Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#1701622 - 06/25/11 02:42 AM Re: Most EPIC FAIL in the history of the internet. [Re: jscomposer]
dewar Offline

Originally Posted By: jscomposer
Dude, that doesn't even have 88 keys. LMFAO!!!! (sorry)

Ya I noticed that, I think I counted 61?

(ad) Roland

Click Here

#1701658 - 06/25/11 05:27 AM Re: Most EPIC FAIL in the history of the internet. [Re: Hideki Matsui]
Dave Horne Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Vught, The Netherlands
So Hideki, what's your plan?

mp3\wav files

AvantGrand N3, CP5

#1701661 - 06/25/11 06:02 AM Re: Most EPIC FAIL in the history of the internet. [Re: Hideki Matsui]
Kawai James Online   content
8000 Post Club Member

Loc: Hamamatsu, Japan
How about trading-in the Shigeru for a Winkelmann?

James
x

"Richard, none of us could forget you have a CLP-990." - EssBrace, 2014

#1701868 - 06/25/11 02:09 PM Re: Most EPIC FAIL in the history of the internet. [Re: Hideki Matsui]
YoungH Offline

Loc: CA, USA
Speaking from the perspective of a bona fide "pre-beginner" who aspires to learn how to play piano one day, even I would know how a Roland V-piano looks like, and some of its nuances. Lurking in this forum in the past months, I have learned much from all of you, my friends, experienced pianists and keyboarders alike. And among them, Hideki, your postings invariably have been informative and knowledgeable. There is no way you could have made this purchase as an inadvertent mistake, an mistake that even I could not have made.

Thank you for clowning around in an effort to entertain us all on a hot summer day.

Edited by YoungH (06/25/11 02:19 PM)

#1701909 - 06/25/11 03:59 PM Re: Traded my CP1 in for a Roland V and it is the worst DP ever. [Re: Hideki Matsui]
jens4711 Offline

Loc: Danmark
Wow, what a dream setup..

Shigeru Kawai SK5
Korg Kronos 88 (on order)
Access Virus TI2 61
Roland V-Synth GT

it does't get any better than that..

#1701910 - 06/25/11 04:06 PM Re: Most EPIC FAIL in the history of the internet. [Re: YoungH]
Hideki Matsui Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: YoungH
Speaking from the perspective of a bona fide "pre-beginner" who aspires to learn how to play piano one day, even I would know how a Roland V-piano looks like, and some of its nuances. Lurking in this forum in the past months, I have learned much from all of you, my friends, experienced pianists and keyboarders alike. And among them, Hideki, your postings invariably have been informative and knowledgeable. There is no way you could have made this purchase as an inadvertent mistake, an mistake that even I could not have made.

Thank you for clowning around in an effort to entertain us all on a hot summer day.

Ok. Well if you you are going to call me out like that, I must admit I haven't stopped laughing. I figured my thread title would peak some interest, but that my first post would immediately be recognized as an attempt at keyboard humor. I understand where some may not have seen that, but I assumed by the the second post, when I cast blame on my father and the everlasting stigma of the gift of Bee Gees, and Bennevis for misleading me with his V-power, my intentions would be clear. I threw in my flute savant child and the wise teachings of Cesar Millan for good measure. Andy Kaufman was for the old timers like me... 41 is old timer here, unlike the Piano Forum.

I did do a trade involving my CP1 for the V-synth and it wasn't a mistake. As my signature indicates, I'm pretty set in the piano department and I happen to enjoy other keyboard instruments.

Thanks for the laugh guys.

Edited by Hideki Matsui (06/25/11 04:08 PM)
Roland Jupiter 80

#1701927 - 06/25/11 04:54 PM Re: Most EPIC FAIL in the history of the internet. [Re: Hideki Matsui]
Auver Offline

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By: Hideki Matsui
Originally Posted By: YoungH

Ok. Well if you you are going to call me out like that, I must admit I haven't stopped laughing. I figured my thread title would peak some interest, but that my first post would immediately be recognized as an attempt at keyboard humor. I understand where some may not have seen that, but I assumed by the the second post, when I cast blame on my father and the everlasting stigma of the gift of Bee Gees, and Bennevis for misleading me with his V-power, my intentions would be clear. I threw in my flute savant child and the wise teachings of Cesar Millan for good measure. Andy Kaufman was for the old timers like me... 41 is old timer here, unlike the Piano Forum.

I did do a trade involving my CP1 for the V-synth and it wasn't a mistake. As my signature indicates, I'm pretty set in the piano department and I happen to enjoy other keyboard instruments.

Thanks for the laugh guys.

Lol, well done. wink

Yamaha Clavinova CLP-811
Nord Piano 88

#1701933 - 06/25/11 05:08 PM Re: Most EPIC FAIL in the history of the internet. [Re: Hideki Matsui]
JFP Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: The Netherlands
I assumed V was for Virtual and GT stands for Grand Touch. So this instrument should't disappoint at all ! It's obviously offering everything that it says; just close your eyes, enter the virtual experience and enjoy the grand touch. That's all it takes (you can even 'feel' the missing 27 keys in the virtual world this synth offers; great job Roland - I'll trade in my stage as well now that I've seen this !)

J

#1701945 - 06/25/11 05:38 PM Re: Traded my CP1 in for a Roland V and it is the worst DP ever. [Re: Hideki Matsui]
Dr Popper Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Hancock Park LA (not again)
Hai Guyz! LOL !!!!!

#1702407 - 06/26/11 01:36 PM Re: Most EPIC FAIL in the history of the internet. [Re: Hideki Matsui]
bennevis Online   content
4000 Post Club Member

....., when I cast blame on my father and the everlasting stigma of the gift of Bee Gees, and Bennevis for misleading me with his V-power, my intentions would be clear.

Hey! I can only talk about the V-Power, er, V-Piano because that's all I've got. Nothing came before it and probably nothing will come after it.... cry. Of course, if someone was to gift me with a good acoustic grand (like the one opposite your V-thing), I wouldn't say no (and I'd promise not to refer to my V-Piano as V-Power ever again) grin.

#1702967 - 06/27/11 12:39 PM Re: Most EPIC FAIL in the history of the internet. [Re: bennevis]
Hideki Matsui Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: bennevis

Hey! I can only talk about the V-Power, er, V-Piano because that's all I've got. Nothing came before it and probably nothing will come after it.... cry. Of course, if someone was to gift me with a good acoustic grand (like the one opposite your V-thing), I wouldn't say no (and I'd promise not to refer to my V-Piano as V-Power ever again) grin.

I threw in my AKG K271s (with headband showing) on the bench in the second picture for good measure. That was for you.
Roland Jupiter 80

#1703194 - 06/27/11 07:42 PM Re: Most EPIC FAIL in the history of the internet. [Re: Hideki Matsui]
doremi Offline
1000 Post Club Member

#1703205 - 06/27/11 08:02 PM Re: Most EPIC FAIL in the history of the internet. [Re: doremi]
Hideki Matsui Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: doremi
This is the most EPIC FUN in the history of the internet grin although perhaps not for Hideki

Especially for me.
Roland Jupiter 80

#1703415 - 06/28/11 05:37 AM Re: Most EPIC FAIL in the history of the internet. [Re: Hideki Matsui]
bennevis Online   content
4000 Post Club Member

I threw in my AKG K271s (with headband showing) on the bench in the second picture for good measure. That was for you.

Yes, I noticed. In fact, the AKG K271 is now so common amoung the hoi polloi (not you of course grin) that I'm thinking of upgrading to the dinky Klipsch Image X10i, so that I can still stand out from everyone else. What do you think? wink

#1703419 - 06/28/11 05:49 AM Re: Most EPIC FAIL in the history of the internet. [Re: Hideki Matsui]
WingNL Offline

Loc: Dordrecht, Netherlands
Haha laugh awesome. V-synth rocks though! :-) Too bad i don't got more space (and money), otherwise I wouldve added one too smile

#1703426 - 06/28/11 06:15 AM Re: Traded my CP1 in for a Roland V and it is the worst DP ever. [Re: Hideki Matsui]
36251 Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Man, you're in the wrong blog. Try this... http://comicblogelite.com/

#1703856 - 06/28/11 10:07 PM Re: Most EPIC FAIL in the history of the internet. [Re: WingNL]
Hideki Matsui Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: WingNL
Haha laugh awesome. V-synth rocks though! :-) Too bad i don't got more space (and money), otherwise I wouldve added one too smile

It is unbelievably fun to use. I thought it would be difficult, but it is pretty straight forward when it comes to using it as a performing tool. The Articulative Phrasing technology let's you get some unusually expressive synth sounds and the Time Pad and D-beam can be used effectively in moderation. It is also an incredible sound design tool, but I'm more of a tweaker than creator in that area.

I'm about to destroy the simplicty of my piano room by putting the Kronos, Virus and V-synth in there, but it's gonna be a blast.

Edited by Hideki Matsui (06/28/11 10:09 PM)
Roland Jupiter 80

#1703949 - 06/29/11 12:22 AM Re: Traded my CP1 in for a Roland V and it is the worst DP ever. [Re: Hideki Matsui]
jscomposer Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: The Boogie Down
I kinda read the post with the Bee Gees. It just sounded like a bunch of weird nonsense. So ironically, instead of thinking "this is obviously a joke," I thought "yeah, this dude is outta his mind." LOL

#1703999 - 06/29/11 01:48 AM Re: Traded my CP1 in for a Roland V and it is the worst DP ever. [Re: jscomposer]
Hideki Matsui Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: jscomposer
I kinda read the post with the Bee Gees. It just sounded like a bunch of weird nonsense. So ironically, instead of thinking "this is obviously a joke," I thought "yeah, this dude is outta his mind." LOL

I was feeling a little crazy after being trapped in a room with walls made of speakers (a la Clockwork Orange) blaring the music of Joshua Seth played by Joshua Seth.

Edited by Hideki Matsui (06/29/11 02:30 AM)
Roland Jupiter 80

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
81 registered (36251, Asmodeus, ando, Alux, 22 invisible), 1384 Guests and 35 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74264 Members
42 Forums
153621 Topics
2251561 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of -
by cew0
04/21/14 06:38 AM
Tunelab alternative partial settings?
by Beemer
04/21/14 04:52 AM
Noodling board
by Maarkr
04/20/14 10:20 PM
New Movement Composed "To Rule" 4/20/2014
by hsheck
04/20/14 10:17 PM
Understanding Sharps
by imustlearn
04/20/14 08:18 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission