Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1637218 - 03/09/11 08:50 AM desperate house mom, feeling guilty to play the piano
CoffeeLover Offline

Loc: LA, CA
Hello,

I have a 9-month-and-20-days-old son. My husband travels often so I've been alone with my son a lot.
My problem is that even though I love playing the piano, there are times that I can't find any time to sit on the bench at all. And when I do sit and play, my son is in his walker or in his pack-n-play. I just can't help but feel guilty about it so end up quiting playing.

I wish I can have fun with him at the piano. I try to let him touch the keys but all he does is banging the keys with both hands for a while and then lose interest. I also try to show him how I play his favorate song, Mozart sonata K545, but that doesn't last for long either.

(I dare to dream about him being a musician, especially a pianist, but that can be all up to him when he is old enough. )

So what do you do with your young kids at the piano just for fun?

I also would like to know what piece of music your kids loved to listen to when they were very young, meaning too young to get lessons.

(ads P/S)
Petrof Pianos

piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#1637224 - 03/09/11 09:05 AM Re: desperate house mom, feeling guilty to play the piano [Re: CoffeeLover]
Stanza Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Chapel Hill, NC
You need to buy the book "With Your Own Two Hands" by Semour Bernstein. In addition to many valuable insights, there is a chapter on "Why Don't You Practice". Among the real life stories is the one called "the cookie jar is empty". It deals with you are experiencing exactly.
Estonia L190 #7004
Casio PX 310
Yamaha NP 30

#1637242 - 03/09/11 09:27 AM Re: desperate house mom, feeling guilty to play the piano [Re: CoffeeLover]
Morodiene Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Boynton Beach, FL
A 9-month old does not have the small muscle control to use individual fingers with much luck? Can his pick up small things like a cheerio with his fingers, or is he grasping with his whole hand? The coordination is not there, but that doesn't mean he can't enjoy listening to you play and banging on the keys is perfectly acceptable for his age. He's trying to imitate you, but he doesn't have the coordination to do so yet.

Don't fell guilty for playing, he is learning while you do that. They absorb so much from observation. However, you may want to break up your practice sessions into 10 or 15 minute intervals. You can do several throughout the day and it will still be as effective as one hour session. Obviously if your child starts crying or has moved out of your peripheral vision then you'll need to stop to tend to him, but if he's in his pack and play in the same room with you then he should be safe, and you can focus on your playing.

Having a newborn is a very big challenge. I do not have any children myself, but my husband's sister had her first 21 months ago, and I've seen how it has impacted her life. And with your husband gone for a great deal fo time, I'm sure it is very, very difficult for you. All of your waking hours are spent caring for the needs of another, and this adjustment can be exhausting. This is why it's so important to take time to do something for *you* like playing piano. Try to schedule your 10-15 minute sessions throughout the day so it becomes a part of the routine for both you and your child. Children need routine, and if piano is a part of it then as he grows he will be more accepting of it. You can then gradually increase the practice session time as his ability to play alone in his pack and play increases (being able to keep oneself entertained is a very important skill that will help you keep your sanity wink ).
Petrof 9'2 Concert, Yamaha G3, Roland FP-7, Yamaha MOX6, Kawai MP11

#1637244 - 03/09/11 09:34 AM Re: desperate house mom, feeling guilty to play the piano [Re: CoffeeLover]
whichpiano Offline

Originally Posted By: CoffeeLover
Hello,

I have a 9-month-and-20-days-old son. My husband travels often so I've been alone with my son a lot.
My problem is that even though I love playing the piano, there are times that I can't find any time to sit on the bench at all. And when I do sit and play, my son is in his walker or in his pack-n-play. I just can't help but feel guilty about it so end up quiting playing.

I wish I can have fun with him at the piano. I try to let him touch the keys but all he does is banging the keys with both hands for a while and then lose interest. I also try to show him how I play his favorate song, Mozart sonata K545, but that doesn't last for long either.

(I dare to dream about him being a musician, especially a pianist, but that can be all up to him when he is old enough. )

So what do you do with your young kids at the piano just for fun?

I also would like to know what piece of music your kids loved to listen to when they were very young, meaning too young to get lessons.

I feel that if your son is able to play by himself and is not seeking for your attention, you should just carry on with your practise. He'll be building up his musical knowledge unknowingly.

At that young age (<1yrs old), I let my kids play with a variety of child-friendly instruments (drum, xylophone, shaker, etc). Singing some kiddy songs and songs that I like (non-kiddy stuffs) while playing on the instruments. My girl could sing Country Road before the age of 2.

In the process of playing with those simple instruments, you can tell him about rhythm, loudness, pitch. All these are useful fundamentals if he is to pick up a formal instrument in future.

No rules to teaching kids, just go with his flow. Don't feel guilty.

#1637250 - 03/09/11 09:42 AM Re: desperate house mom, feeling guilty to play the piano [Re: CoffeeLover]
apple* Offline

Loc: Kansas
My children loved my piano. I played it as soon as I put them down for naps and they used to ask me to play when they went to bed at nite.

As mentioned there are many ways to share musicality.. all which would impact the children positively. I do know that sometimes you just don't have time for piano with infants and toddlers.

love and peace, Ă•un (apple in Estonian)

#1637253 - 03/09/11 09:50 AM Re: desperate house mom, feeling guilty to play the piano [Re: CoffeeLover]
Andy Platt Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Virginia, USA
They'll grow up quick so hopefully this is a short term issue. I would try to grab those minutes where they are both napping - or at least when the newborn. Don't worry about your nine month old. Just think - some are plonked in front of the TV and still (mostly) grow up OK. What better way to develop than having his "own time" with you playing the piano.

Kawai K3

#1637265 - 03/09/11 10:04 AM Re: desperate house mom, feeling guilty to play the piano [Re: CoffeeLover]
ten left thumbs Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Scotland
Coffee lover - congratulations! thumb yippie

I remember when you first found out you were pregnant. I can't believe time has flown.

No words of wisdom here, but I thought I'd share with you what I've been up to - mum and baby singing groups:

www.babysinging.co.uk

I'm just back and today, by popular demand, we did Edelweiss. smile Bring me out in goosebumps, every time.

www.justfingers.co.uk
www.babysinging.co.uk

#1637281 - 03/09/11 10:22 AM Re: desperate house mom, feeling guilty to play the piano [Re: CoffeeLover]
joyoussong Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Canada
CoffeeLover,
I was once in a pottery class with a woman with 2 children, a toddler & a baby in a back pack. She would sit the toddler in a corner with a lump of clay, and sit down at the potters wheel with the baby in a backpack. She did this every week through a 3-month course - obviously, she was determined to carve out some 'me' time, no matter what she had to do to achieve it.
Several years later, I had been to art school & was teaching pottery in a community rec centre; I'd forgotten all about the woman with the kids. In my children's class, I had 2 amazing little girls, sisters, who stood out because of their creativity, enthusiasm, maturity, etc. They lived close to the centre, and usually walked home, but on the last day of the 3-month course, their mom came to pick them up - it was that same woman, and they were THOSE kids, who had obviously survived & flourished.

I'm not suggesting you try to play with the baby on your back (though who knows, maybe it's possible??? I wouldn't have thought it could be done on a potters wheel, either) but I think exposing children, no matter how small, to people's creative endeavours can only be a good thing, & it's likely even better when it's Mom who's creating. Think of the valuable lessons he'll learn while you're playing: he'll learn about music (supposedly very good for developing brain cells & reasoning skills); he'll learn about practicing something as many times as it takes till it's right; & he'll learn that Mom is a separate person who functions beyond attending to his needs.

& maybe in a few months, you can start playing duets! (Hey, people do it with cats.)

#1637317 - 03/09/11 10:55 AM Re: desperate house mom, feeling guilty to play the piano [Re: CoffeeLover]
Michael Steen Offline

Loc: Sciota, Pennsylvania
CoffeeLover,
After you've taken care of the children's basic needs, don't feel guilty at all for taking some time for you. Children need to learn early that, though they are loved by their parents, they are also part of a family dynamic where everyone is expected to entertain themselves for a certain period of time every day.
When my children were little (30+ years ago), there was always time every day when I or my wife said, basically, "Now is our time. You're on your own." Some toys, blocks, books, crayons (anything age appropriate of course) kept them occupied. And they knew they weren't being ignored or rejected. They were just encouraged to have time away from Mom and Dad, and vice versa.
So sit at the piano for short periods throughout the day. The music will be great for all of you, and your expectation that they will gradually grow some independence will be wonderful for them.
Good luck!!

#1637323 - 03/09/11 11:04 AM Re: desperate house mom, feeling guilty to play the piano [Re: Michael Steen]
moscheles001 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Northeast Pennsylvania
My four-year-old and my seven-year-old are the reason I get up at 4:00 a.m. to practice before work. I practice in the evenings, too, but I'm frequently interrupted. Still, both my kids see how important music is to me, and that practice is the only way to improve. Even if they don't learn to play, they learn that there's more to life than just sitting in front of the TV, and that "impractical" things like music have value.

#1637325 - 03/09/11 11:08 AM Re: desperate house mom, feeling guilty to play the piano [Re: joyoussong]
GlassLove Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Michigan
Originally Posted By: joyoussong
CoffeeLover,
I was once in a pottery class with a woman with 2 children, a toddler & a baby in a back pack. She would sit the toddler in a corner with a lump of clay, and sit down at the potters wheel with the baby in a backpack. She did this every week through a 3-month course - obviously, she was determined to carve out some 'me' time, no matter what she had to do to achieve it.
Several years later, I had been to art school & was teaching pottery in a community rec centre; I'd forgotten all about the woman with the kids. In my children's class, I had 2 amazing little girls, sisters, who stood out because of their creativity, enthusiasm, maturity, etc. They lived close to the centre, and usually walked home, but on the last day of the 3-month course, their mom came to pick them up - it was that same woman, and they were THOSE kids, who had obviously survived & flourished.

I'm not suggesting you try to play with the baby on your back (though who knows, maybe it's possible??? I wouldn't have thought it could be done on a potters wheel, either) but I think exposing children, no matter how small, to people's creative endeavours can only be a good thing, & it's likely even better when it's Mom who's creating. Think of the valuable lessons he'll learn while you're playing: he'll learn about music (supposedly very good for developing brain cells & reasoning skills); he'll learn about practicing something as many times as it takes till it's right; & he'll learn that Mom is a separate person who functions beyond attending to his needs.

& maybe in a few months, you can start playing duets! (Hey, people do it with cats.)

That was a beautiful and inspirational story joyoussong!!!! And...I couldn't agree more with the advice it offers. CoffeeLover, your children will be extremely grateful to you for demonstrating to them how you, despite some difficulties, stuck with your dream!!!!!

#1637398 - 03/09/11 12:45 PM Re: desperate house mom, feeling guilty to play the piano [Re: whichpiano]
elainelynn Offline

Originally Posted By: whichpiano
I feel that if your son is able to play by himself and is not seeking for your attention, you should just carry on with your practise. He'll be building up his musical knowledge unknowingly.

At that young age (<1yrs old), I let my kids play with a variety of child-friendly instruments (drum, xylophone, shaker, etc). Singing some kiddy songs and songs that I like (non-kiddy stuffs) while playing on the instruments. My girl could sing Country Road before the age of 2.

In the process of playing with those simple instruments, you can tell him about rhythm, loudness, pitch. All these are useful fundamentals if he is to pick up a formal instrument in future.

I totally agree, especially with the first paragraph. They might not react to it at this point, but exposing them to your music is a positive thing. My mom played piano for us when we were little and I never felt neglected. In fact, I grew to love the music she played for us and play it myself now.

What is it with mommy guilt? We feel guilty if we work, we feel guilty if we don't work... we set up no-win situations for ourselves. I say hang in there, keep practicing, and keep reminding yourself that guilt is useless. Easy for me to say, I know, but it does get better. Mine are 7 and 3 now and it's gotten easier. Sometimes my 3YO tells me "that's enough piano, Mommy" but of course she allows me to play if I switch from my repertoire to something from Blue's Clues or Sesame Street. And playing some of those kiddie songs can help build your playing by ear skills too. :-)

I'm no expert but I say stay flexible and include them in your music any way you can, but don't feel guilty about taking some YOU time to practice, because being exposed to that is good for them too.

Stanza, thanks for the book recommendation - I'm going to look into that one.

Carol, what a great story, thank you for sharing that!

smile

Elaine

#1637407 - 03/09/11 01:02 PM Re: desperate house mom, feeling guilty to play the piano [Re: Stanza]
CoffeeLover Offline

Originally Posted By: Stanza
You need to buy the book "With Your Own Two Hands" by Semour Bernstein. In addition to many valuable insights, there is a chapter on "Why Don't You Practice". Among the real life stories is the one called "the cookie jar is empty". It deals with you are experiencing exactly.

Thanks for the info. I'll check it out.

#1637504 - 03/09/11 02:50 PM Re: desperate house mom, feeling guilty to play the piano [Re: CoffeeLover]
cheechako Offline

Loc: Anchorage, AK
Not exactly my area of expertise, but what about getting some fisher price toy keyboard, and then some of your playing/practice becomes (pretend) duets? Of course, those noises might distract you from what you're playing. A lot of the appeal of toy tools, play kitchens, and so on are the ability to pretend to be just like mommy or daddy.

#1637621 - 03/09/11 05:12 PM Re: desperate house mom, feeling guilty to play the piano [Re: Morodiene]
CoffeeLover Offline

Morodiene,
Like your idea of making practice time into a routine as well as practicing short sessions at a time.
I'll try that as much as possible.
To answer you question, he can't use his finger tips to grasp a cheerio yet, but he is getting there.
Are you saying that he will be able to hit one key at a time when he has the coordination with his tiny little fingers?
How old is the youngest pupil you've had? What do you start with to teach young kids?

#1637631 - 03/09/11 05:18 PM Re: desperate house mom, feeling guilty to play the piano [Re: whichpiano]
CoffeeLover Offline

Originally Posted By: whichpiano

Thanks for your suggestions. 2 year-old singing Country Road? Impressive!

#1637633 - 03/09/11 05:19 PM Re: desperate house mom, feeling guilty to play the piano [Re: CoffeeLover]
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

Loc: Lexington, Kentucky
CoffeeLover, you've gotten a lot of great advice. I'm not sure if I have anything new to add, except to stress that:

(a) You can make good progress through consistent practice, even if you aren't putting in huge hours.

(b) You don't have to free up an hour at a time, or even a half hour. Grabbing 10 minutes here and there throughout the day adds up.

(c) You are being a better mom if you model commitment to learning and the discipline of working hard on something to achieve your goals. You are being a better mom if you help your children learn to entertain themselves rather than spend every second at their beck and call. You are being a better mom by exposing them to the beauty of music and the ineffable joy of creating music.

(d) It doesn't matter even if none of that were true. You deserve time to yourself and being able to have a hobby. You will be a better mom if you have those things.

(e) Make piano a priority, and let other things slide. My house is frequently a lot sloppier than I or my husband would prefer. But I'll go a day without cleaning before I go a day without playing the piano. smokin

#1637635 - 03/09/11 05:23 PM Re: desperate house mom, feeling guilty to play the piano [Re: apple*]
CoffeeLover Offline

Originally Posted By: apple*
My children loved my piano. I played it as soon as I put them down for naps and they used to ask me to play when they went to bed at nite.

As mentioned there are many ways to share musicality.. all which would impact the children positively. I do know that sometimes you just don't have time for piano with infants and toddlers.

My son does show interests when I play. I've never tried playing while he's napping because I didn't want to wake him. And of course there are always things to take care of. But maybe I will try to do that with my digital piano. Thanks.

#1637644 - 03/09/11 05:38 PM Re: desperate house mom, feeling guilty to play the piano [Re: CoffeeLover]
DianneB Offline

My son sat in a backpack ON my back while I played until he was old enough to sit beside me. My infant daughter lay across my lap while I played.

When he's a bit older you can play two easy games: one is called "only white keys", or "only black keys", with you providing a simple I-IV-V-I chordal accompaniment, while another is called "up" or "down", while you accompany with simple chords. I was a music therapist so easy games where something I did BK (before kids). With "Up" or "Down", the child begins playing UP the scale, usually C scale, until you bump with your elbow, and then plays DOWN the scale. When you bump, you can create melodies. When you've taught two colors, you can then teach red, blue, etc. with color dots(from the office supply store)on the keys. Later, when you're teaching A-B-C-D-E-F-G, put stickers on the appropriate piano keys. If it's fun, he'll soon be singing and creating his own melodies.

We also had a song called "the running song". Actually it was "In the Mood", popularized by Glenn Miller, but he could run circles around the room while I played. Later we had toy musical instruments, drums, or pots and pans to beat.

Don't ignore the possibility of hiring someone to babysit 2+ hours several days per week. You need a break if you're on duty nonstop. There was a dear woman near my neighborhood who would take children for several hours at almost any time. Do you need a break?

#1637688 - 03/09/11 06:54 PM Re: desperate house mom, feeling guilty to play the piano [Re: Andy Platt]
CoffeeLover Offline

Originally Posted By: Andy Platt
They'll grow up quick so hopefully this is a short term issue. I would try to grab those minutes where they are both napping - or at least when the newborn. Don't worry about your nine month old. Just think - some are plonked in front of the TV and still (mostly) grow up OK. What better way to develop than having his "own time" with you playing the piano.

Okay, maybe I said it wrong, I have only one son who is 9 month 20 days old. Sorry for the confusion. That would mean I go pregnant right after the delivery of the first baby. I don't think that's even possible, hahaha. Can't imagine having to take care of two babies by myself!
Thanks for your comment.

#1637693 - 03/09/11 07:02 PM Re: desperate house mom, feeling guilty to play the piano [Re: CoffeeLover]
tangleweeds Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 11 2012

Loc: Portlandia
An alternative perspective on the question: If I recall correctly, Glenn Gould's mother considered it part of her duties as mother to a potential prodigy, to play piano for young Glenn, both in the womb and before he was able to start playing for himself.

I personally find it all to easy to get into a mental tangle in which I pursue virtue by inventing creative new ways to suffer guilt.

neglected piano blog

#1637697 - 03/09/11 07:12 PM Re: desperate house mom, feeling guilty to play the piano [Re: ten left thumbs]
CoffeeLover Offline

Originally Posted By: ten left thumbs
Coffee lover - congratulations! thumb yippie

I remember when you first found out you were pregnant. I can't believe time has flown.

No words of wisdom here, but I thought I'd share with you what I've been up to - mum and baby singing groups:

www.babysinging.co.uk

I'm just back and today, by popular demand, we did Edelweiss. smile Bring me out in goosebumps, every time.

Thanks for remembering me and for the congrats!
My son and I attend a class once a week that is very similar to yours. We enjoy it a lot. Thanks for the info, though.

#1637748 - 03/09/11 08:08 PM Re: desperate house mom, feeling guilty to play the piano [Re: CoffeeLover]
kck Offline

Originally Posted By: CoffeeLover

Thanks for remembering me and for the congrats!
My son and I attend a class once a week that is very similar to yours. We enjoy it a lot. Thanks for the info, though.

Oh that is wonderful. My kids and I attended kindermusik type classes starting when they were about 1 years old. Between that and hearing you play that little baby will really be ready to make music. My oldest is 10 now and is about at that Mozart K545 level! It's a delight to take this journey - enjoy! :-)

#1637763 - 03/09/11 08:34 PM Re: desperate house mom, feeling guilty to play the piano [Re: tangleweeds]
Andy Platt Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Virginia, USA
Originally Posted By: tangleweeds
An alternative perspective on the question: If I recall correctly, Glenn Gould's mother considered it part of her duties as mother to a potential prodigy, to play piano for young Glenn, both in the womb and before he was able to start playing for himself.

I wonder if she hummed to him too? wink

Kawai K3

#1637766 - 03/09/11 08:46 PM Re: desperate house mom, feeling guilty to play the piano [Re: Andy Platt]
GlassLove Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Andy Platt
Originally Posted By: tangleweeds

I wonder if she hummed to him too? wink

laugh

#1637847 - 03/09/11 10:50 PM Re: desperate house mom, feeling guilty to play the piano [Re: CoffeeLover]
CebuKid Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Wait 'til your kids are 4 or 5. smile

My first "comeback attempt" 8 years ago was failed due to my girls being babies at the time. My older daughter just wanted to interrupt and bang the keyboard. My advice is to continue your wonderful playing in front of them, and give them constant exposure.

They are already at a huge advantage with having a player mom like yourself. smile

Music washes away from the soul
the dust of everyday life.
- Berthold Auerbach

#1637870 - 03/09/11 11:28 PM Re: desperate house mom, feeling guilty to play the piano [Re: CoffeeLover]
Tubbie0075 Offline
500 Post Club Member

I watched an interview of Midori Goto, famous American violinist. She said that when she was very young, her divorced mum and her moved from Japan to America. Her mum had no choice but to bring her while in orchestra rehearsals. The music grew in her and as soon as she was old enough, she wanted a violin.

I Aldo watched with amazement when she was 12 or maybe younger, perform a violin concerto. He string broke and quickly swap hers with concer master's. The string broke again and she swap with the associate concert master's. That's playing from a smaller violin to a full size violin instantly without mistakes or intonation problems! Video is on YouTube.

Who can forget her Carnegie debut at 12? Or was it 14?

Sure her mum maybe felt guilty then, but I bet she wasn't later on!

#1637876 - 03/09/11 11:35 PM Re: desperate house mom, feeling guilty to play the piano [Re: CoffeeLover]
liszt85 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

An extremely important thing is to have your baby listen to a lot of good music. Listening is key.. the environment you embed him in is of utmost importance. Also have him watch videos of the masters. So simply have youtube videos playing when he's around.. he'll ultimately look. He'll be interested.. a piano is an interesting object visually and fingers moving fast across them is also salient visually. Add to that the amazing and confusing sounds.. the baby is bound to fall for it. wink
Next in line:
Chopin: Ballade No. 1 in G minor, Op.23
Debussy: Le vent dans la plaine (Prelude 3, Book 1)
Debussy: Les sons et les parfums tournent dans l'air du soir (Prelude 4, Book 1)

#1638017 - 03/10/11 07:43 AM Re: desperate house mom, feeling guilty to play the piano [Re: joyoussong]
CoffeeLover Offline

Originally Posted By: joyoussong

Thank you for posting such a beautiful story. It almost made me cry.

My mom kept her baby on her back (she had four kids, oh no, she did not cary all of us on her back at a time) and took care of 5 grown-up men starting from 3 meals a day, laundry(no washing machine, no hot water, done outside in winter time) on top of usual house keeping, not to mention the 4 kids, with no help at all. My father had a small business back then and he hired his poor cousins and let them stay with us.
So, that was a bit long answer to your question above, but yes, it is possible not that I would do that with my 23+ Lbs baby.

#1638043 - 03/10/11 08:39 AM Re: desperate house mom, feeling guilty to play the piano [Re: CoffeeLover]
Jossem Offline

Tune Your piano very often and let Your son listen to You as often as You can.
First three years are very important in developing perfect pitch.
Max

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
146 registered (Almaviva, ando, 36251, AmateurBob, 44 invisible), 1703 Guests and 36 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74270 Members
42 Forums
153629 Topics
2251679 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
CA95 noisy front rail
by lolatu
04/21/14 10:57 AM
It's not so simple as the 10,000 hour rule.
by Brad Hoehne
04/21/14 10:43 AM
Day brightener
by Chuck Behm
04/21/14 10:09 AM
Paris Atelier
by Beemer
04/21/14 09:20 AM
Lubricious Whippen Cushions
by Grotriman
04/21/14 09:12 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission