2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
49 members (Cheeeeee, Adam Reynolds, Cominut, Burkhard, 1200s, clothearednincompo, akse0435, busa, 36251, 6 invisible), 1,286 guests, and 285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
L
OP Offline
L
Hi people. i'm new here and have a question!!! i have had my FP4 for a while now and also an audiogram 6 which i rig up to my macbook. when i first set it all up just to test it, i managed to get all the settings just right to make it sound wonderful when recording, however for the life of me i cannot get that clarity back in my recording. i am not an expert when it comes to digital recording so i haven't a clue how to set it up for the best quality. i don't suppose there's anyone out there who has a similar setup and wouldn't mind sharing their settings with me? by settings i mean, how do you have the little knobs positioned? thank you!! smile

C
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
C
Originally Posted by lucymills85
Hi people. i'm new here and have a question!!! i have had my FP4 for a while now and also an audiogram 6 which i rig up to my macbook....

What led you to use Audiogram in preference to GarageBand with a much simpler hardware interface? Curious why you picked that setup.

I always suggest simply plugging the piano directly to the Mac's line-in and recording using default Garage Band "real instrument". At least until you see some reason not to continue with that method (and there are good reasons.)

So maybe be you'd tried that and move on to Yamaha's Audogram? I never like the idea of applying effects while you record because you can't back them out and you have only once chance to get it right. With 24-bit recording the argument for compressing during recording kind of goes away.

Last edited by ChrisA; 04/01/11 05:52 PM.
L
OP Offline
L
hi. thanks for replying! i use audiogram but use it through garageband. i dont use their sounds because they aren't real. i want my piano's sound, not garageband's version... i don't add effects. just play the piano...am i doing something wrong then?? i do get annoyed that i have to stop recording because i make a mistake, but i didn't realise there might be another way??

C
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
C
Originally Posted by lucymills85
hi. thanks for replying! i use audiogram but use it through garageband. i dont use their sounds because they aren't real. i want my piano's sound, not garageband's version... i don't add effects. just play the piano...am i doing something wrong then?? i do get annoyed that i have to stop recording because i make a mistake, but i didn't realise there might be another way??

Ok so you are just using the hardware as an audio interface to Garage Band? What happens if you plug the piano directly into the macbook's line-in? You need the correct cable but that's a $5 part. One of my problem solving methods I'm suggesting here is to make the system simpler by getting rid of every part you can do without, then you add them back in one at a time.

Then as you add the parts back, when the sound takes a dive it must be the last part you added.

L
OP Offline
L
hmm... i get your thinking...however there isn't acatually a problem with the sound of the piano using audigram, its just the many knobs you have to set to get the right loudness and clarity... i shall look into your line in idea though...anything to make things simpler! smile thanks for replying.

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,185
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission