Good evening chaps,
The Kawai MP10 v1.03 software update is now publicly available from the Kawai Europe and Kawai America websites:http://www.kawai.de/downloads_en.htmhttp://kawaius.com/Downloads/download_archive-4.html
Below is a list of the fixes, improvements, and new functions covered by this update:V1.03 (June 2011)
– Fixed: When a SETUP is selected, disabled controller’s settings may not have been initialised correctly.
e.g. EXP=On and EXP Pedal=0. Select a different setup with EXP=Off, but still no sound is heard.
– Fixed: Finetune range was incorrectly limited to ±25. This range is now corrected to ±50.
– Fixed: Pressing/releasing Sostenuto pedal may truncate String Resonance sound.
– Improved: SOUND mode’s panel settings return to POWERON state after edited settings are stored to SETUP.
– Improved: Metronome settings are now stored to POWERON/SETUP.
– Added: FootSW can now be used to trigger Recorder Play/Stop.
[SYSTEM] > [Utility] > [A] FSW Mode : "FSW Mode = Playback" option added.
– Added: ‘Chain Play’ (play all files in a folder) mode when selecting MIDI files.
Press and hold the PLAY/STOP button to enter chain play mode.
– Added: Split functionality for internal (PIANO/E.PIANO/SUB) sections.V1.02 (March 2011)
– Fixed: Playing a note very softly no longer produces a sound.
– Fixed: ‘popping’ noise that can sometimes occur when turning EFX on/off.
– Improved: MIDI Ch10 can now be used as a drum channel when it is not used as a KEY part. *1
– Improved: File lister now highlights the currently loaded file.
– Improved: USER Temperament range can be adjusted within the range ±50.
– Improved: Do not apply EFX to MIDI playback if EFX settings are different from selected playing sound.
– Improved: Remember the drum kit used for recording.
– Improved: Show a reminder message about slower access times when using large USB memory devices.
– Added: OMNI ON mode added to Rcv.Mode setting.
[EDIT] > [MIDI] > 3.Receive > [A] Rcv.Mode : "Rcv.Mode = O mniOn" added. *2
*1 Drum kit program numbers : #01 PLUTINUM SET / #26 ANALOG SET / #33 AMBIENCE SET
*2 Omni On mode : Voice Messages are recognized in all voice channels. V1.00 (October 2010)
- First production version.
MP10 owners are encouraged to update their instruments to use this latest software version. Please feel free to post your feedback in this thread.
EDIT: Updated owner's manual PDFs now available:EnglishGerman
Other languages available on request via PM.