Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) End Stage Fright
End Stage Fright
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#1625456 - 02/21/11 06:56 PM Re: Kawai MP6 vs Roland 300NX vs Roland FP-F7 [Re: Kawai James]
rickshapiro Offline

Originally Posted By: Kawai James
larry c., I would recommend using the Dealer Locator link on the KawaiUS website at the following URL:

http://www.kawaius.com/nav_links/dealer_locator2010.html

If this does not provide any local dealers, it's probably best to contact Kawai US directly either by telephone or email:

http://www.kawaius.com/nav_links/contacts2010.html

Kind regards,
James
x

It is really not about finding a dealer but finding one who actually has the product in stock. I've called 5 of the dealers off your link only to find none of them have the MP6 in stock but they were all happy to order it for me. I live in New Jersey, a pretty densely populated state, you would figure someone would have it.

I've tried and visited 3 Sam Ash's including Cherry Hill, Edison and NYC and there was no representation of Kawai SP nor did Freehold Music (other then a older MP8 II).

I assumed these were not "hot" sellers and most folks did not want to take the risk of these sitting on the showroom for an extended period of time.

Edited by rickshapiro (02/21/11 07:05 PM)

Nord NP88,Yamaha Motif ES7, Ensoniq KS32, Brodmann 187 Grand, JV2080, GR20, JV90, MKS-20, Sonar S1, Reaper, ACID, Record/Reason, Samplitude, VOX Tonelab, Tech21 Power Engine, NI, Kore, True Piano, Sampletank, Komplete, Bluesky Studio Monitors Yamaha 01X, Line 6 HD500, tons of guitars.

(ad) Roland

Click Here

#1625471 - 02/21/11 07:12 PM Re: Kawai MP6 vs Roland 300NX vs Roland FP-F7 [Re: activistaccord]
Kawai James Online   content
8000 Post Club Member

Loc: Hamamatsu, Japan
rickshapiro,

Originally Posted By: rickshapiro
I assumed these were not "hot" sellers and most folks did not want to take the risk of these sitting on the showroom for an extended period of time.

It's perhaps true that the MP6/MP10 are a harder sale for traditional acoustic piano dealers due to their appearance, and the fact that these models do not feature built-in speakers. Generally speaking, the MP6/MP10 appeals to a different kind of consumer than a acoustic piano or console-type (CA/CN series) digital piano.

Given the extensive efforts you have already gone to to play-test these instruments, my recommendation would be to call/email KawaiUS directly.

Kind regards,
James
x

"Richard, none of us could forget you have a CLP-990." - EssBrace, 2014

#1625478 - 02/21/11 07:24 PM Re: Kawai MP6 vs Roland 300NX vs Roland FP-F7 [Re: Kawai James]
rickshapiro Offline

Originally Posted By: Kawai James
rickshapiro,

Originally Posted By: rickshapiro

It's perhaps true that the MP6/MP10 are a harder sale for traditional acoustic piano dealers due to their appearance, and the fact that these models do not feature built-in speakers. Generally speaking, the MP6/MP10 appeals to a different kind of consumer than a acoustic piano or console-type (CA/CN series) digital piano.

Given the extensive efforts you have already gone to to play-test these instruments, my recommendation would be to call/email KawaiUS directly.

Kind regards,
James
x

James,

Thank you for the reply. I have sent an email, let me see what they come back with.

Nord NP88,Yamaha Motif ES7, Ensoniq KS32, Brodmann 187 Grand, JV2080, GR20, JV90, MKS-20, Sonar S1, Reaper, ACID, Record/Reason, Samplitude, VOX Tonelab, Tech21 Power Engine, NI, Kore, True Piano, Sampletank, Komplete, Bluesky Studio Monitors Yamaha 01X, Line 6 HD500, tons of guitars.

#1625481 - 02/21/11 07:29 PM Re: Kawai MP6 vs Roland 300NX vs Roland FP-F7 [Re: activistaccord]
rickshapiro Offline

Perhaps this is another topic but the large retailers such as Sam Ash and Guitar Center appear to be carrying less and less professional level equipment and moving to large volume of consumer level equipment. A long time employee at GC even confirmed this. I guess we will be left with Sweetwater and the phethera of Ebay stores.

Edited by rickshapiro (02/21/11 09:57 PM)

#1625509 - 02/21/11 08:13 PM Re: Kawai MP6 vs Roland 300NX vs Roland FP-F7 [Re: activistaccord]
KHen Offline

Loc: North America
I'm curious what did you ask them in your email to Kawai US? The nearest dealer for me is a 3 hour drive away and they only carry the older cn22 and none of the upgraded models with RH action and PHI sound. I asked them if they had the MP6 or the CN23, so I could atleast try the new RH action, but they didn't even know any new models were released.

It's really hard for me to try these instruments because I have to essentially take an entire day off and make a drive to Seattle to demo anything. I guess I could purchase something without even demoing it yet, but that sounds dangerous.

#1625552 - 02/21/11 09:14 PM Re: Kawai MP6 vs Roland 300NX vs Roland FP-F7 [Re: activistaccord]
larry c. Offline

Hello,

Thank you all for your help in finding a dealer who has the MP6 available to try/buy.

I contacted Kawai US with the following question:

"Hello,
Can you tell me where I can try and perhaps purchase a Kawai Mp-6 in the greater NYC area?
I could go to any of the 5 boroughs of New York, or New Jersey, or Connecticut if necessary.
I'm interested in this instrument but don't know where to go to test it out.
Thank you"

and received this response.

"Thanks for your interest in the new MP6. We are putting the MP6 into several Sam Ash stores in the area."

I contacted the Sam Ash store in Brooklyn, but they do not stock it, but said they could order one for me. They would not have one in the store to try out.

I will continue to search for dealers in the nyc area. Any other suggestions are much appreciated.

with best,

larry c.

#1625570 - 02/21/11 09:35 PM Re: Kawai MP6 vs Roland 300NX vs Roland FP-F7 [Re: larry c.]
Zman Offline

Loc: Connecticut
Larry,
Sam Ash got an MP6 in the NYC store (48th St.) last Friday. They had the box on the floor and unfortunately I couldn't wait for the "unboxing", although really wanted to try it out. I think they were planning on putting it on the floor as a demo. It's probably worth a call before you go though, as there was only one and they may have sold it over the weekend.

Regards,

Z

#1625582 - 02/21/11 09:52 PM Re: Kawai MP6 vs Roland 300NX vs Roland FP-F7 [Re: Zman]
rickshapiro Offline

Originally Posted By: Zman
Larry,
Sam Ash got an MP6 in the NYC store (48th St.) last Friday. They had the box on the floor and unfortunately I couldn't wait for the "unboxing", although really wanted to try it out. I think they were planning on putting it on the floor as a demo. It's probably worth a call before you go though, as there was only one and they may have sold it over the weekend.

Regards,

Z

Funny, I was there around 11:30AM this Friday and they did not have one in. They said they would call me if one came in. It is actually where I tried the Nord. It was a nice day though in NYC, 65 degrees.

Edited by rickshapiro (02/21/11 09:55 PM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
146 registered (36251, alex-kid, 48 invisible), 1540 Guests and 53 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74206 Members
42 Forums
153507 Topics
2249553 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Beginner adult book to read AWAY from the piano?
by What?
04/16/14 07:46 PM
Sharing custom patches for Ravenscroft?
by Tonio
04/16/14 07:40 PM
Mozart K310 fingering
by Morodiene
04/16/14 07:11 PM
1952 Bechstein Grand Piano - family needs appraisal
by feigede
04/16/14 05:43 PM
Ruben Schoutrop - Nocturne Op. 55 No. 1 in F Minor
by Ruben1
04/16/14 05:14 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission