2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
71 members (Charles Cohen, AlkansBookcase, 36251, benkeys, 20/20 Vision, bcalvanese, booms, Bruce Sato, Carey, 10 invisible), 1,930 guests, and 264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Here are some pictures from the April party, compliments of Karen...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Estonia L190 #6826 [Linked Image]
B
Bex Offline
B
Thanks, Stan, for posting the photos and to Karen for taking them! We had a great time.

On the piano stand:
Widmung
Partita in c minor
Jardins sous la pluie
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
looks like a very happy group of pianoholics!! thanks for sharing your pics! thumb

Fellow San Francisco Areans:

I am hoping some of you might like to come to Moe's Bookstore next Wednesday (May 20, 2009) at 7:30 p.m., as I'll be doing a reading/signing for the paperback (just out) of "A Romance on Three Legs: Glenn Gould's Obsessive Quest for the Perfect Piano." It was nominated recently for the Northern California Book Award for general non-fiction ("Physics for Future Presidents," the great book by UC Berkeley Physics Professor Richard Muller, won, and we were both in the running against Michael Pollan).

My email address in case anyone has questions: katieh@gmail.com.

Katie

We had a great time back in April at Karen's (thanks again Karen for being such a gracious host) so it's time again for a Piano Party! Here are some details...

Place: Robert Valenti's residence, in Menlo Park
Date: Saturday, 7/25
Time: 6pm
Who's invited: Anyone with an interest in Piano. Hearty applause guaranteed for all.

Robert's got a nice Schimmel if I remember our conversation from the April piano party.

Please RSVP to "Robert Valenti" or to me ("Ovaltine") and we'll give you directions to Robert's place, and will put you on the email list we've set up to organize our piano gatherings.

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
I just noticed this thread. My son recently moved to SF to start to graduate program at UCSF. He's a member here, although hasn't posted for a long time - Fred Shoppin. We plan to visit him in April. He misses his piano horribly and is talking about trying to pick up a cheap upright. Anyway, just thought I'd throw this out there to let you know he's there and I'll be there in April if talk of another SF piano party should come up.

O
O
Hi kathyk,

Our group is small but strong and everyone is welcome! Our next party is scheduled for January 23, 2009. I will make sure that we post advance notice for all future upcoming events.

"These are the good old days" --Carly Simon
P
P
Just saw this thread and would like to be added to the list of those in the Bay Area with an interest in these types of get togethers. If there is a Google group, would appreciate info to sign up. Thanks very much for organizing this.

Just learned of this through the newsletter. Definitely interested. My place is too small and many of you no doubt have superior pianos. Please keep me informed though!

Thanks!
Chris Cortese

OP Offline
Sorry I haven't checked this thread in a while...

If anyone is interested in joining our group, please go to the below link and send in a request: http://groups.google.com/group/SF-piano-party?hl=en

So just to be clear... the next party is on Saturday 1/23, right? In a location to be made known as soon as you join the Google Group

http://groups.google.com/group/SF-piano-party

O
O
Originally Posted by Octavia
Our next party is scheduled for January 23, 2009.

Correction: make that January 23, 2010. Sorry for any confusion that may have caused!

"These are the good old days" --Carly Simon
P
P
I live in Sacramento area. Would love to drive to SF for a piano party, if I can be promised that parking would not be an issue. smile

Hmm. I just went to the google site and the last message was in January 2010. Is this group still active?

Darn.....a day late and a dollar short!!! I would attend events in the bay area.

Piano obsession started November 2010.
Ragtime Butcher
Kayserburg U123
[Linked Image]
J
J
I would as well (South Bay resident here). I've submitted a membership request to the Google Group.

Any members of the Fortnightly Music Club around? I've been curious about that, but haven't ever gotten around to investigating beyond attending a concert or two.

M
M
I'd like to bring your attention to this meetup series: EBMC's Monthly Concert/Party/Jam. The first half is a concert by volunteer amateur musicians (you can visit EBMC's website to get an idea of what we play) and the second half is a potluck dinner with a jam session afterward. All attendees are welcome to play during the jam session and we are always looking for more volunteers.

E
E
Me, in SF now, but in Berkeley later. Have v. spiffy instrument, will soon have spiffy digs. V. advanced pianist. Interested in wilding pals for concerts in & out of home.

J
J
I should have thought to mention it here before, but the Bay Area Piano Enthusiasts meetup is now over a year old. We've had events at various places (piano stores, a member's home) around the Bay Area. Some of the past events have programs linked from the meetup descriptions. Please join us! All are welcome.

T
T
Wow, I'd love to come to a get together. I live in Sacramento, but would be willing to come down and hangout with fellow musicians. I'll be watching this thread to checkout any set dates. Right on!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission