3. If a word is misspelled in the dictionary, how would we ever know?
Luckily we have more than one dictionary?
4. If Webster wrote the first dictionary, where did he find the words?
In the newspaper?
5. Why do we say something is out of whack? What is a whack?
1. a sharp or resounding blow.
2. a try or attempt
3. a specified share of or contribution to something
12. Doesn't "expecting the unexpected" make the unexpected expected?
No, you can't expect the unexpected
14. Why do "overlook" and "oversee" mean opposite things?
16. If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay you to do it?
That I like it does not mean that the boss likes it
18. If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?
The lingery is for ugly women to hide themselves in. They only take off the lingery AFTER you're blinded
21. Why do you press harder on the buttons of a remote control when you know the batteries are dead?
Because the symptoms of broken buttons and flat batteries are similar?