2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
74 members (20/20 Vision, brdwyguy, AlkansBookcase, 36251, benkeys, bcalvanese, booms, Bruce Sato, Carey, 10 invisible), 1,925 guests, and 267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1692024 06/07/11 02:29 PM
C
clayts Offline OP
OP Offline
C
play the first note ten times, then play the first 2 notes 10 times go back to the first note and play the first three notes 10 times then go back to the first note and play the first 4 notes 10 times continue doing this till you get to the end of the tune play only 1 tune a day please thank me for my advice when you become an expert pianist(bye bye for now)

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Thank you for the immensely useful advice. I shall integrate it into my daily life and follow it to the end of time now and forever. Do you recommend the same approach for fixing my car? What are the risks of applying it while flying in a space shuttle on your way to another galaxy? Does it also work on the north pole? crazy

Last edited by Teodor; 06/07/11 02:35 PM.

[Linked Image]
Recitals:[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
C
clayts Offline OP
OP Offline
C
EH????

Gold member until Dec. 2012
1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
Dang, I must have missed tip No. "1". I must travel back in time until I find it.
Since I am currently working on Chopin prelude No. 20, do I treat the 4 & 5 note cords as one note? Both hands or one at a time?
Thank You
S&W

1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
Double dang!
I can't believe I just wasted my 1400 post of this thread instead of something more meaningful... such as the MSH "One" thread!

L
L
[Linked Image]

A
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
A
Fantastic - I'm just starting my new piece. This will be invaluable. By my calculations, it will only take me 28 years to complete the arabesque!!!

That doesn't count the time needed to keep fixing middle C# which, since it's the first note, will get played millions of times.

• Debussy - Le Petit Nègre, L. 114
  • Haydn - Sonata in Gm, Hob. XVI/44

Kawai K3
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Unsound advice.

"You are the music while the music lasts" - T.S. Eliot
S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by Strings & Wood
Dang, I must have missed tip No. "1". I must travel back in time until I find it.

S&W

It's here. Where it was quickly refuted, and the thread degenerated. Hmmm...I too just fed the troll.

L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L
Originally Posted by Clayts
play the first note ten times, then play the first 2 notes 10 times go back to the first note and play the first three notes 10 times then go back to the first note and play the first 4 notes 10 times continue doing this till you get to the end of the tune play only 1 tune a day please thank me for my advice when you become an expert pianist(bye bye for now)

Dear Mr. Clayts,

As corporate counsel for Notereader International, Inc., I am sending you this correspondence as a courtesy.

It has not escaped our notice that you have been appropriating copyrighted material from our product manuals and posting it verbatim on public internet chat forums.

The excerpt reprinted above, for instance, is taken word-for-word from page 42 of the user manual for our recently released product, the Girlie Notereader 2011 Deluxe XP Vanden Plas.

Please note that your clever attempt to disguise your plagiarism by omitting all punctuation and capital letters, and by adding the parenthetical "bye bye for now," does not constitute sufficient change to avoid a charge of copyright infringement.

Please cease and desist from this practice at once.

Sincerely,
Legal Department
Notereader International, Inc.

"Wide awake, I can make my most fantastic dreams come true..."
- Lorenz Hart
J
J
LOL

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
I ..... very bestest internet friend clayts.... then we can have cake together.......before bedtime......
....lots of lovey dovey......... cardboardsextoy......"unfriend" facebook...........twiitter me pants....myspace pictures.
So happy.....thursdays delivery.......pink instead of red...minor annoyance, can live with........learnt 7 notes now using....excellent method.........many thanks again....tommorrow great joy...concert pianist....down to you. kisses.

Last edited by Rostosky; 06/07/11 03:27 PM. Reason: lost control of bowels during posting.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Legal Beagle
Dear Mr. Clayts,

As corporate counsel for Notereader International, Inc., I am sending you this correspondence as a courtesy.

It has not escaped our notice that you have been appropriating copyrighted material from our product manuals and posting it verbatim on public internet chat forums.

The excerpt reprinted above, for instance, is taken word-for-word from page 42 of the user manual for our recently released product, the Girlie Notereader 2011 Deluxe XP Vanden Plas.

Please note that your clever attempt to disguise your plagiarism by omitting all punctuation and capital letters, and by adding the parenthetical "bye bye for now," does not constitute sufficient change to avoid a charge of copyright infringement.

Please cease and desist from this practice at once.

Sincerely,
Legal Department
Notereader International, Inc.
Do you know how upsetting this is? I was so looking forward to piano tip number 49, in particular. And now it looks like it may never be posted on this forum. frown Unless, of course, NII has plans to publish the full collection of tips and make it available to its loyal customers at a special introductory price. If so, is it possible to pre-order a copy?

Mary Bee
Current mantra: Play outside the box.
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] XVI-XXXVI
A
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by MaryBee
Do you know how upsetting this is? I was so looking forward to piano tip number 49, in particular. And now it looks like it may never be posted on this forum. frown Unless, of course, NII has plans to publish the full collection of tips and make it available to its loyal customers at a special introductory price. If so, is it possible to pre-order a copy?

I'm wondering if I should cancel my pre-order of "Playing Piano for Pleasure: The Classic Guide to Improving Skills Through Practice and Discipline" or wait a while?

I'm worried that all of clayt's tips will mean there's nothing left for me to find out.

• Debussy - Le Petit Nègre, L. 114
  • Haydn - Sonata in Gm, Hob. XVI/44

Kawai K3
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
The dangerouse thing about these kinds of posts is that if a true beginner looks in here with no frame of reference, they may actually try this....

Marcus

Marcus Valdes

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by mivaldes
The dangerouse thing about these kinds of posts is that if a true beginner looks in here with no frame of reference, they may actually try this....

Marcus

I think that's what happened to Clayts. He read too many of Gyro's posts.

Joe Whitehead ------ Texas Trax
L
L
Originally Posted by Studio Joe

I think that's what happened to Clayts. He read too many of Gyro's posts.

I'm pretty sure clayts is an account someone else is using to stir the pot.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by mivaldes

Marcus

I hope this is not a reference to the Girlie Notereader 2011 deluxe XP vanden plas model.

R&D Has this to say:
The Girlie notereader 2011 deluxe XP vanden plas model has undergone extensive testing here in the slurrypit building located in Wales UK.
It is resistant to ecoli, and will withstand sheep impact up to approximately 34MPH.
It is not fully waterproof, but has good resistance to fluids such as coffee and general purpose lubricants.
It is not advisable to use in conjunction with the cardboardanno, and doing so may void the garauntee.
It may be used with complete confidence whilst playing any colour of piano, and also may be of help whilst playing imaginary red pianos, allthough this has not been fully researched, the makers see no potential hazards arising from such use.

Last edited by Rostosky; 06/07/11 05:09 PM. Reason: fear of zombies caused unexpected and painfull tumescence.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
M
M
It occurs to me that clayts' advice could be applied to making out with one's girlfriend. Seemingly endless repetition of the introductory measures could be stimulating, to say the least. But by the time both parties got anywhere near the crescendo, interest would have waned considerably.

Don't even try it with the wife, though. "Come on, for God's sake! My program starts in 5 minutes!"

I'm getting there--note by note.
C
clayts Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I been doing a lot of thinking as well as playing my red piano well you see that tip 2 is a big improvement on tip 1 so if i think of anything better i will go ahead and post tip 3 seems like you,re all ignorant of anyone wanting to improve yet you don,t give any tips or suggestions i am improving every day every hour every minute and every second that i play my beautiful red piano so you lot just carry on being silly and just carry on being ignorant then live with the regret in time to come that you are not improving because tip 3 is the greatest tip of them all and that is do today what others will not so that you can do tommorrow what others cannot so if you are still ignorant of this then you are a fool

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,293
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission