2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
35 members (brdwyguy, busa, benkeys, Burkhard, fullerphoto, Erinmarriott, David Boyce, 20/20 Vision, Animisha, beeboss, 4 invisible), 1,228 guests, and 291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
doremi Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I am 'doremi' because I play scales smile
My teacher is 'domisol' because he plays chords shocked
M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
CA63: Immediately. But I never need more then a few minutes (playing some riffs) to getting used to an acoustic or digital piano.

<~ don't test forever - play and enjoy! ~>
D
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
D
Average ....30 mins ... if you know your way around a board ...they all are similar in more ways then they are different.

"I'm still an idiot and I'm still in love" - Blue Sofa - The Plugz 1981 (Tito Larriva)
Disclosure : I am professionally associated with Arturia but my sentiments are my own only.
A
A
Yamaha CP5:

The first time I tried it, I didn't quite get the idea, played the few sounds I could access, liked them, but turned my back to it.
Then I reconsidered the CP5 and in the process watched a couple of online demos on youtube etc., which helped me to get the basic structure of the thing. The next time at the store I figured out the basic functions pretty quickly.
A quick glance over the reference manual gave me an impression of the available functions and menus – and from there I didn't find too many open questions.

All in all, it required some effort, but I think it was worth it because it may not an intuitive design, but it is a logical and - within its own logic - a pretty straightforward one. So it seems to me that once you've found out and memorized a couple of basic steps, the details follow almost automatically.

Last edited by andi85; 05/08/11 01:29 PM.

Best

Andreas
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
My keyboard is pretty deep, with the VAST and KDFX engine. I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll never know all of it--- or even close. That's okay though; I'll just learn what I need to know as I need it.

Les C Deal

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
The NP88 took virtually no time. Not much menu diving, just buttons with labels. The NP88 has 24 programmable menu banks with 5 presets, and a shift button to edit pedal noise/string resonance. Other than that, the NP88 is as straight forward as a keyboard gets. For on the spot changes in a real time gig situation, the Nords are dummy proof. Even my NE3 with it's sample library and Organs is super easy.

Studiologic Numa X Piano GT with Native Instruments Noire
A
A
Same here with the Nord Electro 2. Basically, I just purchased it second hand, started playing – and that was it. I did consult the manual for the menu functions at some point, but that was in order to find out about more advanced features like two-manual organ playing.

The follow-up to the NE2, my Nord C1 required almost no learning either. Apart from a couple of details, the instrument is pretty much self-explaining – AND it has the menu printed on the top board, which is a great idea imho.

Ironically, though, for the precedessor of my CP5, the Roland RD-150, I needed the manual almost every time I wanted to change something. Almost all buttons have double functions but they're not labeled at all, so either you memorize the combinations (haha) or you look them up every time.

Last edited by andi85; 05/09/11 03:59 AM.

Best

Andreas
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by andi85
Same here with the Nord Electro 2. Basically, I just purchased it second hand, started playing – and that was it. I did consult the manual for the menu functions at some point, but that was in order to find out about more advanced features like two-manual organ playing.

The follow-up to the NE2, my Nord C1 required almost no learning either. Apart from a couple of details, the instrument is pretty much self-explaining – AND it has the menu printed on the top board, which is a great idea imho.

Yeah, ease of use is definitely a selling point for Nords.

Studiologic Numa X Piano GT with Native Instruments Noire

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,183
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission