2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
57 members (Aleks_MG, accordeur, brdwyguy, Carey, AlkansBookcase, 20/20 Vision, 36251, benkeys, 8 invisible), 1,931 guests, and 318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Of course a very good feature of the MP10 is that you can insert a UBS memory stick at the front RHS and easily record your music and save onto the USB stick. So it is simple to record your playing at any time even without a computer running.

H
Heleen Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Hi guys (is it me or are there no girls on the DP forum??)

I've ordered my MP10 yesterday night after work. They've ordered it from Kawai and will be delivered some time next week. I'm so excited!!!

Heleen

Kawai MP-10
Yamaha U3
S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by curt88
!

But don't feel bad about your question! What you ask for is exactly where all of us would LOVE to see the technology of digital pianos go in the future!! How cool would it be to just load up your favorite library into any keyboard you want?? But for many reasons, we won't see this kind of functionality for a long long time (if ever!).

Curt

It's OT but if you consider Nord then I'm not sure that's entirely correct.

Last edited by spanishbuddha; 06/29/11 07:44 AM.
S
S
Originally Posted by Ithilien
Hi guys (is it me or are there no girls on the DP forum??)

I've ordered my MP10 yesterday night after work. They've ordered it from Kawai and will be delivered some time next week. I'm so excited!!!

Heleen

There are definitely Women on the forums. Not so much on the DP areas as that tends to attract us lads, but they're definitely about.

Nord Stage 2, VAX77
S
S
Originally Posted by spanishbuddha
Originally Posted by curt88
!

But don't feel bad about your question! What you ask for is exactly where all of us would LOVE to see the technology of digital pianos go in the future!! How cool would it be to just load up your favorite library into any keyboard you want?? But for many reasons, we won't see this kind of functionality for a long long time (if ever!).

Curt

It's OT but if you consider Nord then I'm not sure that's entirely correct.

+1 - That paragraph pretty much sums up the Nord philosophy!

Nord Stage 2, VAX77
Congrats Heleen on the MP10!!! I went through a similar decision just recently, and, lacking a local Kawai distributor, I ended up with the Roland FP-7F. That said, the MP6 received such glowing reviews everywhere that I'm sure you'll absolutely adore the MP10!

I also tested some speakers, and I have settled for the USD $300 M-Audio BX5a monitors, they seem to be working really good! Have power to spare, and the experience is certainly much nicer than using the on-board speakers or any multimedia tiny speakers!

About girls not hanging around here... I believe they are hidden behind the gender-less way of using the English language smile ... so much so, that in a recent post a girl had to add she was one.

Welcome, and hope to read your glowing review of the MP10 very soon,
Best regards,
Rafa.

Roland FP-7F
B
bfb Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Heleen,

congratulations on your Kawai purchase. if you look at the signature blocks of the responders- you will see that many/most of them are collecting keyboards and software almost at the rate that golfers buy new drivers. so welcome to our addiction- the search for the perfect keyboard!

Steinway M; Roland V-Piano; Yamaha P250;
Ivory II Grands, Italian, American D; Galaxy Vintage D; True Keys American; UVI Yamaha C7; Ravenscroft 275; Garritan CFX
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Ithilien, congrats on the purchase of your MP10!

Females do occasionally post on the digital piano forum, however I agree that compared to the acoustic piano forum, it's a rather different demographic - I wonder why this is?

Cheers,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
Gold Subscriber
Gold Subscriber
Female here! I don't know why there aren't so many of us. Maybe some of us are a little intimidated by some of the geek talk (ie dsp comparisons, etc. Hello, what? I have no idea how to interpret Dewster's data but I try to read it hoping some of it will soak in.) Also, I have only one keyboard unlike many of you, AND it's a Casio besides. But I do dabble with synth modules. Does that count?

Sandy

H
Heleen Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Haha, thanks everyone!

I'm not really planning on collecting keyboards/dp's/... sorry... My dream is to one day have a nice grand though, does that count? smile

@ piRround: thanks - I'm glad to see that I'm not the only girl here! smile

Kawai MP-10
Yamaha U3
B
B
Originally Posted by Kawai James
Ithilien, congrats on the purchase of your MP10!

Females do occasionally post on the digital piano forum, however I agree that compared to the acoustic piano forum, it's a rather different demographic - I wonder why this is?

Cheers,
James
x

Collector's mentality is a male thing, viz train-spotting, twitching, stamp collecting even. As is the obsession with facts & figures and 'I've got something you don't'.....

If music be the food of love, play on!
M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
This is in the end something that has to do with electronics / gadgets / software / hardware... That's a boys thing, more than "just" an ordinary acoustic piano or grand... bah wink

<~ don't test forever - play and enjoy! ~>
H
Heleen Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Just an update: got a phone call from the store today that the MP10 has arrived! and I only ordered it Tuesday evening... they said that Kawai was closed already so would order it first thing on Wednesday morning, and it arrived today (Thursday). That's pretty good me thinks.

It's getting delivered tomorrow and I'll be home from work all day so can't wait to play it!

Kawai MP-10
Yamaha U3
R
R
Hello, I'm new one on forum.
I'm going to buy this same Kawai MP10, especially for exercising and playing classical music.
I tried Roland RD700NX but it seems to me, that Kawai has a better hammer action, closer to real piano. Sound is more clearly than Roland. No artefacts in Kawai.
I played also on Nord piano 2 but keyboard action was too light. Nord's sound is matter to discuss.
I'm curious your opinions.
Cheers

Kawai VPC1 | Arturia Minilab Mk2
Pianoteq 6 Pro | Synthogy Ivory II | Arturia Analog Lab Lite | Korg Collection
Roland Quad Capture | Neumann KH120 | Grado SR225i
cornet Olds Ambassador, Hohner harmonicas and melodicas
T
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
T
Hello,
Many would agree with you saying you can't do better than an MP10 for keyboard action, and as a high quality stage piano.

Many others prefer the Roland (SN)sound, and some the Roland PHAIII action. But they are undoubtedly two fine pianos - probably the best of their kind, along with Yamaha CP5, and that group of models.

Roland HP 302 / Samson Graphite 49 / Akai EWI

Reaper / Native Instruments K9 ult / ESQL MOR2 Symph Orchestra & Choirs / Lucato & Parravicini , trumpets & saxes / Garritan CFX lite / Production Voices C7 & Steinway D compact

Focusrite Saffire 24 / W7, i7 4770, 16GB / MXL V67g / Yamaha HS7s / HD598
R
R
I think, that Kawai MP10 is a good keyboard to connect with Ivory II in the future.
This is my plan.

Kawai VPC1 | Arturia Minilab Mk2
Pianoteq 6 Pro | Synthogy Ivory II | Arturia Analog Lab Lite | Korg Collection
Roland Quad Capture | Neumann KH120 | Grado SR225i
cornet Olds Ambassador, Hohner harmonicas and melodicas
M
M
Many forummers are using Kawai DPs and views in this forum tend to gravitate towards Kawai being better.

However, there are many other views in the internet on how yamaha CLPs are better than Kawai.

But end of the day, it is still a matter of personal preference.

W
W
Hello.

I do love acoustics, however, I too was wanting to get as close to a great acoustic as I could find - without the cost and size and weight and maintenance of an acoustic.

Likewise, I had also narrowed it down to either the Kawai MP-10 stage digital piano or the Yamaha CLP 470 spinet console.

I went with the MP-10 based on its features, and reviews as well as it portability over the CLP 470.

I bought a good sturdy stand (Yamaha LG-800). Along with being very sturdy it allows me to set the height of the top of the keys to that of a grand. It also adjusts for standing position.

In order to try to get the great digital samples out of it I then bought a used Harman Kardon AVR347 7.1 audio video receiver and one pair of used (now vintage) Polk Audio A6 bookshelf speakers. I then added a new pair of Sony SS-F7000 floor-standing 4 way passive speakers (great reproduction at a low price). Although I am sure it is not the same as a grand, the sound is quite good or great, IMO. [Thanks to others on this site who suggested that I go the HiFi route instead of some active studio monitors] As it is, I can always add more passive speakers if needed because the Harman Kardon AVR347 allows for either 5 channel stereo or 7 channel stereo.

The tactile feel of the keys is great as well as the dynamic funtion & feel of the keys.

I do love the digital samples.

The only things that I can say that I don't like about the MP-10 is that the pedals are noisy, and I wish the pedal module stucture was even heavier so that they would not move around at all. That, and the fact that one LED light is dim.

Other than the above, I am quite pleased with the Kawai MP-10.

smile

Last edited by WippenJackSpring; 07/03/12 08:25 AM.
E
E
I bought a MP10 awhile ago and like it very much. Mine has one dim led too.
I run it through nearfield monitors and it sounds great.
After playing the MP10 for a while I had the opportunity to compare it to my friends Kawai baby grand. I have not played that one for awhile.
The grands action felt a bit lighter, but what made the biggest impression was the volume of the thing with the lid fully opened... There is no way i could have that volume in my apartment.

G
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
G
Originally Posted by WippenJackSpring
The only things that I can say that I don't like about the MP-10 is that the pedals are noisy

You mean it squeaks as you play? I had this problem and just hit it with a little bicycle lubricant (because it's what I had on hand). It hasn't made noise since. Mine is very quiet now, much quieter than a typical acoustic pedal (though acoustics are so loud you might never notice the sounds).

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,293
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission