Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#1641133 - 03/14/11 10:57 PM Re: What makes a good pianist stand out? [Re: stores]
polyphasicpianist Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: stores

Now then, you go find me two pianists the likes of Horowitz and Argerich (or two you think comparable) and I'll be happy to tell you (as will others, I'm sure) why they're not in the same league.

Since you asked so politley.

If you want a second video then you can analyse the girl playing the Tchaikovsky concerto above. Frankly, I am fed up with your tactless remarks and refuse to waste anymore of my time conversing with you.

(ad) Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#1641139 - 03/14/11 11:07 PM Re: What makes a good pianist stand out? [Re: Gould]
DonaldLee Offline

For me, It's one's ability to use a piece, no matter what difficulty to convey one's inner self to the audience.
Bach Prelude and Fugue in b-flat minor (WTC Book I)
Balikerev Islamey

#1641158 - 03/14/11 11:39 PM Re: What makes a good pianist stand out? [Re: polyphasicpianist]
argerichfan Offline
8000 Post Club Member

Loc: Pacific Northwest, US.
Originally Posted By: polyphasicpianist
Argerich and Horowitz are remarkable pianists, but I think if you make the effort you will see that remarkable pianists can exist without the remarkable fame.

I wouldn't argue that point, and I have certainly encountered some 'remarkable' pianists who are not well known to the general public, or perhaps even critics. I recently discovered Alexander Gavrylyuk. Seems to me he should have a major career: all the ingredients are there in spades. (Full disclosure, I've only so far heard him in a transcription, but the playing was world class.)

But I think you need to consider the longevity of pianists such as Horowitz, Rubinstein, Argerich, Richter, etc. They were very early on recognised as outstanding pianists, and as their careers matured, they went from strength to strength. Many pianists came and went -some no doubt extremely talented- but Horowitz, et al were never knocked off their pedestal.

Horowitz obviously still sells CDs, and one of DG's biggest cash cow is the early recordings of Argerich, particularly the Chopin Preludes. If there had been so many remarkable recordings of the Preludes since then, well why is anyone still buying Argerich? Clearly she still has something pertinent to say to new buyers.

#1641159 - 03/14/11 11:43 PM Re: What makes a good pianist stand out? [Re: JustAnotherPianist]
Pogorelich. Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: in the past
Originally Posted By: JustAnotherPianist
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F6S2WBDINM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUQoFOIn8dA

They don't exactly live in my city lol but I think these two have had/will have the same level of impact on the course of pianistic history as Horowitz and Argerich did.

I like the second one =) It's unfortunate what happened to him in the 90s, he could have been a legend. Well, for some people he will be. Actually as for pianistic "history" alone, he is already a legend!

'I want to invest my emotions only in music; it will never disappoint me or hurt me - it is a safe place to be.'

#1641163 - 03/14/11 11:51 PM Re: What makes a good pianist stand out? [Re: polyphasicpianist]
Kreisler Offline

Loc: Iowa City, IA
For me, it's range. The pianist in your video has 15 uploads on YouTube. All but two are standard fast/loud virtuoso literature.

So from the start, that tells me that this pianist is primarily interested in showing off, not sharing. Where's a Mozart sonata? Where's a slow Scarlatti? In the literature he plays, what about his tone and phrasing is unique? Does he have a strong point of view as an artist, or are his interpretations still being coached by a teacher?

Then what are his professional credentials? Can he play anything written after 1920? Can he play chamber music? What has he been doing since 2008? Can he learn repertoire quickly? Is he reliable and fun to work with?

My favorite definition of genius is this:

"Talent hits targets no one else can hit. Genius hits targets no one else can see."

The pianist in your video hits targets no one else can hit. His Islamey really is impressive.

But his berceuse? A berceuse is a lullaby. Lee's sounds intense, his crescendos and diminuendos are somewhat extreme - I can't really describe the effect as dreamy.

Whereas these guys obviously had access to a dictionary, looked up what berceuse meant, and found a way of communicating that to an audience:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQBIYInzyyU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZK27JQdsFw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlD3xuoT49U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-02elNMQbQo

Now then, you go find me two pianists the likes of Horowitz and Argerich (or two you think comparable) and I'll be happy to tell you (as will others, I'm sure) why they're not in the same league.

Since you asked so politley.

If you want a second video then you can analyse the girl playing the Tchaikovsky concerto above. Frankly, I am fed up with your tactless remarks and refuse to waste anymore of my time conversing with you.
"If we continually try to force a child to do what he is afraid to do, he will become more timid, and will use his brains and energy, not to explore the unknown, but to find ways to avoid the pressures we put on him." (John Holt)

www.pianoped.com
www.youtube.com/user/UIPianoPed

#1641183 - 03/15/11 12:47 AM Re: What makes a good pianist stand out? [Re: Gould]
Lingyis Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: New York, NY
i agree with kreisler. the berceuse... some of the pauses and what-nots reminds me some of the bad things lang lang does. not quite as exaggerated but shades of it.

his islamey performance in public isn't all that great. the one he did at home sounded very good, but probably out of many many takes.

youtube is full of these people. i don't know how well known Hyun-Jung Lim is, but some call her the asian martha argerich. she's got quite a following on youtube--and on facebook for whatever that's worth.

tremendous, tremendous virtuoso. technically, several notches above Jeffrey Lee, without a doubt. perhaps even even Argerich, in fact. but listen to her scarlatti... too much "lang lang" again (haha, it's becoming my stock criticism).

she might be virtuosic enough to live off of it alone, but she's not gonna go too far without developing the more subtle things.

but in this day of youtube, the only way to stand out is not via musicianship, but showmanship. she's gotta plenty of it. it's too bad, but it just means all the more likely we'll miss the next rubinstein or haskil.

like, this bumblebee is on crack:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKCZZf6ixj4

there are better clips but this is just so so so fast.

Edited by Lingyis (03/15/11 12:52 AM)

#1641185 - 03/15/11 01:00 AM Re: What makes a good pianist stand out? [Re: Kreisler]
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Kreisler
For me, it's range. The pianist in your video has 15 uploads on YouTube. All but two are standard fast/loud virtuoso literature.

So from the start, that tells me that this pianist is primarily interested in showing off, not sharing. Where's a Mozart sonata? Where's a slow Scarlatti? In the literature he plays, what about his tone and phrasing is unique? Does he have a strong point of view as an artist, or are his interpretations still being coached by a teacher?

Then what are his professional credentials? Can he play anything written after 1920? Can he play chamber music? What has he been doing since 2008? Can he learn repertoire quickly? Is he reliable and fun to work with?

"Talent hits targets no one else can hit. Genius hits targets no one else can see."

The pianist in your video hits targets no one else can hit. His Islamey really is impressive.

But his berceuse? A berceuse is a lullaby. Lee's sounds intense, his crescendos and diminuendos are somewhat extreme - I can't really describe the effect as dreamy.

Whereas these guys obviously had access to a dictionary, looked up what berceuse meant, and found a way of communicating that to an audience:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQBIYInzyyU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZK27JQdsFw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlD3xuoT49U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-02elNMQbQo

I am not too sure what your argument is. I can make similar comments about Rubenstein or Michelangeli:
Why don't they play any Schoenberg or Hindemith? I am not particularly fond of Rubenstein's Chopin. I much prefer Argerich's. Why don't don't they play any renaissance repertoire? Why is Michelangeli's range of repertoire so small?

Also, what does it matter if Lee's Chopin is not as good as others. Glenn Gould's Chopin was not particularly good. Does that make him any less a great pianist?
(listen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0wErcLg1Pg )

And so what if Lee likes the virtuosic literature. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Furthermore, it's YouTube, not the Deutsche Grammophon catalogue, he can't be expected to record everything. The point was simply to show that excellent pianists can exist outside of your Royal Albert Hall type venues.

#1641201 - 03/15/11 01:45 AM Re: What makes a good pianist stand out? [Re: argerichfan]
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: argerichfan
Horowitz obviously still sells CDs, and one of DG's biggest cash cow is the early recordings of Argerich, particularly the Chopin Preludes. If there had been so many remarkable recordings of the Preludes since then, well why is anyone still buying Argerich? Clearly she still has something pertinent to say to new buyers.

This is going to sound a rather pessimistic view, but perhaps one of the reasons Argerich's early recordings are still at the top of the classical charts is because people want a sure thing. Her status has been cemented so critically that when people buy her albums (or Richter's or Horowitz's, etc.) they know their is little chance they will be let down, and even if they are let down, the loss is not a big one since they are still left with a acclaimed recording. For example, I have some recordings of Rubinstein that either bore me to tears or make me sea sick with all that rubato, and I will probably never listen to them ever again. But am I going to get rid of the albums, of course not, it's Rubinstein.

#1641209 - 03/15/11 02:20 AM Re: What makes a good pianist stand out? [Re: polyphasicpianist]
Lingyis Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: New York, NY

And so what if Lee likes the virtuosic literature. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Furthermore, it's YouTube, not the Deutsche Grammophon catalogue, he can't be expected to record everything. The point was simply to show that excellent pianists can exist outside of your Royal Albert Hall type venues.

This is... getting away from OP. Youtube is a different animal.

If you're happy with youtube performances, there's nothing wrong with it, it's just that it becomes "How to make your piano performance stand out on Youtube" as opposed to "What makes a good pianist stand out". There is difference in psychology between sitting through a few minutes of a performance and 2 hours of it.

Anyway, I agree with your original point that there are hidden gems, but I agree with Kreisler that you could have picked a better example, since that one seems kind of typical.

#1641322 - 03/15/11 08:46 AM Re: What makes a good pianist stand out? [Re: polyphasicpianist]
Kreisler Offline

The point was simply to show that excellent pianists can exist outside of your Royal Albert Hall type venues.

Those of us in professional circles are well aware that excellent pianists exist outside of the Royal Albert Hall. I can name at least half dozen professionals and a handful of students of that caliber here in Iowa. (And I don't include myself in that list. I'm decent, but not on the level of a regular recitalist.)

But your video was in response to "you go find me two pianists the likes of Horowitz and Argerich," so I was simply saying why I don't think he's the likes of those two.
"If we continually try to force a child to do what he is afraid to do, he will become more timid, and will use his brains and energy, not to explore the unknown, but to find ways to avoid the pressures we put on him." (John Holt)

www.pianoped.com

#1641337 - 03/15/11 09:27 AM Re: What makes a good pianist stand out? [Re: Lingyis]
liszt85 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Lingyis

but in this day of youtube, the only way to stand out is not via musicianship, but showmanship. she's gotta plenty of it. it's too bad, but it just means all the more likely we'll miss the next rubinstein or haskil.

like, this bumblebee is on crack:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKCZZf6ixj4

there are better clips but this is just so so so fast.

Her interpretations of these Chopin etudes seem to be different: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d51pRBE2vk&feature=related However, from whatever little I've read of Chopin, I would imagine he'd hate these performances if he were around today. This is just not Chopin, to me.
Next in line:
Chopin: Ballade No. 1 in G minor, Op.23
Debussy: Le vent dans la plaine (Prelude 3, Book 1)
Debussy: Les sons et les parfums tournent dans l'air du soir (Prelude 4, Book 1)

#1641352 - 03/15/11 09:55 AM Re: What makes a good pianist stand out? [Re: Kreisler]
Pogorelich. Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: in the past

Why does he (or she!) have to play things written particularly after 1920? Some people circle around Baroque and Classical, some people perform only new music. Some are in the middle. I never saw anything wrong with that - we are all different, we can't possibly play ALL styles equally well, and that's because our personalities suit specific types better.

Also, how would you know if he (or she) is reliable/fun to work with? Just curious.. because sometimes videos can be misleading!

'I want to invest my emotions only in music; it will never disappoint me or hurt me - it is a safe place to be.'

#1641378 - 03/15/11 10:36 AM Re: What makes a good pianist stand out? [Re: Kreisler]
JustAnotherPianist Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: United Kingdom

thumb

Great post, Kreisler.

This kid has an impressive technique, but he's a long way from being a great artist. I'm not sure he even has the makings of one-it's quite difficult to tell from the stuff he has on youtube.

How can you tell if a pianist is reliable and fun to work with?

Good question.... see how they do chamber music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPZVQl7hAoI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBvEY65JcPA

What makes someone stand out as a good pianist is the quality of their work.

It's not about how fast or loud they can play..... how much repertoire they have learned..... how typical or atypical their repertoire is.... it's about what they have to say as artists in the repertoire that they DO play.

You see, this guy, for instance, can play the notes as well if not better than the next guy-he doesn't make mistakes, he has a huge repertoire in his memory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQV2o6pcyPo

he plays the right notes at the right time..... but does he stand out as a pianist? Not to me, he doesn't. Russia has oodles and oodles of pianists like this guy.

There is no one else in the world like this guy tho:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuGonko-Wuk

It's all to do with the sound.

The piano can be the most boring instrument in the world-a typewriter in the wrong hands.... or it can be the most sophisticated musical illusion machine in the world..... capable of describing the indescribable, producing an infinite variety 3-dimensional textures in sound.

The explosive combination of infinite possibilities of ballance in the vertical plane AND infinite possibilities of phrasing, placement, and rubato in the horizontal plane gives the piano the ability to be the most expressive of all instruments. Very very few pianist reach the level required to be able to REALLY take advantage of what the piano has to offer as an instrument. For most, the obvious difficulties of hitting the right notes at the right time remain an insurmountable barrier throughout their pianistic lives.

#1641381 - 03/15/11 10:40 AM Re: What makes a good pianist stand out? [Re: polyphasicpianist]
argerichfan Offline
8000 Post Club Member

... perhaps one of the reasons Argerich's early recordings are still at the top of the classical charts is because people want a sure thing. Her status has been cemented so critically that when people buy her albums (or Richter's or Horowitz's, etc.) they know there is little chance they will be let down, and even if they are let down, the loss is not a big one since they are still left with an acclaimed recording.

These days, there is little excuse for a buyer new to certain repertoire (regardless of age or experience) not to go online and check out what the critical consensus is. I certainly do this before buying a book or, say, an appliance.

So someone wanting to buy the Chopin Preludes is invariably going to run across repeated references to Argerich. Critics and experienced collectors will undoubtedly have heard many subsequent recordings of the Preludes, but Argerich still stays at or near the top for the simple reason that few have surpassed her.

Referencing your last sentence, Argerich isn't going to appeal to everyone, and some folks will indeed be let down. Speaking in general, there are some recordings (not to be mentioned here to avoid a flame war) which have always received the top recommendation, but for the life of me I can't understand what the fuss is about!

#1641719 - 03/15/11 06:41 PM Re: What makes a good pianist stand out? [Re: Gould]
1RC Offline

Loc: Alberta
To the original topic, I was listening to a podcast today interviewing a fellow who wrote a book on the olympics. He began talking about the difference between competition and play in sports. Competition being to win, and it can push people to their best efforts. Play in contrast is exploratory and exists for it's own sake.

Then I listened to Gould's Goldberg Variations. Gould is hit or miss for me, but I do get a strong sense of 'play' from him. To really play is to not get locked into an interpretation, but to live in the space that's open to new inspirations. Maybe recordings can give the impression of a fixed interpretation. We're always trying to control the details of our lives, but the real magic is halfway an improvisation. Perhaps this is one way of looking at the difference between a talent and a greater talent.

#1641732 - 03/15/11 06:59 PM Re: What makes a good pianist stand out? [Re: 1RC]
lisztonian Offline

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned luck. There are many who practice and practice, study, and attend universities who never "make the cut".

#1641760 - 03/15/11 07:38 PM Re: What makes a good pianist stand out? [Re: stores]
riley80 Offline

Loc: Florida

There are a least a couple pianists I know of in my own home city who I would count as equally talented as a Horowitz or a Argerich,

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Funniest thing I've heard all day (and no, I don't need to hear your hometown neighbors). Hop aboard my list, matey!

I don't know whether a comment like that makes me want to laugh or CRY.

I guess some ppl still prefer Dinty Moore and Chef Boyardee too.

#1641761 - 03/15/11 07:39 PM Re: What makes a good pianist stand out? [Re: Gould]
stores Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Here, as opposed to there
Somehow I knew we'd hear something like "Islamey"...fast and loud. I'll not add anything more, because many good points have been made above already, but I will say that the young man in question is no Horowitz or Argerich (though impressive technique he doth possess). Good music schools are filled with kids of this caliber. I'm not taking anything away from him...I'm just stating a stark truth.

"And if we look at the works of J.S. Bach — a benevolent god to which all musicians should offer a prayer to defend themselves against mediocrity... -Debussy

"It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right."

♪ ≠ $

#1641769 - 03/15/11 07:49 PM Re: What makes a good pianist stand out? [Re: Pogorelich.]
Kreisler Offline

Originally Posted By: Pogorelich.
Why does he (or she!) have to play things written particularly after 1920? Some people circle around Baroque and Classical, some people perform only new music. Some are in the middle. I never saw anything wrong with that - we are all different, we can't possibly play ALL styles equally well, and that's because our personalities suit specific types better.

Very true. There's nothing wrong with that. But well-known artists have always had interesting niches that they championed; it can be evidence of a certain depth. Horowitz introduced people to Scarlatti and Clementi and played Barber and late Scriabin. Rubenstein introduced people to the little-known Villa-Lobos. Richter premiered Prokofiev! Argerich has recorded everything from Bach to Messiaen. Even people who stick to 19th century literature find ways to be unique - Volodos does his own transcriptions, as did Cziffra, who was a great improviser.

Also, how would you know if he (or she) is reliable/fun to work with? Just curious.. because sometimes videos can be misleading![/quote]

I don't know. That's why I asked the question. It's important - if you can't get along with other people, the phone will stop ringing, no matter how talented you are.

Edited by Kreisler (03/15/11 07:51 PM)
Edit Reason: punctuation!

www.pianoped.com

#1641778 - 03/15/11 08:03 PM Re: What makes a good pianist stand out? [Re: stores]
pianoloverus Online   content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: New York City
Somehow I knew we'd hear something like "Islamey"...fast and loud.

"The hardest, purely pianistic, task is to play very long, very loud and very fast."

#1641810 - 03/15/11 09:05 PM Re: What makes a good pianist stand out? [Re: Kreisler]
argerichfan Offline
8000 Post Club Member

... if you can't get along with other people, the phone will stop ringing, no matter how talented you are.

Ask Kathleen Battle.

#1646635 - 03/23/11 04:31 PM Re: What makes a good pianist stand out? [Re: Gould]
SimNotes Offline

Get back to the original topic, when you say "average", I guess you mean "average professional concert pianist"?
Maybe back in the days (50's and 60's) there were only a few big names concert pianists out there. But these days there are really a lot more quality plays, some of them you hardly heard of. And the difference between them is still technique - that last 1%, that only shows up in the most difficult passages. Which allows the truly greats to breeze through them with right sense of style and their personal touch.
But to get noticed, you do need some luck. Case in point, LangLang was lucky to audition for Christoph Eschenbach at just the right time. But he did impress him enough to be asked back to replace Andre Watts on short notice. And he played great in the concert to impress even Isaac Stern. And these are music directors/conductors with friends at high places in the classic music world. Which allows LangLang to play in top venues all over. You do need talent to take advantage of the opportunity.

#1646679 - 03/23/11 05:18 PM Re: What makes a good pianist stand out? [Re: Gould]
liszt85 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

The answer to the question is: "If the good pianist does not do his homework for his lesson".

(Excuse the poor joke).
Next in line:
Chopin: Ballade No. 1 in G minor, Op.23
Debussy: Le vent dans la plaine (Prelude 3, Book 1)
Debussy: Les sons et les parfums tournent dans l'air du soir (Prelude 4, Book 1)

#1646815 - 03/23/11 09:18 PM Re: What makes a good pianist stand out? [Re: polyphasicpianist]
Drunk3nFist Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: London
This opened my eyes. Great point made.

Prokofiev - Sonata No. 3
Kapustin - Variations Op. 41
Chopin - Ballade No. 4

#1646823 - 03/23/11 09:32 PM Re: What makes a good pianist stand out? [Re: Kreisler]
beet31425 Online   content
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Bay Area, CA
Originally Posted By: Pogorelich.

Very true. There's nothing wrong with that. But well-known artists have always had interesting niches that they championed; it can be evidence of a certain depth. Horowitz introduced people to Scarlatti and Clementi and played Barber and late Scriabin. Rubenstein introduced people to the little-known Villa-Lobos. Richter premiered Prokofiev! Argerich has recorded everything from Bach to Messiaen. Even people who stick to 19th century literature find ways to be unique - Volodos does his own transcriptions, as did Cziffra, who was a great improviser.

Perhaps Perahia is an exception to this idea? It seems he sticks entirely to pre-20th century, and the only niche he carves out is that of playing everything really well with beautiful pealing tone.

-J

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Brendan, Kreisler 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
168 registered (accordeur, Akshay, 36251, acappello, 52 invisible), 1797 Guests and 26 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74217 Members
42 Forums
153528 Topics
2249928 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Why 88 keys?
by gsmonks
04/17/14 03:01 PM
Casio AP range advice please
by thamajor7
04/17/14 01:38 PM
Installing plain wire: no twists involved
by A443
04/17/14 01:12 PM
Disney - Mulan - Reflection (arr. by K. Landry)
by Gi Dy
04/17/14 12:32 PM
A good introduction to history of French classical music?
by BWV 846
04/17/14 10:50 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission