Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#1706083 - 07/02/11 08:33 AM Re: Somewhat OT: Do you paint your nails? [Re: Canonie]
ShiroKuro Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: not in Japan anymore
Originally Posted By: Canonie
I've always taken the view that we have bigger fish to fry. omg I really didn't mean to reference halibut.

That's hysterical! grin

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#1706116 - 07/02/11 10:21 AM Re: Somewhat OT: Do you paint your nails? [Re: ShiroKuro]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lost in cyberspace.in the UK.
OMG, yes a mathamatical error was perceived correctly.

The bottles work out at a staggering 28.95 pence each.
That is a whole 25.5 pence more per bottle than my calculator first said it was.

In my defence my calculator was made in Japan, and as such may have issues.

Before you say Shirokuro was also made in Japan, Don't.

Shirokuro, If you are worried about the nail varnish being expensive if you only use it once,
All you have to do, is put the top back on and give it to someone for a Christmas present,that way it works out cheap.

I often do this with chocolates, I open the box carefully, eat a couple of the good ones (the soft strawberry flavoured milk choccy ones) then carefully seal up the box, and give it someone like my mum for christmas.

Canonie, I am glad you dont ban nail polish, it is good to see Australians have no need whatsoever to act like fascist dictators, this revelation has added to my folder entitled "why I have massive respect for Australians without reference to over eating barbecued fish "

Could you let me know if fingerless gloves are also not banned in Australia, and just for reference, the use of false "additional fingers" especially in exam situations.

In my first reply I said black with sparkles too.

I like Australians a lot because they agree with me often, and also have an excellent sense of humour.

I like Australians because If I went there and they liked me, they would say things like "Gooday Rossy you utter Ba**ar*" And call me many other great names based on swearing.
You just cannot do that in the USA, only in Australia and Britain. Its either because in the USA there is no sense of pseudo insulting humour, OR because both Australia and Britain share the same Queen, who is known for her foul mouth. USA folk are jealous of us having a queen, they only have presidents to swear at.

If I went to Ozz , I would get some tinnys to blend in, and then go for walkabouts in the bush with some aboriginal folk to learn about the ozzy culture first hand.

Political correctness gone overboard does not seem to have affected ozz quite as much as everywhere else, This is because everyone in ozz is descended from british criminals, and are not prone to putting up with BS.

I would avoid rolf harriss's wife she freaks me out a little.
I would be heard to say "How ya doing sport" on every possible occasion.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project

#1706121 - 07/02/11 10:34 AM Re: Somewhat OT: Do you paint your nails? [Re: ShiroKuro]
Lain Offline
500 Post Club Member

No.

#1706128 - 07/02/11 10:43 AM Re: Somewhat OT: Do you paint your nails? [Re: Lain]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

why? is it because its too expensive?

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

#1706140 - 07/02/11 11:12 AM Re: Somewhat OT: Do you paint your nails? [Re: ShiroKuro]
jazztpt Offline

Rostosky - Very british humour , as I am British I get it , very funny old bean , made me lol as they say on this new fangled interweb.

Piano Recordings

#1706158 - 07/02/11 11:46 AM Re: Somewhat OT: Do you paint your nails? [Re: ShiroKuro]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Sheffield UK
Originally Posted By: ShiroKuro
Ok, this might end up being an expensive experiment (if I end up removing it right away) but I am going to get some nail polish tomorrow. I'll post before and after pics. smile

That's today right? Waiting in anticipation! smile

#1706159 - 07/02/11 11:49 AM Re: Somewhat OT: Do you paint your nails? [Re: ShiroKuro]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I wonder if this lady(or gentlemen) wanted the extra legnth to increase the overall legnth of the fingers. I can't see any problems here that would affect his/her piano playing. smile

#1706160 - 07/02/11 11:54 AM Re: Somewhat OT: Do you paint your nails? [Re: wayne33yrs]
jazzyprof Online   content
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
Shirokuro, have you considered painting alternate fingers black and white, as on the keyboard? grin

#1706165 - 07/02/11 12:00 PM Re: Somewhat OT: Do you paint your nails? [Re: ShiroKuro]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

That would mean buying TWO nail varnishes, and a nail varnish remover.

Do you think Shirokuro's made of money?

(unless she's got some spare "Tipex" laying around)

Edited by wayne32yrs (07/02/11 12:01 PM)

#1706198 - 07/02/11 01:20 PM Re: Somewhat OT: Do you paint your nails? [Re: ShiroKuro]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Shirokuro might be a millionairess, and just be very tight about the amount of money she spends on "products" it is hard to tell.
I know they cut off her central heating for not paying the bills, and she nearly froze to death last winter.
She is still a little bit blue in extreme corners.
This is why blue nail varnish would not suit her too well.

Its probably best not to mention last winter too much as she had difficulty playing the Piano it was so cold.

I found some cheap nail varnish for her on ebay, but it was not good enough and she wanted to pay more.
I even offered to paint her toe nails, but got knocked back.
I offered her Halibut, and got no thanks.
I even said she could play on my Excellent Piano, and she never even said "thats kind"
If I would have said "and its not a Steinway, but a proper Piano" I bet she would have been round straight away.
I enclose a picture of my nails.

Edited by Rostosky (07/02/11 01:25 PM)

#1706244 - 07/02/11 02:42 PM Re: Somewhat OT: Do you paint your nails? [Re: ShiroKuro]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

You look great as a women Rostosky, clever disguise of the tatoo also, that must be good quality foundation, no scrimping on cheap ebay cosmetics there! errrr, go steady on the lip-liner though mate!

#1706249 - 07/02/11 02:52 PM Re: Somewhat OT: Do you paint your nails? [Re: wayne33yrs]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

The lippy liner is to hide or try and conceal my man hairs on my upper lip, electrolysis costs more than a cheap steinway.

In a packet of ten disposable razors there is one razor that lasts forever and ever, and nine that are total garbage right from the start.
The trick is to remember which is the good one when you have found it, I should mark it with tipex or black gloss piano paint.

Mr.s Rossy must not find the good one or she does her armpits, undercarriage, and back.
It is still sharp after that, just bunged up a tad.

#1706250 - 07/02/11 02:53 PM Re: Somewhat OT: Do you paint your nails? [Re: ShiroKuro]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

まだ写真を待ちます ShiroKuro

#1706251 - 07/02/11 02:54 PM Re: Somewhat OT: Do you paint your nails? [Re: wayne33yrs]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

whats that?

#1706253 - 07/02/11 02:56 PM Re: Somewhat OT: Do you paint your nails? [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Rostosky
The lippy liner is to hide or try and conceal my man hairs on my upper lip, electrolysis costs more than a cheap steinway.

In a packet of ten disposable razors there is one razor that lasts forever and ever, and nine that are total garbage right from the start.
The trick is to remember which is the good one when you have found it, I should mark it with tipex or black gloss piano paint.

Mr.s Rossy must not find the good one or she does her armpits, undercarriage, and back.
It is still sharp after that, just bunged up a tad.

ah ha, a use for you're nails, clearing out a bunged up disposable razor!

#1706254 - 07/02/11 02:57 PM Re: Somewhat OT: Do you paint your nails? [Re: ShiroKuro]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

just telling ShiroKuro we still waiting for her pics!

#1706260 - 07/02/11 03:26 PM Re: Somewhat OT: Do you paint your nails? [Re: ShiroKuro]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

what were the pictures of? nails, pianos, ebay, nail varnish, central heating boiler?
I hope Shirokuro puts up some pics of Halibut, I know I would.
In fact I will,
Here is a picture of Alfred, he was my favourite Halibut, I loved him, I kept him outside in a specially adapted heated pool.
One bad winter, Mrs. Rossy had accidently spent all the housekeeping money on nail varnish, and the electric company switched off our electricity, we had no central heating, after burning all of mrs rossy,s unwanted shoes in the grate ( 32 pairs of platforms from the seventies) we were so cold and hungry, alfred had to sacrifice himself for our survival.

I miss him so much.

#1706265 - 07/02/11 03:46 PM Re: Somewhat OT: Do you paint your nails? [Re: ShiroKuro]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Nice fish! Shame! I hope ShiroKuro will upload a video of her playing her version of Nikko Gray's, Nail Polish song! (with full view of her newly painted nails). It's nothing personail, but pics of the boiler are unlikely to be entertaining!

(This is getting redic' lol, nobody in their right minds gonna comment on here now pmsl)

#1706276 - 07/02/11 04:09 PM Re: Somewhat OT: Do you paint your nails? [Re: ShiroKuro]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Wayne there are some very interesting pictures of boilers, take this one,it has a triangular label on telling folk it has been condemmed and must not be used.
It could be dangerous and give people carbon monoxide, nobody wants carbon monoxide as it is called the "silent killer"

Every body wants their particular killer to make loads of noise, apparently, I think this is conditioning from films like scream etc, where the killer jumps out and shouts at you first.

If you get no happiness from this picture while we are waiting for Shirokuros to materialise, then here is a fluffy one that will appeal to the girlies as well as us mere men.

It is of little "Johnny poke nose"
My daughter loved little johnny poke nose, she called him, warm, cuddly and inspirational.
she used to have him on her pillow at night and make up adventure stories were she and johnny were the main cast.

sometimes, she would paint his nails, in different colours just to see which looked best.

One particularly hard winter, when it was cold, we had eaten all our halibut, and little johnny decided he would sacrifice himself for a casserole.
It was sad and I miss him. He tasted of chicken and nail varnish remover.

#1706288 - 07/02/11 04:30 PM Re: Somewhat OT: Do you paint your nails? [Re: ShiroKuro]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

If u don't mind, I'm quite parshall to the odd 10mg carbon monoxide intake, poor johnny, bet he wishes he'd never poked his nose in!

I suspect Shiro.yoko.Kuro.ono isn't gonna surface frown

Edited by wayne32yrs (07/02/11 04:41 PM)

#1706291 - 07/02/11 04:45 PM Re: Somewhat OT: Do you paint your nails? [Re: ShiroKuro]
Crippy Offline

Loc: Leeds UK
Now I'm more confused than usual. Why would anybody invite somebody to dinner and then get their halibut stuck between the keys of their piano..or was it chips? Or was it a hamster's pokey nose?

This is just scaremongering. I have carried out a risk assessment and the likelihood of getting anything stuck between the keys is negligible..... varnish or no varnish.

Crippy

#1706300 - 07/02/11 04:59 PM Re: Somewhat OT: Do you paint your nails? [Re: ShiroKuro]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

It was YOU getting your nail stuck in the keys, I think after the accident, you're developing alzheimer's

#1706303 - 07/02/11 05:03 PM Re: Somewhat OT: Do you paint your nails? [Re: jazztpt]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Chocolatetown, USA
Originally Posted By: jazztpt
Rostosky - Very british humour , as I am British I get it ...

Unfortunately he hasn't absorbed the first critical lesson of humor expressed by another English writer/humorist a few years (or was it centuries) back: brevity is the soul of wit.

Trap

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.

#1706304 - 07/02/11 05:05 PM Re: Somewhat OT: Do you paint your nails? [Re: ShiroKuro]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

shut the trapper! (in yorkshire tongue) (lol, really only joking john :))

Edited by wayne32yrs (07/02/11 05:09 PM)

#1706308 - 07/02/11 05:24 PM Re: Somewhat OT: Do you paint your nails? [Re: wayne33yrs]
Crippy Offline

Loc: Leeds UK
Originally Posted By: wayne32yrs
It was YOU getting your nail stuck in the keys, I think after the accident, you're developing alzheimer's

I don't remember that but I'm sure I've never had anything fishy caught between the keys. I mean...what would the neighbours say?The smell would put me off my practice and attract seagulls.

Crippy

#1706311 - 07/02/11 05:34 PM Re: Somewhat OT: Do you paint your nails? [Re: ShiroKuro]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Sentence edited, wasn't funny, should'a kept me Trapper shut!

Edited by wayne32yrs (07/02/11 06:27 PM)

#1706323 - 07/02/11 06:13 PM Re: Somewhat OT: Do you paint your nails? [Re: TrapperJohn]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

I can see your camping trips will be fun, all stories round the campfire confined to mono-sylables, or single sentences.

It was unfair to bring up "Breville The Soul of What"

For those who do not know what a Breville is, it is a device for cooking fish. here is a picture of one.

My other daughter had a pet sole that she called "Soul of What" this was because she loved it , and not just any sort of love, but obsessively, every morning she fed it, and every night she told it bedtime stories. She only ever drew pictures in school of one thing, yep you guessed it was "Soul of What" She composed three overtures for Soul of What, one was called "Oh flounder of mine, you are my very bestest friend for ever and ever overture"

I pointed out that this may be an illegally long title for an overture, as expressed by an as yet unamed English writer/humourist that is oft quoted, but she just said "dad you know you cannot just quote willy nilly, unless you can name the source of the quote"

Rubella (thats her name) is so clever for a seven year old, and so persistant, I just had to let the title of her overture to Soul of What stand, as I could not name the english humourist/writer who made the unsubstantiated claims over amounts of words used in creating witicisms.

That said, we now move onto the traumatic incident that caused The Soul of What to chance upon the Breville.

It was a very hard cold winter, even the corvids were huddled together in bunches in the back of my car, to say it was bleak would be an understatemnet.

The electricity had been cut off, we had no central heating, and the only way we could power the generator was to squeeze the oil from the last 16 halibuts we possesed to run it.
The generator supplied electric to the house,which included the Breville in the kitchen.

Rubella had left Soul of What asleep in its casserole dish on the kitchen worktop when she went to school,next to it she had left a home made birthday card that read "Happy 11th Birthday Soul of What, I love you more than I love mummy and daddy, because you dont swear at me as much"

Rubella had put on extra bright red nail polish to celebrate soul of whats birthday.

The breville had been switched on to fry our last two slices of stale bread that we were going to have with some bird seed that we found in the bird feeder.

I can honestly say that I have no Idea just why we decided to weigh Soul of what on the kitchen scales, it's so traumatic a memory now that the incident is shrouded in a sort of mist.

Suffice to say we were just in the process of weighing soul of what on the scales, when either mrs Rossy OR me, dropped the biggest weight of 2kilos on the other side of the scales.

This actually catapulted soul of what directly into the breville, splashing hot fat onto the dogs genitals, and then all Hades broke loose.

In that horrific instant,double jeopardy came into play, what to do, what to do? Do we attend to Soul of what OR the dog?

A cursory glance of the dog indicated that he was attending to his burns in the correct manner, by applying copious amounts of water, saliva dripping from his tongue, but then again he always does that, panic, panic, but what of soul of what? panic, panic...

The sizzeling noise from the Breville combined with the sheer height of the boiling oil,left no doubt at all, it was just too late for Soul of what, even though we have some cream for burns from the chemist, it was concurred that this wasn't going to help in this instance.

We switched the Breville off, and fished out soul of what, and placed The Brevilled Soul of what on a plate.

We both agreed that Brevilled is the soul of what.

which Is I must agree very close to what Polonius said in Hamlet. From Shakespeare's Hamlet, 1602:

LORD POLONIUS
This business is well ended.
My liege, and madam, to expostulate
What majesty should be, what duty is,
Why day is day, night night, and time is time,
Were nothing but to waste night, day and time.
Therefore, since brevity is the soul of wit,
And tediousness the limbs and outward flourishes,
I will be brief: your noble son is mad:
Mad call I it; for, to define true madness,
What is't but to be nothing else but mad?
But let that go.

Of course we had to insert a terrapin into the caserole dish so as to fool Rubella when she returned from School.
We convinced her that This is what happens to sole on their 11th birthday, and she believed it, she has called the terrapin "Souly terrapin of what" and she loves it.
Here is a picture of what Soul of What looked like PRE-Breville.

#1706324 - 07/02/11 06:14 PM Re: Somewhat OT: Do you paint your nails? [Re: casinitaly]
Little_Blue_Engine Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Ohio, US
Originally Posted By: casinitaly

Really, I have historically had really incredible nails. People asked if I had a French manicure, but no, just my own nails.... and now, not even a glimmer of white.
Mine were always like that, too. Somewhat of a waste now.

#1706334 - 07/02/11 06:34 PM Re: Somewhat OT: Do you paint your nails? [Re: ShiroKuro]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Haven't you girlies heard of false nails?
you puts them on, you paints them, you looks trendy with mates.
You takes them off, you plays the piano, solved.
Its not the same as being in a big pit holding a poodle whilst someone says:
"It puts the lotion on"

#1706339 - 07/02/11 06:54 PM Re: Somewhat OT: Do you paint your nails? [Re: ShiroKuro]
Little_Blue_Engine Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Ohio, US
Some of us are too lazy to put them on and off or to even paint our real ones. That's what made having such good nails nice. I have way better things to waste my time on than painting my nails...like typing about how I don't paint my nails. BTW, hypo-allergenic lotion next time, the poodle still has a rash although her nails are quite stunning.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New Kawai CE220
by Dr John 48
09/16/14 09:23 AM
Piano covers
by Jamie
09/16/14 08:51 AM
Yamaha U3
by RGibson
09/16/14 06:58 AM
VPC1 Order Cancelled
by EmptySpace
09/16/14 06:16 AM
Baroque Pitch - The Well-Tempered Clavier
by Badinage
09/16/14 02:25 AM
Who's Online
145 registered (255, ajames, accordeur, albumblatter, Almaviva, ando, 41 invisible), 1173 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76219 Members
42 Forums
157558 Topics
2314264 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission