Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 178 of 240 < 1 2 ... 176 177 178 179 180 ... 239 240 >
Topic Options
#1925002 - 07/10/12 09:30 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lost in cyberspace.in the UK.
Polyphasicpianist... lol well, I hope everyone took "note" of PPP's posting.

Microsoft seems to have re-invented the Bontempi organ that actually went out of fashion in the seventies on the same day as it didnt come into fashion.

This is really hideous considering what is allready on the market for kids and adults in terms of music programs.

If microsoft intended it for "young christians" / no sex before marriage/ apple pie/ the alcohol free brandy drinkers group , the deaf, mentally impaired, or the musically lame...

They nailed it.

Havent they heard of pro tools, Reason, Abelton?

Obviously not..

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#1925012 - 07/10/12 09:59 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Originally Posted By: Rostosky
Polyphasicpianist... lol well, I hope everyone took "note" of PPP's posting.

Microsoft seems to have re-invented the Bontempi organ that actually went out of fashion in the seventies on the same day as it didnt come into fashion.

This is really hideous considering what is allready on the market for kids and adults in terms of music programs.

If microsoft intended it for "young christians" / no sex before marriage/ apple pie/ the alcohol free brandy drinkers group , the deaf, mentally impaired, or the musically lame...

They nailed it.

Havent they heard of pro tools, Reason, Abelton?

Obviously not..

Thanks, for clarifying this Rossy! I was just about to leave for work when I saw your post. Frankly I was quite confused and thought it was some kind of joke, and I was (still?) feeling clueless because I didn't understand the joke.

Now I understand. It's Microsoft who is clueless! laugh

#1925020 - 07/10/12 10:14 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: polyphasicpianist]
Norman Cotterell Offline

Loc: Elkins Park, PA
Originally Posted By: polyphasicpianist

It's deliberately, self-consciously, and insanely awful enough to be great. My favorite part was the daughter's use of a MacBook Pro for an application that only works on Windows. They tried to cover the Apple logo with a flower! But not quite. Very Clever.

#1925054 - 07/10/12 11:53 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Dipsy]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Sheffield UK
Originally Posted By: Dipsy

Wayne - thanks for the antidote - though I think I prefer the 'ailment'................ but I'm happy to stick with the metamorphosis 'bug'! smile

Glad to hear it, how are you and Rossy doing with it? and did you take a look at Metamorphosis 1 - 5?

Here they are.......performed by Branka Parlic

#1925339 - 07/11/12 06:44 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Southeast of Spain
When I listened to the nocturne No 10 by John Field for the first time, I fell in love with it. I thought I could give it a try on the piano, but when I saw the sheet music, I realized that my level is clearly below this piece. It’s a pity, but this music is not as easy as it looks.

In any case, it’s a wonderful nocturne, and at least, I can enjoy listening to it.

I hope you also enjoy it.

My website

#1925436 - 07/11/12 01:30 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013

Loc: New Orleans
I like that a lot, Recaredo.
I have a piece by Field I want to play but there is a run of thirds and my hands don't like to do that (yet!).
It's Nocturne 5.

Hah when I was looking it up I saw there was a Nocturne 5 with Gaga's Bad Romance.. I would post it for Wayne but it's not good, and not in a fun way.

#1925445 - 07/11/12 01:55 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

For something slightly different..

How did he remember it all?

Edited by AimeeO (07/11/12 01:56 PM)

#1925453 - 07/11/12 02:11 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
zrtf90 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Ireland (ex England)
While we're on petit piano...at least before they got 'Zapped'!

#1925711 - 07/12/12 05:12 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Aimee, the nocturne No 5 is a beauty too! I’m sure your hands will like to play it soon.

Richard, loved the Schumann, very expressive performance by Lang Lang.

My website

#1925746 - 07/12/12 09:04 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Dipsy Offline

Thanks Wayne for posting the other metamorphosis pieces in the series - they seem just as haunting and I think our neighbours will be subjected to the sound of attempts to play this music for a considerable time yet as we work through these pieces. Having said that with M no 2, it always seems to slow/grind to a halt in the same tricky spot each time and some disciplined and methodical practice is called for.

Aimee and Recaredo - as you both like the Field Nocturnes a lot, maybe its worth trying to learn them even if they do seem too difficult in places.

#1925962 - 07/12/12 06:29 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

Richard, I liked the Lang Lang, too. It surprised me. Too often when I click on a Lang Lang video on YouTube, he's doing too much visually and I can't pay attention to it! So I was pleasantly surprised to hear such a calm, pretty piece.

Dipsy, oh, I try! I can get through the first part well enough, but that running part (not thirds! sorry I realized my error when I just fooled around with it a few minutes ago!) is a bear. I actually asked my teacher if we could start that a month a go, and she wants to wait on it. She has given me plenty of other work that works my hands, so hopefully I will build to it soon.

I was thinking of buying this music anthology of American composers from Amazon yesterday, so I decided to YouTube some of the pieces. (I have a horrible addiction to acquiring music I can't play.) Lots of good stuff, but I am nowhere near worthy.

#1926004 - 07/12/12 08:11 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
zrtf90 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Ireland (ex England)
I'm glad the Lang Lang was liked. I do understand the remarks about his penchant for telling the whole story and some with his facial expressions and histrionic head movement.

AimeeO, the 12th Street Rag takes me back to childhood listening to my Dad filling the house with this and similar when we first got our piano. Love it! I think I'll start adding a few rags to my repertoire smile

Here's a delightful little piece with a famous ending. I just love the little three note motif that comes in at 3:17. What I wouldn't give to be able to conjure up so much with so little! And the gorgeous melody at 6:10 that evokes the Swiss contryside...Bliss!

#1926200 - 07/13/12 09:15 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Dipsy, I'm also working through all 5, in for a penny, in for a pound wink

AimeeO, I will look the "Nocturne 5 with Gaga's Bad Romance" up when my home internet is back on, it's been down for a few days, my ISP is blaming all this rain we've been having lately (continuous since April). An engineer is comming out tomorow, so fingers crossed. I've had to pinch 5mins at work to post, see you all soon. smile

#1926342 - 07/13/12 03:51 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Hi!

I just wanted to post this beautiful ballad, from the “Concertino” for guitar and orchestra by Salvador Bacarisse.

There are many versions on Youtube of this piece, but I’ve chosen this one because of it shows paintings by Julio Romero de Torres (an interesting painter from Córdoba), and images of the Alhambra (Granada).

My website

#1926469 - 07/13/12 08:28 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
FarmGirl Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 02 2013

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
So where's Rossy's basset hound that I read about in a different thread? I want to see the pic.
Solo - Liszt Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2, Schubert Sonata D960 Andante sostenute (9/7/14), Bach f minor Fugue WTC Bk1, Rachmaninoff Elegie Op 3 #1, Chopin Trois Nouvelles Etudes #1

#1926504 - 07/13/12 11:19 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: FarmGirl]
griffin2417 Offline

Originally Posted By: FarmGirl
So where's Rossy's basset hound that I read about in a different thread? I want to see the pic.

I saw that reference in another thread too. I didn't know what they were referring to. Perhaps Rossy can clue us in.

In the meantime, back to newsletter editing for me! That's what has been keeping me busy.

#1926720 - 07/14/12 01:56 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
BeccaBb Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Thunder Bay, On Canada
Hiya Boys and Girls!

smile I'm not dead honestly! It's been crazy around here. My boyfreind moved in, we moved his daughter into her own place, I started a new job (I was working 14 hour days between both jobs for a bit) and now I'm just getting settled into a routine.

I haven't been playing. My house is just a disaster from the move. My acoustic piano bit the dust and I refuse to put any more money into it! So I just put a Roland rd300nx on layaway! I should have it payed off and home by end of september! WOOT!

Hows life in the Rossy thread? How you all been? I missed you guys!

Becca (still stinky and kicking)

Floundering and Lost
Roland RD300NX

#1926775 - 07/14/12 05:31 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: AimeeO]
Dipsy Offline

Originally Posted By: AimeeO
Dipsy, oh, I try! I can get through the first part well enough, but that running part ... I asked my teacher ...She has given me plenty of other work that works my hands, so hopefully I will build to it soon.

I'm really glad you're working up to this Aimee. When I play music, I often don't work on it to iron out any little problems, since I'm already enjoying playing it. (particularly true of the metamorphosis series)
However, I do recognise that with some focussed practice, I would not only be able to play that piece through with more satisfaction and accuracy, but also improve my technique for the future perhaps.

#1926788 - 07/14/12 06:17 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: BeccaBb]
griffin2417 Offline

Originally Posted By: BeccaBb
Hiya Boys and Girls!

smile I'm not dead honestly! It's been crazy around here. My boyfreind moved in, we moved his daughter into her own place, I started a new job (I was working 14 hour days between both jobs for a bit) and now I'm just getting settled into a routine.

I haven't been playing. My house is just a disaster from the move. My acoustic piano bit the dust and I refuse to put any more money into it! So I just put a Roland rd300nx on layaway! I should have it payed off and home by end of september! WOOT!

Hows life in the Rossy thread? How you all been? I missed you guys!

Becca (still stinky and kicking)

Hi Becca,
How good to hear from you. I had wondered what became of you. You've had a lot of stuff happening. I don't blame you for the decision to go to the DP. You are wiser than me, however. I waited way too many years before I replaced my acoustic piano -- 35 years!!! LOL!

Right now, I'm buried in work putting out a newsletter. I just had to take a break to say hi to you and everyone else! Back to my work.

#1926791 - 07/14/12 06:23 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Dipsy]
polyphasicpianist Offline
1000 Post Club Member

#1926805 - 07/14/12 07:11 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
BeccaBb Offline
500 Post Club Member

*waves at Griff* Sounds like your very busy too! What newsletter is this? Hope your having fun while doing it? Yeah it's time to replace my old beastie.. LOL

PPP: that's hilarious. Auto correct is an evil entity! LMAO

Floundering and Lost
Roland RD300NX

#1926944 - 07/15/12 02:31 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: BeccaBb]
polyphasicpianist Offline
1000 Post Club Member

#1927092 - 07/15/12 01:09 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Greetings everyone! My time is extremely limited today, and this is the first time today I've been able to take a break and do some classical music postings. My first selection is the "Concerto for Oboe in A minor" by Antonio Vivaldi.

Movement 1

Movement 2

Movement 3

Edited by griffin2417 (07/15/12 01:10 PM)

#1927121 - 07/15/12 02:24 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

I really enjoyed listening to this performance by Julian Lloyd Webber who plays "Elegy" by Gabriel Fauré with Peter Pettinger at the piano.

Edited by griffin2417 (07/15/12 10:48 PM)
Edit Reason: Stupid typos!

#1927138 - 07/15/12 03:13 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Dipsy]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Dipsy
I'm really glad you're working up to this Aimee. When I play music, I often don't work on it to iron out any little problems, since I'm already enjoying playing it. (particularly true of the metamorphosis series)

Like this Pmsl smile

#1927181 - 07/15/12 05:03 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: wayne33yrs]
Dipsy Offline

Wayne - so we're not the only ones who are grappling with issues (like timing) in this piece then! At least now that I know Metamorphosis one and five are the same, its now 'three down, two to have a go at'!

Edited by Dipsy (07/15/12 05:04 PM)

#1927205 - 07/15/12 06:15 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I think we need an injection of "The Gaga"

#1927262 - 07/15/12 08:48 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
BeccaBb Offline
500 Post Club Member

This is my son's amazing find! I want his arrangement! smile

Floundering and Lost
Roland RD300NX

#1927637 - 07/16/12 05:01 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lost in cyberspace.in the UK.
Its still raining, and now I am getting very very bored of just rain.

( Its not strictly speaking "Just" rain, its actually unjust rain as its rained now almost every day non stop since april.)

I dont like rain, in fact this is one reason why I never watched the film " rain man", as I presumed it was abought a guy who either got rained on a lot OR someone who could make it rain on others at will say, which would be a very bad thing indeed. I would not like someone who was as vertically chalenged as dustin hoffman to have that sort of potential watersport power over the rest of us.

"And rightly so" I hear you all cry, dwarves having the power to hose us down at random, whatever next?

Well as it happens, what is actually next is much more rain, did I mention I hate Wales UK, because of the sheeer quantity of different types of rain that it has every day for months and months and forever and ever, continuously and without a break?

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project

#1927662 - 07/16/12 05:45 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
BeccaBb Offline
500 Post Club Member

I feel your pain Rossy! We flooded because we got a record dump for the entire month in one day. Now.. boiling boiling hot for two weeks. Everytime it rains, it just makes it hotter (which is about twice a day.) Global warming bites frog toes. frown GRRRRR

Floundering and Lost
Roland RD300NX

Page 178 of 240 < 1 2 ... 176 177 178 179 180 ... 239 240 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Questions for those that use dremel for hammer shaping.
by UnrightTooner
09/17/14 07:29 AM
Pianoteq vs Digital Piano vs Acoustic Piano
by wildpig
09/16/14 11:57 PM
Baldwin Hamilton 1941
by JMN12
09/16/14 11:13 PM
Tucson, AZ: Is Arizona Room a bad place for a piano?
by Paul678
09/16/14 08:14 PM
Kissin plays...
by JoelW
09/16/14 07:33 PM
Who's Online
78 registered (Alex75001, BarryR, barbaram, 36251, 25 invisible), 984 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76224 Members
42 Forums
157573 Topics
2314570 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission