhilzPiano - Prelude in E minor Op. 28 No. 4 Great job for only 18 months. A little pedal in this, even though it's not marked, would help it - it's ultimately up to you and the way you think it should sound.

44. MegumiNoda - Intermezzo Op. 118 No. 2 A great job on a difficult piece - you brought out the melody lines very well.

45. Wisebuff - In Church Op 39 No 24 Thanks for playing this - I don't think I have ever heard it. You did a great job building the dynamics up and down. Your pp was impressive.

48. Laura aka ten left thumbs - Moonlight Sonata, Op 27 no 2, 1st movement Who wants perfect? You captured the mood of it and that's what important. Great job.

Sam

Back to School at 62: How I earned a BM degree in Piano Performance/Piano Pedagogy in my retirement!
ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
M
M
For lunch was a turkey sandwich with Chip Ahoy cookies For those that were wondering wink. Now back to the world recital

37. FarmGirl - A Christmas Overture

Wow, I’m at my next employee Christmas luncheon and in the background you’re playing this.

38. Andy Platt - Mozart Sonata in C (K545) Movement 2 - Andante

Another enjoyable performance.

39. Sideshow/Edwin - Prelude - BWV935

If it was dance, it sounded like a great dance to me, I enjoyed it

40. GlassLove (Christine) - Song of India (arranged)

Good job, I like that one.

41. jotur/Cathy Turner - Amazing Grace

Now that arrangement to me is better than the one in the Alfred’s AIO. Beautiful performance.

42. PhilzPiano - Prelude in E minor Op. 28 No. 4

Good job, I’d look forward to hearing you play this again.

43. Yamaha G-3 & P-80 / Mike WHite - Milonga del angel

Very nice, good one.

44. MegumiNoda - Intermezzo Op. 118 No. 2

Wow, Very, very good.

45. Wisebuff - In Church Op 39 No 24

Good job, I’ve heard a few pieces of Tchaikovsky sound like he can be one of my favorites

46. ShiroKuro - Sunburst

It’s raining out here, and I swear I can see the sun now. You pulled it off nicely. Thank you.

47. spidaman - A moment lost

Your playing that made me reflect on a lot of memories. Well done.

48. Laura aka ten left thumbs - Moonlight Sonata, Op 27 no 2, 1st movement

One I’m familiar with, great job.

AND THE LAST IS YET TO COME

Leo Tolstoy
[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
49. grotrianer - Sonata in c-minor op.10, no.1: 2nd mvt. - Adagio Molto - wow, that's a monster. I didn't get bored with it at all, but I can only imagine the stress induced by the length of concentration required to perform or record this. It's a beautiful piece of music and I enjoyed it a lot!

48. Laura aka ten left thumbs - Moonlight Sonata, Op 27 no 2, 1st movement - Well done on a classical standard!

47. spidaman - A moment lost - I'm not familiar with this one but it sounded great!

46. ShiroKuro - Sunburst - That was a neat piece. I could hear the guitar influence for sure. It sounds difficult on piano, but perhaps a bit easier on the guitar since it was written for it. Very enjoyable, thanks for sharing!

Learning to play since June 2009.
My piano diary on You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/afpaSTU1096
[Linked Image] <- 10+ ABF recitals
Page 5 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 20 21

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,164
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission