Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
84 registered (Amosdoll, 36251, amv256, AZNpiano, Andre campana, 23 invisible), 1004 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 6 of 14 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14 >
Topic Options
#1622057 - 02/17/11 11:47 AM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
grotrianer Offline

Loc: Braunschweig, Germany
Thanks for your comments, jazzwee (your critique is spot on. It matches one of my teacher's. I often don't even notice it, I'll have to sensitize my ears) and CarlosCC.

A few more comments from me:

50. Bunneh - Barcarolle, No. 6 from Troisieme Recueil de Chants, op. 65. Haunting piece, which actually sounds a bit new-agey to me. Very well played, too, but you asked for merciless critique, so I'll try to deliver. But I don't know a thing about Alkan, so please take it with a grain of salt: From just looking at the IMSLP score it seems to me that you could interpret some details more courageously, like looking for an appropriate change of sound where it says "con grazvt" (whatever that means, I probably didn't read it correctly, but I'm guessing it has something to do with "gracility"), and observing the shortening of the two high notes immediately after that passage, bringing out the accented bass melody close to the ending, doing a little more of smorzando in the last line. Stuff like that.

10. CarlosCC - I Due Fiumi Your tempo and dynamic fluctuations keep the piece interesting without ever feeling forced. Well done!

13. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Gypsy Legend Congrats to your new piano and the nice recording you got of it with this charming piece. Your playing develops very well!

06. cgyan (Iain) - Aria The reverberating sound fitted the piece well. Very pleasant listening, hard to imagine that the same composer likes to go the "abstract art" route as well.

(ad) Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#1622058 - 02/17/11 11:49 AM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
LaValse Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Mumbles, Wales
21. Riddler (Ed) - Dolphin Dance image that came to mind
22. MartinJB / martin - Reflections Em image that came to mind
23. hoffy - Minuet In G Major image that came to mind (sorry!)
25. Jazzwee - All the Things You Are image that came to mind
26. wj3 / Walt - Take me home country roads image that came to mind
27. BillM (formerly b528nf7) - Mr. President image that came to mind
28. Strings & Wood - Op. 68, No. 16 (Erster Verlust) image that came to mind (weave)
29. serge88 - Your Song image that came to mind
30. paquijote - Invention No. 7 in E minor - J.S. Bach image that came to mind

#1622061 - 02/17/11 12:02 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: LaValse]
hawgdriver Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: LaValse
14. CMohr - I Should Care image that came to mind

Me too!

#1622065 - 02/17/11 12:09 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: LaValse]
MaryBee Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Cleveland, OH
LaValse, this is great! It's got to be much harder doing this than writing a sentence or two of comments for each piece. But I'm loving it!

#1622082 - 02/17/11 12:35 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: LaValse]
jazzwee Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Loc: So. California
21. Riddler (Ed) - Dolphin Dance image that came to mind
22. MartinJB / martin - Reflections Em image that came to mind
23. hoffy - Minuet In G Major image that came to mind (sorry!)
25. Jazzwee - All the Things You Are image that came to mind
26. wj3 / Walt - Take me home country roads image that came to mind
27. BillM (formerly b528nf7) - Mr. President image that came to mind
28. Strings & Wood - Op. 68, No. 16 (Erster Verlust) image that came to mind (weave)
29. serge88 - Your Song image that came to mind
30. paquijote - Invention No. 7 in E minor - J.S. Bach image that came to mind

Wow. Impressive how you did this. Such commitment. thumb And in my case, so musically descriptive.

#1622088 - 02/17/11 12:45 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
LaValse Offline
1000 Post Club Member

31. Augustina - Somewhere Out There image that came to mind
32. Undone - Toccata in D minor image that came to mind
33. LisztAddict - Prelude in b minor image that came to mind
34. Mohan Karthik - So far away image that came to mind
35. ladypayne - Nearer My God to Thee image that came to mind
36. MaryBee - Sheep May Safely Graze image that came to mind
37. FarmGirl - A Christmas Overture image that came to mind
38. Andy Platt - Mozart Sonata in C (K545) Movement 2 - Andante image that came to mind
39. Sideshow/Edwin - Prelude - BWV935 image that came to mind
40. GlassLove (Christine) - Song of India image that came to mind

#1622104 - 02/17/11 01:06 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
LaValse Offline
1000 Post Club Member

@jazzwee - the recursion was strong... smile Re: my audio quality - I created the audio from the vid (which wasn't brilliant itself because I had the mic away from the piano and by a window!) and I think it was the extraction that buggered it - ffmpeg plugin for Audacity - I didn't listen to it at volume....

#1622110 - 02/17/11 01:15 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
casinitaly Online   blank

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
I am enchanted with LaValse's feedback. Now I want to open one window with the images and listen again! But wait! I still have about 15 pieces to listen to!

Most of your pics don't match my images, but I find them nonetheless fascinating and very entertaining.

I LOVED my wild horses! (oddly enough , the Gino Vanelli song...Wild Horses... is one of my favourites!)

I hope to wrap up my listening tonight! On one hand I can't wait to hear the rest, and on the other, I don't want it to be over. At least I can re-play (not like at one of those "live recitals" where you just get to hear it once! smile

#1622111 - 02/17/11 01:15 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Strings & Wood Offline

Gold member until Dec. 2012

Loc: USA
07. KeemaNan - A New Ground (Z. T682)

This was a delight to listen to. You carried the bass well with the left hand. I do not know the "Baroque" period very well, but enjoyed listening to this. Very nicely done.

08. Mr Super Hunky - The great gig in the sky (cover)

Amazed once again at how you are able to k-plunk these type of productions. I must admit I have never listened to this and wondered what it would be like as a piano solo... it works for me, I like it.

#1622134 - 02/17/11 01:37 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: LaValse]
CMohr Offline

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012

Loc: Oregon
Hawgdriver, Andy, Glen, BillM, Peyton, Dennis, Jazzwee, JF - Thnak you so much for your comments heart - you guys make it sound like I'm much better than I am. Cheryl, Mohan, TLT, undone, KeemaNan, Shiro, MartinJB, Mr.SuperH, wouter, Ladypayne, Farmgirl, Carlos, Augustina, Glasslove, (holy-moly! I don't think I've ever had so many comments!) tons of thanks to you all. heart I'm touched, really.
And..

14. CMohr - I Should Care image that came to mind

Your comments, LaValse, are the most innovative! I've been smiling all morning! But, where the heck did you find that picture of me?! wink

Edited by CMohr (02/17/11 01:39 PM)

#1622146 - 02/17/11 02:06 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
ten left thumbs Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Scotland
OK, the jazzers -

Jazzwee, AATYA. Very enjoyable, I hear what you say about hard swing. Really, man, you need a band to play with. Or at least you need them to play up a little, because I missed them.

Glen - invention - I'm speechless. You caress those keys and they melt like butter. Also (wolf whistle) nice knees!

Riddler - Dolphin Dance. Ed, I've heard of this tune, but didn't know it. Thanks for playing it - doesn't sound atonal to me.

Edit: wait a sec, Glen, I'm not sure I listened to the right thing.

Edited by ten left thumbs (02/17/11 02:15 PM)
Edit Reason: confusion

www.justfingers.co.uk
www.babysinging.co.uk

#1622148 - 02/17/11 02:07 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Strings & Wood Offline

09. Pianosaurus Rex / Yannick - Wiener Marsch

Dramatic announcements followed by frivolous gaiety. Well done.

10. CarlosCC - I Due Fiumi

I am usually not... in this case I am, jealous- that you are able to play so well after 14 months. Very lyrical, nicely paced and dynamics, CarlosCC.

11. Monica K. - The Meadow

Of course, I had to google to see who Alexandre Desplat was. I see he has done a lot of music for movie composition. Sometimes when I listen to music I will visual movie scenes. Perhaps this is one...it easily could be. I enjoyed listening, Monica.

12. John Frank - Two Waltz Medley : Waltz in B Minor & Waltz in D Major[/b

The good do die too young, don't they? I enjoy a good waltz as well. It is a reminder to me of a time of grandeur, grace and eloquence. You portrayed that quite well, JF.

[b]13. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Gypsy Legend

The Gypsy does live on. I find after playing my submittal, 20 times or so, trying to get a decent recording, I always get a better one a couple of days after I have submitted. You are playing your acoustical very well. Good job.

14. CMohr - I Should Care

CMohr, beautifully serenaded. I love the expressive music from the forties. You did this really well!

#1622155 - 02/17/11 02:18 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
LaValse Offline
1000 Post Club Member

41. jotur/Cathy Turner - Amazing Grace image that came to mind
42. PhilzPiano - Prelude in E minor Op. 28 No. 4 image that came to mind
43. Yamaha G-3 & P-80 / Mike WHite - Milonga del angel image that came to mind
44. MegumiNoda - Intermezzo Op. 118 No. 2 image that came to mind
45. Wisebuff - In Church Op 39 No 24 image that came to mind
46. ShiroKuro - Sunburst image that came to mind
47. spidaman - A moment lost image that came to mind (can't explain that!)
48. Laura aka ten left thumbs - Moonlight Sonata, Op 27 no 2, 1st movement image that came to mind (relentless development/evolution)
49. grotrianer - Sonata in c-minor op.10, no.1: 2nd mvt. - Adagio Molto image that came to mind
50. Bunneh - Barcarolle, No. 6 from Troisième Recueil de Chants, op. 65. image that came to mind

#1622158 - 02/17/11 02:23 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: KeemaNan]
Strings & Wood Offline

Quote:
28. Strings & Wood - Op. 68, No. 16 (Erster Verlust)
Very nice job on a tricky piece. The contrapuntal part where the theme comes in again repeatedly is very tricky and you handled it well. The only thing I would change is to exaggerate the sforzando chords at the end a bit more. I don't have the score with me. Maybe they aren't

You are quite correct. My copy says to play those two chords forte, but I think sforzando is a more accurate description.
I need to work on aggression when it come to my piano. smile

#1622170 - 02/17/11 02:38 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
LaValse Offline
1000 Post Club Member

51. Hawgdriver (Leon) - Prelude in D-flat major, Op. 28 #15, 'raindrop' image that came to mind
52. bluekeys - Invention #13 image that came to mind
53. custard apple - A Time for Love image that came to mind
54. TTigg / Steve C - I Giorni image that came to mind
55. Copper - Lullaby image that came to mind
56. ddh - Daniel - Les lulus (The pigtails) image that came to mind
57. mcasl - Hob XVI:6, Sonata in G major, 1st mov. image that came to mind
58. edtek - Winter Twilight image that came to mind
59. Starr Keys - Kiss from a Rose image that came to mind

#1622172 - 02/17/11 02:41 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
LaValse Offline
1000 Post Club Member

@CMohr - well now you've said that my mental model of you is kinda fixed... smile

@casinitaly smile

#1622180 - 02/17/11 02:51 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Riddler Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Florida
Picking some entries, more or less at random, to comment on:

06. cgyan (Iain) - Aria
Very interesting and very listenable. That's a long piece to memorize, and those descending runs must be a challenge, but you performed it all flawlessly. Great job!

Great arrangement, interesesting harmonizations. I particularly liked the intro and the ending! And the parts in between were wonderful too. smile

15. Todd Vance - Waltz, in C# Minor Op. 64 #2
Oh, boy, that was good. I love this piece. Wish I could play some Chopin.but it sounds really hard, and the scores look even harder. Great job.

17. Inlanding - Glen - Medley of Three
Glen, great stuff. I Remember Clifford is one of my favorites, and I enjoyed your arrangement. Nice work on the two improvs. You've got some neat $5 chords there at the end that are really interesting.

18. Ken. - Monk Medley - Misterioso & Bye-ya
Ken, it's great to see Monk represented here. That was an especially lively rendition of Bye-ya. Good work!

25. Jazzwee - All the Things You Are
Cool, light touch, great lines, well done! Interestingly, when I listen to this, in my mind's ear, I also hear a bass player laying down roots on the ones, approach notes on the fours, and so on. Thanks for showing us how it's done!

27. BillM (formerly b528nf7) - Mr. President (have pity on the working man)
A message that is always appropriate, delivered with soul and feeling and skill. Well done, Bill.

32. Undone - Toccata in D minor
Wow, I really enjoy hearing that played on the piano for a change. Great selection, wonderful performance!

36. MaryBee - Sheep May Safely Graze
Wonderful. I've always loved this work but I don't remember hearing a piano version of it before. It was a pleasure to listen to! Well done.

41. jotur/Cathy Turner - Amazing Grace
Aha - that's one of the things I love about these forums - we can plagiarize learn from each other! laugh Great arrangement by Joe, with several key modulations and even a time signature change, and a surprise ending to boot. Well played, well done, Cathy.

48. Laura aka ten left thumbs - Moonlight Sonata, Op 27 no 2, 1st movement
Very, very beautiful. There is something unusual in the way you play this - perhaps a slight softening or hesitation on the notes that resolve tension? I dunno, it's beyond my pay grade - that makes it very moving, for me. Bravo!

51. Hawgdriver (Leon) - Prelude in D-flat major, Op. 28 #15, 'raindrop'
Love that piece! Lots of fire, lots of beauty. You brought out both. Great playing.

53. custard apple - A Time for Love
Wow, that was simply beautiful! What great harmonizations! You played it superbly. I am bedazzled. Great work!

LaValse You get the prize for original commentary, hands down! Very clever stuff, I enjoyed the humor! laugh

Ed

My fingers are slow, but easily keep pace with my thoughts.

#1622181 - 02/17/11 02:51 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
mr_super-hunky Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Omg am I getting bummed out. Not only did I receive numerous comments to the effect of "nice job but you screwed up the recording levels once again" as in way too harsh a recording, but in addition to that, my performance now seems to conjur up images of flamboyant homosexual gay men!

Yikes!!!

Here's the real problem. I listened closely to my own recording and it sounded way too harsh with lots of clipping and now I'm starting to question the images I am getting in my own head!

What to do???

Some type of intervention may be needed!

#1622186 - 02/17/11 02:57 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: mr_super-hunky]
Peyton Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maine
Originally Posted By: mr_super-hunky
Omg am I getting bummed out. Not only did I receive numerous comments to the effect of "nice job but you screwed up the recording levels once again" as in way too harsh a recording, but in addition to that, my performance now seems to conjur up images of flamboyant homosexual gay men!

Yikes!!!

Here's the real problem. I listened closely to my own recording and it sounded way too harsh with lots of clipping and now I'm starting to question the images I am getting in my own head!

What to do???

So your recording quality wasn't perfect... who's is? Is was good enough for me to really enjoy the performance. I especially liked the bass notes. I could almost hear an electric bass in there.... In fact... I kept waiting for the big airplane to zoom zooming over my head and explode onto the stage (too many Pink Floyd concerts in my past....). and NOT ONE flamboyant homosexual gay man!

#1622189 - 02/17/11 02:58 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: LaValse]
Andy Platt Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Virginia, USA
[38. Andy Platt - Mozart Sonata in C (K545) Movement 2 - Andante image that came to mind

Ah, a photo of my wife! wink

Kawai K3

#1622194 - 02/17/11 03:01 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: mr_super-hunky]
Peyton Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Yikes!!!

What to do???

...and for what it's worth... I re-listened to my recording this morning and promptly went to the piano and spent my entire morning practice tuning the piano. I can't believe how out of tune it was. I must have been on another planet to have recorded with the piano sounding that bad. eek

#1622202 - 02/17/11 03:09 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: mr_super-hunky]
ten left thumbs Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Scotland

Yikes!!!

What to do???

OK, what's clipping?

www.justfingers.co.uk
www.babysinging.co.uk

#1622212 - 02/17/11 03:16 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
mr_super-hunky Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Performances 21-30

21. Riddler (Ed) - Dolphin Dance Catchy jazzy tune Ed. I could picture your piece being performed along with a steady beat of a snare drum using brushes. Very nice. I want more though.

22. MartinJB / martin - Reflections Em The beauty of this piece caught me from the start. Very nicely and delicately played.

23. hoffy - Minuet In G Major (BWV Anh. 114 - come on, you all know it!) Very good hoffy. You may want to try and play this piece using an arpeggio for the first note in every bar in the left hand. It makes for an instant upgrade in the flow of the tune without doing much. What you currently have is a very well executed performance that is ready to go to the next level and I know you can do it.

24. LaValse - Prelude Op 11 No 4 That was a very emotional performance using everything I am striving for myself. Dynamics, more emotion and above all the ability to play delicately. You've got it. Nice soft and peaceful performance.

25. Jazzwee - All the Things You Are Very nice Jazzwee. I just wish you had a bass guitar or soft drum beat to accompany you along with this piece as I found myself tapping along with it. Your recording was just perfect.

26. wj3 / Walt - Take me home country roads I hope it is okay to sing along as I listen because that is what I ended up doing. I liked it very much.

27. BillM (formerly b528nf7) - Mr. President (have pity on the working man) Bill it sounds like you don't even have to think about your playing when you perform as it is just second nature to you. Always nice to hear you play (and sing).

28. Strings & Wood - Op. 68, No. 16 (Erster Verlust) Wow, so that is what a nice piano without the recording levels messed up sounds like. Beautiful Carl. I keep thinking (and wondering) if you really are going to be playing your piano along with me in the middle of the night...(I really do that!). Very nice performance and your recording levels are just perfect.

29. serge88 - Your Song Oh I loved this performance Serge. One of my favorite piano tunes and you did a great job with this.

30. paquijote - Invention No. 7 in E minor - J.S. Bach Nice tricky trills and performance of a difficult piece. Well done.

Edited by mr_super-hunky (02/17/11 03:19 PM)

#1622217 - 02/17/11 03:19 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: ten left thumbs]
Peyton Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: ten left thumbs

OK, what's clipping?

Clipping is a form of distortion that occurs when your recorder is pushed beyond its maximum capability. In my program (Metro) you can see the waveform go off the chart and know that you are clipping. You then turn down your levels.

#1622221 - 02/17/11 03:22 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
LaValse Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Sorry Hunk - I think I was trying so hard not to think of Llamas and beautiful wood houses that I probably messed yours up... frown

#1622229 - 02/17/11 03:29 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
wouter79 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

"What to do???

Some type of intervention may be needed!"

Intervention... manual intervention I suggest laugh Simply turn down the recorder volume or put the mic further away? And always test you have enough headroom (>12dB for pianos) with a loud chord when you start recording.

#1622231 - 02/17/11 03:29 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
mr_super-hunky Offline
4000 Post Club Member

"Clipping" is when you get so excited that your actually playing the tune somewhat correctly that you tend to get faster and faster as well as louder and louder. Before long you may even find yourself banging the keys because you are getting so pumped and into your performance.

The problem is your performance is starting to get further and further away from the way you originally intended to perform it which includes where you originally set your recorders gain settings.

A nice, relaxed performance goes well with a moderate gain setting on the recorder but if you start banging away much louder than than your original intended recorder gain setting, all hell breaks loose! You end up getting a harsh/brash sound and literally end up cutting off the sounds that exceeded your recording levels leaving distorion/squelch sounds in its place..(NOT good).

The solution: simply relax and play in a manner that is compatible with the original gain settings and don't start going nuts halfway through the piece....(not that I have any personal experience or problems in this area. I'm just sayin'!).

#1622248 - 02/17/11 03:42 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
TTigg Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Southern California
Second batch…

11. Monica K. - The Meadow
Great stuff Monica. I’m loving the new camera, may have to seriously indulge in that upgrade. I’m currently working on some Twilight stuff also so this was very enjoyable to listen to, great stuff as always!

12. John Frank - Two Waltz Medley : Waltz in B Minor & Waltz in D Major
Excellent work JF, you’ve been a busy boy. You nail the dynamics in this piece very well, really shows the hard work you’ve been putting in

13. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Gypsy Legend
Doing very well indeed for such a short time at the keys, thanks for sharing!

LOVED IT! Really really good. I confess that I have loved Jazz for many years but I am a long ways off tackling any of this yet so I’ll just enjoy listening instead – thanks for sharing!

15. Todd Vance - Waltz, in C# Minor Op. 64 #2
Impressive opening! Really powerful tune. You’ve been playing approx the same time as me and your practice and persistence shows – nicely done

16. Joangolfing - Sonata E Major Op.14 No.1 Allegretto
Very nicely done, well played, I love the smoothness and dynamics of this piece

17. Inlanding - Glen - Medley of Three
A great composition and enjoyable to listen to. Couldn’t find the link on your YT to the video though?

18. Ken. - Monk Medley - Misterioso & Bye-ya
Very nicely played Ken, love the sound of your Spinet!

19. Mateusz 'Mati' Papiernik - Odin Sphere no Theme
Great stuff, very enjoyable and yep, funny how learning and or playing for someone special makes it that much enjoyable : )

20. True Beginner - Winter Serenade
Your ability to capture moods in your compositions is uncanny. Amazing stuff and you never fail to delivery – great stuff!

More to follow later…

My You Tube | My Box.net

#1622257 - 02/17/11 03:47 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: LaValse]
MaryBee Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Cleveland, OH
36. MaryBee - Sheep May Safely Graze image that came to mind
Ha! My teacher suggested trying to get a stately mood with the left hand. I guess I did it! grin

#1622260 - 02/17/11 03:53 PM Re: Recital #21 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Peyton Offline
2000 Post Club Member

#38. Andy Platt- I had to sit at the computer this afternoon and do some Photoshop work. Your's is the first piece I chose to listen to and it's perfect for what I'm doing...

#41. Cathy- this is close.

#16. Joangolfing-

#24. LaValse-

I really don't have an image to do it justice..just beautifully played. but here...

Page 6 of 14 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Is Yamaha CVP-609 better than the best of Kawai and Roland?
by viettube22
Today at 04:48 AM
Eric Heidsieck Chopin recordings removed from Youtube
by Opus_Maximus
Today at 03:10 AM
Do chord substitutions need to be diatonic to the key
by DeadPoets
Today at 02:43 AM
How practical is amateur piano tuning for one's self only?
by amv256
Today at 01:46 AM
What are some cool piano facebook groups?
by brucepiano
Today at 01:36 AM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,428 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,368 Topics
2,410,965 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission