Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#1621775 - 02/16/11 11:52 PM Considering firing my teacher.
DissonantTurtle Offline

Loc: Michigan, United States, Earth...
I started practicing piano again last fathers day or so. A couple months later, probably right around August or September I started taking lessons again in order to prep me for my Audition to a university which is coming up March 11th. As of late I am not very happy with the teacher I hired and am thinking of firing her.

For starters, she has been aware from day one that my reason for hiring her was to prep for this audition, and while she has been steering me in the right direction I sometimes don't feel like she has planned it out as well as she could have. One of the things that they are supposedly testing on for my audition is sight reading and yet even though I am absolutely terrible at it, she never has me work on it at all. Many lessons I have brought it up but she always says "I don't think they'll place much emphasis on that" or something to the like. I just drive away from my lesson shaking my head. "I don't think" doesn't inspire confidence in me at all. There is another issue with my preparation that may end up being long winded so I won't go into it.

The other thing, besides the preparation, that irks me is that I sometimes have an issue where I need to communicate with my instructor outside of the lesson especially as this audition is getting closer but she acts as if I'm somehow overstepping my bounds by doing so. For instance, one time I emailed her with a handful of pieces I was suggesting for using in my Romantic Era selection during the audition. She responded that she didn't have time to listen to them and that she spent a lot of time going over the pieces she selected for me. She then went on to mention how her brother was in a severe car accident. Her irritability and shortness in the email made a lot of sense and I could understand that it must have been a very stressful time for her so I let it go. Anyhow, just last week I was kind of stressed out as someone of you may remember from a post I put on here about how I had to learn a Bach Fugue and Schubert Moment Musical Piece in a short time. I emailed her my frustrations and worries about the time frame. After digesting the feedback I got on here I decided to drop the Bach Fugue and Schubert piece and go with a piece I knew I could tackle but that was still strong enough for an audition(in my opinion) since I'm not going for performance but for composition. I communicated this in my email as well. However, she never responded to it. A few days later I finally called her phone and left a message. The next day she returned my call and left a voice mail. I couldn't hear all that she said but I caught that she had received my email and it seems like I had made up my mind.

Today I had a lesson with her and despite my focus and engagement in the lesson she seemed rather distant. Although she still managed to find the energy to quibble with me on something ridiculous and also manage to contradict something she said in a previous lesson.

Now, I just want to iterate that I think she would be a splendid teacher for little kids but I'm starting to think that she and I should part ways. She will be moving in August or so, and out of the state at that so it is not likely to continue much longer no matter what.

Am I over reacting? It is difficult to communicate nuances of a working relationship in a forum post but I tried.

Edited by DissonantTurtle (02/16/11 11:55 PM)

(ad) Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#1621778 - 02/17/11 12:00 AM Re: Considering firing my teacher. [Re: DissonantTurtle]
boo1234 Offline

Maybe she seems cold and distant lately because you calling and emailing her all the time is bugging her. Your teacher's life does not revolve around you.

Edited by boo1234 (02/17/11 12:01 AM)

#1621784 - 02/17/11 12:07 AM Re: Considering firing my teacher. [Re: DissonantTurtle]
DissonantTurtle Offline

Loc: Michigan, United States, Earth...
That's fine, nor do I think it does. But I'm sure I can find a teacher who will take the time to respond to my emails and communicate with me if I have questions. An email is a very convenient form of communication. That is not asking too much at all.

#1621794 - 02/17/11 12:21 AM Re: Considering firing my teacher. [Re: boo1234]
CraigG Offline

Loc: Canada
My teacher is similar. Although we get along fine and chat during lessons, I don't think she is really all that interested in interacting with me outside of them. She has 25 students, and probably doesn't have time (or desire) to answer numerous emails or converse with all of us. When I emailed her to tell her that my wife had a baby and I would miss my next lesson (and included a baby picture), she didn't respond. But I'm not paying her to be my friend, just to teach me how to play. Luckily for me she is a good teacher.

If you are going to fire her, I would do it based on her teaching ability alone, or maybe on her personality during your lessons, but I would try not to factor in how she acts towards you outside of the lessons. Maybe she just doesn't care, and that is her perogative.

Edit: I agree that a simple and courteous response to an email is probably not too much to ask.

Edited by CraigG (02/17/11 12:22 AM)

#1621797 - 02/17/11 12:26 AM Re: Considering firing my teacher. [Re: DissonantTurtle]
currawong Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Down Under
Originally Posted By: DissonantTurtle
That's fine, nor do I think it does. But I'm sure I can find a teacher who will take the time to respond to my emails and communicate with me if I have questions. An email is a very convenient form of communication. That is not asking too much at all.
You might ask her what her preferred method of communication between lessons is. And if you are going to change teachers and will be expecting the new one to respond to emails it might be a good idea to check first, before you start with him/her. Some teachers will simply not have the time to deal with too many between-lesson communications.

#1621813 - 02/17/11 12:51 AM Re: Considering firing my teacher. [Re: DissonantTurtle]
liszt85 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

In your entire post, the only thing I could find that could possibly be the fault of the teacher is the sight reading issue. She should probably focus on that when requested and help you be at ease about having to sight read at the audition. Not responding to emails is fine as you are not paying her to spend time responding to emails or to listen to stuff that you send her, etc. If you wanted her to listen to stuff and help you decide, do that during lesson time. Pay for an extra lesson if you want. Unless she does it as a favor to you, she is not obliged to do any of what you think you are owed.
Next in line:
Chopin: Ballade No. 1 in G minor, Op.23
Debussy: Le vent dans la plaine (Prelude 3, Book 1)
Debussy: Les sons et les parfums tournent dans l'air du soir (Prelude 4, Book 1)

#1621819 - 02/17/11 01:10 AM Re: Considering firing my teacher. [Re: liszt85]
Akira Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
I would suggest sitting down with her and discussing the points you've just brought up. Allow her the opportunity to address them and she will either defend her actions or take the appropriate corrective actions. If you are still not satisfied with either, I'd move on to someone who is willing to work with you more effectively.

Clearly nothing will change (for the better) if you take no action.

#1621830 - 02/17/11 01:34 AM Re: Considering firing my teacher. [Re: DissonantTurtle]
btb Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Pretoria South Africa
Ye Olde DISSONANT Turtle says it all
(8 good ways to shoot yourself in the foot) ... in response to an objective

I started taking lessons again in order to prep me for my Audition to a university which is coming up March 11th ...

but out of the horses mouth (re: Piano Teacher)

1. I sometimes don't feel like she has PLANNED IT out as well as she could have.

2. Sight-reading and yet even though I AM ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE at it,

3. Communicate with my instructor OUTSIDE of the lesson

4. She spent a LOT OF TIME going over the pieces she selected for me.

5. I had to learn a Bach Fugue and Schubert Moment Musical Piece IN A SHORT TIME.

6. I'm not going FOR PERFORMANCE but for composition.

7. It seems like I had MADE UP MY MIND.

8.To quibble with me on something RIDICULOUS

And the chappie asks

“Am I over reacting?”

In my school ... I’d be reaching for the tar and feathers!!

#1621841 - 02/17/11 02:42 AM Re: Considering firing my teacher. [Re: DissonantTurtle]
stores Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Here, as opposed to there
Originally Posted By: DissonantTurtle

Am I over reacting?

Re-read your post again and tell me what YOU think.

"And if we look at the works of J.S. Bach — a benevolent god to which all musicians should offer a prayer to defend themselves against mediocrity... -Debussy

"It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right."

♪ ≠ $

#1621885 - 02/17/11 05:38 AM Re: Considering firing my teacher. [Re: DissonantTurtle]
debrucey Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Manchester, UK
I would certainly not react well to a teacher that didn't like to be contacted outside of lessons. It's not like an email demands an immediate response, so its hardly massively inconvenient. I don't know what pieces you suggested to her, but if they were standard romantic era peices I would be quite surprised if my teacher had to listen to them to make a decision.
Part of being a piano teacher is being a mentor. If you don't care about your student's progress/success then there's not point.
Esa-Pekka Salonen - Dichotomie
Kevin Oldham - Ballade, Op. 17

#1621887 - 02/17/11 05:41 AM Re: Considering firing my teacher. [Re: btb]
-Frycek Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: SC Mountains
Originally Posted By: btb
Ye Olde DISSONANT Turtle says it all
(8 good ways to shoot yourself in the foot) ... in response to an objective

I started taking lessons again in order to prep me for my Audition to a university which is coming up March 11th ...

but out of the horses mouth (re: Piano Teacher)

1. I sometimes don't feel like she has PLANNED IT out as well as she could have.

2. Sight-reading and yet even though I AM ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE at it,

3. Communicate with my instructor OUTSIDE of the lesson

4. She spent a LOT OF TIME going over the pieces she selected for me.

5. I had to learn a Bach Fugue and Schubert Moment Musical Piece IN A SHORT TIME.

6. I'm not going FOR PERFORMANCE but for composition.

7. It seems like I had MADE UP MY MIND.

8.To quibble with me on something RIDICULOUS

And the chappie asks

“Am I over reacting?”

In my school ... I’d be reaching for the tar and feathers!!

1+

And why do you think you need the teacher to help you work on sightreading? Get yourself a hymnal and go at it.

#1621892 - 02/17/11 05:55 AM Re: Considering firing my teacher. [Re: debrucey]
currawong Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Down Under
Originally Posted By: debrucey
I would certainly not react well to a teacher that didn't like to be contacted outside of lessons. It's not like an email demands an immediate response, so its hardly massively inconvenient.
One mightn't be, but if you have 30 students who all want to send you one or two emails per week, well, you can see why some teachers might not have the time.

#1621895 - 02/17/11 06:04 AM Re: Considering firing my teacher. [Re: DissonantTurtle]
LimeFriday Offline

Loc: Australia
If I found I needed time outside of lessons with my teacher I would see if I could schedule an extra lesson with her - or ask to extend my lesson time - and pay for that time.

I know it doesn't sound like you are asking too much... but as a teacher your time outside of students is pretty precious... there isn't always a whole lot of it! With the time pressures you have to get yourself prepared for the audition - it would be worth asking if your teacher has extra time for a longer lesson or extra lesson in order to deal with these things you need help with between lessons.

#1621899 - 02/17/11 06:14 AM Re: Considering firing my teacher. [Re: DissonantTurtle]
bennevis Online   content
4000 Post Club Member

Personally, I feel that expecting your teacher (who you paid for the lessons and nothing else) to give you extra time outside of lesson time is like expecting to be able to consult your doctor or lawyer (by phone or e-mail) outside of your booked consultation time, whenever you want. If you are a doctor, would you like it if your patient e-mails you and expect answers to his health questions without paying you extra, and wants you to look up stuff for him?

#1621900 - 02/17/11 06:15 AM Re: Considering firing my teacher. [Re: DissonantTurtle]
debrucey Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Manchester, UK
Hmm, I still disagree. I think as a teacher, even a private one, you make a commitment to your students study-related needs and sometimes they may need your advice more than once a week. Its what you sign up for when you become a teacher. Like all the marking youd be expected to do outside paid hours if you were a school teacher. Of course because they are private lessons, no communication outside of them could be defended, but I still think it betrays a poor teaching ethos.

Edited by debrucey (02/17/11 06:16 AM)
Esa-Pekka Salonen - Dichotomie
Kevin Oldham - Ballade, Op. 17

#1621907 - 02/17/11 06:48 AM Re: Considering firing my teacher. [Re: DissonantTurtle]
Lemon Pledge Offline

Am I the only one here put off by the OP's talk of "hiring" and "firing" his teacher? Dissonant Turtle, your piano teacher is not your employee.

#1621918 - 02/17/11 07:26 AM Re: Considering firing my teacher. [Re: DissonantTurtle]
apple* Offline

Loc: Kansas
MArch 11th is coming right up. You expect a lot of your teacher.

As for sight reading..

pick a book or two below your level and get at it as Frycek says. Can you sight read arpeggios and scales? Can you identify notes above, between and below the staves? I think the trick to acquiring that skill is to do it. One does not practice over and over. I think the quickest way (and I really don't know) to acquire that skill is to do it. simply reading through the music, finding the notes before moving on, paying attention to phrases, rests, dynamics and note values.

You are not going to learn much in 3+ weeks, but you can polish the skills you have and gain confidence and calm. I don't think you are going to get that from your teacher.

best of luck.. don't freak.

love and peace, Õun (apple in Estonian)

#1621923 - 02/17/11 07:36 AM Re: Considering firing my teacher. [Re: DissonantTurtle]
Andromaque Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: New York
Well the OP may be a bit overreacting and frustrated at feeling unprepared, especially with a fast coming audition.. But that teacher, as described, does not seem to have much empathy.. Teachers worth their salt get equally invested in their students' auditions and struggles. .
Listening to this side of the story, one senses that said teacher does not believe the student is prepared or remotely ready for the audition and that she has already given up preparing him/her.. Or that the two have not yet really bonded and the teacher is still disengaged.

#1621956 - 02/17/11 08:30 AM Re: Considering firing my teacher. [Re: Lemon Pledge]
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
Originally Posted By: Lemon Pledge
Am I the only one here put off by the OP's talk of "hiring" and "firing" his teacher? Dissonant Turtle, your piano teacher is not your employee.

Nor is the person who cuts your grass, but you do hire people to cut your grass (well, some folks do) -and before you ask... I'm a teacher. You hire a tutor, you hire a personal trainer, you can hire a teacher. If you can hire, you can fire.

In anycase, I took it more in terms of the OP being ready to move on to another teacher rather than take it literally.

To the OP:

My take on this is that if your audition is in March why are you waiting til February to start complaining about it? If you know your sightreading is weak, why haven't you insisted on getting help for that?
Take some responsibility.

As for contacting the teacher outside of lesson times - most teachers I know don't mind- and most students don't do it. I can tell a class of 15 people that they can contact me if they have questions, but only 1 or 2 will ever do so.
It could be that this teacher doesn't want to be bothered but all you have to do is ask and set the boundaries.

Sounds like you have some serious work to crunch into the next month - good luck .

#1621967 - 02/17/11 08:53 AM Re: Considering firing my teacher. [Re: Lemon Pledge]
-Frycek Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: SC Mountains
Originally Posted By: Lemon Pledge

I did. I found it offensive. The relationship between a teacher of the arts and his pupil involves respect on the part of both parties, particularly on the part of the student, otherwise how can one learn? This quality is palpably lacking on the part of at least one of the parties in this particular relationship.

#1621973 - 02/17/11 09:04 AM Re: Considering firing my teacher. [Re: DissonantTurtle]
Dustin Sanders Offline

Loc: US
If you can sight read very well it will impress. When I auditioned at Towson Uni , I had recovered from a serious surgery and couldn't do much of anything with my left hand ... but I knew the professor there and he smiled and just said 'open the book to the last page of that sight reading book' and so I did. I played it perfectly , no wrong notes , perfect rhythm , nuances. They immediately accepted me. I didn't have to do anything else.

Your teacher may not know how to teach sightreading ... some teachers just don't know how themselves nor teach it to anyone.

If I were you I would find a new teacher. If a car is not to your liking you'd change it. If a restaurant serves you bad quality food consistently you'd change it. No different than a teacher.

#1621996 - 02/17/11 09:35 AM Re: Considering firing my teacher. [Re: Dustin Sanders]
Arghhh Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Dustin Sanders
If you can sight read very well it will impress. When I auditioned at Towson Uni , I had recovered from a serious surgery and couldn't do much of anything with my left hand ... but I knew the professor there and he smiled and just said 'open the book to the last page of that sight reading book' and so I did. I played it perfectly , no wrong notes , perfect rhythm , nuances. They immediately accepted me. I didn't have to do anything else.

Your teacher may not know how to teach sightreading ... some teachers just don't know how themselves nor teach it to anyone.

OTOH, there are many performance majors who are terrible at sight reading and it may be based on this fact that your teacher thinks it is not important at this point to teach it.

I did notice one other thing in your post - I sometimes find it more difficult to be a student as an adult. I think about how things should go if I were the teacher (which I'm NOT), and don't always accept everything my teacher says. Generally a younger student just accepts this and trusts that the teacher knows what they are doing. Since your teacher said she spent a lot of time selecting your pieces, I would accept that. If you wish to change your pieces, this type of subject is better talked about in person, starting with your concern in getting them adequately prepared in the short amount of time. If phrased that way, the teacher should not start being defensive and be willing to discuss this.

#1622006 - 02/17/11 09:59 AM Re: Considering firing my teacher. [Re: DissonantTurtle]
R0B Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I sometimes wonder at the mentality of those who start this kind of thread.
What does any OP hope to gain from it?
Some kind of affirmation from complete strangers, who have no idea of the dynamics involved in a given situation?

If I were the teacher in question, and happened to come across this post, I would have no hesitation in 'firing' the student.

Communication, and confidentiality, between teacher and student is paramount.
If you cannot discuss, and resolve these issues with your teacher, in an adult
manner, then leave.
But don't ever think you have 'fired' the teacher.
He/she will probably breathe a sigh of relief.

#1622017 - 02/17/11 10:18 AM Re: Considering firing my teacher. [Re: R0B]
Steve Chandler Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Urbandale, Iowa
Originally Posted By: R0B
I sometimes wonder at the mentality of those who start this kind of thread.
What does any OP hope to gain from it?
Some kind of affirmation from complete strangers, who have no idea of the dynamics involved in a given situation?

If I were the teacher in question, and happened to come across this post, I would have no hesitation in 'firing' the student.

Communication, and confidentiality, between teacher and student is paramount.
If you cannot discuss, and resolve these issues with your teacher, in an adult
manner, then leave.
But don't ever think you have 'fired' the teacher.
He/she will probably breathe a sigh of relief.
I disagree. This is not a legal or psychological situation, there is no duty of nondisclosure. The OP being young is unsure what to expect and is asking others who may be older (I'm 56) how his/her teacher's behavior compares with others' experience. The consensus seems to be that the teacher could have done a better job communicating, but the student could have been more proactive and working on sight reading. You make a good point about acting in an adult manner, but who's the adult here (answer, not the student)?

It seems to me that this student was clear from the beginning what the objective was (pass the audition). It may have been overly ambitious given the time frame but the teacher took on the task rather than cautioning the student. If this teacher was an adult he/she should have told the student if he/she didn't think they could do it. Instead this teacher continues to take the student's money and is taking the student questionings as a personal afront.

To the OP your audition may prove to be be a learning experience, a speedbump on the larger road of life. You've got a lot of work to do between now and March 11. My advice download and print as much free sheet mueic as you can and start reading. You may be surprised at how much progress you can make if you invest a few hours a day in sight reading practice. That is always reading music you've never seen before. The rest of your practice should be polishing your audition pieces. If you don't have them in your fingers now it's probably too late. good luck.

#1622026 - 02/17/11 10:34 AM Re: Considering firing my teacher. [Re: DissonantTurtle]
R0B Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Congratulations on being 56.
Precisely the same age as me.

The student is surely, if not already, rapidly approaching adulthood.

We do not not know that the teacher advised that the student's expectations were unfeasible, given the time frame.
We have only one side of the story to go on.

By the student's own admission, we know that they only, comparatively recently resumed lessons.
Maybe the student's expectations were unrealistic.
But the bottom line is, if the student is unhappy with his/her results, they should take steps to address the fact.
The phrase, 'firing my teacher', speaks volumes.

#1622030 - 02/17/11 10:44 AM Re: Considering firing my teacher. [Re: DissonantTurtle]
wavelength Offline

Loc: Vermont, USA
"She responded that she didn't have time to listen to them and that she spent a lot of time going over the pieces she selected for me."

I would say that studying with this teacher isn't helping you. Not because the teacher is failing, but because you are not willing to submit to her teaching. I see this in college kids all the time, especially boys. I was like that myself, and it was a tremendous handicap. Regardless of what you think, a teacher is not the hired help to be at your disposal and to be your assistant for the study plan that you have devised, or some kind of reference librarian.

There's nothing in your post that indicates a shortcoming in the teacher. But it's clear that you don't respect her, and that you will not submit to her. She may be terrible- but nothing you've described says that to me.

Edited by wavelength (02/17/11 10:45 AM)

#1622031 - 02/17/11 10:47 AM Re: Considering firing my teacher. [Re: Dustin Sanders]
stores Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Here, as opposed to there

Not everyone knows a professor who will give you a leg up (smile wink, smile wink...turn to the last page sonny haha). I don't mean to burst your bubble, but your acceptance probably had very little to do with your ability to sight read judging from what you yourself just posted.

"And if we look at the works of J.S. Bach — a benevolent god to which all musicians should offer a prayer to defend themselves against mediocrity... -Debussy

"It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right."

♪ ≠ $

#1622050 - 02/17/11 11:35 AM Re: Considering firing my teacher. [Re: stores]
Dustin Sanders Offline

Loc: US
Originally Posted By: stores

Not everyone knows a professor who will give you a leg up (smile wink, smile wink...turn to the last page sonny haha). I don't mean to burst your bubble, but your acceptance probably had very little to do with your ability to sight read judging from what you yourself just posted.

Well , the other professors had no idea who I was but they didn't need to discuss anything. The back page was no picnic I assure you - But I'm just sayin ... I was very lucky to know how to sight read. It doesn't take that much time to help someone with it and I feel any teacher should be able to help in that regard, something this persons teacher has failed to help with.

You could be correct about it not having anything to do with it , but I like to think it did smile

#1622333 - 02/17/11 05:28 PM Re: Considering firing my teacher. [Re: casinitaly]
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

Loc: Lexington, Kentucky
Originally Posted By: casinitaly
As for contacting the teacher outside of lesson times - most teachers I know don't mind- and most students don't do it. I can tell a class of 15 people that they can contact me if they have questions, but only 1 or 2 will ever do so.

+1. I tell my students that my office hours are the loneliest hours of my week. laugh

That being said, I agree with the sentiments expressed in this thread, which can probably be summed as:

1.) DissonantTurtle needs to take more responsibility for his/her preparation for this audition, and

2.) The fit between DT and his/her teacher may not be optimal.

#1622340 - 02/17/11 05:43 PM Re: Considering firing my teacher. [Re: DissonantTurtle]
lilylady Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: boston north
To the OP -

YOU could not hire me - I am not for hire; therefore YOU could not fire me.

I fine your attitude offensive to those of us who give so much to the teaching profession.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Brendan, Kreisler 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
190 registered (accordeur, acortot, 36251, 56 invisible), 1642 Guests and 30 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74232 Members
42 Forums
153553 Topics
2250443 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
OT: John Passion
by wimpiano
04/18/14 04:33 PM
3/4 time for 6/8 time comping patterns?
by Ben Ther
04/18/14 04:33 PM
Shanks with parallel wood grain
by JohnSprung
04/18/14 04:15 PM
Pinblocks & bridges... How long do they last?
by Piano Practice
04/18/14 03:58 PM
Spinoff: What do we think of "technique seminars"?
by TwoSnowflakes
04/18/14 02:46 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission