2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
71 members (36251, Bruce Sato, Carey, 20/20 Vision, AlkansBookcase, bcalvanese, brdwyguy, amc252, akse0435, 11 invisible), 2,080 guests, and 315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Saul #1673648 05/08/11 02:04 PM
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Saul
Originally Posted by debrucey
I wouldn't have a conversation about music or anything else with someone who held discriminatory views about black people, or jews, or women, so why should I have one with someone who holds discriminatory views about gay people and makes it known on a forum that has nothing to do with such things? Your reputation is tarnished.

So don't...

As for gay people, it aint no my invention, just read the bible. Its called an 'abomination', you're problem is aint with me but with God.

I can't help you with that...

One more like that from you and you're on my iggy list...

Ah yes, religion, the refuge for those who pick and choose what nonsense to believe.

Rather than quote the nonsensical book itself, I'll give you something just as accurate and certainly more entertaining ...

I just bought and watched Bill Maher's film\documentary Religious. I highly recommend it.

I guess I missed the discussion this thread was based on but always feel the need to stomp out ignorance when the need arises. As you were. smile

Yamaha AvantGrand N1X | Roland RD 2000 | Sennheiser HD 598 headphones
Dave Horne #1673651 05/08/11 02:09 PM
S
Saul Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by Dave Horne
Originally Posted by debrucey
I wouldn't have a conversation about music or anything else with someone who held discriminatory views about black people, or jews, or women, so why should I have one with someone who holds discriminatory views about gay people and makes it known on a forum that has nothing to do with such things? Your reputation is tarnished.

So don't...

As for gay people, it aint no my invention, just read the bible. Its called an 'abomination', you're problem is aint with me but with God.

I can't help you with that...

One more like that from you and you're on my iggy list...

Ah yes, religion, the refuge for those who pick and choose what nonsense to believe.

Rather than quote the nonsensical book itself, I'll give you something just as accurate and certainly more entertaining ...

I just bought and watched Bill Maher's film\documentary Religious. I highly recommend it.

I guess I missed the discussion this thread was based on but always feel the need to stomp out ignorance when the need arises. As you were. smile

Added...

Dave Horne #1673652 05/08/11 02:10 PM
L
L

If you haven't already read it, the book The End of Faith is a really good read as well.

Saul #1673653 05/08/11 02:12 PM
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Saul, I'm glad to have my name added to your list, it makes me proud.

... and as my dear grandmother would say, go **** ********. I meant that, of course, in the most charitable way.

Yamaha AvantGrand N1X | Roland RD 2000 | Sennheiser HD 598 headphones
Saul #1673662 05/08/11 02:33 PM
S
S
Here we go again... are we going to debate now why I dont want to debate anymore...?

Give it a rest for goodness sake...and lets talk music...

Was I not clear enough? or people are looking for argumenets no matter what?

Since its evident that I'm not going to agree with anyone about most of the things here that have to do with philosophy, religion, politics, social issues and so on, I will refrain from participating in these discussions, for I see no real point in doing so at the current way its been handled right now.

I will concentrate only with things that have to do specifically with music.
Nothing about relationships, or mice found in people’s houses and so on…

Only music from now on…

Regards,

Saul

I have nothing else to say about this, and will ignore any comments that have nothing to do with this remark.

Hmm... I didn't follow you or your opinions in the other topics you are referring to, but... What exactly was your intention with the creation of this post?

I mean, what kind of replies are you hoping for?

People usually create a topic to receive feedback on something. Despite you repeating it, I doubt it's music you're hoping to discuss here. Seems like (in reality) you want an entire topic dedicated to your decision to stop discussions on everything non-music.

Except, with the added sentence: "Only MUSIC from now on!", without... an actual musical topic to discuss...

Which leaves posters with a few options:
1. Be the one to find something MUSIC to talk about... and then randomly start discussing it in... this topic? (Why would anyone do this?)
2. React on the actual content of your topic (only to get a reaction from you like the first quote in this reply.)
3. Ignore this post, seemingly designed to be able to reject any possible reply.

Makes it seem like a desperate attempt to... have the last word... But, maybe I'm wrong.

In which case: I need replies to my topic on crescendo's... cool

Definitely something music! *large grin*

Last edited by soulshaker; 05/08/11 02:36 PM.
soulshaker #1673663 05/08/11 02:36 PM
S
Saul Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by soulshaker
Here we go again... are we going to debate now why I dont want to debate anymore...?

Give it a rest for goodness sake...and lets talk music...

Was I not clear enough? or people are looking for argumenets no matter what?

Since its evident that I'm not going to agree with anyone about most of the things here that have to do with philosophy, religion, politics, social issues and so on, I will refrain from participating in these discussions, for I see no real point in doing so at the current way its been handled right now.

I will concentrate only with things that have to do specifically with music.
Nothing about relationships, or mice found in people’s houses and so on…

Only music from now on…

Regards,

Saul

I have nothing else to say about this, and will ignore any comments that have nothing to do with this remark.

Hmm... I didn't follow you or your opinions in the other topics you are referring to, but... What exactly was your intention with the creation of this post?

I mean, what kind of replies are you hoping for?

People usually create a topic to receive feedback on something. Despite you repeating it, I doubt it's music you're hoping to discuss here. Seems like (in reality) you want an entire topic dedicated to your decision to stop discussions on everything non-music.

Except, with the added sentence: "Only MUSIC from now on!", without... an actual musical topic to discuss. Which leaves posters with a few options:
1. Be the one to find something MUSIC to talk about... and then randomly start discussing it in... this topic? (Why would anyone do this?)
2. React on the actual content of your topic (only to get a reaction from you like the first quote in this reply.)
3. Ignore this post, seemingly designed to be able to reject any possible reply.

Makes it seem like a desperate attempt to... have the last word... But, maybe I'm wrong.

In which case: I need replies to my topic on crescendo's... cool

Definitely something music! *large grin*

I just dont see any reason or point to argue with anyone about things that dont have to do with music, that's all I said, and wanted.

But some people as you saw still didnt want to stop creating problems, therefore I was left with no other choice then to ignore them.

Saul #1673670 05/08/11 02:45 PM
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Ahhaaah, bwaahhaaaa. Yeah, right. grin

Piano*Dad #1673671 05/08/11 02:48 PM
S
Saul Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by Piano*Dad

Ahhaaah, bwaahhaaaa. Yeah, right. grin

Done...

Anyone else is up to that?

Saul #1673676 05/08/11 02:58 PM
T
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
T
Saul, Perhaps you should open a facebook account and discuss "music" there. You might meet a good number more pathological narcissists and find yourself more at home.

Originally Posted by beet31425
9:12 AM (PST):
Since its evident that I'm not going to agree with anyone about most of the things here that have to do with philosophy, religion, politics, social issues and so on, I will refrain from participating in these discussions,...

I will concentrate only with things that have to do specifically with music...

Only music from now on…

10:25 AM (PST):
As for gay people, it aint no my invention, just read the bible. Its called an 'abomination'...

sigh... and blech....

-J

And the false witnessing word of man was made god.

Great clip.
I think I need to buy a couple seasons of the West Wing and lock myself into the rumpus room for a weekend.

Saul #1673684 05/08/11 03:07 PM
A
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
A
Wow, this is easily the biggest forum meltdown I've ever seen.

Saul #1673688 05/08/11 03:13 PM
B
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
B
Well, not the biggest, but it's going to end here.

Greg
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission