2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
64 members (Animisha, aphexdisklavier, benkeys, 1200s, akse0435, AlkansBookcase, Alex Hutor, AndyOnThePiano2, amc252, 11 invisible), 1,855 guests, and 264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
No just saying.
I will go and hunt some pics off my camera.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Sly Cat
Originally Posted by Rostosky
Recardo, how totally sexist of you I am surprised.
I started painting my nails many moons ago to hide the dirt underneath them.
I was lucky , I worked respraying cars, in the days of good old cellulose paint, so had access to many good colours, Ideal for nails.
I progressed to ladies clothes just for special occasions, and then for piano playing as I feel that victorian replica corsets are excellent for posture.
I must warn you though they dont come cheap and have to be hand made.
Shoes are difficult, Heels are best, but one simply has to learn how to swivel them correctly on the pointed heel for best use of the Piano pedels.
I prefer a shorter skirt, I can get away with it as my legs have good form, and they allow more ease of movement on the Piano stool.
Theres just so much more choice in ladies attire athan mens don't you think? And of course better colours.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I SO want to see a picture of this.

And NOT some "nabbed off the web" one either - Mr R in the above outfit. No substitutes accepted.

Oh yes... cool

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
OK OK OK.
This was taken before I had my tattoo, and yes, its a wig before you ask. [Linked Image]

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Very good! although, if the piano lid was open, would av bin so much better!

For the record, if you would 'av posted a genuine photo, I really would av bin pmsl, lol smile

(hides non-childhood picture trades)

Pfffft.

Cop out.

We were promised corsets and everything! And where's the gloves? Hmmmm?

Btw, just to stay on topic, I find that more subtle colours look better on shorter nails. But then, I don't wear corsets when playing the piano either. It interferes terribly with one's natural rhythm.

And no, you may not ask how I know that...

Currently playing an Axus D2.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
OK OK OK.
This was taken before I had my tattoo, and yes, its a wig before you ask. [Linked Image]

Quite seriously, I expected Rostosky to look something more like this photograph: . . . wink

[Linked Image]

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
OMG , I am so sorry, I got the link wrong,
That was actually a photo of a friend of mine after they took delivery of their new red piano. Sorry folks.

Here is a photo of me when I had been very bad and had to be a cocktail waitress for the day for mrs. Rossy. ( seated in photo)
This should fullfill all of Slycats requirements.

It is not easy wearing or walking in ballet boots either, so I hope you are very gratefull. [Linked Image]

Last edited by Rostosky; 07/04/11 07:02 AM.

8000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
8000 Post Club Member
I'm sad to see that a thread I started has degenerated into this. Ah well, that's what I get for an OT thread.

Some of youu might be interested to hear that I removed my nail polish yesterday morning (so it wasn't even on 24 hours!) the pinkwasnt done very well and OT really my style, although it was barely noticeable when playing. The purple, which I loved, was extremely distracting when playing, especially music that I know well, since I don't need to follow the score. So although I loved the way the purple looked, especially on the keyboard, it just was too distracting.

Conclusion: the fingers of a pianist are tools, not accessories.

Still, I think my $20 was well-spent. Now if I have an occasion to dress up or something, I will probably do my nails, and I have the polishes and remover to do so. For those of you who joined me on this journey, thank you. For those of you just here to watch Rostosky, carry on.

Started piano June 1999.
Proud owner of a Yamaha C2

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Sorry to see the original OT thread become so OT. I've just discovered this topic and read most of it.

I'm in the "Life is too short to NOT paint my nails" group. I have an extensive collection of polish, and find it relaxing in the evening to change the color, once every week or two. Right now they are bright metalic green. My nails are very short, but that helps keep them from chipping. I don't find them distracting when I play, and I enjoy watching others play with bright polish. And I'm definately an adult. grin

Time to Practice!
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Shirokuro, It's still totally on off topic.
For instance, as I am posting this I am filing my nails, in much the same way as a secretary does in the office whilst waiting for the telephone to ring.

I have really enjoyed coming on this journey with you too, it was good of you to say. Thank you, I hope we can go on many more journeys together.
In the UK we have a very long history of journeying, I read many books about it when I was little and was enthralled by great journeying heroic figures like say Sir Ernest Shackleton, who went on a similar journey to you. I was allways in Awe of Sir Ernest, A real leader of men, and vowed that one day I too would go on such a journey.

Sir Ernest realised the value of extreme "Off topic" humour, especially on prolonged polar expeditions, when things did not always go to plan.
This is where moral boosting Humour came into play, much like on your journey, where you may have just given up after one application of colour, had not folks encouraged you on, and pushed you to new limits of colour exploration.

I think it is important to not underestimate the value of sponsership in these journeys, Sir Ernest of course spent a lot of his sponsership money on teams of dogs, ponies, food, supplies and of course a sailing ship which didn't come cheap. Shackleton named his ship "Endurance" from his family motto which of course was "Fortitudine Vincimus—" (by endurance we conquer)

I feel this is quite fitting in relation to nail painting journeys, what with having to endure painting it on and then taking it off again to put more on.

Have you considered finding a sponser to help with costs?

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Shirokuro, It's still totally on off topic.

No it isn't - it's way far off "off topic" - in fact it's so far off that it's gone off the deep end...if you absolutely insist in engaging in a steady stream of inane, asinine and nonsensical banter please have the decency and respect and courtesy to start your own thread instead of hijacking a thread of someone else - better yet, in the future how about spending the majority of your humor-starved posting time and effort over at some chat room requiring only an age and/or IQ in single digits...

Thanks for your congenial cooperation,

Trap

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Well someones lost their nail varnish altogether haven't they?

No matter:The OP stated "somewhat" off topic.

I checked the dictionary, just in case anyone was a stickler for accuracy, and this is what it said:

Pronunciation:/ˈsʌmwɒt/
adverb

to a moderate extent or by a moderate amount; rather:matters have improved somewhat since then[as submodifier] :a somewhat thicker book

Phrases

more than somewhat
informal very or very much:it must have changed more than somewhat since then
somewhat of
something of:it was somewhat of a disappointment

As you can see , I have followed the first rule, "To a moderate extent"
I could have taken the off topic off to the maximum extent, but stayed within the rules of "moderate".

I mentioned "nails" which you just didn't.

IN answers to your questions Trapperjohn:
(1) Halibut.
(2) Maybe, maybe not.
(3) Once when I was small but I didn't get caught or tell anyone.

(4) Highly unlikely.
(5) No I don't appreciate seeing your nude pictures in my pm's or emails.

(6) Anger management worked for me.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member

IN answers to your questions Trapperjohn:
(1) Halibut.
(2) Maybe, maybe not.
(3) Once when I was small but I didn't get caught or tell anyone.

(4) Highly unlikely.
(5) No I don't appreciate seeing your nude pictures in my pm's or emails.

(6) Anger management worked for me.

Nice try at creative character assassination but posting fake answers to imaginary questions that I never posed to you just isn't going to cut it - if I had asked you questions the one's that would best match your made up answers are:

(1) Do you have the intelligence of a flounder or halibut?

(2) Are you always such a devious person?

(3) Did you ever steal money from the cup of an old blind beggar on the street?

(4) Will you ever make a post to PW that actually contains some real humor?

(5) Why are you sending me nude photos of yourself? Would you appreciate it if I emailed or PMed nude photos of me to you?

(6) Which worked for you - anger management or sanity management?

laugh

Trap

Maybe the mod will thankfully close down this thread now...

Last edited by TrapperJohn; 07/05/11 05:53 AM.

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Having considered you questions very carefully for a few nano seconds that could have been put to better use lighting another cigerette, I can now furnish you with definative answers in a clear and concise manner.

Question (1): I do not have the intelligence of a flounder, it has eyes on the top of it's head and can see all around it, well from below anyway. Much like Elvis used to be able too.

Question (2) I am usually a devious person when dealing with the law, or authoritarian types who take it upon themselves to tell others what they may or may not say or do.
As an example of this deviousness; I once hid a mars bar in my underpants , just so that when the police searched me they couldn't find it, to confiscate it, because it was "off topic"

Question(3) It was me who accidently blinded the begger in the first place, I only meant to poke him in the eye gently, but underestimated my own strengh, and he had owed me the money for ages, and was sat in my busking spot drinking special brew aggressively.

Question (4) Your username came from M.A.S.H. and you are asking me that? ( I am sorry you got replaced early on in the series) I will endeavour to make some humour based upon surgery done in the field under battle conditions for you, as we are now bestest friends.

Question (5)Yes, Both me and mrs Rossy would appreciate this,
we allways welcome material that will provide fits of hysterics.

Question(6) In all honesty, both were money well wasted.
I did get a lot out of "nail classes for adult fringe monkeys" though, do you have these classes in the USA?

They are quite new in the UK and can be expensive (approx £17.45 per session) I met loads of folk, many with different opinions than my own, which was both a magical and beautifull experience at the same time.

Could you let me know by the 22nd if you will be coming to my sisters party? I dont want to appear pushy, but mrs Rossy needs to know for something she calls "the numbers" I think its something to do with "place settings" or some other such thing that the girls like to organise.

Also we ask that you mark the choice of Halibut or Gonads clearly so as not to institute any misunderstandings over menu requirements.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Your're right, shouldn't have stooped to that level!

Last edited by wayne32yrs; 07/05/11 01:53 PM.

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member

7000 Post Club Member
Guys....... let's not get carried away.

Maybe it is time to just let this one go? It is starting to be OTT (over the top) rather than simply somewhat OT as our OP intended.

Let's leave the snarkies and insults to that other forum which shall remain nameless and do our best to keep the ABF the happy friendly place it generally is.

Pretty please.

[Linked Image]
18 ABF Recitals, Order of the Red Dot
European Piano Parties - Brussels, Lisbon, Lucern, Milan, Malaga, St. Goar
Themed recitals: Grieg and Great American Songbook

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Ok Cas, as you so politely asked, I will let this go, even though I am being internet stalked because I am Mexican.

7000 Post Club Member

7000 Post Club Member
Thanks Ros.

[Linked Image]
18 ABF Recitals, Order of the Red Dot
European Piano Parties - Brussels, Lisbon, Lucern, Milan, Malaga, St. Goar
Themed recitals: Grieg and Great American Songbook

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

HOORAY!!

Carl

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
I can't paint my nails because I bite them... frown

[Linked Image]

Music is my best friend.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,248
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission