2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
50 members (BillS728, anotherscott, AlkansBookcase, Carey, CharlesXX, bcalvanese, colinvda, Adam Reynolds, cascadia, 6 invisible), 2,122 guests, and 303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by cardguy
Stores wants to say it's equivalent to saying "buddy" or "friend."

No no no no no no. I said "buddy"...I didn't say "friend". It's simply a term. Would it have been different had I said "Spanky", or "Melvin", or whomever? It means nothing and those who mussssssst place some importance behind it need to find themselves a hobby. Some of you really need to get out of the house a bit more. Get over it already.

"And if we look at the works of J.S. Bach — a benevolent god to which all musicians should offer a prayer to defend themselves against mediocrity... -Debussy

"It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right."

♪ ≠ $

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by pianoloverus
I'm surprised you didn't know that I am several times your age as my age has come up occasionally before although not in the way I've mentioned it in this thread. My post has nothing to do with "bowing" to people because of their age.

You're so full of it. If your post has nothing to do with your age and the "oh my god here he comes bow your head" respect that you feel should be shown you as a result then you would never mention your "surprise" regarding the fact that Angelina didn't know your age (as if she should remember it before addressing such wisdom and experience). Waaaaaah! Get off my grass!!!

"And if we look at the works of J.S. Bach — a benevolent god to which all musicians should offer a prayer to defend themselves against mediocrity... -Debussy

♪ ≠ $

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
If you're worried about someone reading you wrong, you can toss in a happy face...

Now if stores had only used a happy face along with "skippy."

:>)

I'm not, however, worried about someone/anyone reading me wrong. I said what I wanted to say. If I wanted to use a happy face I would have, but I'm not Mark.

♪ ≠ $

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by stores
I'm surprised you didn't know that I am several times your age as my age has come up occasionally before although not in the way I've mentioned it in this thread. My post has nothing to do with "bowing" to people because of their age.

You're so full of it. If your post has nothing to do with your age and the "oh my god here he comes bow your head" respect that you feel should be shown you as a result then you would never mention your "surprise" regarding the fact that Angelina didn't know your age (as if she should remember it before addressing such wisdom and experience). Waaaaaah! Get off my grass!!!
What nonsense...from one of the snarkiest(to use another poster's description) posters in the history of PW. Expecting courtesy i different from respecting respect. You don't care about either.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
stores darling, for a concert pianist (that is what you are, right?), your people skills are a bit.. less than visible.
At the end of the day, it is all about perceptions. You can be incredibly nice at heart, but if you are perceived as nasty, that is how you will "go down". Thus a sharpening of one's communication skills is required. All the more relevant to younger Angelina..
In plainer English, it is not just PL who has commented on the impressions given by your communications. I am willing to bet my last dime that if anyone were to call you skippy (try to imagine one of your students doing that), YOU would NOT be a happy camper (and I , for one, would not want to be around for that scene), yes????

Originally Posted by Pogorelich.
My comment was more about being treated with courtesy as opposed to respect. I don't expect anyone to respect me automatically for any reason.

So I have to be polite, ALL the time, without having a different "tone" ever? I can't say "Oh come on" or something, I always have to say "dear sir, please come on"? I know I'm exaggerating, but.... come on!!
You don't have to do anything. It's up to you.

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Okay, I'm a b***h, can we talk piano now? This isn't a "how to tall to people" help session.

"The eyes can mislead, the smile can lie, but the shoes always tell the truth."
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Seems like a sufficient close to this side conversation. I think a lot of you are just frustrated that the live stream is no longer available. smile

C
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
C
For what it's worth P, which I grant isn't much, I've never found you anything but a very bright and engaging poster full of youthful passion and love for the piano. I don't recall a single time when I'd apply the "B" word to one of your posts.

Stores, I don't get why this bothers you. If you care what other people think about you...and from your general posting style it's a surprise to me that you might...then why not try a little kindness? I remember a post I put up as pretty much a newcomer both to the forum and the piano (as an adult restarter), and your response to my admittedly not very bright questions was:

"Yawn."

That to me is just plain nasty. I mean, why go out of your way to try and make someone feel badly? What drives that kind of thing?

At least you didn't call me skippy.

Last edited by cardguy; 04/16/11 03:07 PM.
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
For what it's worth P, which I grant isn't much, I've never found you anything but a very bright and engaging poster full of youthful passion and love for the piano. I don't recall a single time when I'd apply the "B" word to one of your posts.

Stores, I don't get why this bothers you. If you care what other people think about you...and from your general posting style it's a surprise to me that you might...then why not try a little kindness? I remember a post I put up as pretty much a newcomer both to the forum and the piano (as an adult restarter), and your response to my admittedly not very bright questions was:

"Yawn."

That to me is just plain nasty. I mean, why go out of your way to try and make someone feel badly? What drives that kind of thing?

At least you didn't call me skippy.

Sorry about the yawn, Skippy.

♪ ≠ $

1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Im practicing waltz op 18 now also ballade no 1 too ıf you want to listen click the link on the first page thank you. Im using Steingraeber upright piano. Very close to sound of pleyel piano.

Last edited by Batuhan; 04/17/11 02:39 PM.

I have a feeling that if I met stores in person, we'd get along very well. If I lived within 50 miles of him, I'd also take a lesson from him now and then.

In pedagogue terms...BruceD is the Claude Frank of PianoWorld, and stores is the John Perry. (Played for both - my two favorite masterclasses of all time.)

"If we continually try to force a child to do what he is afraid to do, he will become more timid, and will use his brains and energy, not to explore the unknown, but to find ways to avoid the pressures we put on him." (John Holt)

www.pianoped.com
www.youtube.com/user/UIPianoPed
S
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
S
Great Work Batuhan! Your dedication is quite admirable and to be taking on the hardest part of this difficult piece from the start is a good idea...I do think you should get a teacher! Good Luck!

Working On-

Deux Arabesques, Debussy

On Queue-

Danse Russe from Petroushka, Stravinsky
Toccata, Ravel

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Kreisler
I have a feeling that if I met stores in person, we'd get along very well. If I lived within 50 miles of him, I'd also take a lesson from him now and then.

In pedagogue terms...BruceD is the Claude Frank of PianoWorld, and stores is the John Perry. (Played for both - my two favorite masterclasses of all time.)

You can't really just make a statement like this and expect to get away with it smile DETAILS PLEASE!!!

C
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
C

I've a feeling that if I lived within 50 miles of stores, I'd move.

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member

I believe we'd get along very well also. I'd be more than happy to oblige with the lesson. Thank you for the honorable comparison! I've played for Perry, but not Frank.

♪ ≠ $

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member

I've a feeling that if I lived within 50 miles of stores, I'd move.

That made me laugh!=p

♪ ≠ $

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Haha!! The Perry... Omg I have to study in the summer with him. I guess after knowing stores, Perry won't be that much different :P

"The eyes can mislead, the smile can lie, but the shoes always tell the truth."
You'll love Perry, he's wonderful!

"If we continually try to force a child to do what he is afraid to do, he will become more timid, and will use his brains and energy, not to explore the unknown, but to find ways to avoid the pressures we put on him." (John Holt)

www.pianoped.com
And which of his 80 summer festivals are you attending?

www.pianoped.com
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,152
Members111,629
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission