2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
69 members (1200s, aphexdisklavier, akse0435, AlkansBookcase, Alex Hutor, AndyOnThePiano2, amc252, accordeur, 12 invisible), 1,807 guests, and 292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
H
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
H
I was looking for a stand for my Kronos. I had been using an X stand but wanted more legroom. I found a stand called the Quik-lok Monolith M91 for around $100 and figured it was worth a try.

This stand is great for those looking for more legroom and a backstop for your pedals. The legs fold in to make it flat for transportation and it is relatively light. If you are going to play from a seated position I highly recommend the Monolith. It is very stable and offers proper legroom for a piano player.

I would not recommend the stand for those who plan an using it at a standing position, as the arms have slight movement if they are fully extended and might cause a little sway.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Hideki Matsui; 07/04/11 02:00 PM.

Shigeru Kawai SK5
Vintage Vibe 64
Roland LX-15e
Roland Jupiter 80
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
I bought one for my P250 years ago and still use it.

There is a slight problem with it though, if you use it with a thick piano such a the P250 or CP300, you'll have to have it made shorter to accommodate the thickness of those pianos and the height you've come to expect (when comparing acoustic keyboard height with digital keyboards) ... and then the height adjustment is stepped.

Yamaha AvantGrand N1X | Roland RD 2000 | Sennheiser HD 598 headphones
H
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
H
Originally Posted by Dave Horne
I bought one for my P250 years ago and still use it.

There is a slight problem with it though, if you use it with a thick piano such a the P250 or CP300, you'll have to have it made shorter to accommodate the thickness of those pianos and the height you've come to expect (when comparing acoustic keyboard height with digital keyboards) ... and then the height adjustment is stepped.

I just removed the knobs and pushed it down below it's lowest notch setting for the same reason. It made it go about 3/4 inch lower and made it even more stable. No continuous adjustability. I only recommend it for people who plan on using it from a seated position.

Last edited by Hideki Matsui; 07/04/11 02:15 PM.

Shigeru Kawai SK5
Vintage Vibe 64
Roland LX-15e
Roland Jupiter 80
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Even at its lowest setting it was still too high for the P250 and CP300 if you want to have those keyboards as the same height as an acoustic piano. It's a small matter since those two keyboards are unusually thick.

H
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
H
Even at its lowest setting it was still too high for the P250 and CP300 if you want to have those keyboards as the same height as an acoustic piano. It's a small matter since those two keyboards are unusually thick.

Did you push it down below the lowest setting? It made it lower than my piano height for me, which I needed because I'm using an office chair on the Kronos. But I do know the CP300 is unusually thick.

I just like it because it is pretty cheap, looks good, is sturdy and offers much needed leg room. I have tried so many stands that just don't offer enough leg room or pedal space.

Shigeru Kawai SK5
Vintage Vibe 64
Roland LX-15e
Roland Jupiter 80
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Hideki Matsui

Did you push it down below the lowest setting? It made it lower than my piano height for me, which I needed because I'm using an office chair on the Kronos. But I do know the CP300 is unusually thick.

I just like it because it is pretty cheap, looks good, is sturdy and offers much needed leg room. I have tried so many stands that just don't offer enough leg room or pedal space.

I took it to a metal shop and had them make the vertical arms shorter. This was really only an issue with the P250 and CP300 - they are really thick keyboards.

One nice feature, it folds flat.

S
S
I'm currently using an X Stand (crouches behind sandbags as the insults come flying over my head)........

It's surprisingly solid even with an RD700SX sitting on it's lower part and another Korg SV1 sitting on it's 2nd tier. Yep, you read that right..........

The one grip I do have though, is the lack of leg room and subsequent "tango-toe-tapping' required to retrieve wandering foot pedals mid-performance.

That Monolith looks like just the ticket as far as keeping the pedals reigned in while allowing for a decent amount of leg room. Thanks for asking the question as I'll go and try one out once I've signed up to "club Red"

Nord Stage 2, VAX77
H
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
H
Originally Posted by Siriosys
I'm currently using an X Stand (crouches behind sandbags as the insults come flying over my head)........

It's surprisingly solid even with an RD700SX sitting on it's lower part and another Korg SV1 sitting on it's 2nd tier. Yep, you read that right..........

The one grip I do have though, is the lack of leg room and subsequent "tango-toe-tapping' required to retrieve wandering foot pedals mid-performance.

That Monolith looks like just the ticket as far as keeping the pedals reigned in while allowing for a decent amount of leg room. Thanks for asking the question as I'll go and try one out once I've signed up to "club Red"

The thicker X stands are really sturdy. Never had a problem with mine, but just not enough leg room. I will continue to use my X for the Roland and Access.

They do make the M92 which is a 2 tier version of the M91, but I'm not sure if the 2nd tier will cause problems on the first tier if you have a deeper keyboard like a workstation.

Shigeru Kawai SK5
Vintage Vibe 64
Roland LX-15e
Roland Jupiter 80
S
S
You're right about the thicker X stands working. Mine hasn't missed a beat, although I have it at exactly the same height as the Bosie I spent many years playing.

The second tier on mine doesn't cause problems for my RD700SX, however, I'm wondering if I may need to use a separate stand for a second keyboard once my NS2 arrives. I really want to spend some time mucking about with the Synth knobs on the NS2 and I suspect I'm not going to have the room...........

Thanks for the info re the M92 though, I might check it out to be sure......

Nord Stage 2, VAX77
D
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
D
I've used the Quick Lok WS-550 for years and am very happy with it.
http://www.quiklok.com/catalog/?p=productsMore&iProduct=27&sName=WS-550

I noticed On Stage Stands now make a model that is an exact copy of the 550.
http://www.onstagestands.com/catalog/item/home/model/ws8550/grp/GRP000257

Aidan and Scott use a K&M model and speak highly of it.
Maybe this one
http://www.musicstandsalone.com/k&m18880tablestylekeyboardstand

Someone here ( maybe Marknz and used it for his 700NX ? ) mentioned this Roland stand that looks good
http://www.roland.com/products/en/KS-18Z/

Also Hidecki not far from you is Mike Pyle/Audiopyle who's a K&M dealer fwiw.

H
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
H
Originally Posted by Dave Ferris
I've used the Quick Lok WS-550 for years and am very happy with it.
http://www.quiklok.com/catalog/?p=productsMore&iProduct=27&sName=WS-550

I noticed On Stage Stands now make a model that is an exact copy of the 550.
http://www.onstagestands.com/catalog/item/home/model/ws8550/grp/GRP000257

Aidan and Scott use a K&M model and speak highly of it.
Maybe this one
http://www.musicstandsalone.com/k&m18880tablestylekeyboardstand

Someone here ( maybe Marknz and used it for his 700NX ? ) mentioned this Roland stand that looks good
http://www.roland.com/products/en/KS-18Z/

Also Hidecki not far from you is Mike Pyle/Audiopyle who's a K&M dealer fwiw.

I don't like that accordion design on the K&M but that WS 550 two tier looks like a nice replacement for my X stand.

Shigeru Kawai SK5
Vintage Vibe 64
Roland LX-15e
Roland Jupiter 80

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,248
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission