2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
57 members (Adam Reynolds, AJMurphy, Barry_Braksick, AlkansBookcase, APianistHasNoName, Carey, brdwyguy, beeboss, 7 invisible), 1,590 guests, and 218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17
D
D
Hi Everyone...Look at that.. a birthday cake..I can feel a new piano..soon.......Doug

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by dissyfingers
Hi Everyone...Look at that.. a birthday cake..I can feel a new piano..soon.......Doug

Happy Birthday Doug.

Joe Whitehead ------ Texas Trax
D
D
Hi...Joe...Thanks ...have listened to some of your tracks...great music..some good country there too...Doug

B
OP Offline
B
Hi Doug!

Happy Birthday and... let us know about that little present... :-)

Adalberto

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Been away from my PC for two days....

Sending birthday wishes from a frozen northern Germany to your - hopefully! - warm & sunny part of Australia... Happy birthday Doug!

D
D
Hi ..Adalberto...Mike...
Thanks..have had a great day with all the family....Doug

D
D
Hi ... IBP followers..was a great birthday..have a Yamaha CVP-505 coming tomorrow. ..think this will see me out till I cant play anymore..going to need a licence to drive it...more latter...Doug

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Wow! - many congratulations Doug!... that's a serious piece of kit. I happen to love Yamahas, both digital and acoustic.

Looks like you'll have plenty of options for creating your own backing band etc. etc. smile

D
D
Hi..Mike...I have selected this model as it will give me a wide range of interactive features..can setup my own group to sit in on the blues..there is also an amazing draw bar organ which will make for some nice bebop blues...key board can be split into 3 sections..so this will allow for piano-organ -sax or what ever...another feature I can assign the left pedal for breath control on the sax....not much they haven't thought of with when designing this ensemble piano..no doubt as I play with it over the years I should get some very satisfying hours from it...more latter...Doug

B
OP Offline
B
Congratulations, Doug!

It's so nice to see how happy you are!
I wish you thousands and thousands of hours with your CVP-505 and I'm sure it will help you to improve your playing!
b-52 Adalberto

D
D
Hi Adalberto....The CVP-505 was delivered tonight ..magnificent ..havent been able to get at as we have 4 grand kids staying to night.. I'll read through the manuals and get acquainted with some of the controls..even the wife was excited and she doesn't like piano's...Really wanting to check out the blues drum kits... sax and B3 ensemble ...more latter.....Doug

B
OP Offline
B
Great, Doug! :-)

I just started Yancey Special -by Yancey, not Meade Lux Lewis- transcribed by Sabathe (Genius of Blues http://www.authentic-blues-piano.com/)

As you can imagine, the study and practice of all the Thirds and Sixths in IBP have very helpful, because Yancey Special has plenty of them

The only problem is that the score is in a 12/8 time, not very simple to read for me. So when I can't follow the score note for note... I improvise :-) trying to get a good yanceysh sound.

Anyway I do love this tune and so my motivation to learn it is very strong.!

Best wishes!
b-52 Adalberto

D
D
Hi..Adalberto....Is the stride chord bass rendition ..I have seen Freakyhead20 on Utube playing it this way...still a great piece of music played this way.....Doug

D
D
Hi Adalberto...Had a look at the Yancey Special in the Genius of blues CDs..have to work out how to use the midi facility in the CVP..Have to get a midi card for the computer so I can connect to the midi port in the CVP...It has a video out port and I have a 22" flat screen connected to read stored music..
Yancey Special ..Genius of blues is a different transcription .. still very nice..it will be easer to play..not as complex right hand compared to the Boogie online transcription...keep at it ..Doug

D
D
Hi ... Its no big deal to connect..found a USB to Midi cable that does the job..dont even need a separate sound card ..its already in the computer sound card..just had to activate the midi section... have to wait for the cable to arrive ......Doug

B
OP Offline
B
Hi Doug,

Sabathé has transcribed the Yancey's Special as played by Jimmy Yancey, while at Boogie online there is the Meade Lux Lewis' version, that's more difficult.

I have done the first 3 choruses and I start to get a sound that I like, but the 12/8 time dosn't help: I wrote to Sabathè about this, but probably he doesn't like this kind of questions... :-)
Anyway, I would have preferred the 4/4 time Triplet Feel time.

As I wrote to you, your piano is really great and I'm happy the Midi setup is going well.
With all that technology to take care of, don't forget to play sometimes! :-)))

Have fun!
b-52

D
D
Hi boogieman52...The Midi setup is for learning...as well as reading and looping several bars at a time....The piano also has the LED system to show you what notes to play...when playing with this system activated if you play the wrong note it stops until you hit the right note..So you can set a 30 BPM ...read the music..play along..make a mistake..it stops until you play the right note..and then procceds....I think you will remember that wrong note and wont do it again...Have been playing around with the Ensemble side of the piano..and this is nothing short off amazing...if I were lazy and didn't want to play a shuffle or boogie left hand this has several excellent boogie runs and many shuffle left hands..can combine with ensemble instrument .. guitar .. sax .. ect...the instrument samples are breath taking...I'm going to have many years of entertainment with this CVP..I have brought this type of D/P..as I like to play standards as jazz and latin styles..I like the ensemble accompaniment to play with it...as I also wanted a good piano for the Blues and Boogie endevours.....Doug

B
OP Offline
B
Hi Goug,
what you can do with your DP is simply amazing! :-)
Have fun!
B-52

D
D
Hi boogieman52...Have been spending this week on page 226-227...Rock a boogie ..very tricky 3rd chorus ..bars 9 to 11 .. have spent a while getting coordination right ..still cant play bars 9 to 11 at any great speed..uses a octave boogie run left hand ...the right hand rundown is the same as 2nd chorus 9 to 11 but with a shuffle beat.. its fine to play..This is a great piece of up tempo blues...all 3 chorus can be used for other improvisation's or add on's......have fun.....Doug

D
D
Hi...Hey...Have brought a set of headphones...I wasn't going to use them but have found I wanted to play late at night..probally wouldn't annoy the neighbor's as they are not close by ...but probally get the wife annoyed with the constant repetition of the boogie riffs...have to have the volume at a certain attenuation for it to sound like a real piano....didnt want to spend heaps and settled for AKG 240 Monitor..(made in Austria)..I have found they respond very well to the lower part of the keyboard..and the midrange is bright and not muddy...the highs are crisp and I can hardly feel them when wearing...anybody else using these.....Doug

Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17

Moderated by  platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,310
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission