2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
63 members (anotherscott, Bellyman, brennbaer, busa, Barly, 1957, btcomm, 12 invisible), 1,963 guests, and 332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 18 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 17 18
C
C
Hey CN-33 owners I noticed something weird last night. The top notes have a sustain on them even without the sustain pedal. As I go down there is a G that has the sustain and then F# down do not. I kept hitting the note G and it sustained and the ones below do not. Over and over. Has anyone noticed this? It's the 2nd G from the top.

I'm going to upgrade the firmware to see if that fixes it but thought I'd ask here first since I haven't heard anyone talking about this. I hope it's not defective.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Treble break?

(the point on an acoustic piano after which where there are no dampers)

Cheers,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
I don't think that's a defect. It's there by design.

Acoustic pianos have no dampers on the high octave or two. Those notes are relatively weak and have little sustain, so there's no need for dampers.

Digital pianos deliberately emulate that.

C
C
Originally Posted by MacMacMac
I don't think that's a defect. It's there by design.

Acoustic pianos have no dampers on the high octave or two. Those notes are relatively weak and have little sustain, so there's no need for dampers.

Digital pianos deliberately emulate that.

I'm really impressed that digital pianos mimic this behavior. I played with all the instruments and it's only the piano sounds that have it. Now I know why. I never use these keys so I never noticed it before or on a real piano. I'll check it out on a real piano though.

Thanks for the quick response.

Another thing, just in case anyone searches for it.. I tried updating the firmware with my old usb key and I got "noF". I couldn't figure out what it was so I tried a new key and it worked perfectly. So if anyone ever has this problem try a new usb drive. The "noF" doesn't seem to be documented anywhere. It wouldn't let me load a MIDI from USB either. It's an old USB drive maybe 8 years old so no big deal.

I'm still loving my CN-33 and I play it daily. I used to prefer an old out of tune acoustic piano at the grandparents but now that I'm used to the CN-33 I prefer the CN-33 and I shiver at some of the out of tune notes on the acoustic.

Last edited by cunparis; 01/22/11 12:32 PM.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Possibly the format of the stick is not recognized. Reformat it, preferrably using the piano and possibly it works...

1929 Galaxy Blüthner Baby Grand
acer aspire m3300 AMD Phenom II X6

C
C
Originally Posted by hpeterh
Possibly the format of the stick is not recognized. Reformat it, preferrably using the piano and possibly it works...

I reformatted it FAT32 on my windows computer. The digital piano won't accept it at all. Can't even format it.

I checked out the acoustic I've been playing and it does the same thing (the damper thing) and even has it to the D below the G on my CN-33. I'm surprised I never noticed it before but I never use those keys.

cunparis, you may be interested in this article:

http://art-facts.blogspot.com/2009/07/how-many-dampers-does-piano-have.html

Cheers,
James
x

C
C
Thanks James, that was interesting and in the comments several found that page after discovering this on their digital pianos, like me. It's really interesting to learn how pianos work, that got me googling and next thing I know an hour has gone by and I'm a bit smarter. wink

Hi,
I just purchased a CN 33 Rosewood. I was looking for a digital to practice any hour of the day or night. I'm fortunate in that I have an acoustic,but would like to get more pracitce in and not destrube the house. I spent three hours in the store on Saturday, it was a Kawai sales event. I went back and forth between the 23 and 33. There is a subtle difference that you may be more sensitive to if you play an acoustic piano. The Kawai representative was very hepful in explaining the difference. Although, I did not need many of the added features, the action made the difference. The store along with Kawai will be haaving demonstrations on how to use the many voices and layering. Thank you James for all your help. My CN33 will be delivered on Friday. thumb
Dot

[Linked Image]
S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by salzdt
Hi,
I just purchased a CN 33 Rosewood. I was looking for a digital to practice any hour of the day or night. I'm fortunate in that I have an acoustic,but would like to get more pracitce in and not destrube the house. I spent three hours in the store on Saturday, it was a Kawai sales event. I went back and forth between the 23 and 33. There is a subtle difference that you may be more sensitive to if you play an acoustic piano. The Kawai representative was very hepful in explaining the difference. Although, I did not need many of the added features, the action made the difference. The store along with Kawai will be haaving demonstrations on how to use the many voices and layering. Thank you James for all your help. My CN33 will be delivered on Friday. thumb
Dot

Congratulations Dot. You will find it quite simple to operate many of the other features if you need them.

We look forward to a photo once it's delivered, after you can tear yourself away from playing it of course.

D
D
Hi for everyone :),

Another new member and I like to start by thanking everyone. These forums help me out on selecting CN-33. Order one from Thomann.

Although I am very happy with the piano, I have one problem.
When I was assembling the piano following the user manual,
the protective film that supposed to cover the display is not there.
The display showed signs of being used before (does not look new).
It has some cosmetic scuffs and one small scratch can be seen easily by the naked eye.
I called Thomann, at first they try to offer me €15 back but I refused.
They also offer to exchange it but I have to pay the shipping to Ireland and I refused.
Finally they offer to arrange for a courier to pick it up and they will replace it after examining it.

The question I have for CN-33 owners confused,

How is the display on your piano, does it looks nice, clean and smooth?
Should I just keep the piano or exchange it?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by DannyTes; 02/02/11 04:32 PM.
S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
From that photo it looks as if the protective film is there and the damage is to the film!?

If you read back through this thread, one user also thought his CN33 did not come with a protective display film, but on really close inspection he removed it.

Try lifting at the edge gently with a fingernail.

If in fact there is no film, then yes the surface of the display should be clean and smooth.

D
D
Spanishbuddha, thank you very much for your quick respond. You are right, there is a protective film. I will be calling Thomann ASAP to apologize.
For anyone who is looking for Digital Piano at around €1200-1300, it does not get better than CN-33. At €1500 go for CN-63 with even bigger speakers and more functions. The feel is just right. I connected the piano to one of those Yamaha sound bars, the sound is amazing. All I need now is a good set of headphones.
Once more thank you everyone.

S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by DannyTes
Spanishbuddha, thank you very much for your quick respond. You are right, there is a protective film. I will be calling Thomann ASAP to apologize.
For anyone who is looking for Digital Piano at around €1200-1300, it does not get better than CN-33. At €1500 go for CN-63 with even bigger speakers and more functions. The feel is just right. I connected the piano to one of those Yamaha sound bars, the sound is amazing. All I need now is a good set of headphones.

Good result. Welcome to the forum and congrats on your CN33. Thanks for the photo's. Now to enjoy playing it, what is your skill level and what do you play?

Pity about the keyboard put aside (to the left in the photo) what is/was it?

Good result!

James
x

C
C
DannyTes & salzdt: Congrats on your new CN-33 pianos. I have been playing mine every day, progressing through Alfred's level 1 and now into level 2. I had an arranger keyboard for over a year and barely played it but the CN-33 gets played every day. I simply love it.

Good to hear others are enjoying theirs too. Funny story about the sticker. I never took mine off. My pedals still have the plastic but I'm going to take it off cause it looks a bit tacky. wink

S
S
Originally Posted by DannyTes

Hi I would like to ask your experience with Thomann.de.
Where do you live and how long did it take from order to delivery?
I called them and they sounded nice and professional.
I live in Switzerland.

I am considering the CN43 with the set bench and headphones from Thomann.

And one more thing: does the sound (piano) from CN33 identical to the CN43?

Last edited by SWISSHAT; 04/01/11 01:57 PM.
B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Hi Swisshat, I bought my CN33 from Thomann and I live in England the delivery didn't take long and I was informed by text as to the progress of the delivery. However, one small hic-cup when the courier routing person left a message on my mobile phone (cell phone?) voicemail informing me of the delivery date and time, I never got the voicemail message so the courier turned up at my home while I was out, but I got a telephone call and the courier came back the next day. I've never played the CN43, is this a new model, but I'm more than pleased with my CN33......recommended. Just one thing, if your outside the Euro zone (€) you'll get foreign transaction fees when you pay with your card, around 3%.

T
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
T
I also have had good experience ordering with thomann.de, already at least six times. Be aware that they are growing and don't always have their act together. Take the time to call and meet your country representative before placing your order to ensure that they will look out for your order and that their many promises are actually met and that you receive your piano when you expect to receive it.

S
S
Originally Posted by theJourney
I also have had good experience ordering with thomann.de, already at least six times. Be aware that they are growing and don't always have their act together. Take the time to call and meet your country representative before placing your order to ensure that they will look out for your order and that their many promises are actually met and that you receive your piano when you expect to receive it.

Huh?
Good experience? Or beware?
Now YOU are confusing me.
But nevertheless, thanks for your effort in typing messages here.

Page 10 of 18 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,387
Posts3,349,212
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission