2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
23 members (AlkansBookcase, cmoody31, dh371, Fried Chicken, 20/20 Vision, admodios, clothearednincompo, crab89, 6 invisible), 1,245 guests, and 300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#1629840 02/28/11 11:25 AM
B
Brynden Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I was just thinking of an idea I heard somewhere - not sure where I heard it though. It's using a repertoire sheet where you list all the pieces the student is learning and then you have spaces to put stickers or something beside each piece in columns of either "perfected", "memorized", "good", "satisfactory". Not sure if those are all the headings but then the student knows which songs they have really done well at and which they could work harder on. Does anyone use a system like this or something similar? I was thinking of creating some sort of chart like this...

Hi Brynden,

I made a "Solo Repertoire Progress Chart" for tracking the student's progress on individual pieces over several weeks/lessons. There are rows for several areas of preparation, and columns to mark a score or give feedback, maybe just happy/sad faces for little students.

Here is a link: http://www.box.net/shared/7fy0tyh9ab

Not sure if this would be helpful (unless you have your students prepare Guild programs or otherwise memorize a lot of repertoire throughout the year), but for maintaining a list of pieces, we use this chart in my studio: http://www.box.net/shared/kaimkeh6cr

Hope this helps! It might be fun to customize your own chart to fit exactly what you and your students need.

~Adrienne

Private piano teacher in Lexington, Kentucky
Member MTNA, NGPT Board of Adjudicators
http://www.pianolex.com
http://www.facebook.com/pianolex
B
Brynden Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks Adrienne,

Yea I wanted to see what other people were using before I started creating my own. That first one is really good. I can't see myself using it with every single piece, but definitely for pieces students would be playing for recitals or exams. I may use that first one if it's okay with you. I'll still probably keep looking for one that I can list all the student's pieces on with kind of a general rating scale of how good each piece is when they leave it.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I have a book where I write down my students progress with their pieces and scales, and I have stickers with positive encouraging comments on them and I usually give them one on their music and one for themselves if they have done well, but I don't give them the direct comments on what the need to improve on e.t.c, but I always encourage my pupils and reward them with stickers which credits them.

Moderated by  platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,164
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission