Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#1639975 - 03/13/11 03:04 AM Re: Yann Tiersen-Hey Monica! [Re: ShiroKuro]
Konzert Patrick Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi all I have started on La valse a week ago, I bought the Yann Tiersen 'Piano works 1994 - 2003' recently. I asked my teacher if I would be able to and she smiled. She said you surprised me before so lets give it a try....

I must say that the first page is doable, but then the second part where it speeds up.... frown
I have been playing for 3 years and a bit now so am an adult learned but this piece seems daunting. The fingering is quit different from what I am used too.....

The piece itself is beautiful, I really hope to play it soon!

Greetings from Holland,

Patrick

(ads P/S)
Petrof Pianos

piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#1640130 - 03/13/11 12:32 PM Re: Yann Tiersen-Hey Monica! [Re: Konzert Patrick]
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

Loc: Lexington, Kentucky
Originally Posted By: Konzert Patrick
Hi all I have started on La valse a week ago, I bought the Yann Tiersen 'Piano works 1994 - 2003' recently.

I had no idea this book even existed!! Amazon doesn't carry it in the U.S., but I was able to order it from amazon.co.uk for only a slightly scandalous shipping fee. sick Thanks, Patrick!! heart

#1640294 - 03/13/11 06:45 PM Re: Yann Tiersen-Hey Monica! [Re: ShiroKuro]
Konzert Patrick Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: The Netherlands
Your welcome smile

#1668593 - 04/29/11 02:25 PM Hello!!! [Re: Konzert Patrick]
IRPRONI Offline

Loc: México
Hello!!!

I'm new here, I found this site searching about Yann Tiersen in google grin

I love his music, I listened Yann Tiersen's music in January of this year and now I can't stop to try play like him laugh

Well I have been searching something in special and you have it shocked

I live in Mexico City, I tried everything and I can't find Yann Tiersen Piano Works in any place cry

I play just for hobby, I wish buy a piano someday and if I can find the book someday I'll buy it because is wonderful!!!

However I want to ask you something... could you scan the book and share it with me??? please... help believe me I don't have a business with this, the reason is because I found some transcriptions about some songs like "L'absente" and "La Chute" but not have good sound frown

I want to play these songs and others like La "Jetée", "La Plage" or "Les Retrouvailles" I'm very interested in the original versions, Yann Tiersen is a fantastic musician but in my country is not so famous frown

Please think about my request, I'll appreciate your help so much, and while you think, you can see my youtube channel, I play these songs:

La Valse d'Amélie
Le Moulin
La Dispute
Sur Le Fil
Comptine d'un autre été: l'après-midi
La Valse Des Monstres
Dernière
Summer 78
La Veillée
Rue Des Cascades

If you want I can share with you my sheet musics just tell me and I'll send you to your e-mail wink I have lot of songs in mp3 if you need one in special and I can send to you songs and sheet music like "Avant La Chute" (this song is fantastic but in my keyboard is not possible play it good and I'm not so good playing crazy )

Well I hope you can help me if not I hope help you with something wink

Have a nice day!!! smile

#1668614 - 04/29/11 03:01 PM Re: Hello!!! [Re: IRPRONI]
achat Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Rome, Italy
Hi irproni,

have you already searched on scribd?

http://www.scribd.com/search?query=yann+tiersen+

A.

Originally Posted By: IRPRONI
Hello!!!

I'm new here, I found this site searching about Yann Tiersen in google grin

I love his music, I listened Yann Tiersen's music in January of this year and now I can't stop to try play like him laugh

Well I have been searching something in special and you have it shocked

I live in Mexico City, I tried everything and I can't find Yann Tiersen Piano Works in any place cry

I play just for hobby, I wish buy a piano someday and if I can find the book someday I'll buy it because is wonderful!!!

However I want to ask you something... could you scan the book and share it with me??? please... help believe me I don't have a business with this, the reason is because I found some transcriptions about some songs like "L'absente" and "La Chute" but not have good sound frown

I want to play these songs and others like La "Jetée", "La Plage" or "Les Retrouvailles" I'm very interested in the original versions, Yann Tiersen is a fantastic musician but in my country is not so famous frown

Please think about my request, I'll appreciate your help so much, and while you think, you can see my youtube channel, I play these songs:

La Valse d'Amélie
Le Moulin
La Dispute
Sur Le Fil
Comptine d'un autre été: l'après-midi
La Valse Des Monstres
Dernière
Summer 78
La Veillée
Rue Des Cascades

If you want I can share with you my sheet musics just tell me and I'll send you to your e-mail wink I have lot of songs in mp3 if you need one in special and I can send to you songs and sheet music like "Avant La Chute" (this song is fantastic but in my keyboard is not possible play it good and I'm not so good playing crazy )

Well I hope you can help me if not I hope help you with something wink

Have a nice day!!! smile

#1668680 - 04/29/11 05:08 PM Re: Hello!!! [Re: ShiroKuro]
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

Loc: Lexington, Kentucky
Hi IRPRONI,

I wasn't able to buy the Piano Works book here in the States, either, but I *was* able to order it from amazon.co.uk, and they shipped it to me at reasonable rates. I suggest trying there. It's a terrific book.

Welcome to the forum. smile

p.s. I actually just checked amazon.co.uk. You can order the book from one of their marketplace sellers, ("forwoods_music" -- it's the second option that shows up when you click on 'see all buying options'), and they will ship to Mexico. So you're in luck. thumb

#1668723 - 04/29/11 07:01 PM Thanks!!! [Re: achat]
IRPRONI Offline

Hi!!! Thanks for try to help me, I found some songs there and in other websites but I can find only transcriptions about these songs frown

If you want, you can check this sites:

http://www.pianofiles.com/

http://www.sheetmusictrade.com/

The people commonly is very nice and you can find a lot of songs, but in this case nobody have "Yann Tiersen Piano Works" cry

I'll continue trying or maybe I can try with amazon, I need my parents permission to use their credit card crazy

However if somebody needs Yann Tiersen's volume I or II I can share the sheet music wink

Greetings!!! ...and sorry for my english grin

#1668731 - 04/29/11 07:11 PM Hi Monica!!! [Re: Monica K.]
IRPRONI Offline

I'll check amazon page, the problem is the credit card crazy I have finished the career 2 years ago and actually I don't have job That's the reason for play the piano because I have a lot of time whome

However I'll try to get my parents permission for use the credit card or in other case I hope somebody can help me help

Thanks for read and answer me, and could you tell me ...what do you think about my videos???

Greetings!!! smile

#1668890 - 04/30/11 04:30 AM Re: Hi Monica!!! [Re: IRPRONI]
Teodor Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Bulgaria
I recently watched the movie again and I loved it. I'm not surprised to see a thread about it here smile

Such a beautiful piece...

By the way, just out of curiosity, how would one count the rhythm in this measure?

And what are those groups of notes with the 5 below them called? Is it the same principle like with triplets but slightly different?

Also here? How is it possible to fit so many 16th notes in one measure in 4/4? Why? O_O

Edited by Teodor (04/30/11 05:00 AM)

Recitals:

#1668927 - 04/30/11 09:19 AM Re: Hi Teodor!!! [Re: Teodor]
IRPRONI Offline

I supposed you are talking about La Valse d'Amelie and I can see you are using the wrong sheet music, if I'm not wrong this sheet music belongs to someone called Michael Jordan and is a transcription...

I used to play this version but in the faster part when the left hand begin to move fast, you can listen and is out of time, for that reason I started to search original songs and now I have the original version, if you want I can share it with you wink

I think you shouldn't lose your time in this wrong sheet music whome and if you want to see the right notes you can see my video in my channel, I can't play it perfect but the notes are right smile

#1669002 - 04/30/11 01:16 PM Re: Hi Teodor!!! [Re: ShiroKuro]
Teodor Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Bulgaria
I just wondered about the rhythm in the above example. I haven't encountered it before. The notes themselves are quite easy to read in this piece. Thanks for the email though, I'll keep it in my pile of stuff to learn some day, it's a terrific piece I just won't do it justice at this point.

Edited by Teodor (04/30/11 01:20 PM)

Recitals:

#1669032 - 04/30/11 02:32 PM That's ok!!! [Re: Teodor]
IRPRONI Offline

Teodor:

I can't tell you nothing about theory because I didn't have a teacher who teach me all these things, I learned the basic notes and read a sheet music in my school when I have 6 years old but I really began to play (I want to say use both hands) one year ago with Naruto (Anime) songs and Zelda (Game) songs and I started to play Yann Tiersen's song on January of this year whome

About the videos mentioned in my channel... The person who plays is me smile my user in youtube is "IRPRONI" and my e-mail is the same "irproni@hotmail.com"

I upload "8 mm" from "Tabarly" album soon, I hope you can watch it smile

Sorry for my english crazy

Greetings!!!

#1697904 - 06/19/11 02:50 AM Re: That's ok!!! [Re: ShiroKuro]
IRPRONI Offline

Hi everybody!!!

I have been playing more Yann Tiersen songs, you can check them in my youtube channel and in add, I have composed some songs influenced totally by his music, check this entry and tell me what do you think about my job please =)

http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1697901.html#Post1697901

#1698025 - 06/19/11 10:42 AM Re: That's ok!!! [Re: ShiroKuro]
frida11 Offline

Loc: Pacific Northwest
In answer to Teodor's question, yes, in your first example the 5 16ths, are the same principle as triplets. You play the 5 16ths inside the beat represented by the quarter note below. In other words, the 5 15ths are each 1/5th of the beat.

In the second example, the "3" below each series of 8th notes means that they are 8th note triplets, each representing 1 beat. So the four sets of triplets represent 4 quarter note beats.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
145 registered (ADWyatt, Almaviva, 36251, AmateurBob, 43 invisible), 1740 Guests and 38 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74270 Members
42 Forums
153629 Topics
2251683 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
CA95 noisy front rail
by lolatu
04/21/14 10:57 AM
It's not so simple as the 10,000 hour rule.
by Brad Hoehne
04/21/14 10:43 AM
Day brightener
by Chuck Behm
04/21/14 10:09 AM
Paris Atelier
by Beemer
04/21/14 09:20 AM
Lubricious Whippen Cushions
by Grotriman
04/21/14 09:12 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission