Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) End Stage Fright
End Stage Fright
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 5 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#1621663 - 02/16/11 08:29 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: Andy Platt]
MartinJB Offline

Loc: Southern California
Andy,

Oh, I forgot about that laugh

(ads P/S)
Petrof Pianos

piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#1621664 - 02/16/11 08:32 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: Andy Platt]
CMohr Offline

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012

Loc: Oregon
Hey all!
I just finished watching the videos from the recital. I have to tell you how great they all are. In particular, Hawgdriver- I really liked the B&W video, nice touch. And TTigg-What a great video! I love all the San Francisco photos in there. My husband went to school there (a long time ago)and we are so familiar with all those places! Thanks for bringing back some great memories along with your beautiful music.
LaValse-I don't know if it's just me, but I thought the sound on your video was much better than just the audio here, and I loved watching you play the Scriabin!

#1621666 - 02/16/11 08:43 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Strings & Wood Offline

Gold member until Dec. 2012

Loc: USA
04. dannylux / Mel - Morgen
Thanks Mel, for the background, a lovely piece indeed. I enjoyed it much.

05. Sam Smith - Song Without Words Opus 19 #1
Nice job of delivering the melody note Sam. The hesitations and bobbles were there, but overall I think the musicality of your piano playing keeps getting better with each recital. I enjoyed listening.

06. cgyan (Iain) - Aria

Outstanding playing cgyan.

Schimmel K213 NWS

#1621670 - 02/16/11 08:57 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: CMohr]
hawgdriver Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: CMohr
LaValse-I don't know if it's just me, but I thought the sound on your video was much better than just the audio here, and I loved watching you play the Scriabin!

I agree, the video offers much better audio quality, but there is one thing terribly wrong--someone stole the rest of his Op. 9/1 nocturne!! Put out an APB, we need to get it back! wink I'm tremendously impressed with the playing, this is where I hope to arrive one day.

#1621692 - 02/16/11 09:30 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Peyton Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maine
#58. edtec- Six months well spent. Yea, it is a shame the recording quality was not better but it was good enough to still appreciate your playing. Well done!!

#52. Bluekeys- Hey the way you described it I was not ready for something so nicely played. If you ask me I wouldn't be too concerned with getting it up to 100.. It's quality over quantity and you played it wonderfully. I listened to it on youtube)

#50- Bunneh- I enjoyed that greatly. It had a bit of a dreamy quality. Very smoothly played.

#48- Laura- I can never get enough of the Moonlight. You played it with just the right amount of feeling.

#46- Shiro- Wow, very interesting piece. It sounds really tough to play but you are having fun.

#43. Mike White- Another very interesting piece. I really enjoyed your playing....

#1621732 - 02/16/11 10:27 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
ShiroKuro Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: not in Japan anymore
17. Inlanding - Glen - Medley of Three Very nice! Wonderful to listen to. Your "free-play" is so very nicely put together, and the ideas fit well. It sounds like you had fun playing them too, which makes it fun for the listener. I think I like the middle one best.

20. True Beginner - Winter Serenade Great job! (Is it just me, or are there more original compositions with each recital? Or does my jealousy make it just seem that way?)

#1621735 - 02/16/11 10:31 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
BillM Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maryland
39. Sideshow/Edwin - Prelude - BWV935
I was surprised at how good this sounded after reading your “I hate my …" comments on the submission page. You play very well.

40. GlassLove (Christine) - Song of India (arranged)
This is a very cool arrangement. I’ve only heard the Tommy Dorsey version of this and was expecting something much more uptempo. I like your rendition a lot.

41. jotur/Cathy Turner - Amazing Grace
This song always reminds me of the scene in Coal Miner’s Daughter where the men are standing around the fire outside drinking while the women sing this song in the cabin after Loretta’s father’s death. A powerful and moving song that you played with just the right amount of reverence and restraint. Very cool tempo change at the end. Nice
Piano Vocals of Old Guy Tunes

#1621742 - 02/16/11 10:44 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
ShiroKuro Offline
3000 Post Club Member

22. MartinJB / martin - Reflections Em I really enjoyed your performance! A wonderful recital debut! By the way, I love Em smile

23. hoffy - Minuet In G Major (BWV Anh. 114 - come on, you all know it!) Great job, and another wonderful first-recital submission! This is one the first pieces I remember learning to play-- as an adult! So listening to your performance brought back many nice memories! Thank you for sharing your recording!

25. Jazzwee - All the Things You Are I really enjoyed this recording, and I am definitely getting some jazz-envy this recital. smile Great job!

28. Strings & Wood - Op. 68, No. 16 (Erster Verlust) Nice job! I am not familiar with this piece, but I enjoyed listening to it!

29. serge88 - Your Song This is one of my favorite Elton John songs, so I was excited to hear your version of it. And indeed, you don't disappoint!

Random comment-- anybody else notice the folks who have a number in experience but don't say what the number is? 2? 2 months? 2 years? grin

Random comment 2 -- doing a recording and submitting it is like taking a test, you don't *really* know the material until after the test! I've been playing my piece so much better these last few days, now that I'm done recording! :p

#1621748 - 02/16/11 10:50 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
ShiroKuro Offline
3000 Post Club Member

P.S. Thank you sooo much to everyone who has commented on my piece so far: Inlanding, Andy Platt, CMohr, Hawgdriver, MartinJB, BenPiano, Peyton, I really appreciate it! I am planning on playing this piece on Saturday at my teacher's studio class, so I will keep all of your positive remarks in my head and hopefully stave off some of the jitters!!

(Stave?? is that a word??)

#1621752 - 02/16/11 11:02 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: ShiroKuro]
Andy Platt Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Virginia, USA
Originally Posted By: ShiroKuro
(Stave?? is that a word??)

Yes ... and a pun too since stave is a (chiefly British) alternative form of staff!

Kawai K3

#1621781 - 02/17/11 12:04 AM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
TX-Dennis Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Texas
32 Undone - Toccata in D minor, Bach
A beautiful piece, and you have played it very nicely with good dynamics and touch (within the limitations of the digital). Quite a satisfying performance overall.

33 LisztAddict - Prelude in B minor, Bach/Siloti
Satisfaction guaranteed. This is perfect. What a wonderful touch you have. This is not my favorite piece, but I haven't heard it played better.

34 Mohan Karthik - So Far Away, Karthik
I can hear the references to your inspirational pieces, but it's definitely not a copycat piece. I love the way you build to a crashing tension level and then the quiet resolution. Nice indeed.

35 ladypayne - Nearer My God to Thee, Sarah Flower Adams
Nice arrangement. I particularly like the second chorus. A beautiful rendition of a beloved hymn.

36 MaryBee - Sheep May Safely Graze, Bach/Petri
One of my favorite Bach cantatas. You play it divinely. Thanks for the link to the Emma Kirkby performance. It is amazing.

37 FarmGirl - A Christmas Overture
Debra, you know I like this from my earlier comments in the piano bar. I continue to be impressed upon revisiting it. A supremely challenging (and long) piece. You play it beautifully with nice dynamics and touch.

38 Andy Platt - Mozart Sonata in C (K545) Movement 2 - Andante
Perfection is asking a lot with Mozart, Andy. This performance is musically satisfying and well done.

39 Sideshow/Edwin - Prelude - BWV935, Bach
Edwin, you're too hard on yourself. A trill or two could use some work, yes, but hate is too strong a word. This is a musical performance and the dance-like accents, though unconventional, seem to work for me.

40 GlassLove (Christine) - Song of India, Rimsky-Korsakov
I enjoyed your performance. Very nice.

41 jotur/Cathy Turner - Amazing Grace
Cathy, believe it or not, Amazing Grace was to have been my piece for this recital as well. I like this arrangement by Joe, although it's not the one I was working on. You kept a nice steady rhythm throughout the piece. I found myself singing along. Wonderful job.

42 PhilzPiano - Prelude in E minor Op. 28 No. 4, Chopin
Phil, that voice makes your Casio sound amazing. I hate the sound of mine. You have the dynamics of this piece spot on. An amazing accomplishment at 18 months of experience.

43 Yamaha G-3 & P-80 / Mike WHite - Milonga del angel, Astor Piazzola
I always enjoy Latin dance pieces. This is no exception. Well done, Mike. It sounds quite difficult to play well.

44 MegumiNoda - Intermezzo Op. 118 No. 2, Brahms
I agree with you. The piece is quite beautiful. Chiaki is right, too, though. It is sentimental, and there are a lot of different themes here. Fortunately, I like sentimental pieces. Nice performance.

45 Wisebuff - In Church Op 39 No 24, Tchaichovsky
This is beautiful. You've done more than just overcome performance anxiety. You have a wonderful touch, and you play this with dynamics and feeling. Why do I always think "wisebutt" when I see your name, though? A personal failing of mine, no doubt.

46 ShiroKuro - Sunburst, Andrew York
What an interesting and fun piece. I haven't heard this before. It sounds incredibly challenging to play well. Beautiful performance.

47 spidaman - A Moment Lost, David Nevue
I am unfamiliar with the piece, but it sounds very "Nevueesque". I guess that means you got it right. Very soothing.

48 Laura aka ten left thumbs - Moonlight Sonata, Op 27 no 2, 1st movement, Beethoven
Those rhythms are tricky, Laura, but I think your main issue is that you are rushing the piece. The music needs to breathe a bit. Slow down just a little. Most performances of this movement are something over five minutes as opposed to your 4. Overall well done, just a bit on the speedy side.

I shall listen to the rest tomorrow . . .

Edited by TX-Dennis (02/17/11 12:10 AM)

flickr

#1621839 - 02/17/11 02:34 AM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
jazzwee Online   content
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: So. California
Here's a bunch from the top and a bunch from the bottom. Will work on the middle area next.

01. BenPiano - Waltz in G# Minor for Two Hands Op. 39 No. 3
Nice BenPiano. Not bad at all for 1.5 years of piano.

02. wouter79 - the entertainer
Very impressive playing for one year. Very even and nice tone. And yes dare we comment on the recording itself? Definitely good range even on my earphones.

03. Peyton - Angel
Nice soulfull rendition Peyton! Your originals do come from the soul and we can sense it. BTW I was about to say the piano needs tuning smile And then I read the reference. LOL. I guess you knew what we were going to say. I didn't have a problem with the low register but my confusion was more rhythmic. Perhaps you could make that more consistent. As always such excellent piano playing.

Very enjoyable Dannylux! Nice playing.

Good playing sam Smith. The recording seems quite compressed though so that USB mic isn't the best here. I'm sure I would have heard even more wonderful nuances.

06. cgyan (Iain) - Aria
Iain, you have a nice rhythmic feel. That sounds really good.

07. KeemaNan - A New Ground (Z. T682)
You played it well KeemaNan. I think though that it's either the digital or a little heaviness in the touch that lends a harsh piano sound. Maybe adjust the piano touch to heavy?

08. Mr Super Hunky - The great gig in the sky (cover)
Nice tune SH. Recording's too harsh though somehow. Clipping? I sound like Wouter now. But usually your recordings are just perfect.

09. Pianosaurus Rex / Yannick - Wiener Marsch
Hey I recognize that keyboard sound. Sounds a lot like my FP7F. Not bad playing. Good job for 13 months. Maybe lighten up a little on those chords.

10. CarlosCC - I Due Fiumi
That's pretty solid playing there CarlosCC. You've been working hard and it shows.

11. Monica K. - The Meadow
Very nice piano touch Monica. You're really getting there. Even your pedal is perfect. Piano sounds great.

12. John Frank - Two Waltz Medley : Waltz in B Minor & Waltz in D Major
Sounds pretty solid John. Good work. Maybe a little lighter LH Chords would bring it up a notch. You already accomplish a good LH balance at times so I bet you could do it if you're aware.

13. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Gypsy Legend
You're really developing very quickly Cheryl. Tone is really good. I thought perhaps all the time on the forums would take up practice time. But apparently not. Nice job.

14. CMohr - I Should Care
You sound like Bill Evans doing solo piano. What a nice touch on those chords. Really great voicings and really solid arpeggios there. Not cocktail sound at all. Sounds like jazz. I don't think many appreciate that you're coming up with these yourself so your teacher is doing a great job. Certainly one of the best performances I've heard so far in the recital.

15. Todd Vance - Waltz, in C# Minor Op. 64 #2
Good work Todd. Nice piece. Just some more evenness to work on there and maybe a lighter touch on those chords would bring it up another notch. Try to play with more dynamics too to raise interest. You're doing great for your time on the piano.

16. Joangolfing - Sonata E Major Op.14 No.1 Allegretto
That sounds pretty good! Nice tone too.

17. Inlanding - Glen - Medley of Three
I envy your touch at every recital smile Solid rhythm this time Glen and you kept your form. Nice! Looks like your moving up in the world!

18. Ken. - Monk Medley - Misterioso & Bye-ya
Nice Ken, I haven't heard of this before and good to know another jazz lover. Sounds pretty good. it sounds rhythmically difficult and you kept it going.

19. Mateusz 'Mati' Papiernik - Odin Sphere no Theme
That was very well played Mati. Nice touch. Impressive to learn that in 3 days (well, you were motivated smile )

20. True Beginner - Winter Serenade
You have nice tone there TB so you're really sounding good. The rhythm was a bit uneven though so it was distracting. If you can just solve that, you'd really be moving up fast. You'd got good technique here.

21. Riddler (Ed) - Dolphin Dance
Gutsy of you to try Dolphin Dance smile I think this took me a whole year to figure out. You did a nice job of figuring out the voicings since this is not that obvious. Did you have a source or just self study?

22. MartinJB / martin - Reflections Em (to do)
Martin what a great recital debut, and from a SoCal local at that. Pretty good work for less than a year of playing. You're doing great.

23. hoffy - Minuet In G Major (BWV Anh. 114 - come on, you all know it!)
Another recital debut! Good thing you took the dip. Nice even playing and a solid performance. As advice for future development, you should work on stronger legato playing so there's less gap between notes. Hope to see you again at the next recital. If you keep doing this you'll get better fast.

24. LaValse - Prelude Op 11 No 4
This is just beautiful. Scriabin has the kind of harmonies that really work for me. You're playing is wonderful. Just keeps getting better. Keep sailing!

25. Jazzwee - All the Things You Are
You need a lot of work bro'. And everyone thinks your ending sucks so work on it.

26. wj3 / Walt - Take me home country roads

48. Laura aka ten left thumbs - Moonlight Sonata, Op 27 no 2, 1st movement
Very nice! Wonderful tone. A little hesitation on the RH there and the RH seems to be swallowed up sound wise so maybe more dynamic alteration of the LH. Are you just learning this? Otherwise, fabulous playing.

49. grotrianer - Sonata in c-minor op.10, no.1: 2nd mvt. - Adagio Molto
Excellent work grotrianer. Touch and evenness is outstanding on single note melodies. Maybe more balance on some chords where a single note stands out more than intended (just a few instances at the beginning). Very impressive.

50. Bunneh - Barcarolle, No. 6 from Troisième Recueil de Chants, op. 65.
Impressive touch and dynamics! At 2.5 years? Wow. Really good control. You've been working hard.

51. Hawgdriver (Leon) - Prelude in D-flat major, Op. 28 #15, 'raindrop'
Excellent work Hawgdriver and impressive for a short time at the piano. You'll be going places! Time for some 10/1 smile

52. bluekeys - Invention #13
Lovely bluekeys! You've certainly matured with your touch at the piano. It sounds great with your legato and tone and very nicely even on both hands. I myself have not dabbled in Bach but everyone tells me I should. But so little time...

53. custard apple - A Time for Love
Great work! I recognize this arrangement -- from Dave Frank? smile Time to put some solos in there. You have a very nice touch with this.

54. TTigg / Steve C - I Giorni
Nice sounding Steve! Touch is improving for sure so that means you've been practicing hard. Maybe lighten up a litle on the LH. Think of which voice you want to stand out at each moment and adjust accordingly. Good to have you over here btw.

55. Copper - Lullaby
Nice Lullaby Copper and good tone going there. Nice gentle touch. Watch the pedal at the end.

56. ddh - Daniel - Les lulus (The pigtails)
Good work ddh. Maybe soften the LH some more. It would have more contrast.

57. mcasl - Hob XVI:6, Sonata in G major, 1st mov. ]
Sounds good mcasl! I think you need to work on evenning out the rhythm here so it sounds consistent to the listener. Nice touch and really good work for 2 years.

58. edtek - Winter Twilight
Good work edtek. Although you say the dynamics doesn't change, you can tell though because of the different tone of the piano so you were doing it thumb. But try to create a wider dynamic range (exaggerate especially during practice). I like it!

59. Starr Keys - Kiss from a Rose
You just played this by ear? Good ear my friend! As far as playing it, see if you can have a less harsher touch on the piano. Perhaps some technique building could help that. Learn to create contrasts with dynamics. Do this and you'll jump to the next level, I promise you smile

#1621851 - 02/17/11 03:36 AM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
FarmGirl Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 02 2013

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
#11 Monica K. - What a beautiful piece. You played it expressively from the beginning to the end. I closed my eyes and totally enjoyed the world you led us in - for me it was a moon-lit ocean and the forgotten beach.

#12 John Frank - I loved your Franz Schubert's piece. You captured the melody very well and I like your sensitive playing style, something I would like to acquire. The second one,Samuel Maykapar's piece, this is the first time for me. It's a really fun piece and you did well. I think you had fun playing this one.

#13 CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Well done. I was worried about your hand. Is it well enough to play? I liked your expressions and dynamics.

#14 CMohr - Like it a lot. You opened my eyes (ears?) to Jazz. It's beautiful and sounds like Jazz allows so much more personal freedom, I am just reading your comments. It's neat.

#15 Todd Vance - BEAUTIFUL. I love this waltz. It's an accomplishment to play this one through. It was very pianistic. I particularly loved the B section.

#16 Joangolfing - You played this piece very well. expertly. I hear plenty of dynamics. Well done.

#17 Inlanding - Glen - You are soooo good. I totally enjoyed it. You are so free. I like your style.

#18 Ken. - Great. You played so smoothly and effortlessly. You are right. It's a fun piece with lots of interesting notes and rhythm.

#19 Mateusz 'Mati' Papiernik - You learned this in 3 days! It is a very interesting and gougeous piece. I have to put you in the naturally gifted category.

#20 True Beginner - I seriously suggest changing your forum name to TruelyGifted or . You are so talented in both performance and composition. It is incredibly beautiful. Thank you
Pieces at work - Schubert Sonata D960 2nd mvmnt Andante sostenute, Bach f minor Fugue WTC Bk1, Rachmaninoff Elegie Op 3 #1, Chopin Trois Nouvelles Etudes #1, Haru No Umi-the Sea In Spring (Michio Miyagi) for Flute & Piano (Nov Diversity Fair at work)

#1621853 - 02/17/11 03:38 AM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
FarmGirl Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 02 2013

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
I would like to thank everyone who took time to comment on mine. I would comment back when I can. I cannot do it now. My report is due tomorrow.
Pieces at work - Schubert Sonata D960 2nd mvmnt Andante sostenute, Bach f minor Fugue WTC Bk1, Rachmaninoff Elegie Op 3 #1, Chopin Trois Nouvelles Etudes #1, Haru No Umi-the Sea In Spring (Michio Miyagi) for Flute & Piano (Nov Diversity Fair at work)

#1621876 - 02/17/11 05:16 AM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lisboa, Portugal
Congratulations to all the participations. We spent an enjoyable evening listen all the pieces.

01. BenPiano - Waltz in G# Minor for Two Hands Op. 39 No. 3 - Beautifull waltz and you played with a great sense of felling. Great start!

02. wouter79 - the entertainer - I learned to play this version after 3/4 months of having started to learn piano. Even today I play it because everyone loves it and is a lively and rhythmic music. I think you made to keep the rhythm of music, but IMHO it seems to lack a little "joy" in interpretation. Nevertheless, you did a good job. Btw: I heard more than the 1st note...

03. Peyton - Angel - I think all those who send originals are very brave! My wife cringed when he heard this song and was thrilled when she realized that you had lost a friend. You made him a beautiful tribute, full of feeling. Well played and felt. Congratulations!

04. dannylux / Mel - Morgen - I really enjoyed listening to this piece. Very beautiful and played very surprising. One day I'll try to play this... Well done!

05. Sam Smith - Song Without Words Opus 19 #1 - Very good interpretation. Very beautifull. Nice job!

06. cgyan (Iain) - Aria - Wow, I did not know Giovanni Allevi but I was very moved by this music. Very, very good! I love it: great sound, great rhythm, and very well played!

07. KeemaNan - A New Ground (Z. T682) - I'm not a big fan of Henry Purcell, but I liked to listen to this piece. Good job.

08. Mr Super Hunky - The great gig in the sky (cover) - Great music of Rick Wright, and you caught exactly the spirit of it. Well done!

09. Pianosaurus Rex / Yannick - Wiener Marsch - It's always nice to hear a march! You played it very well and you managed to keep the proper rhythm. Congratulations!

10. CarlosCC - I Due Fiumi - Well, that's me smile - I know many of you don't appreciate Einaudi, but I learned a lot from the variations of rhythm and touch with his music. At the same time it gives me peace of mind playing songs of this genre. Thanks for listening.

11. Monica K. - The Meadow - Beautifull melody; I love it. This is very enjoyable. Great job!

12. John Frank - Two Waltz Medley : Waltz in B Minor & Waltz in D Major - What a nice medley you did! The two waltz work well together and you did a great transition. Nice!

13. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Gypsy Legend - Good start with your new acoustic. Very enjoyable. Good job.

14. CMohr - I Should Care - Nice harmony, with a bit of jazz. It's a pleasure to hear that performance. Congratulations.

15. Todd Vance - Waltz, in C# Minor Op. 64 #2 - And we got to Chopin! This piece is well chosen because, besides being beautiful, it demonstrates the dedication and passion who play it. Nice job.

16. Joangolfing - Sonata E Major Op.14 No.1 Allegretto - Very pleasent sonata and you played it very smoothly. Nice job!

17. Inlanding - Glen - Medley of Three - Another (almost) original work with lots of free play. Very pleasent and enjoyable. I love the way you play!

18. Ken. - Monk Medley - Misterioso & Bye-ya - I did not knew Monk work, but I like this medley. IMHO is a litle bit repetitive but funny. Nice!

19. Mateusz 'Mati' Papiernik - Odin Sphere no Theme - Only 3 days for learning? Wow, that's great! Nice recording, too. (btw: what's the computer game?)

20. True Beginner - Winter Serenade - Very nice original piece (another brave!). You played it full of feeling. Congratulations.

21. Riddler (Ed) - Dolphin Dance - A litle bit of jazz surroundig this piece, but with constrasts that result in a nice harmony. Nice job.

22. MartinJB / martin - Reflections Em - What a great start for your first recital! Very pleasent and enjoyable. Well done!

23. hoffy - Minuet In G Major (BWV Anh. 114 - come on, you all know it!) - Amazing for only 4 months of practicing. Keep the good work!

24. LaValse - Prelude Op 11 No 4 - Wow, this is very impressive. I did not know this piece, but I really enjoyed listening. Thanks.

25. Jazzwee - All the Things You Are - Another brilliant Jazz improvisation made by you. Very good! I love it!

26. wj3 / Walt - Take me home country roads - Very pleasent to listen. I like this calm version. You made a good job!

27. BillM (formerly b528nf7) - Mr. President (have pity on the working man) - Your voice is unmistakable! When I saw the name "BillM" I was not recognizing you, but after hearing the first words I recognized you immediately. Good work!

28. Strings & Wood - Op. 68, No. 16 (Erster Verlust) - Realy nice Schumann piece. I like how you mix the notes without losing the sense of melody. Good job and nice recording, too.

29. serge88 - Your Song - What a pleasent and "clear" version! You take it very well!

30. paquijote - Invention No. 7 in E minor - J.S. Bach - I can't imagine how difficult this piece can be... wow, good job and great LH work!

31. Augustina - Somewhere Out There from an American Tail - What a charmimg and pleasent song. You play it very good. (where's the airplane...?)

32. Undone - Toccata in D minor - If this is "where you are" then let me say that you are in the right direction. What a work! Congratulations.

33. LisztAddict - Prelude in b minor - I was expecting a different sound from Batch. This is just perfect!

34. Mohan Karthik - So far away - Another original piece, and another impressive work. Very smooth and beautifull. (Please, write it on paper and share w/ us; I'll give it a try.)

35. ladypayne - Nearer My God to Thee - Very good arrangement. I like the way you play: full of joy.

36. MaryBee - Sheep May Safely Graze - You did a great job, and I think you reach the intention of turning this in a beautifull piano solo piece.

37. FarmGirl - A Christmas Overture - Lol, your "aditional info" is so funny. In my opinio you did a great job, and the result is a beautifull piece.

38. Andy Platt - Mozart Sonata in C (K545) Movement 2 - Andante - This is the kind of pieces that is always enjoyable to listen. Very "fresh" and well played.

39. Sideshow/Edwin - Prelude - BWV935 - I like you trills! I'm not a specialist in Bach, but i think that you play it very, very well!

40. GlassLove (Christine) - Song of India (arranged) - I have never heard his piece, and it seams very well palyed and pleasent.

41. jotur/Cathy Turner - Amazing Grace - This is a tune that everyone knows, and it was nice to hear it. Good work!

42. PhilzPiano - Prelude in E minor Op. 28 No. 4 - Very nice played in a dificult piece. I loved hearing it!

43. Yamaha G-3 & P-80 / Mike WHite - Milonga del angel - Great pice os Piazzolla. And you did get the Piazzolla environment. Great!

44. MegumiNoda - Intermezzo Op. 118 No. 2 - Wow, nicely played; full of feeling and very pleasent to listening.

45. Wisebuff - In Church Op 39 No 24 - This is new for me, and I realy love it. You have a special feeling for this one. Beautifull!

46. ShiroKuro - Sunburst - Wow, guitar to piano arrangement? That's cool. You did a great job!

47. spidaman - A moment lost - Very good for someone playing by ear. Beautifull piece and excelent interpretation.

48. Laura aka ten left thumbs - Moonlight Sonata, Op 27 no 2, 1st movement - I'm glade you bring this to PW. For me, it's just fine. You did it very well!

49. grotrianer - Sonata in c-minor op.10, no.1: 2nd mvt. - Adagio Molto - Wow, I believe it's a challenge; full of transitions and diferent melodys, but it works. Great!

50. Bunneh - Barcarolle, No. 6 from Troisième Recueil de Chants, op. 65. - I can see you enjoy it because you play it very, very well. You say "it's so much easier than it sounds"... well, that's easy after you learn it, right? Good job!

51. Hawgdriver (Leon) - Prelude in D-flat major, Op. 28 #15, 'raindrop' - Leon, you are a brave. Only 15 months playing piano and you play like this? And the worst is the fact that you "offer" me a problem, because my wife (who is listening the recital with me) already said: "Carlos, no more Einaui! Your next attempt will be Chopin. I LOVE IT!"

52. bluekeys - Invention #13 - bluekeys, that's amazing. And I think you get the exact "tempo". Nice work!

53. custard apple - A Time for Love - You play it very well. Very smooth and enjoyable. Congratulations.

54. TTigg / Steve C - I Giorni - TTig, like me you choose an Einaudi piece. I like your interpretation. Congratulations! ("I Giorni" is in my queue).

55. Copper - Lullaby - This is a very sweet played melody. It remembers me of my kids when they were litle babies. Thanks!

56. ddh - Daniel - Les lulus (The pigtails) Thanks for sharing a Alain Lefèvre piece. I have never heard this. It's beautifull and you did a great job. Good recording, too.

57. mcasl - Hob XVI:6, Sonata in G major, 1st mov. - Hola! Beautifull sonata and I think it's "fluidid" enough. Good job!

58. edtek - Winter Twilight - edtek, doesn't matter the time you (we) take to learn a piece. The importante it's the felling you put on it. And you did a great job. Congratulations.

59. Starr Keys - Kiss from a Rose - Very good arrangement! I can play the easy version of this, and this is realy better. Congratulations, it's beautifull.

Edited by CarlosCC (02/17/11 06:32 AM)

CarlosCC records
Self-learning since 12/2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."

.:: Visit the 'European Piano Party 2014 - EPP2014' thread ::.

#1621886 - 02/17/11 05:40 AM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
custard apple Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Sydney
Many thanks Carlos and Jazzwee.
Yes, JW, A Time for Love was inspired by the Dave Frank masterclass.
Right now I have realised that I need to work on familiarisation with tonality. Today I improvised over a B maj progression and found this key the most difficult/unfamiliar.
After I become more comfortable with improvising over progressions, I definitely want to start creating my own solos over tunes.

#1621905 - 02/17/11 06:43 AM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
LaValse Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Mumbles, Wales
I deliberately tried not to look at titles and composers, so apologies if original composition and I got something different to intent. I didn't know who was playing either... (honest).

01. BenPiano - Waltz in G# Minor for Two Hands Op. 39 No. 3 image that came to mind

02. wouter79 - the entertainer image that came to mind

03. Peyton - Angel image that came to mind

04. dannylux / Mel - Morgen image that came to mind

05. Sam Smith - Song Without Words Opus 19 #1 image that came to mind

06. cgyan (Iain) - Aria image that came to mind

07. KeemaNan - A New Ground (Z. T682) image that came to mind

08. Mr Super Hunky - The great gig in the sky (cover) image that came to mind (sorry!

09. Pianosaurus Rex / Yannick - Wiener Marsch image that came to mind

#1621913 - 02/17/11 07:07 AM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: LaValse]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lisboa, Portugal
Originally Posted By: LaValse
I deliberately tried not to look at titles and composers, so apologies if original composition and I got something different to intent.

Very original idea!

CarlosCC records
Self-learning since 12/2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."

.:: Visit the 'European Piano Party 2014 - EPP2014' thread ::.

#1621915 - 02/17/11 07:10 AM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Peyton Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: CarlosCC
I deliberately tried not to look at titles and composers, so apologies if original composition and I got something different to intent.

Very original idea!

+1

Edited by Peyton (02/17/11 07:11 AM)

#1621927 - 02/17/11 07:42 AM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
La Valse - what a great idea!

#1621930 - 02/17/11 07:44 AM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
LaValse Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I'm worried it's revealing to much about what's inside my head - not had to censor anything yet though... smile

#1621942 - 02/17/11 08:00 AM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
WiseBuff Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Brighton Colorado
And today I enjoyed the thirties...I just can't do the 1-59 order. Thank you musicians for your lovely playing.
#30 paquijote. I admire anyone who plays Bach...deceptive how difficult he is. Love the lively tempo. Nice.
#31 Agustina. Got you on Tuesday. Well done
#32 Undone. LOVE this one and you showed a nice touch with the intense passages and the mysterious ones. It's great on organ.
#33 LisztAddict. Beautiful melody line...your playing is very expressive.
#34 Mohan. What a lovely bittersweet feel you've incorporated into this piece. The rise in intensity in the middle was my favorite. The ending needed something more...maybe more of the fade but seemed too abrupt compared to the whole
#35 ladypayne. this piece is usually so somber. I liked your arrangement that made it happy and uplifting.
#36 MaryBee. Wow. Nice clean thirds. I enjoyed it.
#37 FarmGirl. I usually like Keveren but see what you mean by "busy". He did get carried away with the left hand accompaniment. But YOU kept up with a beautiful melody line and tempo.
#38 Andy Platt. Nice job. Mozart is so challenging and you did it well. When you bring it out the next time...consider trying to bring out the elegance and sweetness of this movement.
#39 Sideshow. Light and expressive. I LIKE your trills...you have the heart of Bach on this one.

Love to learn

#1621944 - 02/17/11 08:05 AM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
LaValse Offline
1000 Post Club Member

10. CarlosCC - I Due Fiumi image that came to mind

11. Monica K. - The Meadow image that came to mind

12. John Frank - Two Waltz Medley image that came to mind

13. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Gypsy Legend image that came to mind

14. CMohr - I Should Care image that came to mind

15. Todd Vance - Waltz, in C# Minor Op. 64 #2 image that came to mind

16. Joangolfing - Sonata E Major Op.14 No.1 Allegretto image that came to mind

17. Inlanding - Glen - Medley of Three image that came to mind

18. Ken. - Monk Medley - Misterioso & Bye-ya image that came to mind

19. Mateusz 'Mati' Papiernik - Odin Sphere no Theme image that came to mind

20. True Beginner - Winter Serenade image that came to mind (loch katrin)

#1621969 - 02/17/11 08:57 AM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: LaValse]
Peyton Offline
2000 Post Club Member

I'm worried it's revealing to much about what's inside my head - not had to censor anything yet though... smile

No, I think you are on to something!! IMO that is what the "comments" should be all about.

#1621979 - 02/17/11 09:14 AM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
KeemaNan Offline

Loc: UK
Nice job on the arrangement, and well played. Good, rich, jazzy stuff.

22. MartinJB / martin - Reflections Em
That's a very nice, new-age style piece with a modern sound to it. Well played, too. Dynamics and phrasing nicely done.

Yes we all know it, and love it ! Well played, nice and even with good ornamentation and balance between the hands.

Very nice indeed. Great dynamics and rubato, and the chords were played beautifully.

Great to hear a jazz pianist improvising in full flight. You've obviously packed a lot of hard study into your 6 years and its really paying off. I see elsewhere on the forum that you are tackling Chopin op 10/1, which is testament to how far you have come. Good luck !

Nice job on a classic song. You kept a good tempo going throughout and brought the melody out well.

27. BillM (formerly b528nf7) - Mr. President (have pity on the working man)
Nice soulful singing and bluesy piano playing. I particularly liked the instrumental break, which was a top notch bit of blues piano. I enjoyed this a lot.

28. Strings & Wood - Op. 68, No. 16 (Erster Verlust)
Very nice job on a tricky piece. The contrapuntal part where the theme comes in again repeatedly is very tricky and you handled it well. The only thing I would change is to exaggerate the sforzando chords at the end a bit more. I don't have the score with me. Maybe they aren't sforzando and I should shut up ! I enjoyed your performance anyway, this is a piece I know and love.

29. serge88 - Your Song
Very nice arrangement, well done on that. And smoothly played. An enjoyable performance all round.

30. paquijote - Invention No. 7 in E minor - J.S. Bach
Two-part inventions after two years of playing ? I'm impressed. A more than respectable performance too, up to a nice tempo and with nice ornametation. I am just getting around to these pieces now, after a few false starts over the years. The demands they make on your hand independence are pretty extreme.

31. Augustina - Somewhere Out There from an American Tail
Yes, I heard the plane. I have to say that I really like the audible page turns ! They allow us to marvel at your reading skills, which are obviously considerable. Seems like the editors put the turns in some really awkward places on this one though... Anyway, a nice piece, and played with style, well done.

32. Undone - Toccata in D minor
Dramatic stuff. You got more into your stride as you got further into the piece I think. Nice job.

33. LisztAddict - Prelude in b minor
I hadn't heard this before but I recognized the prelude from the WTC it is taken from. I generally like Bach transcriptions and re-workings for the piano (especially Busoni and Liszt). It's a very beautiful piece of music and I enjoyed your performance. The rolled chords in the left hand are really nice.

34. Mohan Karthik - So far away
Great composition, and well played. Amazing for 11 months experience. I enjoyed it immensely. Also great to see a contribution from the sub-continent - this is a truly worldwide event.

35. ladypayne - Nearer My God to Thee
This was great - I love the way you built up the intensity and then hauled it back in for the ending. Stirring stuff. A shame you cut the recording off and didn't let the last note ring a bit longer !

36. MaryBee - Sheep May Safely Graze
That's a tricky sounding arrangement, with lots of parts and lots of tricky playing in thirds. You did a nice job with it and played it very musically.

37. FarmGirl - A Christmas Overture
This piece was a massive underaking. I'm sure you'll feel better about it when you dust it down next Christmas ! There's a lot of material in there, you could chop it up into several individual arrangements and it would still work. Nice job, a real accomplishment.

38. Andy Platt - Mozart Sonata in C (K545) Movement 2 - Andante
I love this movement, I play it myself but have never really got it to the point where I can play through the whole thing without tripping up somewhere. It should be heard more often, all we ever hear of K545 is the first movement ! You played it very nicely, bravo.

39. Sideshow/Edwin - Prelude - BWV935
Top-notch Bach. A really nice light, even touch, and the ornaments are superb. Great balance between the voices, and played up to a really nice tempo.

40. GlassLove (Christine) - Song of India (arranged)
Nice work - that arrangement seems rhythmically tricky, so well done. You captured the 'song-like' quality of the right-hand part.

41. jotur/Cathy Turner - Amazing Grace
Nice lush arrangement, and well played. Stirring stuff, I would say.

42. PhilzPiano - Prelude in E minor Op. 28 No. 4
Nicely played. I think most people do pedal this all the way through, changing the pedal with the chords, but it sounds fine without. You sailed through the tricky bit about 3/4 of the way through where it all kicks off - and that's a sticking point for many.

43. Yamaha G-3 & P-80 / Mike WHite - Milonga del angel
Very nice tango. Have you heard of a young pianist called Gabriella Montero ? If you like this you would love her playing. Worth checking her out. She plays Piazolla but also has a great line in improvised tango. She also plays the classical repertoire.

44. MegumiNoda - Intermezzo Op. 118 No. 2
I love the Brahms intermezzos, but the density of notes on the page puts them out of my reach at the moment. I really enjoyed your performance of this one, though.

45. Wisebuff - In Church Op 39 No 24
Nice piece, and nicely played. Nice resonant piano sound. I'm hearing a lot of Tchaikovsky's op 39 on this forum, and what I've heard so far is very nice. I must get hold of it myself !

46. ShiroKuro - Sunburst
That sounds a tricky piece, which you've executed very cleanly. A very enjoyable performance.

47. spidaman - A moment lost
Great job on working this one out without the sheets ! Sounds great.

48. Laura aka ten left thumbs - Moonlight Sonata, Op 27 no 2, 1st movement
Loved this. I actually quite like it at this slightly faster tempo, and I've heard it done like this before. Nice phrasing, with slight hesitations adding to the effect. Also great balance, with the big crunchy chords in the left hand making beautiful soft landings.

I think that's everyone. I've heard a lot of nice stuff in this recital, and as always found some music that I want to look up, and composers I want to learn more about. Thanks to all involved, and thanks to all those who have been kind enough to listen to and pass comment on my contribution !

#1622007 - 02/17/11 10:01 AM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Chocolatetown, USA
13. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Gypsy Legend - Cheryl, nicely done and expressive - good first effort thumb I don't know why but this piece reminds me just a little of the beautiful song "Sunrise, Sunset" from "Fiddler on the Roof". Keep up the good, dedicated work - your enthusiasm will reap big dividends shortly.

14. CMohr - I Should Care - CMohr, I should care that you played this wonderful old standard so very well and so thoughtfully - I love these classic tunes from that era and your's is a very introspective interpretation - the intro was perfect and so was the ending. Nice job!

15. Todd Vance - Waltz, in C# Minor Op. 64 #2 - Todd, one of my favorites from The Master - a slower tempo than I'm used to hearing this at, but still highly enjoyable - some day I may try to tackle this gem myself - very good effort!

16. Joangolfing - Sonata E Major Op.14 No.1 Allegretto - Joan, overall a good job - this is long and many of us would struggle with it - I'm not sure you got it up to allegretto speed but whatever one is comfortable with...

17. Inlanding - Glen - Medley of Three - Glen, very nicely done - enjoyed that alot - your YT chanel is attractive and full of good stuff thumb

18. Ken. - Monk Medley - Misterioso & Bye-ya - Ken, interesting mix - good job - used to listen to a lot of Monk years ago.

More to follow...

JF

As good at piano as I am at golf - very high handicap!

#1622013 - 02/17/11 10:15 AM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Augustina Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
I thought I would listen to some more songs this morning to get me started for the day:)

Monica-The Meadow This piece was played so beautifully! nicely done.

John Frank- Two Waltz Medley : Waltz in B Minor & Waltz in D Major
I am unfamiliar with this piece- you played it so well:)

Casinitaly- Gypsy Legend You've only been playing for 13 months? great job:)

Cmohr-I should care
Another piece I am unfamiliar with- This was very relaxing to listen to first thing in the morning. I enjoyed it a lot!

Mateusz 'Mati' Papiernik- Odin Sphere no Theme
I like most music by Hitoshi Sakimoto I am unfamiliar with this song though. You played it so well

True Beginner- Winter Serenade
Awesome! This was so pretty!

For those that have commented on my piece so far thank you for the kind words. I always get a little bit more encouragement to practice more after the recitals:)

Casinitaly If there was a strange background noise it was probably from my camera. I just need to get a new one soon:)

TX-Dennis "You need the Super Hunky patented giant piece of cardboard to which you tape the photocopied sheets - no page turning needed. He posted a pic once. It looks like crap, but it works."

I'm not sure how to quote but Thats a great idea! I'll have to try it sometime! smile

http://www.youtube.com/user/Spot1530

#1622035 - 02/17/11 10:52 AM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Undone Offline

Loc: USA, CT
Next set:

Great arrangement! I like a lot of Herbie Hancock's stuff, but was not familiar with this one. Most enjoyable.

22. MartinJB / martin - Reflections Em
A big congratulations of your first ABF recital and conquest of the Red Dot! You play with wonderful feeling and dynamics for one who's been at it for less than a year.

Very well done! I have played this one myself and always had trouble getting the ornamentation to sound correct. All of you new ABF recital participants are putting the rest of us to shame.

I'm not really familiar with Scriabin, but enjoyed your recording of this work. If you say you found it tricky, I'll take your word for it, but it sure sounded like you had it down solid.

Great improvisation! It reminded me of some swingle singing numbers I did many years ago and it gave me "happy feet" while listening to it.

Nicely done Walt. Listening to your recording brought back many memories of what I was doing back when John Denver first came out with this song.

27. BillM (formerly b528nf7) - Mr. President (have pity on the working man)
I'm a big Randy Newman fan (who isn't). I'm always amazed at what some people can do in the way of "play-by-ear" and yours is a case in point. Simply terrific!

28. Strings & Wood - Op. 68, No. 16 (Erster Verlust)
Hey, Out-takes, I like the idea! You should have done it, it probably would have caught on even bigger than the food thing. But back to the matter at hand; great job on this Schumann piece.

29. serge88 - Your Song
Very nice rendition of this Elton John classic. I learned to play a simple version of this back when it was still relatively new and I was just noodling around on the piano, but I never really learned it well, let alone with the extra feeling you've added to it. I'm sure Elton would approve.

30. paquijote - Invention No. 7 in E minor - J.S. Bach
One of J.S. Bach's Inventions difficult? After not even two years of playing? Yep, you got that right, yet you did a wonderful job at it and if it was riddled with errors, you sure did a good job of slipping them by me.

Undone

#1622040 - 02/17/11 11:12 AM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
TTigg Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Southern California
WOW just WOW

Amazing stuff from everybody. Thanks so much to Monika, Coop and all who make this possible. It's great to see so many come for their 1st, we know they'll be back. I wanted to also thank everyone for their kind comments, I'll be replying to some of those once I'm done listening and commenting on the recital itself.

First batch, very busy with work etc but I am Home Office for next 1.5days so I'll be able to listen and get my comments down..

01. BenPiano - Waltz in G# Minor for Two Hands Op. 39 No. 3
Great job Ben, flows nicely, your touch is great and the piano sounds really good too.

02. wouter79 - the entertainer
You’re doing incredibly well for only 1yr under your belt. Sounded great, flowed perfectly.

03. Peyton - Angel
I’m really digging the sound of your piano – great work on this. It’s great to see so many of us branching out into Composition, truly inspiring and amazing stuff!

Sounded great, not like a P140 at all. Lovely calming tune with some great runs & arrangements – very enjoyable

Sam you’ve for sure been practicing hard on the “bringing out notes” I know what you mean and it’s great when it click. Now if I could just get my LH quieter! : )

06. cgyan (Iain) - Aria
WOW Iain, just under a year! You’re doing incredibly well indeed. Loved this tune, added to Fav on YT and will probably give it a go sometime, really loved how it flowed and you played it so very well – excellent!

07. KeemaNan - A New Ground (Z. T682)
Your DP sounds fantastic. I love the dynamics of this piece and you played it perfectly - great work!

08. Mr Super Hunky - The great gig in the sky (cover)
I think you need to swap pianos with Monica : ) I really enjoyed your impression of this work and as a Brit of course I have a soft spot for Pink Floyd. I would agree however that the sound is very intense. Your piano sounds amazing and if you are indeed normalizing the sound I would suggest turning the mic down or placing a little further away, other than that – very very good..

09. Pianosaurus Rex / Yannick - Wiener Marsch
You’re doing very well for such a short time, great control and touch, well done!

10. CarlosCC - I Due Fiumi
Another Einaudi fan and piece. You’re doing VERY well for such a short time, really captured the piece, the dynamics, his voicing pretty much perfect. Keep it up, looking forward to much more..

OK Conf calls beckon so I’ll get to the next batch in a bit..

My You Tube | My Box.net

#1622049 - 02/17/11 11:34 AM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
GlassLove Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Michigan
Round 2:

10. CarolosCC: Absolutely beautiful. My whole family loves Einaudi too (our musical tastes intersect very infrequently). Your children are lucky to have such a talented family member to play for them.

11. Monica: I really LOVED this piece of music. I could listen to it all day. I didn't find it terribly eerie, however. To me it depicted an existential struggle of some sort. You played it marvelously.

12. John Frank: I love waltzes, but haven't tried to play one yet. My teacher claims the timing is very hard to get. You did a very nice job with these!!!

13. Cheryl: You are obviously not superstitious, having the 13th submission grin . As you know, I think that this piece is really beautiful and hope to play it myself soon. You did a fantastic job. I also really like the sound of your acoustic piano. Excellent new piano debut. Thanks for entertaining me with this lovely piece.

14: CMohr: Smooth, smooth, smooth....like silk. Extremely impressive work, and I loved the ending.

15: Todd Vance: Very nicely done. One of my favorite Chopin Waltzes.

16. Joangolfing: Very beautifully played. I really enjoyed your selection of music too.

17. Inlanding: You never fail to please and impress!! I always look forward to your contributions. You are one talented person!!!! Fantastic job.

18. Ken: I really like Monk. You did a great job with this.

19. Mati: This is a beautiful piece of music and you played it very smoothly. It was a joy to listen to.

20. Truebeginner: Wow, I hope that I can play like this in two more years. Really sublime. I watched the snow melting yippie as I listened to your piece. Apparently, it works as a goodbye to Winter piece too. But, who am I kidding, I live in Michigan. We won't see spring for two more months.

21: Riddler: I love this piece and you played it very well. Excellent job.

22. MartinJB: This is just gorgeous. A very touching piece played beautifully.

23. Hoffy: Love your ornamentation. Very nicely played.

24. LaValse: I am not as familiar with Scriabin as I should be. I had never heard this piece, but it is very pretty. You played with a lot of expression/emotion. Beautiful.

25. Jazzee: So fun! I was tapping my foot and bobbing my head through the whole piece. Just fantastic.

26. Walt: Very nicely done!! It reminded me of my dad (a great Denver fan). I once saw a documentary on John Denver, he was a really lovely soul. I really enjoyed listening. Thank you.

27. BillM: Very nicely played. Your voice fits this song very nicely. I enjoyed listening.

28. Strings and Wood: I LOVE THIS PIECE OF MUSIC. It is one of my husband's favorites too. I am trying to get the notes under my fingers before he returns from Greece. I will repeatedly listen to your version for inspiration. Thank you. You did a beautiful job.

29. Serge88: This was really enjoyable to listen to. You play very smoothly. Excellent.

30. Paquijote: Wow, very nicely done. Such a challenging piece played remarkably well given you have been at this for fewer than 2 years.

31. Augustina: I have always loved this song. Beautifully played. I really enjoyed it.

32. Undone: This is so impressive. You have made absolutely remarkable progress in just three years.

33. LisztAddict: Gorgeous piece of music played beautifully. A true joy to listen to.

34. Monhan: Thank you for this absolutely beautiful piece of music. You are a VERY talented person. I can definitely hear the Einaudi influence.

35. LadyPayne: Very beautifully played. I really enjoyed it and you did an excellent job arranging it.

36. MaryBee: I love this piece of music. As always, you played it beautifully. I truly lost myself while listening to your playing.

37. Farmgirl: This was very fun to hear. I have to admit, I don't like Christmas music nearly as much as most people seem to, I tire of it long before we make it to Christmas day. You know this has to be impressive and beautifully played if I can enjoy it in February. I laughed at your "huffing and puffing" comment because this really is a musical marathon....or an analogue for the Christmas season itself. Excellent job.

Edited by GlassLove (02/17/11 11:35 AM)

Page 5 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
90 registered (Beemer, adanepst, AZNpiano, ando, Atrys, angga888, 14 invisible), 1319 Guests and 42 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74206 Members
42 Forums
153516 Topics
2249675 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Re-stringing an 84yr old Grand.....?
by Grandpianoman
Today at 01:56 AM
Theme identification
by Polyphonist
Today at 01:26 AM
Morning Mist: a ballade for piano
by JoelW
Today at 12:27 AM
Insanity
by Polyphonist
Yesterday at 11:55 PM
Yamaha P140 sluggish keys : how to fix?
by Bambell
Yesterday at 11:52 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission