Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 59 of 238 < 1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 237 238 >
Topic Options
#1769647 - 10/13/11 01:59 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013

Loc: New Orleans
Cooties are a childish term for germs. In elementary school, I thought I could catch them from boys. And they thought they could catch them from me. We would chase each other back and forth during recess. Hmm. I just remembered chasing a boy in kindergarten (we girls were singing "looking for Love in all the wrong places!" at 5!), and vomiting on his head. Then I was forced to apologize to him. It was traumatic for me, as I thought you were supposed to cry after throwing up, and wasn't really up for an apology. He had super blonde hair (until I got done with him). Anyway, I digress. Sometimes, I call my illnesses cooties, like a 5 year old.

I bet PPP is searching for a video!

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#1769734 - 10/13/11 04:17 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lost in cyberspace.in the UK.
These are the tales we need AimeeO , true life stories of harrowing meaty goodness.
My guess is that either it was actually more traumatic for the boy that you honked on,
Or that young boy grew up to be christopher walken., in which case, PPP will have a video of him with honkers on his head, probably singing and tap dancing.

Mrs R says "how many cooties could you get from being honked on?" and goes on to say,"you could probably die of that many cooties!"

As we are now opening up and showing our true selfs in this wonderfull share, I thought i would share what my half brother did..

He used to sleep walk, every night.
He would get out of his bed, go out of the bedroom,

(heres the important bit, so concentrate and picture the scene)

Turn RIGHT, and walk down the corridoor to the room at the end, the bathroom, urinate, and go back to bed.
He was never aware that he did this, and both myself and my half sister were told,"Do not try and wake him up, should you bump into him on his nocturnal excursions"

In those days folks believed that waking a sleep walker up was dangerous, I dont know why.

anyways this didnt ever seem to pose any problems for anyone.

One summer we went for a weeks holiday to my grans house.

My brother and I were in seperate beds in one room, my sister in another room as normal.

The only thing that had not been thought of was that in my grans house the toilet was reached by coming out of the room my brother and I were in and turning LEFT.

In the night , a load of screaming was coming from the room my sister was in, everyone got up to see what was the problem.

The problem was my sister was soaking wet, and had been woken up by being urinated on, something quite unexpected and traumatising for her.

However, it did have one upshot, I had some fantastic ammo to hurl at my half brother whenever he irritated me... which he often did..

In fact even today, if he ever mocks me, I say " at least I didn't urinate on my own sister"

This usually illicits the response "you will never forget that will you?"

"well doh" no.lol

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project

#1769899 - 10/13/11 12:24 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
PaperClip Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Amsterdam, Holland
Thx for the welcomes!

Ewww, Rostosky, thats a story I will remember for years now.

The klezmer song I like very much. I like different kinds of music. Only when the singing is in different language which I dont understand, then I dont like it.

Today I was 1 hour and 15 minutes late for a job interview. Everything that could have happened, happened on the way to the interview. And I live like 10 minutes away from the appointment. I left the house on time though, lol. But I met a very beautiful lady that sings for an hobby. So it wasn't that bad after all.

Playing since May 02 2009

#1769952 - 10/13/11 01:54 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Sheffield UK
Evening all, welcome Paperclip, cheers Rossy for lesson no 2!

I saw this on FB just now, thought I'd post it here......

#1770265 - 10/14/11 03:00 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

I wonder what Rossy will post today, you may well be thinking to yourselfs!!!

Whatever you were thinking that it may be, I bet you were wrong.... Rossys post for today... a most enjoyable ride in the English countryside like you have never experienced before is my guess!!!

with four beautifull friesians out Up front....

This is delightfull, absolutely lovely, if I say so myself, a real treat....

ENJOY your ride.....

Edited by Rostosky (10/14/11 03:01 AM)

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

#1770275 - 10/14/11 03:34 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

That story is awesome, Rossy. There's no fun in having family members without outrageous stories you can torment them with.

Wayne, I really liked that!

Here's some Fiona, 'cuz I feel like it.

#1770277 - 10/14/11 03:36 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

I haven't heard this in forever.

#1770279 - 10/14/11 03:39 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

And here's the Untouchables with Wild Child..

#1770280 - 10/14/11 03:47 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

I will leave you with Blur and Beetlebum. goodnight!

#1770305 - 10/14/11 05:55 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loved the fiona apple AimeeO , you really post some good things and have a multi faceted taste in music...excellent....
I will post some music later, Hopefully something to surprise!!

#1770676 - 10/14/11 05:57 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Deliriously silent here of late, hope everyone's up to mischief! Same old for me, stuff occuring!

Rossy, can you believe there's been an amature film crew on the shops where I work over the past 2 days, I did ask 'em about what camaras they use, but they had rented them from a local school, and didn't have a clue about the spec of the camera, but I did try for you!

Like this one......

#1770678 - 10/14/11 06:03 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I been messing around with this on the piano over the past 2 days.... it's really easy!

G minor, Bb major, C Major (well that's how I been playing it lol, just by ear)

#1770711 - 10/14/11 07:30 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Southeast of Spain
Good evening Wayne!. You have a fine ear. I wish I could play a complete song by ear.

I don’t know much about contemporary music, but I feel attracted by some compositions, as the sonatas for prepared piano by Cage.

I have to say that if I had an acoustic piano, I wouldn’t try to play them grin.

My website

#1770773 - 10/14/11 09:33 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

John cage was certainly an interesting guy Recaredo, and he did some well avante garde things as well.
Wayne, thanks for asking, that was kind, I had an email off a friend who has had quite a few camcorders and they reckoned the panasonic model was the best they had had to date, so I think I will take their advice. There are just so many, I got confused thinking about it!

Ah well, heres something peacefull for the night!

#1770774 - 10/14/11 09:35 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Oh forgot to mention, Wayne doesn't just have one fine ear Recaredo, he has two, they can be found one on each side of his head.

#1771138 - 10/15/11 03:48 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Hello Everyone. Sorry I've been scarce. I'm still working on my writing projects and have gotten a lot done. More to do, however.

I'll just do a few posts, with very little commentary. Here is Alberta Hunter with "My Castle's Rockin." Also, you'll will get a little background info about her during this performance. Enjoy!

#1771140 - 10/15/11 03:51 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Rossy, you were right! I should be working, but couldn't resist checking in and a doing a few quick posts! Here is some down home blues from Robert Johnson, "Crossroad."

#1771141 - 10/15/11 03:54 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

That's all I have time for now folks! Back to my writing. I may have a little more to share this evening. I definitely am all set for Sunday with some classical postings!

Enjoy the rest of your Saturday!

#1771161 - 10/15/11 04:49 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Eglantine Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 01 2013

Loc: Another Country
For a restful evening after a sunny day.... Jessye Norman sings Eric Satie

#1771174 - 10/15/11 05:22 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Eglantine]
griffin2417 Offline

Absolutely GORGEOUS! I decided to take a break, and what a treat -- Jessye Norman! I saw a wonderful film on DVD that I recommend for all Jessye Norman fans, "JESSYE NORMAN: A Portrait." Thanks Eglantine! I would love to hear more.

Back to work for me!

#1771201 - 10/15/11 06:20 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Eglantine Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 01 2013

Loc: Another Country
Jonny Greenwood playing Reich's Electric Counterpoint at Sacrum Profanum in Poland last month.

Better pix on another video, but less of the piece:

You could maybe phase the two, Reich style?!

Report back on phasing, Reich stylee: I started the second 6 seconds after the first. It works quite well! We have a new work: Electric Counterpoint Phase.

Edited by Eglantine (10/16/11 05:10 AM)

#1771303 - 10/15/11 10:39 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Eglantine]
polyphasicpianist Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Well Halloween is just around the corner so here is some creepy music to get us in the mood.

I know what you are thinking, and yes, that is Danny Elfman, ultra famous film composer. The same guy who composed this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ9-kTrCAuE

Edited by polyphasicpianist (10/15/11 10:49 PM)
Edit Reason: I am going to tell you guys a top secret: Danny Elfman is my absolute favourite composer, above Schoenberg, Hindmith, and even (dare I say) Beethoven. Top Secret.

#1771314 - 10/15/11 10:59 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: AimeeO]
polyphasicpianist Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: AimeeO
Cooties are a childish term for germs. In elementary school, I thought I could catch them from boys. And they thought they could catch them from me. We would chase each other back and forth during recess. Hmm. I just remembered chasing a boy in kindergarten (we girls were singing "looking for Love in all the wrong places!" at 5!), and vomiting on his head. Then I was forced to apologize to him. It was traumatic for me, as I thought you were supposed to cry after throwing up, and wasn't really up for an apology. He had super blonde hair (until I got done with him). Anyway, I digress. Sometimes, I call my illnesses cooties, like a 5 year old.

I bet PPP is searching for a video!

How's this: grin

#1771333 - 10/15/11 11:44 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: polyphasicpianist]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Ah Danny elfman, allways writing stuff for Tim burton, who in turn writes films for Hellana Bonham carter to star in.
I dont like this three way action happening with my proposed future patron.
Anyways, PPP, I agree that is one very very very creepy song indeed, it has a hint of Jerry lee Lewis about it...

As Ian Hunter said, I liked the message (Jerry lees "Rock N roll")
BUt, am very unsure of the messenger..

And in the creepy halloween video, I am unsure of the message and the messenger indeed....nuff said.

ANyways its Sunday here (4.40 am: wow A440) so concert pitch time!!!

I kick Sunday Morning off with Griegs Morning.... happy sunday dudes and dudettes!!

#1771405 - 10/16/11 03:09 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

ooh great posts!

Griffin, I love the Alberta Hunter video! Such a big voice! I also couldn't help but notice how pretty her hands were.

PPP, I like Ice Dance. My teacher gave me that piece a year ago, but unfortunately I had such tension problems with it we put it away for a while (I don't think I was quite ready for it). Hmm, I might pull it out this week and see if I can see if I'm any better with it. Actually, when I said you were probably searching for a video, I was referring to Rossy's comment on you finding a Christopher Walken video about camcorders. I tried to beat you to the punch, but I didn't find one. I DID find one of him being filmed on a camcorder, making chicken and pears. But, since we're on the topic of vomiting songs (I did enjoy your find), here's my favorite puking song. Not exactly Sunday morning fare (unless you drank a lot Saturday night).

#1771407 - 10/16/11 03:17 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Good morning to you AimeeO , it looks like we will all have to come down to new orleans and drink and stuff, and have a good old projectile at yours. Maybe it could be a yearly event, The pw new orleans projectile AimeeO challenge?

#1771408 - 10/16/11 03:18 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

I should redeem myself after the last offering.

I think this is a gorgeous piece.

#1771410 - 10/16/11 03:31 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

Good morning, Rossy! That is an excellent idea. We could make quite an event out of that. Although I don't think we should vomit at my house; that's what the streets of the French Quarter are for. We could have several categories of projectile challenges. This could shape up to something big.

#1771411 - 10/16/11 03:32 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

I'm enjoying my Nathaniel Dett youtube hunt. I like this one; it's very lively.

#1771412 - 10/16/11 03:37 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

And here's some Guastavino:

Page 59 of 238 < 1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 237 238 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
75 registered (36251, bennevis, anotherscott, Al LaPorte, AndrewJCW, barbaram, 19 invisible), 1490 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75588 Members
42 Forums
156299 Topics
2295474 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Happy Birthday earlofmar !!!!
by CarlosCC
Today at 04:49 AM
Tight Key ??
by moy71
Today at 01:15 AM
Learning progress
by sunnyday
Today at 01:10 AM
How old is a Ahlborn-Galanti Digital Pipe Organ Chronicler
by Chopinlover49
Yesterday at 10:55 PM
1906 Steinway K52 purchase for recording studio?
by nlive
Yesterday at 10:44 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission