2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
42 members (36251, Doug M., Davidnewmind, Dfrankjazz, brdwyguy, busa, benkeys, Burkhard, David Boyce, 6 invisible), 1,092 guests, and 255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
X
xel Offline OP
OP Offline
X
Hi,

I recently purchased a 112 Perzina piano and heard some friction noise when I actuated one key (only one key has the problem). Is this a difficult problem to fix? I am under the 10 year warranty. Should I contact the dealer to fix it or replace the piano?

Another question I have is about the piano music book. I have taught myself playing some piano before. So my piano level is between beginner and intermediate. Any good piano music book for my level?

Thanks.

M
M
Hi, Xel,

I have a Perzina GP129 that I purchased in January of 2007 , and had a similar issue when it was new, which I reported in an earlier thread: Pianos from China..actual user experience
have one small problem, and the dealer is working with me to solve it. Several keys squeak (tiny baby-mouse-like squeaks that I can hear but a listener a few feet away cannot, which happen on only a few keys). The dealer has sent out two different techs, and each time they got rid of the squeaks (first tech cleaned the keybed carefully, the second one lubricated all 88 keys), but the squeaks came back. Last time, the original squeaking keys stopped squeaking, but now several others do. They will be sending out another tech to work on it later this month. I'll report on success in getting rid of the squeaks.

. . .

As promised, I now report the outcome: the squeaks are well and truly gone. The thing that fixed it was lubricating the key bushing for the balance rail guide pin felts. (The theory was it might be dampers, but the sqeaking occurred before the damper was even engaged.)

After watching the work & talking to people about it, I think it's pretty clear that this qualifies as a normal new-piano problem, not some problem with the quality of this Chinese-made piano (a Perzina GP 129). According to the tech, they wash all of the lanolin out of the wool in new pianos (to prevent moth damage) and if felts squeak, they need lubrication (and there seem to be a lot of places where this can happen.)

So, now all is well, my piano is perfect, and I love it even more. Not trying to influence sales one way or another, but for my needs this piano was just the ticket. .
Perhaps this will help you talking to the dealer's tech, and you can get the problem fixed without three visits (if it's the same problem),

Good luck!

Margaret

Margaret

Estonia L168-1754
X
xel Offline OP
OP Offline
X
Margaret,

Thanks so much for sharing this. Now I feel much more comfortable!

Xel

M
M
You're welcome. Hope the dealer can get the noise fixed for you. BTW, you might get a response to your piano book question if you post it on the Adult Beginners forum. They are a friendly & knowledgeable bunch!

Margaret

Margaret

Estonia L168-1754
X
xel Offline OP
OP Offline
X
Thanks again. I'll try my luck there smile .

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,183
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission