Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 104 of 238 < 1 2 ... 102 103 104 105 106 ... 237 238 >
Topic Options
#1820229 - 01/07/12 10:53 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Eglantine Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 01 2013

Loc: Another Country
By the way, on helpful tips, at 09:00 Kate talks about leaving a packet of garden bonemeal on the piano to keep the creative juices flowing! She's such a luv.

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#1820257 - 01/07/12 12:00 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Sheffield UK
Afternoon guys, smile

PPP lol, good luck BeccaBb.

Wondered if you guys had seen this; lol wink

#1820268 - 01/07/12 12:30 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
BeccaBb Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Thunder Bay, On Canada
Okay so I got it.. it's a beater but it's a lovable beater.. I'm making moving arrangements now.. so in celebration of my new beater piano..

Floundering and Lost
Roland RD300NX

#1820274 - 01/07/12 12:38 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Eglantine Offline

Wha-hay Becca! How exciting! thumb

#1820571 - 01/07/12 10:09 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lost in cyberspace.in the UK.
Brilliant Eglantine!! I really enjoyed the Kate Bush interview, its good thats she is as nuts as ever.
and interesting that Stephan fry features on her latest albumn.

Well done BeccBb!! It must be marvellous for you to have a new piano, very exciting.

Wayne, That post does show why some guys should not be agony aunts, he got it totally wrong.

When a car breaks down, there is a distinct checklist that is used to diagnose the fault.
The first thing is to see if there is indeed fuel in the tank.
The second thing is not as he said, to look for a fuel blockage.. the next thing is to check you have a spark, so removing a plug and giving the engine a crank over tells you that.
However, you may have a spark, but that does not mean it is happening at the correct time, so next, you check the timing.
Then you move onto fuel.
This guy for some reason presumed you have fuel injection, WHY? It could just as easilly be a block in the carb, or one of the carbs should it have twin carbs.
Poor advice indeed from someone who is obviously not a mechanic. lol.

Also,, he presumed it was petrol, it could just as easilly be diesal, in which case an entirely different approach is taken.
bad advice!!!

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project

#1820624 - 01/08/12 12:58 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
polyphasicpianist Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I feel like this guy

#1820702 - 01/08/12 06:44 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

PPP, you should know by now that it is futile to base a logical argument on science, and then hope to have a successfull outcome with folk that do not see science as the be all and end all..!

Folk are coming from so many different angles and from so many different cultures/backgrounds/religeons, that there will allways be a disparity of beliefs and opinions.

I know you love science and thats fine with me, I love everyones beliefs if they are genuine, and I know you are genuine about yours.

The argument about inate ability will rage on forever, there is no solution, neither is there an outcome that will please everyone.. logic does not apply when you are dealing with folks beliefs.

I have many issues with science, but have no issues with folk that believe and trust in science.

You have to agree to disagree, and let it go!!! lol.

Heres a challenge, you know quality?
You can see quality in a piano, in the clothes you wear or buy, in furniture, in one car over another,
You can recognise quality in a sound system, a basket of fresh produce, a motorcycle.

But, science says it does not exist, as it cannot be measured, there is no "quality meter" one can get out and check one grandfather clock against another..before buying at auction.

Invent a quality meter that does that and then you will be in an excellent position to measure the quality of youngsters learning the piano, to see if there is any innate quality in them.

A good project for the summer months? lol.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

#1820712 - 01/08/12 07:20 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012

Loc: Minneapolis, MN

Good morning everyone! It looks like I have missed some good posts in my few days absence. I have some catching up to do. That includes catching up on my postings of Classical Sunday music. I'm just about ready to do those postings. However, I have just a few things to check out first. I will be right back.

#1820718 - 01/08/12 07:46 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

excellemt Griffin and a good morning to you!!!
I have been up all night again, and have just had sunday dinner at a proper time...12.30. lol !!!

#1820736 - 01/08/12 08:29 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Hi Rossy! I thought you might be having one of those overnight marathons! I haven't even started my morning coffee! I do remember all night writing marathons when I was much younger and had all of those impossible deadlines to meet. Glad those days are long gone! laugh

Time to do my first posting. Here is "Dance of the Blessed Spirits" by Christoph Willibald Gluck, from the opera, "Orpheus and Eurydice." Enjoy!

#1820742 - 01/08/12 08:43 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Eglantine Offline

Morning all!
Oh heck, it's afternoon ;-)

Griffin, looking forward to your Sunday posts.

Becca, when's the piano arriving? Is this the first time ever acoustic piano for you?

Rossy, I picked up a neck of lamb from the butcher's yesterday. Great value cut, but I'm not sure what to do with it. Any ideas? Something casserole-y?

Wayne and polyphasicpianist: I notice you have no badges! Maybe Mrs. R can cook something up for you? What you say, Rossy? I reckon it's maybe about time for an RST badge for all of us. ha

Today I'm mainly washing down the 3 massive old under/beside/over-stairs cupboards - not cleaned since the house conversion in the 1930s? filthy! especially at the top of the dead-end staircase that goes into the ceiling - and stopping up all the holes above and below with oodles of wire wool - stop the mice! - and then filler before painting. So lots of music on the turntable, in a sort of singalong-while-you-work kinda way...

#1820745 - 01/08/12 08:44 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: griffin2417]
griffin2417 Offline

My next posting will be pianist Alfred Brendel performing Impromptus, Op.90, D.899 - No.3 in G flat: Andante, by Franz Schubert.

#1820752 - 01/08/12 08:59 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Eglantine, thats probably best with a neck, casserole or slow cooker with loads of mint.. and onions.
I am a fan of slow cookers and slow cooking in general, I love meat to melt in the mouth!!
I think I was a lazy chewer as a kid!!!
My gran used to make me ( or try and make me) chew every mouthfull 100 times, it was a pet "rule" of hers.
this made my jaw ache, and also made me very frustrated, i reckon thats why I like easy to chew food now!

Good posts griffin!! Sunday is so good. It is sunday isnt it?

Mrs R is doing RST badges for us. ready in about 10 mins.

Edited by Rostosky (01/08/12 09:01 AM)

#1820767 - 01/08/12 09:18 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Eglantine Offline

Wow, that's excellent turnaround on the badges, Rossy! Give Mrs R my regards.

I've just realised I have no parsnips - excellent with lamb - but I think I have some left-over celeriac in the fridge, which will 'do'. And plenty of onions and spuds. Casserole it is.

#1820771 - 01/08/12 09:27 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Okay here they are..... use this link and get your RST badge
They look like this....

Here is the image link.. or click on it and save the pic somewhere you want to....its easyer though if you copy and paste to your avatar in your profile..

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/1403/rst.jpg

Edited by Rostosky (01/08/12 09:33 AM)

#1820775 - 01/08/12 09:32 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Hi Eglantine! We posted at the same time. It must be lunch time in the U.K. I still haven't started the coffee. All of your housecleaning talk makes me want to go back to sleep. laugh

Actually, I plan to put some time on the piano today. My vacation is just about over, and I'm hoping to see some real progress with the piece I've been working on during my extended holiday. It's my hope to have Claire de Lune at performance level in 2012. GULP!! That's the first time I've dared to put it in writing! I guess you could say I just made a music goal for myself!

While I ponder that, here's my final classical posting for today.

'La Cetra' Concerto No.12 in B minor, RV 391, by Antonio Vivaldi. It is performed by the Academy of St Martin-In-The-Fields

Concerto No.12 in B minor, RV 391 I. Allegro non molto
Concerto No.12 in B minor, RV 391 II. Largo
Concerto No.12 in B minor, RV 391 III. Allegro

#1820776 - 01/08/12 09:38 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

sorry griffin we posted at the same time!!! Do you want an RST badge as suggested by our resident mouse catcher General Eglantine??

They can be got here.

Copy and paste link into avatar ...

#1820783 - 01/08/12 09:56 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Originally Posted By: Rostosky
sorry griffin we posted at the same time!!! Do you want an RST badge as suggested by our resident mouse catcher General Eglantine??

They can be got here.

Copy and paste link into avatar ...

Love it Rossy! Thanks! I'll be back shortly. I must have my coffee!

#1820787 - 01/08/12 10:00 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

me too., check your PMS Griffin.

#1820799 - 01/08/12 10:13 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Eglantine Offline

I've seen Apparat at various festivals. Will I festivalling this year? (It's the time of year to decide.) Here's his lovely Hailin' From The Edge, from his 2009 album Walls.

#1820804 - 01/08/12 10:22 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Eglantine Offline

I had three attempts at getting the badge to appear, and it worked 3rd time. Thank goodness! I was getting so depressed and anxious!

Well done Mrs. R.

#1820806 - 01/08/12 10:24 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

have been going to glastonbury since the (almost ) end of the free festies. After Thatcherism destroyed the convoys.. ( deep and intractable sadness, I love stonehenge)
Have worked there as well a couple of times!!
have you spurned your badge Eglantine after asking Mrs R to make one?
Or have you been too busy with the Mousework. ( housework/mousework) lol.

Talking of stonehenge, NOW, the leading archeologists are saying the evidence suggests it was a place of spiritual healing...

WAS? IS. and we knew that all allong, after a sunrise on solstice spent amidst that crystal isle, one could not fail to feel its power.

#1820808 - 01/08/12 10:26 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Ignore the "badge bit" in my previous post... I had a little trouble, its imageshack being slow today.

A lot of sites like that are on a sunday, especially youtube, as the kids are off school at the weekend and sunday seems to be the worst day..

#1820811 - 01/08/12 10:33 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

I wonder if I can choose to sell the badge to say someone who asked if they could have one, and may not like me much? I cannot bring anyone in particular to mind, but I feel confident Wayne would say "ask for thirty quid off them Rossy"
( IF , prompted) lol.

Actually,NO, the badge of mirth will not be prostituted, but if it was a "one off" then that may buy a silver badge of "cleverly disguised responsible citizen" for me.

#1820841 - 01/08/12 11:40 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013

Loc: New Orleans
me too me too!!

#1820856 - 01/08/12 12:09 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Got mine....bk in a bit smile

#1820860 - 01/08/12 12:21 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

I will have to love you and leave you hilarious dudes and dudettes for a good eight hours, I was up all night and now its time to sleep...!!!!!!
Be good, and if you cant be good, dont get caught!!!

#1821023 - 01/08/12 04:51 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Evenin' all, Looks like Rossy's gone nocturnal! "again!"

I must report, I gave my Neice her first piano lesson today, and I'm really happy how it went, I'm gonna start a thread about this, for advice etc!

Look at us lot lol, with matchin' RST badges wink (we're in with the "in-crowd")

#1821121 - 01/08/12 07:15 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
BeccaBb Offline
500 Post Club Member

Well we are all settled in now! Yesterday was completely insane and today I re-arranged the living room so that it looks coherent in here!

Yes this is my very first acoustic! and here it is!
[img:left][/img]

Ain't she pretty? She's a Kimball, from 1910-1913! Completely out of tune! lol If you want to see the other pictures, they are here: Photobucket-Piano

K enough of that.. have to catch up and read what I missed now!

Edited by BeccaBb (01/08/12 07:58 PM)

Floundering and Lost
Roland RD300NX

#1821126 - 01/08/12 07:20 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
BeccaBb Offline
500 Post Club Member

Oooh nice pretty badges.. wonderful..... smile

Floundering and Lost
Roland RD300NX

Page 104 of 238 < 1 2 ... 102 103 104 105 106 ... 237 238 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
> Robin Spielberg Playing in Maine! <
-------------------
75,000 Members and Growing!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
82 registered (AndrewJCW, BachMach2, barbaram, BB Player, 36251, 29 invisible), 1384 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75473 Members
42 Forums
156049 Topics
2291513 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
My fingers know what my brain has forgotten
by PatrickBl
Yesterday at 08:30 PM
Fully-Rebuilt Pianos Versus New Pianos
by Paul678
Yesterday at 08:12 PM
How do you identify the melody on a sheet of music?
by Alex1
Yesterday at 07:38 PM
Fugue in b Minor
by Ritzycat
Yesterday at 05:34 PM
Missing Pedal rods for Bramburg (1890-ish?)
by Paul678
Yesterday at 04:22 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission