Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 102 of 239 < 1 2 ... 100 101 102 103 104 ... 238 239 >
Topic Options
#1818283 - 01/04/12 09:22 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012

Loc: Minneapolis, MN

Here is something from Mike Oldfield.

"Song Of The Sun"

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#1818311 - 01/04/12 10:15 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Eglantine]
griffin2417 Offline

Oh Yeah, Eglantine!!! Nusrat Fateh has got SOUL!!! I'll be listening to more of his amazing music. Thanks! I may have a few more posts later. However, I have some chores to do around the house.

#1818574 - 01/04/12 05:58 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: griffin2417]
Eglantine Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 01 2013

Loc: Another Country
Originally Posted By: griffin2417

My first post today is from Senegalese singer-songwriter-guitarist Baaba Maal.

"Lam Toro"

That's the first track on the Baaba Maal/Mansour Seck vinyl I have, Djam Leelii. Lovely!

As of this morning I have almost all the music shelved, both vinyl and CD... so no excuses for not getting it out and playing it!

The large box of cassettes I am left with needs to be addressed, probably by replacing with CDs, but some of them are a little tricky (many out of prints on both vinyl and CD).

#1818597 - 01/04/12 06:32 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lost in cyberspace.in the UK.
OMG Eglantines got a silver badge!!!
It looks like we have Port out starboard home friends posting here!!! lol.

Eglantine, just while you are around... the "mystery" subscriber on my youtube chanel has about two hundred baroque and renaisence videos on their chanel...and nothing else...

This has led me to believe they must have come from Pianoworld....

I mean why would anyone with just two hundred plus videos of the above have happened by my meagre "two uploads" chanel? Its a real mystery... Its not important, but I would like to know , because I am a curious type.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project

#1818608 - 01/04/12 06:47 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013

Loc: New Orleans
Your secret fan has impressive playlists, Rossy. I like this one a lot:

#1818617 - 01/04/12 06:53 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Eglantine Offline

It's a mysterie, Rossy.

Latest addition to my YT favourites is this Beijing covers band called Dou Wei covering my favourite album in the world!!, Hex by Bark Psychosis. Another one of those ones on cassette that would cost an arm and leg to replace now on CD or vinyl, owing to the crapola world of music copyright, crappy record labels and all the rest.

Quite faithful to the original. China must be full of covers bands taking to their bosoms obscure English cult groups!

#1818621 - 01/04/12 06:56 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

OMG aimeeO has gone port out starboard home as well!!!!

Okay, how much do I have to give to get a silver badge? Remember this will come out of food money.
I am poor , but dont want to be the only one with no silver badge...

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

#1818623 - 01/04/12 06:59 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Eglantine, I could record the tracks off the tapes into abelton, then burn them onto CD's... you could do this too, I am not sure what the problem is?

#1818626 - 01/04/12 07:02 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Eglantine Offline

I truly am a Silver Surfer now grin

Not a competition, Rossy, but seems fair to throw a few bob in while I still have some work coming in myself. Would rather give something to PW than to some profiteer charging a hundred squid for a single piece of second-hand vinyl(!!) Also, this way leaves more money for the all-important cheese budget. thumb

#1818631 - 01/04/12 07:06 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Eglantine Offline

Originally Posted By: Rostosky
Eglantine, I could record the tracks off the tapes into abelton, then burn them onto CD's... you could do this too, I am not sure what the problem is?

These old tapes are all squiffy and sound like Eeyore. Amazon are doing mp3s of this now, finally, I notice, but their mp3s are pretty low quality.

#1818636 - 01/04/12 07:14 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Abelton can sortout the squiffyness, tracks can be edited in any way that a recording studio can. Sped up, e/qed, and anything added or subtracted that is undesired.
The main problems with cassette tape, is that it stretches over time.
So as an example or way of explaining...

If one piano track used exactly 100 feet of tape when it was first made, and this 100 feet of tape has stretched to say ( just an approx) 100ft and 1/16 of an inch, because the tape player is playing this stretched tape at the same speed as it always did, the track will sound weary and slow, particularly noticable with recorded pianos, it always makes it sound out of tune?

Record this into abelton.. then go to the tempo bar, increase the beats per min in the speed it is being played at, and record out at that new speed onto cd...

#1818641 - 01/04/12 07:19 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Eglantine Offline

Don't know about port out, Rossy, looks like Wayne is Man Overboard right now. Have you sent in the marines?

#1818661 - 01/04/12 07:43 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

I sent him a PM,, but he hasnt answered, and most unfortunately, I dont have his email addy anymore after the fiasco of having to make a new account a couple of months ago.
It is unusual, especially after having his piano recently tuned.

#1818666 - 01/04/12 07:47 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

AND from Ian Hunters albumn "man overboard" the lovely track "flowers" ( sometimes flowers are not enough)
what an excellent line:
"every man killed is an insult to everything"
enjoy....

Edited by Rostosky (01/04/12 07:48 PM)

#1818677 - 01/04/12 08:01 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Eglantine]
griffin2417 Offline

Originally Posted By: Eglantine
Originally Posted By: griffin2417

My first post today is from Senegalese singer-songwriter-guitarist Baaba Maal.

"Lam Toro"

That's the first track on the Baaba Maal/Mansour Seck vinyl I have, Djam Leelii. Lovely!

As of this morning I have almost all the music shelved, both vinyl and CD... so no excuses for not getting it out and playing it!

The large box of cassettes I am left with needs to be addressed, probably by replacing with CDs, but some of them are a little tricky (many out of prints on both vinyl and CD).

You and my friend Louis know good music. That's why I hang out with you all! I just learned that he did a concert here in Minneapolis last October. Damn! I wish I had known.

Also, I must admit I am a bit envious of you having all of your recordings organized! I'm getting better, however. I now have all of my recordings on shelves. However, good luck with finding what you want to listen to. laugh

Well I'm off to the deli to pick up our dinner. Be back shortly.

#1818680 - 01/04/12 08:04 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

OMG Eglantines got a silver badge!!!
It looks like we have Port out starboard home friends posting here!!! lol.

Ahem!!! Did someone mention silver badges? wink I decided I'd better do it now. I'll have less money coming in in a few years when I retire!

#1818693 - 01/04/12 08:18 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Oh go on then all of you!! everyone wear your silver badges and poor badgeless Rossy will be the saddo.
I may even write a song entitled " I wish I had a badge" Or " everyones got a badge apart from me"

Or "I never wanted a badge anyway"

Or just save up and donate, in fact save up lots and get a GOLD badge... oh yes, a gold badge, then we shall see who is the badge king.
LOL...

Hmmm rossy with a gold badge... unlikely but I may be able to stretch to a silver if I dont spend as much on food at morrisons for a few weeks...

#1818799 - 01/04/12 10:58 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

Oh, Rossy!!

Edited by AimeeO (01/04/12 11:05 PM)

#1818807 - 01/04/12 11:07 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

#1818809 - 01/04/12 11:09 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

Anyway. Maybe you should tell us the real story of Wayne's disappearance. You knew the scoop on me and Bill and the turkeys.

#1818883 - 01/05/12 03:52 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Well for now, Mrs R made me this special badge, just till I can afford a proper one off PW.
I want to contribute, but cannot till we get over christmas depletion of my funds...
So, as everyone else has got a badge, at least I dont feel too inadequate now that I have one, even if it is home made.
Thats better.

#1818894 - 01/05/12 04:41 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Eglantine Offline

Lovin' the badge, Rossy. I'm imagining it in lovely thick brightly-coloured home-made felt.

We had tremendous windy weather again last night. Its getting a bit tiresome with such disturbed sleep. Here's some nice soothing Popol Vuh, Kyrie from Hosianna Mantra.

#1818907 - 01/05/12 06:23 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Wow that was nice eglantine, and very interesting as well, a soothing and eerie mix.. I have never heard of popol vuh before...
any chance you could fill me in on the details please, so i can get to hear more?
Lovely.
Thanks.

#1818944 - 01/05/12 08:34 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: AimeeO]
Eglantine Offline

Originally Posted By: AimeeO

He's got a tractor!!

#1818947 - 01/05/12 08:43 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Eglantine Offline

Wow that was nice eglantine, and very interesting as well, a soothing and eerie mix.. I have never heard of popol vuh before...
any chance you could fill me in on the details please, so i can get to hear more?
Lovely.
Thanks.

They were kinda lumped in with the Krautrock brigade. They did soundtrack stuff for Herzog: Aguirre, Fitzcaraldo. Leading light was Florian Fricke, who I think had associations with Tangerine Dream. All the albums quite different from each other. Though some are 'ambient before there was ambient'.

Check out

(the rest of that album is a bit mixed, though, I warn you)

#1818950 - 01/05/12 08:49 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Eglantine Offline

Hey, someone's posted the BBC4 programme on krautrock to Youtube! Aguirre (Popol Vuh) is the opening track.

#1818958 - 01/05/12 09:18 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Eglantine Offline

Right, I reckon I must still have a box of CDs somewhere. There's a few things missing, surely? I can name some of them.

But where can it be? I've searched high and low in every cupboard. Do I bet on finding this mystery box? Or is it in my imagination? Is it just full of records I think I bought? Arghhh!

#1818969 - 01/05/12 09:45 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Eglantine]
griffin2417 Offline

Originally Posted By: Eglantine
Right, I reckon I must still have a box of CDs somewhere. There's a few things missing, surely? I can name some of them.

But where can it be? I've searched high and low in every cupboard. Do I bet on finding this mystery box? Or is it in my imagination? Is it just full of records I think I bought? Arghhh!

This sounds strangely familiar Eglantine! I've chosen to believe that there's an invisible force that likes to mess with our minds and temporarily locates our stuff in another dimension. That's why I haven't been able to locate one of my favorite Lionel Richie CDs. Well, that's my story, and I'm sticking with it! grin

I loved Popol Vuh. I first heard them in the 1980s on a weekly radio program called "Hearts of Space." I'll be back shortly.

#1818978 - 01/05/12 09:56 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Good morning everyone! I've decided to start my morning music with Sweet Honey In The Rock. Here is "In the Morning When I Rise."

#1819000 - 01/05/12 10:37 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Rossy, I love the colorful new badge you're displaying. Do you realize you may have created a whole new category of donors to PW? You've made a pledge to contribute to PW. Therefor, your badge represents a pledge! Cool!

Here is my second post,Cassandra Wilson performing "Until."

Page 102 of 239 < 1 2 ... 100 101 102 103 104 ... 238 239 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
122 registered (Alpiano, *windowlicker*, Al LaPorte, aesop, 36251, 36 invisible), 1449 Guests and 24 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75920 Members
42 Forums
156884 Topics
2305170 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
CA95 and HP-508
by Alpiano
08/23/14 09:47 AM
Help - kawai rx2-c conservatory limited edition
by KungPaoPanda
08/23/14 08:53 AM
What kind of fingering should I be using for these phrases?
by Jormungandr
08/23/14 03:04 AM
Mason & Hamlin BB Long distance purchase a few questions
by bigun
08/23/14 02:26 AM
MY NEW PIANO
by Jvmvidela
08/23/14 02:14 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission